Gatchamania.net
Register Memberlist Staff Search FAQ Arcade Calendar Gallery Filebase Forums Home  

Gatchamania.net »[Speak Up!] »General Discussion » San Diego Comic Con
Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (6): « first ...  « previous  3  4  [5]  6  next »  Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page San Diego Comic Con
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
veritas veritas is a Female
Exalted Member

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 20-10-2008

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by tatsunokofan
Hi all!

From what I understand, there will be some other Gatchaman fans at Dragon*Con this year as well. Several of the people who were unable to make it to San Diego are getting their "con fix" for the year by going to Dragon*Con instead. So, keep an eye out for people in black GatchaCon T-shirts, and you'll probably find them!

James

Well I'll be easy to spot on the saturday, I'll be the one in the berg Katse costume.

No new posts 06-08-2009 10:41 veritas is offline Send an Email to veritas Search for Posts by veritas Add veritas to your Buddy List
Springie Springie is a Female
Her Royal Fluffiness...Swan of Swans...

I am a Swan.

6 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 12-06-2006

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

Oooo...now I really want to go to Dragon Con!! Atlanta is much closer to me than California!

There is no problem that cannot be solved with time, patience, and a judicious amount of high explosives.

No new posts 06-08-2009 12:55 Springie is offline Send an Email to Springie Homepage of Springie Search for Posts by Springie Add Springie to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: Springie MSN Screenname: Springie
gogirl212 gogirl212 is a Female
Master Boardie

I am a Swan.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 03-07-2008

spacer

Hmm . . . Atlanta is not that far for me either . . . will have to seriously think about this!

It sounds like, as usual, the con was a great time - particularly for the gatch folk. Really would be nice to go some year - I guess that puts it on my "bucket list"!

Thank you again for all of the wonderful updates, photos and info. Next best thing to being there.

No new posts 06-08-2009 14:39 gogirl212 is offline Send an Email to gogirl212 Search for Posts by gogirl212 Add gogirl212 to your Buddy List AIM Screenname: terrihasacat
tatsunokofan tatsunokofan is a Male
Gatch Guru

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 03-12-2006

spacer

Hi all!

quote:
Well I'll be easy to spot on the saturday, I'll be the one in the berg Katse costume.

I'll let them know to look for you. Any chance you'll also be wearing the Jun or Devil Star costumes you mentioned earlier in this thread?

At this point, I know of 6 other fans who should be there. Perhaps you can all get together for a viewing party, or something of that nature.

James

No new posts 06-08-2009 15:18 tatsunokofan is offline Send an Email to tatsunokofan Search for Posts by tatsunokofan Add tatsunokofan to your Buddy List
Exalted Member

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

Just the katse one in the parade and around the con on saturday. The other two are partly made but waiting for me to lose the baby bump for a final fitting. The katse is stretchy enough and the cape hopefully will disguise a 6 month bump.

No new posts 06-08-2009 19:13 veritas is offline Send an Email to veritas Search for Posts by veritas Add veritas to your Buddy List
Firebird
Princess Firebird..... Goddess of Swannie Fics

I am a Swan.

63 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 01-07-2002

spacer

dont forget to get us pics!

No new posts 07-08-2009 03:02 Firebird is offline Send an Email to Firebird Search for Posts by Firebird Add Firebird to your Buddy List AIM Screenname: Taishala YIM Screenname: taishala
gatchgirl
Babbling Loonie

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 08-03-2006

spacer

One thing about TJ, James and Heather in those SDCC pics... they won't be the ones wearing the cape backwards. Flip

Racer by day, Feather Thrower all the time!

No new posts 07-08-2009 16:11 gatchgirl is offline Send an Email to gatchgirl Search for Posts by gatchgirl Add gatchgirl to your Buddy List
Reboekah
Master Boardie

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 12-03-2005

spacer

You might want to check out Felix Ip's blog - he has a great picture of the Joe poster!

http://felixip.blogspot.com/2009/08/gatchaman-g2-poster.html

No new posts 08-08-2009 20:25 Reboekah is offline Send an Email to Reboekah Homepage of Reboekah Search for Posts by Reboekah Add Reboekah to your Buddy List

I am a Swan.

6 fics uploaded

spacer

Very nice! I hope they make posters of the other characters, too...sounds like they're considering it!

There is no problem that cannot be solved with time, patience, and a judicious amount of high explosives.

No new posts 08-08-2009 20:58 Springie is offline Send an Email to Springie Homepage of Springie Search for Posts by Springie Add Springie to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: Springie MSN Screenname: Springie
Gatch Guru

0 fics uploaded

spacer

Hi all!

quote:
I hope they make posters of the other characters, too...sounds like they're considering it!

I wouldn't expect it, since those designs are toast anyway. They needed something to publicize the film with, so they're using their existing artwork for now. They'll probably make do with what they've already got out there until they get a Director for the film and create some new designs.

James

No new posts 09-08-2009 00:06 tatsunokofan is offline Send an Email to tatsunokofan Search for Posts by tatsunokofan Add tatsunokofan to your Buddy List

I am a Swan.

6 fics uploaded

spacer

UGH...I wish they'd hurry up with it...I'll be glad when they are done with Astroboy so they can focus on all things Gatch!

No new posts 09-08-2009 01:03 Springie is offline Send an Email to Springie Homepage of Springie Search for Posts by Springie Add Springie to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: Springie MSN Screenname: Springie
Gatch Guru

0 fics uploaded

spacer

Hi all!

Well, Astro Boy opens on October 23rd, so work on that film is certainly winding down. Assuming the film does well enough that Imagi doesn't do a financial crash and burn, we'll probably start hearing more about Gatchaman later this year/early next year, with an eye toward a late 2011 release.

James

No new posts 09-08-2009 01:22 tatsunokofan is offline Send an Email to tatsunokofan Search for Posts by tatsunokofan Add tatsunokofan to your Buddy List
gatchgirl
Babbling Loonie

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 08-03-2006

spacer

Guess it's up to us to try and go view the Astro Boy movie, in order to keep the cash flow to IMAGI.

Racer by day, Feather Thrower all the time!

No new posts 09-08-2009 19:57 gatchgirl is offline Send an Email to gatchgirl Search for Posts by gatchgirl Add gatchgirl to your Buddy List
Cain Highwind Cain Highwind is a Male
Exalted Member

I am a Swallow.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 13-11-2008

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by tatsunokofan

The Capcom Fighting Game panel was held in the afternoon. They were giving previews for three games, including Tatsunoko Vs Capcom. The Producer for the game, Ryota Niitsuma, was there to talk a bit about it. He confirmed that there would be some new characters included in the U.S. and European version of the game, but couldn't say yet who they were going to be. Apparently part of the problems in getting the clearances for many of the Tatsunoko characters wasn't simply whether the rights for their shows were owned by anyone over here, but also getting clearance to use their theme songs (Or instrumental versions thereof) in North America and Europe. When you consider that they were using characters from a number of different shows, that made this part quite difficult. When he was asked who were the oddest characters that people requested be included as the additional characters, his answer was, "Samurai Pizza Cats."

Yeah there was something just recently with Niitsuma insisting Gatchaman be in the game even though they had the most trouble with that particular license. He also says most of the music will make it into the game (probably for minigames)

The interesting thing about Samurai Pizza Cats. I dunno, maybe James knows more about this than me, but I had heard from a fan watching the Japanese version that Speedy/Yattaro/The main hero would actually recite Ken's lines (Calling himself the White Shadow; Three acting as one, etc) Though being co-owned by what is now Namco-Bandai, the chances of him being in it are kinda iffy.

About the Gatchaman movie, it's nice to see their pushing it. The whole thing with Paul Dini writing the script, that was dropped, right, or is he still doing that?

No new posts 12-08-2009 06:30 Cain Highwind is offline Send an Email to Cain Highwind Search for Posts by Cain Highwind Add Cain Highwind to your Buddy List AIM Screenname: Cain Sakazaki YIM Screenname: mog1138 MSN Screenname: mog1138@yahoo.com
Gatch Guru

0 fics uploaded

spacer

Hi all!

quote:
The interesting thing about Samurai Pizza Cats. I dunno, maybe James knows more about this than me, but I had heard from a fan watching the Japanese version that Speedy/Yattaro/The main hero would actually recite Ken's lines (Calling himself the White Shadow; Three acting as one, etc).

He didn't say it on a regular basis, but yes, he did make that quote once. Specifically he said, "Sometimes three, sometimes one, we are the white shadow that slips in unseen, the Science Ninja Team... No, we're the Secret Ninja Team Nyanki." Considering the comical nature of the series, it should come as no surprise that they would throw that in.

quote:
Though being co-owned by what is now Namco-Bandai, the chances of him being in it are kinda iffy.

It took me a couple of minutes to figure out what you were talking about here, and some checking to find out that the Sotsu Agency is partially owned by Bandai-Namco Holdings. Regardless, I doubt that this would really be that big a problem, since Bandai-Namco only owns 16.13% of the company, and Sotsu can still operate semi-independently (Much like the situation with Tatsunoko and Takara). Besides, Bandai-Namco would probably be happy to make their 16.13% of the profits from licensing a series as old as Teyandee.

quote:
The whole thing with Paul Dini writing the script, that was dropped, right, or is he still doing that?

Paul Dini has been off of the project for quite some time now. His involvement ended a couple of months after it was first announced. In fact, anyone that you ever heard was involved with the film is off the project now. Whenever Imagi does begin working on it again, they will be starting from scratch.

James

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by tatsunokofan on 26-08-2009 at 00:52.
No new posts 14-08-2009 00:46 tatsunokofan is offline Send an Email to tatsunokofan Search for Posts by tatsunokofan Add tatsunokofan to your Buddy List
clouddancer clouddancer is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am an Owl.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 10-04-2007

spacer

For those people waiting, unless I am mistaken, I don't see tickets for sale yet for next years Con.

Cloud does not want to miss out on next years event. Nono2

No new posts 25-08-2009 22:02 clouddancer is offline Send an Email to clouddancer Search for Posts by clouddancer Add clouddancer to your Buddy List
Gatch Guru

0 fics uploaded

spacer

Hi all!

quote:
For those people waiting, unless I am mistaken, I don't see tickets for sale yet for next years Con.

No, they're not on sale online yet. All they have is a small banner saying, "2010 Attendee registration Comic Soon!"

I've been checking every few days, and figured I'd post something about it once they went on sale.

James

No new posts 26-08-2009 00:54 tatsunokofan is offline Send an Email to tatsunokofan Search for Posts by tatsunokofan Add tatsunokofan to your Buddy List
clouddancer clouddancer is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am an Owl.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 10-04-2007

spacer

Thank you James. I had wondered if I had missed a post from you. Today was the first time I had checked since yours and TJ posts about the Con.

No new posts 26-08-2009 01:16 clouddancer is offline Send an Email to clouddancer Search for Posts by clouddancer Add clouddancer to your Buddy List
Exalted Member

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

Finally, its time for DC, the holiday I look fwds to all year. Fly out tommorrow with last years costumes that were altered only 2-3 weeks ago but already they are on the small side.

Not going to have much access to the interweb
but I'll be sure to post when I get back if theres any
Gatcha-Gossip.

No new posts 02-09-2009 21:20 veritas is offline Send an Email to veritas Search for Posts by veritas Add veritas to your Buddy List
Hinotori Hinotori is a Female
Babbling Loonie

I am an Eagle.

2 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 09-10-2007

spacer

Have fun, Veritas! Please give up a wrap-up when you get back from the 'con. And any pictures you're willing to post.... Big Grin

Eagle Condor Swan Swallow Hootie

No new posts 02-09-2009 22:11 Hinotori is offline Send an Email to Hinotori Search for Posts by Hinotori Add Hinotori to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: Hinotori72
« first ...  « previous  3  4  [5]  6  next »  --> Members browsing this thread: none Pages (6): « first ...  « previous  3  4  [5]  6  next » 
Post New Thread Post Reply
Rate Thread: 

very bad very bad 

very good very good 

Go to: