Gatchamania.net
Register Memberlist Staff Search FAQ Arcade Calendar Gallery Filebase Forums Home  

Gatchamania.net »[Entertainment] »Film Flam » Star Wars 3 - Revenge of the Sith
Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Star Wars 3 - Revenge of the Sith
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Firebird
Princess Firebird..... Goddess of Swannie Fics

I am a Swan.

63 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 01-07-2002

spacer
Star Wars 3 - Revenge of the Sith Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

Having seen this on the 19th May. I am interested to see other peoples opinions on this one.

Although the effects were great and it answered a lot of questions, for me in places it was contradictory. Explanantion below.

SPOILER

Contradictory when the reason for turning to Darkside was Padme but a bit later Anakin tries to strangle her????

Whether the intention was that at this time he was so far over he no longer cared did go through my mind but when later you see the rage of darth vader because she is dead it dispelled that one.

So what did you all think?

No new posts 24-05-2005 13:27 Firebird is offline Send an Email to Firebird Search for Posts by Firebird Add Firebird to your Buddy List AIM Screenname: Taishala YIM Screenname: taishala
Ronin
Exalted Member

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 04-09-2004

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

<emerges from behind rock>

Is it safe to come out now?

No new posts 24-05-2005 18:03 Ronin is offline Send an Email to Ronin Search for Posts by Ronin Add Ronin to your Buddy List
CricketBeautiful
Forum God

I am a Zark.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 04-04-2004

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

Star Wars was the subject of my first fanfics. Never wrote anything down, but Luke and Leia were in tears and then in each other's arms regularly. Then Ep 5 came out, so Luke got a new girl (from the Brian Daily Han Solo series) and each pair took turns.

So, I'll be locking my good memories up tightly and seeing what the new one has for me. And spending some quality time with hubby at the same time -- it'd have to be a pretty bad movie to ruin the evening.

- Viktor E. Frankl

No new posts 26-05-2005 17:22 CricketBeautiful is offline Send an Email to CricketBeautiful Homepage of CricketBeautiful Search for Posts by CricketBeautiful Add CricketBeautiful to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: cricketbeautiful MSN Screenname: cricketbeautiful@hotmail.com
CricketBeautiful
Forum God

I am a Zark.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 04-04-2004

spacer

Well, we saw it. Best part of the evening was dissecting it in the car afterwards.

Spoiler:

Like, did he ever see the third movie, (number 6), when Luke asks Leia if she remembers her real mother and she says, "Yes, she was very sad and very beautiful."

Over ten years, and he still calls Kenobi "My Master". "Master" would be fine, but "My" is pushing it.

A ship with landing struts ending in points -- sheesh, what spaceport designer let that by? The entire weight of the ship concentrated into three small dots.

The birth scene? Well, how did two nice-sized, full-term sized, babies fit inside? I don't care whether she was in Pilates or yoga or what, she'd have been a lot bigger. And Kenobi didn't do anything to ask her to live for them. We won't get into inducing labour for an emergency birth because Mommy's dying.

What's this with Organa? I was wracking my brain until hubby reassured me that, no, I wasn't forgetting anything. That guy they're all trusting so much really hasn't been given a name yet.

The younglings. First of all, why not call them "children". They're speaking standard 2005 English (ok, a varient on it with no contractions and way too many pronouncements) yet they call them "younglings". And they're all human. I know you can't have a kid that age spend hours in makeup, but how hard is it to fit one with a wig and a coat with a hump or extra arms and shoot from the back?

Time in hyperspace. The original movie, they spend hours if not days going between distant systems. Yet Code 66 is issued, and Yoda arrives back on Corruscant only hours after the massacre. Anikin's already on the volcano world. Big fights and such, and it takes only an hour or two for Padme and Kenobi to catch up with him. Then there's the big fight. Anikin's burning the entire time it takes the emperor to go from his own fight out to rescue him.

And the costumes? Have you ever slept on ropes of pearls? Ouch. Or in a fancy hairdo and had it survive the night? (For that matter, given how they were acting that evening, I'm surprised it survived the evening.) Still got those robes for the Jedi, but at least this time they usually got out of them before fighting.

It's a vary long movie. Lots of it could be cut. Like we know Anikin has to take a "car" around the city in the last bit. They don't have to show him getting into and out of it every time. And the fight scenes could be shortened.

The joy of fighting in the first scene when they're going to rescue the Chancellor -- too much joy, not enough reality that they and their support staff could be dead soon.

Wasn't the sabre that Ben gave Luke (nice bit that he remembered to pick it up) black and a bit shorter?

The names. Grevious and Dukoo. Maul. Massacre.

Still, there were some good moments.

They managed to avoid the Yoda-the-annoying-insect style of fighting this time.

I did like the beastie ObiWan rode. And the machine they were chasing was nifty.

Hubby noticed that Paladin?? (the Sith Master the Chancellor talks about) could control life itself, so we suspect he was Anikin's Daddy. Remember his mother said there was no father.

I liked the line, "and so ends democracy, with thunderous applause."

The emperor did a good job of twisting things and half-truths. Anikin was a quick learner.

R2 was priceless and C3PO nicely under-done, but the battle-droids were too chatty.

Bit of foreshadowing with Grevious's exoskeleton. That worked.

Overall, though, I know of several writers in this fandom alone who could have done a better job.

- Viktor E. Frankl

No new posts 01-06-2005 16:57 CricketBeautiful is offline Send an Email to CricketBeautiful Homepage of CricketBeautiful Search for Posts by CricketBeautiful Add CricketBeautiful to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: cricketbeautiful MSN Screenname: cricketbeautiful@hotmail.com
meridianday meridianday is a Female
Galaxy Girl

I am a Devilstar.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 27-06-2001

spacer

I saw it last night. It was better than the last 2 though.

Shame that the script and the acting were so stilted...

Devilstar Mallanox : "My mother was Irish and my father was an alien. I was an only child and I dress funny." Devilstar

No new posts 23-06-2005 06:05 meridianday is offline Send an Email to meridianday Homepage of meridianday Search for Posts by meridianday Add meridianday to your Buddy List
Cep Cep is a Male
Board Pirate

I am a Galactor.

Registration Date: 22-01-2004

spacer

I didnt get taken with it at all.....granted its a good gap filler between the two trilogys but erm.....I dunno there was something too Simpson'esk about the Darth Vader appearance at the end.

"Noooooo!"

Remind any of you of that too? Big Grin

Gatchamania.net Administrator Gatch

No new posts 25-06-2005 12:56 Cep is offline Send an Email to Cep Homepage of Cep Search for Posts by Cep Add Cep to your Buddy List Add Cep to your Contact List AIM Screenname: cepeleon
Members browsing this thread: none
Post New Thread Post Reply
Rate Thread: 

very bad very bad 

very good very good 

Go to: