Gatchamania.net
Register Memberlist Staff Search FAQ Arcade Calendar Gallery Filebase Forums Home  

Gatchamania.net »[Entertainment] »Anime & Cartoons » Aeon Flux
Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Aeon Flux
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Lolabella Lolabella is a Female
Boardie

I am a Swan.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 05-04-2004

spacer
Aeon Flux Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

Any of you fellow 90's brats remember watching Aeon Flux on MTV's Liquid Television?

The news is that a live action movie is in the making starring Charlize Theron.

For anyone that isn't familiar with Aeon Flux....here is a snippet I copied from who2.com

quote:

Created by Peter Chung, Aeon Flux debuted in 1991 as part of MTV's Liquid Television. Aeon Flux is an assassin whose futuristic espionage adventures set records for cartoon body counts. Long-legged and spidery, she wears a skimpy chastity belt, disregarding its traditional purpose in the extreme. With overtones of fetishism and sado-masochism, Aeon is sexy, cool and often ruthless.

No new posts 29-06-2004 18:42 Lolabella is offline Send an Email to Lolabella Search for Posts by Lolabella Add Lolabella to your Buddy List AIM Screenname: LolabellaG3
meridianday meridianday is a Female
Galaxy Girl

I am a Devilstar.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 27-06-2001

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

Funny thing, the first thought I had on reading this is that Charlize Theron put on a lot of weight to play Aileen Wuornos (how was that spelt again?) I don't think it's possible for anyone to lose enough weight to play Aeon Flux. Hope she doesn't try....

Devilstar Mallanox : "My mother was Irish and my father was an alien. I was an only child and I dress funny." Devilstar

No new posts 29-06-2004 19:45 meridianday is offline Send an Email to meridianday Homepage of meridianday Search for Posts by meridianday Add meridianday to your Buddy List
Boardie

I am a Swan.

0 fics uploaded

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

Ah...but she did lose her weight. She was all nice and svelte when she picked up her Oscar for the movie at the Academy Awards this last spring.

Now, 'they' are saying that they want her to lose more weight...so they have her on a low-carb diet and she is working out 4 hours a day....

The harness that were specially made for her 2 weeks ago for her to practice her stunts had to be send back cause she was already too small for them...

Geez...can you believe?

No new posts 29-06-2004 21:46 Lolabella is offline Send an Email to Lolabella Search for Posts by Lolabella Add Lolabella to your Buddy List AIM Screenname: LolabellaG3
Elvin Ruler Elvin Ruler is a Female
Forum God

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 09-01-2003

spacer

o.0

The way Theron can manipulate her body weight scares me. No matter what, it's always extreme, though. Can you imagine working out for four hours a day? I can't. Big Grin WAY too lazy for that.

No new posts 29-06-2004 22:18 Elvin Ruler is offline Send an Email to Elvin Ruler Search for Posts by Elvin Ruler Add Elvin Ruler to your Buddy List AIM Screenname: Elvnruler
Cep Cep is a Male
Board Pirate

I am a Galactor.

Registration Date: 22-01-2004

spacer

Never heard of it...is it a cartoon? Confused

Gatchamania.net Administrator Gatch

No new posts 30-06-2004 08:17 Cep is offline Send an Email to Cep Homepage of Cep Search for Posts by Cep Add Cep to your Buddy List Add Cep to your Contact List AIM Screenname: cepeleon
Galaxy Girl

I am a Devilstar.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

Yep, a series not for kiddies, and quite famous at the time. Must have been on MTV around the mid 90s?

Devilstar Mallanox : "My mother was Irish and my father was an alien. I was an only child and I dress funny." Devilstar

No new posts 30-06-2004 11:03 meridianday is offline Send an Email to meridianday Homepage of meridianday Search for Posts by meridianday Add meridianday to your Buddy List
imaqtz
Forum God

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 17-07-2001

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by Cep
Never heard of it...is it a cartoon? Confused

http://www.sadgeezer.com/aeon/

There ya go.....Ive never heard of it either and searched around for a link.. .tho for some strange reason just the name Aeon flux made me think of a comic strip with the Gauls and Vikings in Ancient times..<tho dang if THAT comic strips name escapes my pre Alzeimic mind right now!>

No new posts 04-07-2004 13:01 imaqtz is offline Send an Email to imaqtz Search for Posts by imaqtz Add imaqtz to your Buddy List
Galaxy Girl

I am a Devilstar.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

Asterix, maybe?

No new posts 04-07-2004 15:40 meridianday is offline Send an Email to meridianday Homepage of meridianday Search for Posts by meridianday Add meridianday to your Buddy List
imaqtz
Forum God

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

GASP!!!!!!!!!!!! Eek2

THATS the one!!!!!..Merry!@!!..youre incredible!!!!

Smoochies

No new posts 04-07-2004 15:51 imaqtz is offline Send an Email to imaqtz Search for Posts by imaqtz Add imaqtz to your Buddy List
CricketBeautiful
Forum God

I am a Zark.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 04-04-2004

spacer

ooooh, hubby's got some Asterisk comics somewhere. He loved them.

Anyone heard of Cerebus the Aardvark by Dave Sim?

- Viktor E. Frankl

No new posts 06-07-2004 19:50 CricketBeautiful is offline Send an Email to CricketBeautiful Homepage of CricketBeautiful Search for Posts by CricketBeautiful Add CricketBeautiful to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: cricketbeautiful MSN Screenname: cricketbeautiful@hotmail.com
Firebird
Princess Firebird..... Goddess of Swannie Fics

I am a Swan.

63 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 01-07-2002

spacer

I read all the Asterix books when i was little but no never heard of Cerebus the Aardvark.

Also have never seen Aeon Flux.

No new posts 07-07-2004 04:56 Firebird is offline Send an Email to Firebird Search for Posts by Firebird Add Firebird to your Buddy List AIM Screenname: Taishala YIM Screenname: taishala
Cep Cep is a Male
Board Pirate

I am a Galactor.

Registration Date: 22-01-2004

spacer

I remember when asterix came out on the super nintendo, brilliant game!! Big Grin

Gatchamania.net Administrator Gatch

No new posts 07-07-2004 08:14 Cep is offline Send an Email to Cep Homepage of Cep Search for Posts by Cep Add Cep to your Buddy List Add Cep to your Contact List AIM Screenname: cepeleon
ThornGenX
Honoured Member

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 18-05-2005

spacer

I remember Aeon Flux, and actually had (or might still have) a video tape of it which I sadly can't find Frown Even for the 90s I doubt that much violence would be allowed in a live action show. I did like the show and that fact that they allowed it to air though. Wink

A quote from the movie "Wall Street" 1987

No new posts 20-05-2005 13:06 ThornGenX is offline Send an Email to ThornGenX Search for Posts by ThornGenX Add ThornGenX to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: ThornGenX
Bennu Bennu is a Male
Former Lurker

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 19-06-2005

spacer

Aeon Flux was created Peter Chung who also did the character designs for The Phantom cartoon show and the anime Reign: The Conqueror (A Sc-Fi retell of Alexander The Great)

No new posts 20-06-2005 14:24 Bennu is offline Send an Email to Bennu Search for Posts by Bennu Add Bennu to your Buddy List
imaqtz
Forum God

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

Do you suppose you might have links to either Aeon Flux or Reign: The Conqueror ?

No new posts 21-06-2005 15:26 imaqtz is offline Send an Email to imaqtz Search for Posts by imaqtz Add imaqtz to your Buddy List
Boardie

I am a Swan.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

Sad Geezers Guide to Aeon Flux is HERE

Official Movie Site is HERE

No new posts 21-06-2005 17:28 Lolabella is offline Send an Email to Lolabella Search for Posts by Lolabella Add Lolabella to your Buddy List AIM Screenname: LolabellaG3
SailorCallie SailorCallie is a Female
Just popping in

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 06-09-2005

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by meridianday
Yep, a series not for kiddies, and quite famous at the time. Must have been on MTV around the mid 90s?

Let's see now: Liquid Television, Beavis & Butthead, The Maxx, and Aeon Flux are among the animated shows that aired on MTV during the 90's.

No new posts 06-09-2005 22:25 SailorCallie is offline Send an Email to SailorCallie Homepage of SailorCallie Search for Posts by SailorCallie Add SailorCallie to your Buddy List Add SailorCallie to your Contact List AIM Screenname: MacrosMoon YIM Screenname: SailorCallie
Members browsing this thread: none
Post New Thread Post Reply
Rate Thread: 

very bad very bad 

very good very good 

Go to: