Gatchamania.net
Register Memberlist Staff Search FAQ Arcade Calendar Gallery Filebase Forums Home  

Gatchamania.net »[Speak Up!] »Introductions » Welcome, Gatchamarie!
Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (3): « previous  1  [2]  3  next »  Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Welcome, Gatchamarie!
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
gatchamarie gatchamarie is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 18-06-2009

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by lborgia88
I've always wondered too. The general consensus here seems to be that they are somehow still alive, perhaps because of the pendant that Dr. Nambu had given to Ken, that seemed to have special powers. Episode 48 of Gatchaman Fighter (in Italian) used to be on youtube, but the person who posted it has had their account suspended so it's gone now. Sad2

That's what I think also and that's why I wished for a sequel! I've also pictured some sequels in my mind but never made it to write a fic. I tried to download (to tell the truth I always ask my husband to do so as he is the expert) episode 48 of Gatchaman F from softwares like Limewire or Emule but I couldn't as there wasn't enough feedback.

quote:
Have you seen these youtube clips of Battle of the Planets in Italian?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wpzZ1c8dsgY

(part 2)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yJ1kqKUxqMw

To be honest, no I never saw them but thanks for sending them on to me ... I'll promise to find some time and view them. Though I like the Gatchaman version more than BotP I will be more than happy to do so! Unfortunately when watching youtube clips our computer tends to cut at intervals as it is overloaded and a bit slow - needs to be upgraded again!

No new posts 20-06-2009 18:05 gatchamarie is offline Send an Email to gatchamarie Search for Posts by gatchamarie Add gatchamarie to your Buddy List
tatsunokofan tatsunokofan is a Male
Gatch Guru

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 03-12-2006

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

Hi all!

If you really want to watch Battle of the Planets in Italian, and don't want to deal with a slow computer speed, you'd probably be better off buying the Italian "Gatchaman - La Battaglia Dei Pianeti" DVDs that Yamato Video released in Italy a little while back. They released 11 volumes with 83 of the 85 Battle of the Planets episodes (Apparently they couldn't locate the Italian audio tracks for the two remaining episodes). The episodes are bilingual -- Italian and English. As a bonus on the final disc, they included the Italian dub of episode #'s 103 and 105. You can find them for sale on sites like eBay Italy or through webshops like Euroanime.it.

James

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by tatsunokofan on 20-06-2009 at 18:23.
No new posts 20-06-2009 18:22 tatsunokofan is offline Send an Email to tatsunokofan Search for Posts by tatsunokofan Add tatsunokofan to your Buddy List
Condorfan Condorfan is a Female
Master Boardie

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 01-09-2006

spacer

Welcome gatchamarie! Sorry I'm late but real life has been taking up my time.

You're from Malta! My parents used to live in Malta when they were first married. My Dad was posted there from the Royal Marines. He has said it was a beautiful place. I would like to visit there someday.

I'm glad we have another person to talk with about Gatch!

No new posts 20-06-2009 18:27 Condorfan is offline Send an Email to Condorfan Search for Posts by Condorfan Add Condorfan to your Buddy List AIM Screenname: Fallonminx
Hinotori Hinotori is a Female
Babbling Loonie

I am an Eagle.

2 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 09-10-2007

spacer

Wave3 Hello and welcome, Gatchamarie! My apologies too for the belated greeting, but so happy you're here! And another female Eagle too!!! Female Eagles rule!! (sorry, Met...) Winknudge

Eagle Condor Swan Swallow Hootie

No new posts 20-06-2009 18:48 Hinotori is offline Send an Email to Hinotori Search for Posts by Hinotori Add Hinotori to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: Hinotori72
Transmute Jun Transmute Jun is a Female
Queen of the Bird Missiles

I am a Swan.

40 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 04-04-2007

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by gatchamarie
Dear Transmute Jun, I can only tell you that California reminds me of a wonderful part of my life during which my then boyfriend and I decided on our marriage date whilst visiting Disneyland at Anaheim! That moment I will never forget and I remind it several times to my now hubby when I want to reenact some romance!

Sounds like a wonderful place to get engaged, Marie! My husband and I got engaged at his apartment, while playing a board game. It was a rather geeky board game, and somewhat obscure, but that romantic feeling came back again when we saw the guys on the Big Bang Theory playing it. Wink

Regardless, we love Disneyland, and decided that we needed to visit some form of Disney every year. This year we are in a drought, however, as we are planning on two Disney visits next year, one of them in January. We decided we could be strong and wait until then.

You are very lucky having gotten to watch Gatchaman II and F as a child! I had BOTP only, and while it had a lasting (positive) impression, I was also severely warped by 7-Zark-7. I can only hope to atone for that terrible consequence with my fanfics as an adult. Big Grin

I hear you on the little kids, but I have a secret... we don't have cable. Or satellite. Just regular, over-the-air channels. So no Disney Channel, no Nickelodeon, no Cartoon Netowrk... nothing. What do the kids watch? DVDs. Lots of DVDs. Whatever DVDs we buy for them. Hence, when they were 3 and 5, I was watching Gatchaman, and they watched right along with me. Now they enjoy Gatchaman (and its incarnations) too! Along with other stuff, of course. And they're suckers for a good Disney film as well.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Transmute Jun on 21-06-2009 at 17:00.
No new posts 20-06-2009 20:07 Transmute Jun is offline Send an Email to Transmute Jun Homepage of Transmute Jun Search for Posts by Transmute Jun Add Transmute Jun to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

spacer
Smile Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Condorfan
My parents used to live in Malta when they were first married. My Dad was posted there from the Royal Marines. He has said it was a beautiful place. I would like to visit there someday.

I'm glad we have another person to talk with about Gatch!

Glad to hear so and that my conviction that not so many people from far away countries knew anything about our small island is turning around!

I never tire of talking about Gatch though I feel a bit of an amateur compared to all of you when reading through all your statements including so much quotes and episodes which I somewhat have forgotten by time. You are my teachers and it's never late to learn more! Thanks again to all for your welcome. Teacher

No new posts 21-06-2009 16:57 gatchamarie is offline Send an Email to gatchamarie Search for Posts by gatchamarie Add gatchamarie to your Buddy List
Hinotori Hinotori is a Female
Babbling Loonie

I am an Eagle.

2 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 09-10-2007

spacer

Don't worry, Gatchamarie! We all have different levels of knowledge and understanding of all the series! But we're all here enjoying the same show and all it's incarnations - and that's the most important part. Learning the episodes, plots, character traits, etc., will come and is something I think we've all learned from eachother. So give it a little time and don't hold back! We'll fill in the blanks for you along the way! Smile

BTW, when it comes to the episode names and their corresponding numbers, I still don't know how TJ and LB can rattle them off so easily! I generally have to look them up... Shrug

Eagle Condor Swan Swallow Hootie

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Hinotori on 21-06-2009 at 18:01.
No new posts 21-06-2009 17:57 Hinotori is offline Send an Email to Hinotori Search for Posts by Hinotori Add Hinotori to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: Hinotori72
Metaliant Metaliant is a Male
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 06-06-2005

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by Hinotori
Wave3 Hello and welcome, Gatchamarie! My apologies too for the belated greeting, but so happy you're here! And another female Eagle too!!! Female Eagles rule!! (sorry, Met...) Winknudge

Sticks tongue out at Hino.

No new posts 21-06-2009 21:52 Metaliant is offline Send an Email to Metaliant Homepage of Metaliant Search for Posts by Metaliant Add Metaliant to your Buddy List MSN Screenname: The Legend
lborgia88 lborgia88 is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 27-06-2007

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by Hinotori

BTW, when it comes to the episode names and their corresponding numbers, I still don't know how TJ and LB can rattle them off so easily! I generally have to look them up... Shrug

Well, I do have this bookmarked -I especially need it for BOTP titles!

http://www.chronicsite.com/gatchaman/eplist.html

No new posts 21-06-2009 23:03 lborgia88 is offline Send an Email to lborgia88 Search for Posts by lborgia88 Add lborgia88 to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: lborgia88
clouddancer clouddancer is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am an Owl.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 10-04-2007

spacer

I have several sites like that bookmarked as well. My problem is I usually need to know either the Gatch Title, BOTP Title or eps. number before I can do a cross reference. And usually I have nothing more than an image or line that was said in an ep. which does not help.

No new posts 21-06-2009 23:17 clouddancer is offline Send an Email to clouddancer Search for Posts by clouddancer Add clouddancer to your Buddy List

I am a Swan.

40 fics uploaded

spacer

I have to say that writing canon episodes into fics, and doing the episode writeups once a week helps a LOT when trying to remember various scenes/episodes.

But I feel like a bumbling idiot in that department compared to James! Bowdown James!

No new posts 21-06-2009 23:34 Transmute Jun is offline Send an Email to Transmute Jun Homepage of Transmute Jun Search for Posts by Transmute Jun Add Transmute Jun to your Buddy List
shamrokchick shamrokchick is a Female
Forum Legend

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 02-08-2008

spacer

Hello and welcome gatchamarie! Wave3

No new posts 22-06-2009 00:06 shamrokchick is offline Send an Email to shamrokchick Search for Posts by shamrokchick Add shamrokchick to your Buddy List AIM Screenname: shamrokchick
Ebonyswanne Ebonyswanne is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Swan.

23 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 25-04-2007

spacer
RE: Glad to join you Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

quote:
A warm hello to all. First of all thanks a lot for your welcome and sorry for not introducing myself yesterday as duty called (children!) and I had to switch off. Yes I come from the small island called Malta which is beautiful, with loads of history, and now that it's summer it's very hot and sunny. Coming from such a small island may be very restrictive at times and that's why I was overjoyed when I came along this site which gave me so much information about the manga I liked best in childhood and hmm now! My interest got greater when I found out about the movie which I hope we could see later on perhaps in 2011. Before I searched in the web I thought that I was the only one who interested myself in such childhood memories but you proved me wrong and I was delighted! Sorry but I do not know Marvel Marie but perhaps I could get to know a bit from all of you through this site. Sorry if I do not understand some of your abbreviations as my English could be a bit restrictive at times! Glad to see the Eagles are pointing up! Thanks again. Animeparty

Welcome! I finally found your welcome thread!!

I'm am Aussie, and have a few Maltese friends here that were migrants. I hear Malta is a beautiful place to visit. Its good to see Battle of the Planets and Gatchaman made it there too!

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Ebonyswanne on 22-06-2009 at 10:12.
No new posts 22-06-2009 10:10 Ebonyswanne is offline Send an Email to Ebonyswanne Search for Posts by Ebonyswanne Add Ebonyswanne to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

spacer
Smile RE: Glad to join you Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Ebonyswanne

I'm am Aussie, and have a few Maltese friends here that were migrants. I hear Malta is a beautiful place to visit. Its good to see Battle of the Planets and Gatchaman made it there too!

Yes, in fact, there must be lot of Maltese migrants now living in Australia - one uncle of mine is one of them - and I also wish to visit your country some day cause I too think yours is a wonderful place to visit. Fortunately enough Gatchaman made it here! It was also just a few months ago that whilst browsing tv channels I encountered a familiar picture on the screen of one of our latest Maltese channels and, yes, it was Episode 1 of Gatchaman 1 in English! I was thrilled but when I tuned in the same time at the same channel for various days (and after checking with its weekly list of programs) I found out that they did not continue the series! What a delusion! Shame on them! Sad2

No new posts 22-06-2009 11:39 gatchamarie is offline Send an Email to gatchamarie Search for Posts by gatchamarie Add gatchamarie to your Buddy List

I am a Swan.

40 fics uploaded

spacer
RE: Glad to join you Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

quote:
I found out that they did not continue the series! What a delusion! Shame on them! Sad2

What a terrible tease! Shame on them!!!!! Nono2

No new posts 22-06-2009 13:22 Transmute Jun is offline Send an Email to Transmute Jun Homepage of Transmute Jun Search for Posts by Transmute Jun Add Transmute Jun to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

spacer
Question Attachments Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

If not a problem can I ask someone's help please regarding how to attach an image with my replies? I'm trying to experiment as a beginner but I think I'm messing up! To attach an image I entered "Edit Attachments" then I browsed to find a saved .jpg file, opened it and clicked on the "Add" button. What shall I do from there on please as something was loading but no attachment or image was seen in my reply? Thanks beforehand for your help Help

No new posts 22-06-2009 16:31 gatchamarie is offline Send an Email to gatchamarie Search for Posts by gatchamarie Add gatchamarie to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

I think I know what went wrong when trying to send an image as after some trials I noticed that a message appeared on top of window saying that my file was too large to be sent! Will try some other time. Thanks the same for patience.

No new posts 22-06-2009 17:06 gatchamarie is offline Send an Email to gatchamarie Search for Posts by gatchamarie Add gatchamarie to your Buddy List
Springie Springie is a Female
Her Royal Fluffiness...Swan of Swans...

I am a Swan.

6 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 12-06-2006

spacer

I'd suggest using Photobucket (free site) to upload pictures...then just copy and paste the [IMG] code into your posts...that's how I do it...

Photobucket

There is no problem that cannot be solved with time, patience, and a judicious amount of high explosives.

No new posts 22-06-2009 18:12 Springie is offline Send an Email to Springie Homepage of Springie Search for Posts by Springie Add Springie to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: Springie MSN Screenname: Springie
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

Thanks for advice Springie. I will surely try it!Thanks

No new posts 22-06-2009 18:41 gatchamarie is offline Send an Email to gatchamarie Search for Posts by gatchamarie Add gatchamarie to your Buddy List
clouddancer clouddancer is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am an Owl.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 10-04-2007

spacer

I will look forward to seeing what ever it is you are trying to post. I hope it is some nice piccies of Malta. Animelol

No new posts 22-06-2009 21:26 clouddancer is offline Send an Email to clouddancer Search for Posts by clouddancer Add clouddancer to your Buddy List
« previous  1  [2]  3  next »  --> Members browsing this thread: none Pages (3): « previous  1  [2]  3  next » 
Post New Thread Post Reply
Rate Thread: 

very bad very bad 

very good very good 

Go to: