Gatchamania.net
Register Memberlist Staff Search FAQ Arcade Calendar Gallery Filebase Forums Home  

Gatchamania.net »[Speak Up!] »General Discussion » If something is strange and doesn't look good? Who, you gonna call?
Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (3): [1]  2  3  next »  Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page If something is strange and doesn't look good? Who, you gonna call?
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Metaliant Metaliant is a Male
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 06-06-2005

spacer
If something is strange and doesn't look good? Who, you gonna call? Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

It's been 30 years since the original Battlestar Galactica has been aired, so happy birthday.

It's also been 25 years since the first Ghostbusters was released on the big screen and it has taken a bit of time, but they have released a fun Ghostbusters game on the PS3.

Basically it's set some years after the second film and you play a newbie Ghostbuster and must help to save New York as we know it from some familiar and new ghosts.

The familiar ghosts includes Slimer, the library ghost, the Stay Puft monster and several others. The graphics are pretty good, espeically with the four original Ghostubsters and what's even better is that they have the voices of the original people, Dan Aykroyd, Bill Murray, Harold Ramis and Ernie Hudsom. You even get Annie Potts as the secretary who fancies Egon, Janice and William Atherton as Walter Peck.

Essentially the game is Ghostbusters 3 and you can even do multiplayer and choose to play one of the four Ghostbusters.

I believe that there are six rules to Ghostbusting. These are:-

1) Don't cross the streams.
2) Don't look directing into the traps.
3) Split up as you can do more damage that way.
4) If someone ask if you are a God and your name is Ray Stantz, always say yes.
5) Don't switch off the containtment unit.
6) If you see the librarian ghost, don't get her as she will get you.

No new posts 20-06-2009 13:01 Metaliant is offline Send an Email to Metaliant Homepage of Metaliant Search for Posts by Metaliant Add Metaliant to your Buddy List MSN Screenname: The Legend
lborgia88 lborgia88 is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 27-06-2007

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

25 years since Ghostbusters? Man, I feel old now...

That's a classic movie.

I admit I only have pretty vague memories of the original Battlestar Galactica. I liked it, but I was never obsessed with it -that made it very easy for me to accept the new BSG, which was so very, very different.

No new posts 20-06-2009 14:59 lborgia88 is offline Send an Email to lborgia88 Search for Posts by lborgia88 Add lborgia88 to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: lborgia88
Condorfan Condorfan is a Female
Master Boardie

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 01-09-2006

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

I remember the original Battlestar Galactica. I had a thing for Starbuck; he was the independent and gutsy (I sense a recurring theme)

I'll have to try the Ghosbusters game. I loved the movie. The game has got to be better than the one I'm playing now: Indiana Jones and the Staff of Kings. I'm getting easily frustrated with it.

No new posts 20-06-2009 18:16 Condorfan is offline Send an Email to Condorfan Search for Posts by Condorfan Add Condorfan to your Buddy List AIM Screenname: Fallonminx
Hinotori Hinotori is a Female
Babbling Loonie

I am an Eagle.

2 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 09-10-2007

spacer

30 years for Battlestar and 25 for Ghostbusters?!? Yeah, I agree with LB... I'm feeling very old at the moment!!

Wow, 30 years since little Noah Hathaway stole my own little heart.... Luvu 5 Big Grin

Eagle Condor Swan Swallow Hootie

No new posts 20-06-2009 19:00 Hinotori is offline Send an Email to Hinotori Search for Posts by Hinotori Add Hinotori to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: Hinotori72
Transmute Jun Transmute Jun is a Female
Queen of the Bird Missiles

I am a Swan.

40 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 04-04-2007

spacer

Um... should I ask who Noah Hathaway is? Hiding 2

I loved Ghostbusters! We own the DVD now, and my kids enjoy it too.

No new posts 20-06-2009 19:59 Transmute Jun is offline Send an Email to Transmute Jun Homepage of Transmute Jun Search for Posts by Transmute Jun Add Transmute Jun to your Buddy List
clouddancer clouddancer is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am an Owl.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 10-04-2007

spacer

I guess ET was released some time in there as well. I feel like that is the first movie that my family went out to see so I remember it well. (There must have been earlier movies that we went to see at drive in theaters but that is my clearest memory.)

Those memories really do make me feel old.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by clouddancer on 20-06-2009 at 20:09.
No new posts 20-06-2009 20:08 clouddancer is offline Send an Email to clouddancer Search for Posts by clouddancer Add clouddancer to your Buddy List
Firebird
Princess Firebird..... Goddess of Swannie Fics

I am a Swan.

63 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 01-07-2002

spacer

Noah Hathaway played Boxey in Battlestar Galactica and Atreyu in Neverending story.

And yep have to agree witht he sentiments here of feeling old.

No new posts 21-06-2009 04:25 Firebird is offline Send an Email to Firebird Search for Posts by Firebird Add Firebird to your Buddy List AIM Screenname: Taishala YIM Screenname: taishala
lborgia88 lborgia88 is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 27-06-2007

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by Condorfan
I remember the original Battlestar Galactica. I had a thing for Starbuck; he was the independent and gutsy (I sense a recurring theme)

If I recall, there was a sort of Ken-Joe dynamic between Apollo and Starbuck, wasn't there?

No new posts 21-06-2009 04:47 lborgia88 is offline Send an Email to lborgia88 Search for Posts by lborgia88 Add lborgia88 to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: lborgia88
Hinotori Hinotori is a Female
Babbling Loonie

I am an Eagle.

2 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 09-10-2007

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by Transmute Jun

Ack! Faint

Who's Noah Hathaway??? Oh, TJ! And I thought you were much more a sci-fi fan than I am! Nono2

Big Grin

FB is correct... He played Boxey in Battlestar and Atreyu in Neverending Story.

Link to Our Favorite Non-Gatch Internet Resource!

Eagle Condor Swan Swallow Hootie

No new posts 21-06-2009 18:16 Hinotori is offline Send an Email to Hinotori Search for Posts by Hinotori Add Hinotori to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: Hinotori72
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

Even I didn't know who Noah was. Thought he build an ark myself.

No new posts 21-06-2009 21:57 Metaliant is offline Send an Email to Metaliant Homepage of Metaliant Search for Posts by Metaliant Add Metaliant to your Buddy List MSN Screenname: The Legend
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by Transmute Jun

I loved Ghostbusters! We own the DVD now, and my kids enjoy it too.

I got the blu-ray version.

I can remember the line at the cinema "We came. We saw. We kicked it ass." However, with the TV version, they cut that line out but it's on the blu-ray version.

No new posts 21-06-2009 21:58 Metaliant is offline Send an Email to Metaliant Homepage of Metaliant Search for Posts by Metaliant Add Metaliant to your Buddy List MSN Screenname: The Legend
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

quote:

I'll have to try the Ghosbusters game. I loved the movie. The game has got to be better than the one I'm playing now: Indiana Jones and the Staff of Kings. I'm getting easily frustrated with it.

The Ghostbusters game can be frustrating at times and I think it would be more fun playing with 3 other people on the multiplayer.

No new posts 21-06-2009 21:59 Metaliant is offline Send an Email to Metaliant Homepage of Metaliant Search for Posts by Metaliant Add Metaliant to your Buddy List MSN Screenname: The Legend
gatchgirl
Babbling Loonie

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 08-03-2006

spacer

I read the title of this thread just moments after watching Ghostbusters on tv... talk about messed up, and like the others I too am feeling rather old now!

Racer by day, Feather Thrower all the time!

No new posts 22-06-2009 02:51 gatchgirl is offline Send an Email to gatchgirl Search for Posts by gatchgirl Add gatchgirl to your Buddy List
Ebonyswanne Ebonyswanne is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Swan.

23 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 25-04-2007

spacer

Met...Now I feel old... That was my favourite movie when it first came out. I went on a date to see it with my future husband. (We were teens, we hadn't been dating long.) The game would be fun!

No new posts 22-06-2009 10:08 Ebonyswanne is offline Send an Email to Ebonyswanne Search for Posts by Ebonyswanne Add Ebonyswanne to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

What, you ladies old. Are you sure? I didn't realise that 21 means that you are old.

No new posts 22-06-2009 10:36 Metaliant is offline Send an Email to Metaliant Homepage of Metaliant Search for Posts by Metaliant Add Metaliant to your Buddy List MSN Screenname: The Legend
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by Ebonyswanne
Met...Now I feel old... That was my favourite movie when it first came out. I went on a date to see it with my future husband. (We were teens, we hadn't been dating long.) The game would be fun!

You would be ready to swear rather a lot. Don't ask me how many times I said fcuk over the weekend.

No new posts 22-06-2009 10:37 Metaliant is offline Send an Email to Metaliant Homepage of Metaliant Search for Posts by Metaliant Add Metaliant to your Buddy List MSN Screenname: The Legend
Condorfan Condorfan is a Female
Master Boardie

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 01-09-2006

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by lborgia88
quote:

If I recall, there was a sort of Ken-Joe dynamic between Apollo and Starbuck, wasn't there?

You're right! Just like Ken and Joe!

No new posts 22-06-2009 22:18 Condorfan is offline Send an Email to Condorfan Search for Posts by Condorfan Add Condorfan to your Buddy List AIM Screenname: Fallonminx
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

I don't think so personally as Starbuck was more laid back than Joe and wasn't much in a hurry to press any red buttons as much either (except during any daggit fights with cyclons) and went after the ladies more than anything else.

Also sometimes Apollo can be more aggressively than Starbuck, but that's my personal opioion.

No new posts 23-06-2009 08:10 Metaliant is offline Send an Email to Metaliant Homepage of Metaliant Search for Posts by Metaliant Add Metaliant to your Buddy List MSN Screenname: The Legend
Springie Springie is a Female
Her Royal Fluffiness...Swan of Swans...

I am a Swan.

6 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 12-06-2006

spacer

Oh, I had the biggest crush on Dirk Benedict...but I mainly watched him as "Face" on the A-Team...

There is no problem that cannot be solved with time, patience, and a judicious amount of high explosives.

No new posts 23-06-2009 14:03 Springie is offline Send an Email to Springie Homepage of Springie Search for Posts by Springie Add Springie to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: Springie MSN Screenname: Springie
gatchamarie gatchamarie is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 18-06-2009

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by Springie
Oh, I had the biggest crush on Dirk Benedict...but I mainly watched him as "Face" on the A-Team...

Springie, here you are emphasizing yet more that time has really passed! What memories!

No new posts 23-06-2009 16:59 gatchamarie is offline Send an Email to gatchamarie Search for Posts by gatchamarie Add gatchamarie to your Buddy List
[1]  2  3  next »  --> Members browsing this thread: none Pages (3): [1]  2  3  next » 
Post New Thread Post Reply
Rate Thread: 

very bad very bad 

very good very good 

Go to: