Gatchamania.net
Register Memberlist Staff Search FAQ Arcade Calendar Gallery Filebase Forums Home  

Gatchamania.net »[Fun Forums] »You Gotta See This! » They bbbbbbaaaaaccccck
Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page They bbbbbbaaaaaccccck
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Metaliant Metaliant is a Male
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 06-06-2005

spacer
They bbbbbbaaaaaccccck Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

ABC's V series

No new posts 06-06-2009 14:18 Metaliant is offline Send an Email to Metaliant Homepage of Metaliant Search for Posts by Metaliant Add Metaliant to your Buddy List MSN Screenname: The Legend
Firebird
Princess Firebird..... Goddess of Swannie Fics

I am a Swan.

63 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 01-07-2002

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

Seems interesting - i remember the original will be good to see how this one comes out

No new posts 06-06-2009 17:58 Firebird is offline Send an Email to Firebird Search for Posts by Firebird Add Firebird to your Buddy List AIM Screenname: Taishala YIM Screenname: taishala
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

Anna, this V's version of Diana reminds me of Servalan from Blake's 7 as sson as I saw her. Probably a cross of Servalan and Diana. Scary or what.

Ken Johnson, who created the original one will recieve a "Created By" in the credits and he's trying to make a movie based on his original series.

No new posts 06-06-2009 23:07 Metaliant is offline Send an Email to Metaliant Homepage of Metaliant Search for Posts by Metaliant Add Metaliant to your Buddy List MSN Screenname: The Legend
lborgia88 lborgia88 is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 27-06-2007

spacer

I remember really enjoying the two V miniseries, back in the early 80s. This new version definitely has better special effects!

No new posts 07-06-2009 03:27 lborgia88 is offline Send an Email to lborgia88 Search for Posts by lborgia88 Add lborgia88 to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: lborgia88
Firebird
Princess Firebird..... Goddess of Swannie Fics

I am a Swan.

63 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 01-07-2002

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by Metaliant
Anna, this V's version of Diana reminds me of Servalan from Blake's 7 as sson as I saw her. Probably a cross of Servalan and Diana. Scary or what.

Ken Johnson, who created the original one will recieve a "Created By" in the credits and he's trying to make a movie based on his original series.

I know what you mean Met she also reminds me of the female villain from Superman 2 (Ursa) same mannerisms at times.

No new posts 07-06-2009 16:02 Firebird is offline Send an Email to Firebird Search for Posts by Firebird Add Firebird to your Buddy List AIM Screenname: Taishala YIM Screenname: taishala
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

Now you mention it, she does, doesn"t she. Hopefully it will be good and on over here on any channels that I can watch. Better get a new sofa in ready to hide behind.

Hiding 2

No new posts 08-06-2009 06:27 Metaliant is offline Send an Email to Metaliant Homepage of Metaliant Search for Posts by Metaliant Add Metaliant to your Buddy List MSN Screenname: The Legend
veritas veritas is a Female
Exalted Member

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 20-10-2008

spacer

you know what, Ive never seen V. It was on too late for me, I was in bed when It was on and my parents wouldnt tape it for me because they didnt think it was appropriate.

No new posts 08-06-2009 07:57 veritas is offline Send an Email to veritas Search for Posts by veritas Add veritas to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

I missed some episodes for the same reason. Watched both series though.

No new posts 08-06-2009 11:59 Metaliant is offline Send an Email to Metaliant Homepage of Metaliant Search for Posts by Metaliant Add Metaliant to your Buddy List MSN Screenname: The Legend
veritas veritas is a Female
Exalted Member

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 20-10-2008

spacer

I suppose I should watch the original before the new stuff... Or I could just wait and watch with new eyes like the young uns who never saw the original BSG.

No new posts 09-06-2009 19:20 veritas is offline Send an Email to veritas Search for Posts by veritas Add veritas to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

If I can manage to watch this new series, then I would do it like I did with the BSG series, don't compare the new with the old and watch the new one as a brand new series and not a remake or a re-imaged series like BSG.

I would recommend watching the 2 V mini series though. Okay so the special effects aren't weren't exactly top-notched, but it was the story that really mattered and as for the single season series, there was potential but what I understand it, the TV studio who green lighted the series started to cut the budget and they started to use a lot of footage from the mini-series and even previous episodes, as seen in the last episode.

It was the same with the Alien Nation TV series, a lot of potential but the TV studio didn't give it a chance to flourish.

Hopefully this new V series will be great in it's own right.

No new posts 09-06-2009 21:01 Metaliant is offline Send an Email to Metaliant Homepage of Metaliant Search for Posts by Metaliant Add Metaliant to your Buddy List MSN Screenname: The Legend
lborgia88 lborgia88 is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 27-06-2007

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by veritas
It was on too late for me, I was in bed when It was on and my parents wouldnt tape it for me because they didnt think it was appropriate.

That brings back memories... So many movies and miniseries, I'd get sent to bed right in the middle while my older brother and sister got to stay up and watch till the end. Sad1 No VCR in those days, so I had to rely on my brother or sister to tell me the next morning what I'd missed. For years, all I knew about the end of "The Sound of Music" was what they told me -I'd always get sent to bed around the time the Baroness showed up.

No new posts 10-06-2009 15:44 lborgia88 is offline Send an Email to lborgia88 Search for Posts by lborgia88 Add lborgia88 to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: lborgia88
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

Ths is almost how I felt with Miami Vice and the V TV series, though we did have a VCR, those two programmes weren't important at all to my parrents, sigh, but I am glad that I can rent them out on DVDs, though with V, I just bought them instead.

Now, since I am physically older (mental state wavers between 6 and 16 years old, depending on situation) and also depends on whether I workt he next day, I can stay up aaallll night watching TV programmes.

No new posts 10-06-2009 18:40 Metaliant is offline Send an Email to Metaliant Homepage of Metaliant Search for Posts by Metaliant Add Metaliant to your Buddy List MSN Screenname: The Legend
gatchgirl
Babbling Loonie

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 08-03-2006

spacer

Oh man does that bring back memories... Some of my biggest fights with my parents were over TV shows/series that I wanted to watch.

Finally got a beta vcr in my late teen years. So the memory is still fresh when movies ran about 80-90 dollars a piece to buy.

Also it was back then that I had thought about how nice it would be if the "people" (cause I really didn't know much about who owned what) would release their shows and such on vcr tapes. Needless to say, years later they did! woohoo

Still remember thinking that I'd never see BOTP on video. Used to bug the heck out of my cousins, cause they had got to watch more years then I ever did.

Racer by day, Feather Thrower all the time!

No new posts 11-06-2009 15:34 gatchgirl is offline Send an Email to gatchgirl Search for Posts by gatchgirl Add gatchgirl to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

As a kid, I had an older brother and he watched his programmes on the colour TV, the only one I can remember was the late 70s Buck Rogers one, while I wanted to watch Dr Who.

Later, my parents bought a back and white telly and I had to watch my programmes on that while he watched his on the colour one. Later on, they bought a 17" colour TV, which I had to watch in the spare bedroom, while my parents had to watch their programmes (Cornation Street mostly as that's my mum's fav programme)

Whenever I am at my parents now, when they are watching their telly or DVD or anything they recorded on their VCR, I have to go upstairs to their bedroom and watch the small colour TV.

No new posts 11-06-2009 20:19 Metaliant is offline Send an Email to Metaliant Homepage of Metaliant Search for Posts by Metaliant Add Metaliant to your Buddy List MSN Screenname: The Legend
Members browsing this thread: none
Post New Thread Post Reply
Rate Thread: 

very bad very bad 

very good very good 

Go to: