Gatchamania.net
Register Memberlist Staff Search FAQ Arcade Calendar Gallery Filebase Forums Home  

Gatchamania.net »[Gatchaman Library] »Gatchaman Chat » Imagi's CEO Resigns
Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Imagi's CEO Resigns
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
tatsunokofan tatsunokofan is a Male
Gatch Guru

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 03-12-2006

spacer
Imagi's CEO Resigns Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

Hi all!

According to a press release sent out by Imagi on Sunday, Douglas Glen, their CEO, has resigned. His duties are being taken over by William Courtauld as acting CEO.

As said in the press release by Richard Witts, Board Chairman of Imagi, "The change will not impact the studio's day-today operations as we are fortunate in being able to transition smoothly under the leadership of our Acting CEO, who will be reinforced by Andrew Kopperud, recently promoted to Los Angeles-based Chief Operating Officer of Imagi worldwide."

In the same press release, William Courtauld said, "Astro Boy has the makings of a smash hit, and we now have a strong pipeline of CG projects to follow it, including Gatchaman."

The entire press release can be found here:

http://www.imagius.com/web/pdf/press_rel...s_20090510E.pdf

This might not have any dramatic impact on the production side of things at the studio, but I figured you'd still want to know what's going on.

James

No new posts 13-05-2009 16:53 tatsunokofan is offline Send an Email to tatsunokofan Search for Posts by tatsunokofan Add tatsunokofan to your Buddy List
Firebird
Princess Firebird..... Goddess of Swannie Fics

I am a Swan.

63 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 01-07-2002

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

Thank you James for keeping us updated

No new posts 13-05-2009 17:38 Firebird is offline Send an Email to Firebird Search for Posts by Firebird Add Firebird to your Buddy List AIM Screenname: Taishala YIM Screenname: taishala
clouddancer clouddancer is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am an Owl.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 10-04-2007

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

Thank you for the update James.

No new posts 13-05-2009 18:14 clouddancer is offline Send an Email to clouddancer Search for Posts by clouddancer Add clouddancer to your Buddy List
Transmute Jun Transmute Jun is a Female
Queen of the Bird Missiles

I am a Swan.

40 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 04-04-2007

spacer

I feel better that they actually mentioned Gatchaman as one of their strong products in the pipeline! It tells me that they haven't given up on it!

No new posts 13-05-2009 18:20 Transmute Jun is offline Send an Email to Transmute Jun Homepage of Transmute Jun Search for Posts by Transmute Jun Add Transmute Jun to your Buddy List
clouddancer clouddancer is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am an Owl.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 10-04-2007

spacer

THat is what I thought as well when I read that comment.

No new posts 13-05-2009 19:26 clouddancer is offline Send an Email to clouddancer Search for Posts by clouddancer Add clouddancer to your Buddy List
Condorfan Condorfan is a Female
Master Boardie

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 01-09-2006

spacer

Thanks for the information James. I'm glad they mentioned Gatchaman too.

No new posts 13-05-2009 21:42 Condorfan is offline Send an Email to Condorfan Search for Posts by Condorfan Add Condorfan to your Buddy List AIM Screenname: Fallonminx
Springie Springie is a Female
Her Royal Fluffiness...Swan of Swans...

I am a Swan.

6 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 12-06-2006

spacer

Still keeping my fingers crossed that everything will be ok!

There is no problem that cannot be solved with time, patience, and a judicious amount of high explosives.

No new posts 13-05-2009 22:00 Springie is offline Send an Email to Springie Homepage of Springie Search for Posts by Springie Add Springie to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: Springie MSN Screenname: Springie
lborgia88 lborgia88 is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 27-06-2007

spacer

It sounds like they're still committed to the Gatchaman movie -that is encouraging!

Thank you, James!

No new posts 14-05-2009 04:47 lborgia88 is offline Send an Email to lborgia88 Search for Posts by lborgia88 Add lborgia88 to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: lborgia88
Ebonyswanne Ebonyswanne is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Swan.

23 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 25-04-2007

spacer

CEO's usually leave a company in a 4yr period so I'm not alarmed by it. Generally they find another one or have a new one lined up. Maybe the change will be good and the movie gets underway due to the change in management.

Thanks James for the information and updates!

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Ebonyswanne on 14-05-2009 at 11:37.
No new posts 14-05-2009 11:35 Ebonyswanne is offline Send an Email to Ebonyswanne Search for Posts by Ebonyswanne Add Ebonyswanne to your Buddy List
tatsunokofan tatsunokofan is a Male
Gatch Guru

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 03-12-2006

spacer

Hi all!

I can't say I'm surprised that this happened, in particular after the financial problems that led to the studio shutting down briefly a few months back. There had to be some management level fallout from that.

As I said, I doubt that there will be any major production level disruptions because of this, at least not for Astro Boy. That film is far enough along that it should be okay.

Gatchaman could potentially be another matter, depending on the attitude of whoever they choose as a new CEO. It's possible that the new CEO could have a "I must make my mark" or "Everything my predecessor did was bad" attitude and try to kill anything that was approved by Douglas Glen, including Gatchaman. It's equally possible that the new CEO will love the idea of the Gatchaman movie and will give it a major push to move forward with production. We really won't know anything until the new CEO is in place any begins to take some action.

James

No new posts 14-05-2009 18:33 tatsunokofan is offline Send an Email to tatsunokofan Search for Posts by tatsunokofan Add tatsunokofan to your Buddy List
Condorfan Condorfan is a Female
Master Boardie

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 01-09-2006

spacer

I didn't think of that James, thanks for reminding me. A new CEO might just scrap Gatchaman in favor of something he wants or make Gatchaman but change it so much its terrible. Bad omen--I hope I'm wrong.

No new posts 15-05-2009 00:45 Condorfan is offline Send an Email to Condorfan Search for Posts by Condorfan Add Condorfan to your Buddy List AIM Screenname: Fallonminx
gatchgirl
Babbling Loonie

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 08-03-2006

spacer

Thanks for the update James.... will continue to hope for the best.

Racer by day, Feather Thrower all the time!

No new posts 15-05-2009 01:59 gatchgirl is offline Send an Email to gatchgirl Search for Posts by gatchgirl Add gatchgirl to your Buddy List
Members browsing this thread: none
Post New Thread Post Reply
Rate Thread: 

very bad very bad 

very good very good 

Go to: