Gatchamania.net
Register Memberlist Staff Search FAQ Arcade Calendar Gallery Filebase Forums Home  

Gatchamania.net »[Speak Up!] »General Discussion » Time to grow up a bit....
Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Time to grow up a bit....
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
veritas veritas is a Female
Exalted Member

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 20-10-2008

spacer
Time to grow up a bit.... Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

Well this Dragon Con may well see a slightly chubbier
Swan and Katse than usual..... Ive just discovered I'm expecting.

This is gods way of laughing at me as I'd just pursuaded a few of my convention going friends to
save for Comic Con next year to join in with the Gatcha fun. Thats now out the window.

Of course I had a talk from my mum about how I couldnt go 'galavanting' all over the place any more
to these 'funny get togethers' . Of course I took this on board, then found out Ben Browder from Farscape was appearing at an event in June, so ignored her and booked some tickets.

No new posts 08-05-2009 09:53 veritas is offline Send an Email to veritas Search for Posts by veritas Add veritas to your Buddy List
Springie Springie is a Female
Her Royal Fluffiness...Swan of Swans...

I am a Swan.

6 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 12-06-2006

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

WOW!! Congratulations, Veritas! You don't have to grow up too much, and now you have a good excuse to use for those "cartoons" you love! And of course, you'll now be able to add to the new generation of Gatch fans!
I'm so happy for you!

There is no problem that cannot be solved with time, patience, and a judicious amount of high explosives.

No new posts 08-05-2009 10:15 Springie is offline Send an Email to Springie Homepage of Springie Search for Posts by Springie Add Springie to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: Springie MSN Screenname: Springie
meridianday meridianday is a Female
Galaxy Girl

I am a Devilstar.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 27-06-2001

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

Congratulations!

I'm sure cosplay costumes are easier to make in child sizes Big Grin

Devilstar Mallanox : "My mother was Irish and my father was an alien. I was an only child and I dress funny." Devilstar

No new posts 08-05-2009 11:14 meridianday is offline Send an Email to meridianday Homepage of meridianday Search for Posts by meridianday Add meridianday to your Buddy List
SJ_SwanJun SJ_SwanJun is a Female
Forum Goddess

I am a Red Squadron.

9 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 26-04-2007

spacer

Oh congratulations, sweetheart!!!

When are you due? How are you feeling?

Oh this is wonderful news!!

Sighhh

Why do men snore when lying on their backs?
Because their balls fall over their butt holes and they vapour lock.

No new posts 08-05-2009 12:38 SJ_SwanJun is offline Send an Email to SJ_SwanJun Search for Posts by SJ_SwanJun Add SJ_SwanJun to your Buddy List
clouddancer clouddancer is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am an Owl.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 10-04-2007

spacer

Congratulations Veritas. Just imagine ... in a few years you can go wandering those 'funny get togethers' with your little Swan or Eagle.

No new posts 08-05-2009 12:59 clouddancer is offline Send an Email to clouddancer Search for Posts by clouddancer Add clouddancer to your Buddy List
lborgia88 lborgia88 is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 27-06-2007

spacer

Congratulations, Veritas!

I know the logistics get more complex, but surely some "galavanting" to "funny get togethers" is still possible with a small child, and I'm sure you'll enjoy introducing him or her to your favourite hobbies and fandoms.

No new posts 08-05-2009 14:09 lborgia88 is offline Send an Email to lborgia88 Search for Posts by lborgia88 Add lborgia88 to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: lborgia88
Firebird
Princess Firebird..... Goddess of Swannie Fics

I am a Swan.

63 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 01-07-2002

spacer

Congratulations Veritas!

I am sure your little one will enjoy going with you to the comic con etc not to mention getting to play dress up. Most kids when they are young love doing that.

So how are you feeling? When is it due?

No new posts 08-05-2009 15:16 Firebird is offline Send an Email to Firebird Search for Posts by Firebird Add Firebird to your Buddy List AIM Screenname: Taishala YIM Screenname: taishala
Condorfan Condorfan is a Female
Master Boardie

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 01-09-2006

spacer

Congratulations Veritas! You must feel very proud. I wish you all the best!

No new posts 08-05-2009 15:29 Condorfan is offline Send an Email to Condorfan Search for Posts by Condorfan Add Condorfan to your Buddy List AIM Screenname: Fallonminx
gogirl212 gogirl212 is a Female
Master Boardie

I am a Swan.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 03-07-2008

spacer

What exciting news!!! Congratulations!!! I'm sure your baby birdie will not have any objections to his/her mommy going out to play!

No new posts 09-05-2009 04:29 gogirl212 is offline Send an Email to gogirl212 Search for Posts by gogirl212 Add gogirl212 to your Buddy List AIM Screenname: terrihasacat
veritas veritas is a Female
Exalted Member

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 20-10-2008

spacer

Thanks all.
I'm only 5 weeks so not due till Jan 2010. Ony found out after I'd been to an army Rugby match last weekend and spent the day in the beer tent, ooopps.

Had to knock the diet on the head and tone down the kickboxing, but I'll be 22 weeks at Dregon con, hoping it wont be too obvious and I can hide behind cloaks and wings.

No new posts 09-05-2009 15:29 veritas is offline Send an Email to veritas Search for Posts by veritas Add veritas to your Buddy List
Transmute Jun Transmute Jun is a Female
Queen of the Bird Missiles

I am a Swan.

40 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 04-04-2007

spacer

Congratulations, Veritas! That sounds wonderful! I'm so happy for you!

FWIW, the year my DD was born, and the year after, my DH and I realized we couldn't take a big vacation. So we ended up driving down to Pasadena for the massive Star Trek convention they hold there every year. We had tons of fun, and it was relatively easy with a younger baby. Now a rampaging toddler is another story. Wink

I know you'll do great! FWIW, I vacationed when I was about 20 weeks pg with my DD, and I had just barely passed the indefinable line from people thinking 'she's a bit chubby' to 'she's pregnant'. So I wasn't that big yet.

BTW, I highly recommend this book.

http://www.amazon.com/Girlfriends-Guide-...41891909&sr=8-1

It's awesome!!!

No new posts 09-05-2009 17:53 Transmute Jun is offline Send an Email to Transmute Jun Homepage of Transmute Jun Search for Posts by Transmute Jun Add Transmute Jun to your Buddy List
Hinotori Hinotori is a Female
Babbling Loonie

I am an Eagle.

2 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 09-10-2007

spacer

Congratulations, Veritas! What exciting news! No reason for you to skip any of the Cons - you need to get your new baby involved from the very start! baby2

Eagle Condor Swan Swallow Hootie

No new posts 09-05-2009 20:38 Hinotori is offline Send an Email to Hinotori Search for Posts by Hinotori Add Hinotori to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: Hinotori72
gatchgirl
Babbling Loonie

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 08-03-2006

spacer

CONGRATS Veritas. Let the next generation of fans continue.

Racer by day, Feather Thrower all the time!

No new posts 09-05-2009 21:32 gatchgirl is offline Send an Email to gatchgirl Search for Posts by gatchgirl Add gatchgirl to your Buddy List
Xephon0930 Xephon0930 is a Male

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 13-04-2009

spacer

I remember my first convention.Smile

No new posts 10-05-2009 21:46 Xephon0930 is offline Send an Email to Xephon0930 Search for Posts by Xephon0930 Add Xephon0930 to your Buddy List
Cep Cep is a Male
Board Pirate

I am a Galactor.

Registration Date: 22-01-2004

spacer

Congratulations Veritas Smile Great news! animebutterfly

Gatchamania.net Administrator Gatch

No new posts 11-05-2009 18:01 Cep is offline Send an Email to Cep Homepage of Cep Search for Posts by Cep Add Cep to your Buddy List Add Cep to your Contact List AIM Screenname: cepeleon
Ebonyswanne Ebonyswanne is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Swan.

23 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 25-04-2007

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by veritas
Thanks all.
I'm only 5 weeks so not due till Jan 2010. Ony found out after I'd been to an army Rugby match last weekend and spent the day in the beer tent, ooopps.

Had to knock the diet on the head and tone down the kickboxing, but I'll be 22 weeks at Dregon con, hoping it wont be too obvious and I can hide behind cloaks and wings.

Congratulations!!! I hope the time goes fast for you.

No new posts 11-05-2009 23:57 Ebonyswanne is offline Send an Email to Ebonyswanne Search for Posts by Ebonyswanne Add Ebonyswanne to your Buddy List
saturn saturn is a Female
Boardie

I am a Swan.

Registration Date: 21-05-2008

spacer

This is such a wonderful news, Veritas. Congratulations!

No new posts 12-05-2009 08:40 saturn is offline Send an Email to saturn Search for Posts by saturn Add saturn to your Buddy List
Members browsing this thread: none
Post New Thread Post Reply
Rate Thread: 

very bad very bad 

very good very good 

Go to: