Gatchamania.net
Register Memberlist Staff Search FAQ Arcade Calendar Gallery Filebase Forums Home  

Gatchamania.net »[Speak Up!] »General Discussion » Blind as a drunken bat
Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Blind as a drunken bat
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Metaliant Metaliant is a Male
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 06-06-2005

spacer
Blind as a drunken bat Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

Couple of years ago, I had my eyes tested and was told that I could get registered blind. I said I think about it and then my mum said I should as it could mean more benefits.

So she wrote and even rang the hospital, where I had my eyes tested and it took under 2 years for them to find my stuff and do something about it.

Well, earlier this week I had a form from them, which I didn't have a clue what to do with as the form was in the envelope and nothing else and I though it said that I was still registered partially sighted.

When my parents came yesterday, I showed them this form with very unreadable writing (and believe you me, this was a lot worse than my awful writing) and I was told that in fact the form said that I was registered blind, not paritally sighted.

Which shows how blind I am.

So, this week I am going to find out if I can get more benefits and stuff and if anybody, especially customers coming up to me and asking me in that rude way, whether I am blind or not, then I will say yes I am, hee hee.

No new posts 26-04-2009 07:39 Metaliant is offline Send an Email to Metaliant Homepage of Metaliant Search for Posts by Metaliant Add Metaliant to your Buddy List MSN Screenname: The Legend
lborgia88 lborgia88 is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 27-06-2007

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

2 years? Sigh, sounds like a classic example of bureaucratic "efficiency."

I hope this enables you to get the benefits that you're entitled to, Met!

No new posts 26-04-2009 14:08 lborgia88 is offline Send an Email to lborgia88 Search for Posts by lborgia88 Add lborgia88 to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: lborgia88
Transmute Jun Transmute Jun is a Female
Queen of the Bird Missiles

I am a Swan.

40 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 04-04-2007

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

I hope this works out for you, Met! Huggles

No new posts 26-04-2009 16:09 Transmute Jun is offline Send an Email to Transmute Jun Homepage of Transmute Jun Search for Posts by Transmute Jun Add Transmute Jun to your Buddy List
Springie Springie is a Female
Her Royal Fluffiness...Swan of Swans...

I am a Swan.

6 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 12-06-2006

spacer

Yeah, Met...it sounds like you can have some fun with this and you are telling the truth...you are officially blind! I hope this means that you can get more benefits!

There is no problem that cannot be solved with time, patience, and a judicious amount of high explosives.

No new posts 26-04-2009 16:44 Springie is offline Send an Email to Springie Homepage of Springie Search for Posts by Springie Add Springie to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: Springie MSN Screenname: Springie
Firebird
Princess Firebird..... Goddess of Swannie Fics

I am a Swan.

63 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 01-07-2002

spacer

Hope it doesn't take as long to sort the benefits out!

No new posts 26-04-2009 17:47 Firebird is offline Send an Email to Firebird Search for Posts by Firebird Add Firebird to your Buddy List AIM Screenname: Taishala YIM Screenname: taishala
shamrokchick shamrokchick is a Female
Forum Legend

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 02-08-2008

spacer

I hope you can get your benefits too Met...

No new posts 27-04-2009 02:21 shamrokchick is offline Send an Email to shamrokchick Search for Posts by shamrokchick Add shamrokchick to your Buddy List AIM Screenname: shamrokchick
Members browsing this thread: none
Post New Thread Post Reply
Rate Thread: 

very bad very bad 

very good very good 

Go to: