Gatchamania.net
Register Memberlist Staff Search FAQ Arcade Calendar Gallery Filebase Forums Home  

Gatchamania.net »[Gatchaman Library] »Gatchaman » Gatchapin
Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (21): « first ...  « previous  16  17  [18]  19  20  next »  ... last »  Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Gatchapin
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
lborgia88 lborgia88 is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 27-06-2007

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

Darn! After reading the title, I thought today's story would have real cats in it... Cat

quote:
Originally posted by Transmute Jun
I'm missing something here... why did they let the henchman go if they had already captured him?

I can only think that he somehow charmed Gatchapin with his singing and dancing and convinced him he hadn't done anything wrong. Of course, later, Gatchapin was ready and armed with his fearsome snapping paper, which clearly instills terror in all villains. Laugh2

No new posts 03-04-2009 05:32 lborgia88 is offline Send an Email to lborgia88 Search for Posts by lborgia88 Add lborgia88 to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: lborgia88
tatsunokofan tatsunokofan is a Male
Gatch Guru

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 03-12-2006

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

Hi all!

quote:
People are upset because there are signs on all of the candy (bean pastries?). What does the sign say?

The signs say "Sold Out," "Out of Stock," and "Sold Out Across Japan." You see, Cat Thief Hiroshi was stealing and eating all of the candies as fast as they are being made, so there were none available for people to buy.

quote:
Gatchapin actually catches him. Gatchapin takes him to the police station and questions him, and he proceeds to alternately be sad and get up and sing/dance. I'm not seeing the problem here?

Gatchapin was growing frustrated because Hiroshi refused to give him any straight answers. He went from blubbering apologizes to singing his own praises and singing commercial jingles. It's hard to deal with someone who says they did what they did because they "wish they were an Oscar Meyer Weiner" (Or the Japanese equivilant thereof).

quote:
I'm missing something here... why did they let the henchman go if they had already captured him?

They didn't really let him go. They were trying to get him to stop acting with all the sense of responsibility of your average cat. So they used the "Mr. Cat Fooler" weapon (The terror of cats everywhere, looking even larger when viewed through the water bottle) to scare him straight.

After that, the candies were once again available in Asakusa. Or they would have been if the older lady hadn't bought them all, making them sold out yet again!

quote:
I was laughing at the beginning with the makeup! I'm glad Gatchapin only ended up with lipstick. I was wondering what the eyelash curler would do to him, given that he didn't have eyelashes.

I didn't think he had lips...

James

No new posts 03-04-2009 23:50 tatsunokofan is offline Send an Email to tatsunokofan Search for Posts by tatsunokofan Add tatsunokofan to your Buddy List
Transmute Jun Transmute Jun is a Female
Queen of the Bird Missiles

I am a Swan.

40 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 04-04-2007

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by tatsunokofan
I didn't think he had lips...

This just goes to show what you know about women's makeup, James! Lipstick can be used to create lips, even if you don't have any (or more likely, enlarge lips that are too small). But an eyelash curler is pretty useless without eyelashes. Wink

No new posts 04-04-2009 00:37 Transmute Jun is offline Send an Email to Transmute Jun Homepage of Transmute Jun Search for Posts by Transmute Jun Add Transmute Jun to your Buddy List
Gatch Guru

0 fics uploaded

spacer

Hi all!

For some unknown reason, the Fuji TV Kids Club has skipped a weeks worth of Gatchapin episodes, jumping from episode #10 to episode #16. Annoying, I know, but there's nothing that can be done about it except hope that they'll include the missing week's worth of episodes at some later date.

Anyway, episode #16 of "Science Ninja Team Gatchapin" is now online. Today's episode is "Enraged! The Booming Fast Rickshaw!

It can be found at:

http://www.fujitvkidsclub.jp/webchannel/index.html

The member ID and password you'll need to view it is:

Member ID Number: 15023448
Password: gatchapin

Today Gatchapin faces off against the Mystery Man Sickening Arino!

Enjoy!

James

No new posts 06-04-2009 00:05 tatsunokofan is offline Send an Email to tatsunokofan Search for Posts by tatsunokofan Add tatsunokofan to your Buddy List

I am a Swan.

40 fics uploaded

spacer

I was wondering what was wrong with Mukkun's mouth, then I finally realized that he now has a mustache! Weird... Eyebrows

Also... I guess this is too much continuity to expect, but why would Gatchapin get sick from a rickshaw ride, when he goes through the fast-spinning merry-go-round launch every episode?

What were the boys in the beginning of the episode saying/doing?

Lastly, why were Mukkun and Gatchapin so upset in the beginning? Was it because they didn't know what the chopsticks were for?

No new posts 06-04-2009 01:14 Transmute Jun is offline Send an Email to Transmute Jun Homepage of Transmute Jun Search for Posts by Transmute Jun Add Transmute Jun to your Buddy List
Gatch Guru

0 fics uploaded

spacer

Hi all!

quote:
I guess this is too much continuity to expect

On this show, any continuity is too much to expect.

quote:
What were the boys in the beginning of the episode saying/doing?

They were asking directions to Akihabara. They also wondered if Gatchapin was was doing cosplay, and were trying to get the girls to go with them to Akihabara, where the girls could do cosplay as maids. Ick.

quote:
Lastly, why were Mukkun and Gatchapin so upset in the beginning? Was it because they didn't know what the chopsticks were for?

No. They were helping to assemble the chopsticks in their paper wrappers, and yet in order to eat their meal, they had to undo some of their handiwork.

James

No new posts 06-04-2009 01:44 tatsunokofan is offline Send an Email to tatsunokofan Search for Posts by tatsunokofan Add tatsunokofan to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

quote:

They were asking directions to Akihabara. They also wondered if Gatchapin was was doing cosplay, and were trying to get the girls to go with them to Akihabara, where the girls could do cosplay as maids. Ick.

Maids? Bored

No new posts 06-04-2009 02:42 lborgia88 is offline Send an Email to lborgia88 Search for Posts by lborgia88 Add lborgia88 to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: lborgia88
clouddancer clouddancer is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am an Owl.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 10-04-2007

spacer

quote:
Hi all!

quote:
I guess this is too much continuity to expect

On this show, any continuity is too much to expect.

James

You think we would have realized that by now don't you.....

No new posts 06-04-2009 02:45 clouddancer is offline Send an Email to clouddancer Search for Posts by clouddancer Add clouddancer to your Buddy List

I am a Swan.

40 fics uploaded

spacer

I'm starting to wonder why I keep trying to make sense out of the episodes... perhaps I've been on a rickshaw ride and I'm sick too! Doh2

No new posts 06-04-2009 03:54 Transmute Jun is offline Send an Email to Transmute Jun Homepage of Transmute Jun Search for Posts by Transmute Jun Add Transmute Jun to your Buddy List
Gatch Guru

0 fics uploaded

spacer

Hi all!

Episode #17 of "Science Ninja Team Gatchapin" is now online. Today's episode is "Dreadful! The Azakusa Store Closing Operation"

It can be found at:

Today Gatchapin faces off against the Store Closing Mystery Man Okada!

Enjoy!

James

No new posts 06-04-2009 23:49 tatsunokofan is offline Send an Email to tatsunokofan Search for Posts by tatsunokofan Add tatsunokofan to your Buddy List

I am a Swan.

40 fics uploaded

spacer

Okay, what was going on with the girls today? Were they laughing at Gatchapin? Was that why he was so depressed in the office?

No new posts 06-04-2009 23:58 Transmute Jun is offline Send an Email to Transmute Jun Homepage of Transmute Jun Search for Posts by Transmute Jun Add Transmute Jun to your Buddy List
Gatch Guru

0 fics uploaded

spacer

Hi all!

quote:
Okay, what was going on with the girls today? Were they laughing at Gatchapin? Was that why he was so depressed in the office?

The girls are making fun of Gatchapin's lack of progress against Azakusa, leading to his depression.

Oh, the pathos...!

James

No new posts 07-04-2009 00:26 tatsunokofan is offline Send an Email to tatsunokofan Search for Posts by tatsunokofan Add tatsunokofan to your Buddy List

I am a Swan.

40 fics uploaded

spacer

quote:
The girls are making fun of Gatchapin's lack of progress against Azakusa, leading to his depression.

Oh, the pathos...!

Sooo.... this show is teaching young Japanese children to make fun of those who have failed. I see...

No new posts 07-04-2009 00:28 Transmute Jun is offline Send an Email to Transmute Jun Homepage of Transmute Jun Search for Posts by Transmute Jun Add Transmute Jun to your Buddy List
clouddancer clouddancer is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am an Owl.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 10-04-2007

spacer

Look at it this way TJ ... Look at how laughing at someone who has failed makes them feel.... See glass half full option. Wink
(Sorry I am the Owl and like to see the good in everything ... even if it is not there.)

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by clouddancer on 07-04-2009 at 00:40.
No new posts 07-04-2009 00:39 clouddancer is offline Send an Email to clouddancer Search for Posts by clouddancer Add clouddancer to your Buddy List
Gatch Guru

0 fics uploaded

spacer

Hi all!

Episode #18 of "Science Ninja Team Gatchapin" is now online. Today's episode is "Save the City of Asakusa! The Fearsome Harajuku-izing Plan"

It can be found at:

Today Gatchapin faces off against the T-Shirt Mystery Man Harajukun!

Since I can already see this one coming, the people in Asakusa are confused as to which city they are in because all they can find for sale are T-shirts for the city of Harajuku. This makes them think they might be in Harajuku (Despite the sign on the gift shop plainly saying "Asakusa"). No one ever said the citizens of Asakusa were geniuses.

Enjoy!

James

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by tatsunokofan on 08-04-2009 at 23:59.
No new posts 08-04-2009 01:28 tatsunokofan is offline Send an Email to tatsunokofan Search for Posts by tatsunokofan Add tatsunokofan to your Buddy List
Gatch Guru

0 fics uploaded

spacer

Hi all!

Episode #19 of "Science Ninja Team Gatchapin" is now online. Today's episode is "It's Cold! It's Cold! It's Cold! Is Asakusa Frozen!?"

It can be found at:

Today Gatchapin faces off against the Inviting Cat Okada!

Enjoy!

James

No new posts 08-04-2009 23:59 tatsunokofan is offline Send an Email to tatsunokofan Search for Posts by tatsunokofan Add tatsunokofan to your Buddy List
Gatch Guru

0 fics uploaded

spacer

Hi all!

Episode #20 of "Science Ninja Team Gatchapin" is now online. Today's episode is "Gatchapin Vs Azakusa * Asakusa Final Decisive Battle!!"

It can be found at:

In this, the final episode of "Science Ninja Team Gatchapin," Gatchapin and Dr. Mukkun must work side-by-side as they confront Azakusa's Supreme Commander himself, Emperor Boyoyon!

Enjoy!

James

No new posts 10-04-2009 00:04 tatsunokofan is offline Send an Email to tatsunokofan Search for Posts by tatsunokofan Add tatsunokofan to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

But, it didn't seem all that "final and decisive," as the gravy (I hope that's what is was) showed up on Gatchapin's and Dr. Mukkun's sushi (yuck!) at the end. There'll be more episodes next week, I hope?

No new posts 10-04-2009 15:07 lborgia88 is offline Send an Email to lborgia88 Search for Posts by lborgia88 Add lborgia88 to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: lborgia88
Gatch Guru

0 fics uploaded

spacer

Hi all!

quote:
as the gravy (I hope that's what is was)

It was curry, not gravy.

quote:
There'll be more episodes next week, I hope?

That was the end of the Gatchapin run (Aside from the 5 episodes they skipped for some reason). The most likely thing to happen will be that they'll go back to the first episode of "Go Go! Gatchapin" on Monday, and start the whole cycle over again, as this is the pattern they have done in the past.

James

No new posts 10-04-2009 15:19 tatsunokofan is offline Send an Email to tatsunokofan Search for Posts by tatsunokofan Add tatsunokofan to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

Curry? I like curry (and gravy) but not on everything, and certainly not on my sushi! I can see why everyone was upset about this!

Is it known if there are plans to make more Gatchapin episodes at some future time? The ending to yesterday's episode does suggest this, with the "To be Continued."

Does going back to the first episode mean we'll see Pierre Katse again? I really liked him.

No new posts 10-04-2009 15:44 lborgia88 is offline Send an Email to lborgia88 Search for Posts by lborgia88 Add lborgia88 to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: lborgia88
« first ...  « previous  16  17  [18]  19  20  next »  ... last »  --> Members browsing this thread: none Pages (21): « first ...  « previous  16  17  [18]  19  20  next »  ... last » 
Post New Thread Post Reply
Rate Thread: 

very bad very bad 

very good very good 

Go to: