Gatchamania.net
Register Memberlist Staff Search FAQ Arcade Calendar Gallery Filebase Forums Home  

Gatchamania.net »[Speak Up!] »Introductions » Hiya!
Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (2): [1]  2  next »  Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Hiya!
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Jairen Jairen is a Male
Former Lurker

I am an Owl.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 24-03-2009

spacer
Hiya! Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

Just thought I'd pop on and say HI! whilst I familiarise myself with the boards.

Bit about me, been a long time scifi/fantasy fan in so many different genres.

I have very fond memories about the BotP incarnation of Gatchaman, that were all brought back to the surface when I found the Gatchaman page on the Imagi website when I was reading about the new TMNT film they released. My favourite is Ryu/Tiny, mostly because he gets to fly the God Phoenix, and also because I am most like him physically lol!

Outside of watching so many different films/tv shows, reading so many books, I love to write as well, done some SW fanfics previously, written some original fantasy, edited some friends work as well. Might even drift into the Gatchaman fanfic world once I've re-discovered it. I'm going back through Gatchaman from the beginning again to bring myself back up to speed.

No new posts 24-03-2009 14:15 Jairen is offline Send an Email to Jairen Search for Posts by Jairen Add Jairen to your Buddy List
SJ_SwanJun SJ_SwanJun is a Female
Forum Goddess

I am a Red Squadron.

9 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 26-04-2007

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

Hiya Jairen.

Welcome to the boards! Feel free to plod around and join in on any conversations going on.

Post some links to your fics. We're all slathering monsters for fic work and you'll no doubt end up with a couple of fans.

Again, welcome.

SJ

Sighhh

Why do men snore when lying on their backs?
Because their balls fall over their butt holes and they vapour lock.

No new posts 24-03-2009 14:20 SJ_SwanJun is offline Send an Email to SJ_SwanJun Search for Posts by SJ_SwanJun Add SJ_SwanJun to your Buddy List
clouddancer clouddancer is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am an Owl.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 10-04-2007

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

Well hello Jairen. Let me be the first to welcome another Owl fan.

It sounds like you are showing up at just the right time. In a week or so we are going to be starting to have discussions about each episode, starting from the beginning of Gatch.

Feel free to add any interesting facts you discover while renewing your interest.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by clouddancer on 24-03-2009 at 14:23.
No new posts 24-03-2009 14:23 clouddancer is offline Send an Email to clouddancer Search for Posts by clouddancer Add clouddancer to your Buddy List
gatchgirl
Babbling Loonie

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 08-03-2006

spacer

Welcome Jairen to this site. It's a fun place to be, and I can't wait to have a chance to read any fanfic, but especially Gatch related.

Racer by day, Feather Thrower all the time!

No new posts 24-03-2009 14:31 gatchgirl is offline Send an Email to gatchgirl Search for Posts by gatchgirl Add gatchgirl to your Buddy List
Metaliant Metaliant is a Male
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 06-06-2005

spacer

Welcome Jairen and I like your avatar and another Owl for ClD (Clouddancer) to play with on her birthday.

I would like to invite you to the Rubb......I mean Reception Room. Don't worry, it's safe in there and you can't hurt yourself as the walls are made of rubber.

I have also notice that you are slightly older than me, as I was born in August 72. Another 20something. Welcome again mate and oh by the way, us Eagles have HUGE tabs, so just ask for your posion at Snack J.

No new posts 24-03-2009 14:32 Metaliant is offline Send an Email to Metaliant Homepage of Metaliant Search for Posts by Metaliant Add Metaliant to your Buddy List MSN Screenname: The Legend
veritas veritas is a Female
Exalted Member

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 20-10-2008

spacer

*waves*

Yay, I knew you'd have to join us at some point.

Believe me people, if / when Jairen gets his owl costume sorted, it will be the most convincing Ryu ever!

No new posts 24-03-2009 15:00 veritas is offline Send an Email to veritas Search for Posts by veritas Add veritas to your Buddy List
shamrokchick shamrokchick is a Female
Forum Legend

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 02-08-2008

spacer

Hi Jairen and welcome to the boards! Wave3 Oooo... it's great to see another Owl fan..

No new posts 24-03-2009 15:03 shamrokchick is offline Send an Email to shamrokchick Search for Posts by shamrokchick Add shamrokchick to your Buddy List AIM Screenname: shamrokchick
Condorfan Condorfan is a Female
Master Boardie

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 01-09-2006

spacer

Welcome Jairen! Nice to have you here! welcome

No new posts 24-03-2009 16:39 Condorfan is offline Send an Email to Condorfan Search for Posts by Condorfan Add Condorfan to your Buddy List AIM Screenname: Fallonminx
lborgia88 lborgia88 is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 27-06-2007

spacer

Greetings, Jairen! It's nice to meet you!

No new posts 24-03-2009 16:45 lborgia88 is offline Send an Email to lborgia88 Search for Posts by lborgia88 Add lborgia88 to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: lborgia88
Transmute Jun Transmute Jun is a Female
Queen of the Bird Missiles

I am a Swan.

40 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 04-04-2007

spacer

It's great to see you here, Jairen! We always enjoy welcoming new people to the world of Gatch. Or to be more correct, people like you who knew one of the Gatchaman incarnations in their childhoods, and then rediscovered it later on! I think most of us here fall into that category, and the largest contingent seems to be people who grew up watching BOTP. (and yes, I fall into that category)

We love all kinds of fanfic and fanart, so whatever goodness you decide to share will be much appreciated!

Welcome to the board! welcome

No new posts 24-03-2009 17:18 Transmute Jun is offline Send an Email to Transmute Jun Homepage of Transmute Jun Search for Posts by Transmute Jun Add Transmute Jun to your Buddy List
Jairen Jairen is a Male
Former Lurker

I am an Owl.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

Thank you for the wonderful, warm welcome, I can see I'm going to be right a home here Smile

No new posts 25-03-2009 09:08 Jairen is offline Send an Email to Jairen Search for Posts by Jairen Add Jairen to your Buddy List
SJ_SwanJun SJ_SwanJun is a Female
Forum Goddess

I am a Red Squadron.

9 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 26-04-2007

spacer

What's this I hear about an Owl costume???

Sighhh

Why do men snore when lying on their backs?
Because their balls fall over their butt holes and they vapour lock.

No new posts 25-03-2009 09:25 SJ_SwanJun is offline Send an Email to SJ_SwanJun Search for Posts by SJ_SwanJun Add SJ_SwanJun to your Buddy List
Metaliant Metaliant is a Male
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 06-06-2005

spacer

Owl costume. Qucik get the camera.

No new posts 25-03-2009 13:50 Metaliant is offline Send an Email to Metaliant Homepage of Metaliant Search for Posts by Metaliant Add Metaliant to your Buddy List MSN Screenname: The Legend
Springie Springie is a Female
Her Royal Fluffiness...Swan of Swans...

I am a Swan.

6 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 12-06-2006

spacer

Well, I just have to welcome our new Owl with an Owl! Glad to have you here, Jairen!

There is no problem that cannot be solved with time, patience, and a judicious amount of high explosives.

No new posts 25-03-2009 23:34 Springie is offline Send an Email to Springie Homepage of Springie Search for Posts by Springie Add Springie to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: Springie MSN Screenname: Springie
saturn saturn is a Female
Boardie

I am a Swan.

Registration Date: 21-05-2008

spacer

Nice to meet you here, Jairen. Welcome to the board, welcome

No new posts 26-03-2009 07:36 saturn is offline Send an Email to saturn Search for Posts by saturn Add saturn to your Buddy List
Jairen Jairen is a Male
Former Lurker

I am an Owl.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by SJ_SwanJun
What's this I hear about an Owl costume???

I'm in talks with a friend of mine to have an Owl helmet made, and then to potentially make an entire costume.

If I'm honest, I kind of waiting for the images to arrive from the new film (not sure spandex would suit me lol) and to build it around that, though I like the armoured version of Ryu in the avatar that I have.

You should get Veritas to post a picture of her Berg Katse costume.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Jairen on 28-03-2009 at 00:23.
No new posts 28-03-2009 00:23 Jairen is offline Send an Email to Jairen Search for Posts by Jairen Add Jairen to your Buddy List
meg meg is a Female
Boardie

I am a Swan.

Registration Date: 06-02-2008

spacer

Welcome Jairen! welcome

No new posts 28-03-2009 00:40 meg is offline Send an Email to meg Search for Posts by meg Add meg to your Buddy List
Transmute Jun Transmute Jun is a Female
Queen of the Bird Missiles

I am a Swan.

40 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 04-04-2007

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by Jairen
You should get Veritas to post a picture of her Berg Katse costume.

She did! It's in the cosplay section.

No new posts 28-03-2009 00:55 Transmute Jun is offline Send an Email to Transmute Jun Homepage of Transmute Jun Search for Posts by Transmute Jun Add Transmute Jun to your Buddy List
gatchgirl
Babbling Loonie

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 08-03-2006

spacer

Yep and she did a wonderful job. Jairen. Can't wait to view any pics of your Owl costume along the way, that is if you feel like posting them.

Racer by day, Feather Thrower all the time!

No new posts 28-03-2009 02:03 gatchgirl is offline Send an Email to gatchgirl Search for Posts by gatchgirl Add gatchgirl to your Buddy List
Ebonyswanne Ebonyswanne is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Swan.

23 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 25-04-2007

spacer

Hi Jairen!!! welcome

Writing is addictive isn't it... Well you're in the right place to find fanfic writters and Gatchaman/BOTP fans. Hang around, come into the Snack J for a while and I'll buy a round or two...

And look out for Clouddancer she's our fluffy white Owl... I'm sure she'll love to meet another Owl fan!

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Ebonyswanne on 29-03-2009 at 08:51.
No new posts 29-03-2009 08:50 Ebonyswanne is offline Send an Email to Ebonyswanne Search for Posts by Ebonyswanne Add Ebonyswanne to your Buddy List
[1]  2  next »  --> Members browsing this thread: none Pages (2): [1]  2  next » 
Post New Thread Post Reply
Rate Thread: 

very bad very bad 

very good very good 

Go to: