Gatchamania.net
Register Memberlist Staff Search FAQ Arcade Calendar Gallery Filebase Forums Home  

Gatchamania.net »[Speak Up!] »General Discussion » It's Center Neptune Week!
Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (3): « previous  1  2  [3]  Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page It's Center Neptune Week!
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
tatsunokofan tatsunokofan is a Male
Gatch Guru

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 03-12-2006

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

Hi all!

quote:
But in this image from Reboekah's site it looks like a building (skyscaper)

The thing that looks like the top of a tall building outside of the window is actually the window shade, as is more obvious in a larger image.

So, yes, they are at Ken's home on the airfield.

James

No new posts 20-03-2009 03:52 tatsunokofan is offline Send an Email to tatsunokofan Search for Posts by tatsunokofan Add tatsunokofan to your Buddy List
clouddancer clouddancer is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am an Owl.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 10-04-2007

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

Oooooo, I never thought of that. Considering I have never had outer blinds (shutters we call them) on a house I live in.

So CAN you see Ken's plane outside the window or door, like I remember?
Curiosity says, "I think I am going to watch that eps today and check."

This post has been edited 3 time(s), it was last edited by clouddancer on 20-03-2009 at 11:49.
No new posts 20-03-2009 11:47 clouddancer is offline Send an Email to clouddancer Search for Posts by clouddancer Add clouddancer to your Buddy List
Transmute Jun Transmute Jun is a Female
Queen of the Bird Missiles

I am a Swan.

40 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 04-04-2007

spacer

We're going to get some shutters like that for our new house (although they'll be inside). Do you think our new home will look like Ken's shack? ROFL 2

No new posts 20-03-2009 14:05 Transmute Jun is offline Send an Email to Transmute Jun Homepage of Transmute Jun Search for Posts by Transmute Jun Add Transmute Jun to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

I am an Owl.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

Only if it is a one story house, with just a couple of rooms. Wink

No new posts 20-03-2009 14:20 clouddancer is offline Send an Email to clouddancer Search for Posts by clouddancer Add clouddancer to your Buddy List
shamrokchick shamrokchick is a Female
Forum Legend

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 02-08-2008

spacer

Barrdwing... your list has me ROFL 2 Thanks for sharing this!

And thanks to James for his explanation of the base, and to everybody for their screen caps! I didn't realize how many different views their were of the base, it seems to look all the same to me when I'm watching the epidsodes Laugh1

I've always lived in a colonial so we have shutters but not working ones Wink. But I agree in the picture it could look like a building.

No new posts 20-03-2009 14:27 shamrokchick is offline Send an Email to shamrokchick Search for Posts by shamrokchick Add shamrokchick to your Buddy List AIM Screenname: shamrokchick

I am a Swan.

40 fics uploaded

spacer

Hmmmm.... new trend in the real estate market... one room airfield shacks and old trailers... Wink

No new posts 20-03-2009 14:46 Transmute Jun is offline Send an Email to Transmute Jun Homepage of Transmute Jun Search for Posts by Transmute Jun Add Transmute Jun to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

I am an Owl.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by Transmute Jun
Hmmmm.... new trend in the real estate market... one room airfield shacks and old trailers... Wink

That is because the team has retired and are using their ISO bonus money to move up to $500, 000 homes.

No new posts 20-03-2009 17:39 clouddancer is offline Send an Email to clouddancer Search for Posts by clouddancer Add clouddancer to your Buddy List
Ebonyswanne Ebonyswanne is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Swan.

23 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 25-04-2007

spacer

Back in the it was written they needed whole rooms for computers unlike today. The concept of a smaller home computer was nothing but a futuristic dream...So I can understand the huge computers in they show at Centre Neptune/Cresent Coral base.

No new posts 20-03-2009 23:43 Ebonyswanne is offline Send an Email to Ebonyswanne Search for Posts by Ebonyswanne Add Ebonyswanne to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

I am a Swan.

23 fics uploaded

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by Transmute Jun
We're going to get some shutters like that for our new house (although they'll be inside). Do you think our new home will look like Ken's shack? ROFL 2

See the influence Gatchaman is having on you...

I thought for a second there you were going to say you started looking at trailers to live in...and then you decided to by an airfield instead so your Eagle had a place to park his Cessna...

No new posts 20-03-2009 23:45 Ebonyswanne is offline Send an Email to Ebonyswanne Search for Posts by Ebonyswanne Add Ebonyswanne to your Buddy List
Barrdwing Barrdwing is a Female
Exalted Member

I am a Zark.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 11-08-2008

spacer

All right, finally a minute free to type!

Some More Fun Things to Do Around Center Neptune

Spread rumors that due to funding cuts, the cafeteria is now substituting Spam for all pork products.

Steal one of those little dishes of pudding from the cafeteria. Prop it upside-down on some bricks. See how many days--or weeks, or months--it takes to fall out of the dish.

Put a whoopee cushion on one of the chairs on the Phoenix's bridge.

Glue a dead spider to a small piece of glass. Tape it in front of the lens of one of the intermittent-sweep Security cameras.

Post "LOST" notices in the lounges and cafeteria with a picture of an amoeba.

Start a hallway basketball league.

Jam a tape of "H.R. Puf'n'stuff" in one of the lounge viewers.

When someone asks about the above, tell them you think it's a briefing tape and doesn't Witchy-Poo look like Zoltar? If they buy it up to the point where the broom falls out of the sky, give yourself extra points.

Send G2 an anonymous award for "Most Inventive Use of Feathers."

Hang an air freshener in the G-4.

Start an Irish dance club. Move the rehearsal site around as much as possible: next to the cafeteria, above Chief Anderson's office, in the Phoenix's drydock . . . .

Teach yourself how to play the bagpipes.

After you think you've mastered the bagpipes, start wearing a kilt and sporran when off-duty. Make up your own plaid design.

Stencil a box with CAUTION: SCORPIONS, LIVE, AUSTRALIAN and leave it open on the floor of the locker room.

Carry a mouth harp in your pocket and practice it during slow moments.

Tell people your department's new defense project involves crossing jumping cholla cactus with poison oak.

Try the old burning-bag-of-compost trick in front of someone's door. Who knows? This is an undersea base full of science types. It might actually work.

Make up holidays. "Hey, everyone, it's Sanitation Appreciation Day!"

Buy a large hairy fake spider and perch it on your computer monitor. If anyone asks, his name is Boris. At Christmas, tie a fancy bow and a little bell to one of his legs. Give him a little green hat on St. Patrick's Day, and a cotton ball at Easter (he's babysitting).

Keep a Tagalog-to-Swahili dictionary at your desk. If anyone asks, it's to help you with your work manuals.

Leave a pile of empty cans balanced at the top of a stairwell, then remove the nearest light bulb. Put a sign outside reading QUIET PLEASE: RECORDING SESSION NEARBY.

If your field is mathematics or physics, put together a dissertation with lots of incomprehensible formulae "proving" that the latest Spectran ship cannot possibly fly (or travel in space, underground, underwater, etc.). Start a loud-voiced discussion somewhere public with someone whom you can count on to disagree violently with whatever you say.

Write a theme song for Spectra and hum it loudly during attacks.

Compose an anonymous love letter to Zoltar and leave it on someone else's desk.

Become a public, vocal fan of Star Trek, Battlestar Galactica, Buck Rogers in the 25th Century, Lost in Space, and Star Wars. Work elements of these into conversations at every opportunity.

Tuck your shirt into your underpants so that the waistband hangs out. See how long it takes for someone to actually tell you. Fix it, then unfix it when they're not looking.

No new posts 21-03-2009 03:10 Barrdwing is offline Send an Email to Barrdwing Search for Posts by Barrdwing Add Barrdwing to your Buddy List

I am a Swan.

40 fics uploaded

spacer

Let's see.... working on theme song for Spectra... Band

No new posts 21-03-2009 15:25 Transmute Jun is offline Send an Email to Transmute Jun Homepage of Transmute Jun Search for Posts by Transmute Jun Add Transmute Jun to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

I am an Owl.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

Like you have time for that TJ, with everything else you have going on in your life. Evil3

But when it is done let me know so I can hear it.... Biglaugh3

No new posts 21-03-2009 15:49 clouddancer is offline Send an Email to clouddancer Search for Posts by clouddancer Add clouddancer to your Buddy List

I am a Swan.

40 fics uploaded

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by clouddancer
Like you have time for that TJ, with everything else you have going on in your life. Evil3

But when it is done let me know so I can hear it.... Biglaugh3

Here it is!

Spectra's Theme

This post has been edited 2 time(s), it was last edited by Transmute Jun on 21-03-2009 at 19:41.
No new posts 21-03-2009 19:40 Transmute Jun is offline Send an Email to Transmute Jun Homepage of Transmute Jun Search for Posts by Transmute Jun Add Transmute Jun to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

I am a Swan.

23 fics uploaded

spacer

TJ....thats so fitting..

No new posts 22-03-2009 08:39 Ebonyswanne is offline Send an Email to Ebonyswanne Search for Posts by Ebonyswanne Add Ebonyswanne to your Buddy List
gatchgirl
Babbling Loonie

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 08-03-2006

spacer

Yeah, thanks, now I'll be humming or singing it all day long! Evil1 Uh1 Laugh

Racer by day, Feather Thrower all the time!

No new posts 23-03-2009 19:33 gatchgirl is offline Send an Email to gatchgirl Search for Posts by gatchgirl Add gatchgirl to your Buddy List
« previous  1  2  [3]  --> Members browsing this thread: none Pages (3): « previous  1  2  [3] 
Post New Thread Post Reply
Rate Thread: 

very bad very bad 

very good very good 

Go to: