Gatchamania.net
Register Memberlist Staff Search FAQ Arcade Calendar Gallery Filebase Forums Home  

Gatchamania.net »[Speak Up!] »General Discussion » Random episode reviews
Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (2): [1]  2  next »  Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Random episode reviews
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Condorfan Condorfan is a Female
Master Boardie

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 01-09-2006

spacer
Random episode reviews Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

I'm getting near the end of watching Gatch and found myself wondering "Gosh, it would be great to discuss some episodes with everyone at Gatchamania!" So I am proposing that perhaps one or two episodes that interest people we could discuss every week here. It can be an episode you love or just love to hate. What does everyone think about that idea? Eagle Condor Swan Swallow Hootie

No new posts 11-03-2009 17:20 Condorfan is offline Send an Email to Condorfan Search for Posts by Condorfan Add Condorfan to your Buddy List AIM Screenname: Fallonminx
Transmute Jun Transmute Jun is a Female
Queen of the Bird Missiles

I am a Swan.

40 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 04-04-2007

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

Condorfan, that's a great idea! I only have 2 or 3 more ideas of 'Honoree of the Week' so I think 'Episode of the Week' would be a really good idea to continue it! Bowdown

No new posts 11-03-2009 18:13 Transmute Jun is offline Send an Email to Transmute Jun Homepage of Transmute Jun Search for Posts by Transmute Jun Add Transmute Jun to your Buddy List
Ebonyswanne Ebonyswanne is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Swan.

23 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 25-04-2007

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

Sounds like a plan! Good thinking Condorfan.

No new posts 11-03-2009 20:48 Ebonyswanne is offline Send an Email to Ebonyswanne Search for Posts by Ebonyswanne Add Ebonyswanne to your Buddy List
clouddancer clouddancer is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am an Owl.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 10-04-2007

spacer

I like the idea, I only wonder how we are going to decide which eps. to discuss each week, but I will leave that for better minds to decide.

No new posts 11-03-2009 21:32 clouddancer is offline Send an Email to clouddancer Search for Posts by clouddancer Add clouddancer to your Buddy List
shamrokchick shamrokchick is a Female
Forum Legend

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 02-08-2008

spacer

I like your idea Condorfan! I'm not sure how to decide either.

No new posts 12-03-2009 01:23 shamrokchick is offline Send an Email to shamrokchick Search for Posts by shamrokchick Add shamrokchick to your Buddy List AIM Screenname: shamrokchick
Springie Springie is a Female
Her Royal Fluffiness...Swan of Swans...

I am a Swan.

6 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 12-06-2006

spacer

Fabulous idea!! I guess we could start at ep #1 and work our way through?

There is no problem that cannot be solved with time, patience, and a judicious amount of high explosives.

No new posts 12-03-2009 01:27 Springie is offline Send an Email to Springie Homepage of Springie Search for Posts by Springie Add Springie to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: Springie MSN Screenname: Springie
Gatchamaniac

I am an Owl.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

If we tried that, it would go on for about two years at 105 eps. Or if you combined the double eps 103 weeks. (If my math is correct that is one week short of 2 years.) If you were planning on working through the eps in order I might decide to do say 3-5 eps. a week, maybe even as many as 10. (How many eps. on one of the DVD'S? my brain has turned to mush.)

In other words, week one - take the first 10 eps and discuss which one was your favourite or what your favourite thing was you saw. Or ask a question about one of those eps.

Just a suggestion to move through the process faster. *shrug*

No new posts 12-03-2009 01:52 clouddancer is offline Send an Email to clouddancer Search for Posts by clouddancer Add clouddancer to your Buddy List

I am a Swan.

40 fics uploaded

spacer

Do we need to make the process faster? I think it's a great idea! And then we can add on Gatch II and F. That's 4 years worth of 'episodes of the week'! I think it will be a great resource. Maybe Cep could even set up a forum for it, so we'd all have that information available and handy when we need it!

No new posts 12-03-2009 02:37 Transmute Jun is offline Send an Email to Transmute Jun Homepage of Transmute Jun Search for Posts by Transmute Jun Add Transmute Jun to your Buddy List
Master Boardie

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

We could do 2 to 4 each week but I don't want people to be in a rush about it. If people want to take more time discussing a particular episode than another by all means we should do so. I agree the same should be done for Gatch II and Gatch F but unfortunately I have only seen some episodes from those series. (Agggh-I'd wish they would put those out with English subtitles!) Cross

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Condorfan on 12-03-2009 at 16:16.
No new posts 12-03-2009 03:07 Condorfan is offline Send an Email to Condorfan Search for Posts by Condorfan Add Condorfan to your Buddy List AIM Screenname: Fallonminx
lborgia88 lborgia88 is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 27-06-2007

spacer

I'd certainly welcome an excuse to rewatch an episode or two each week, although I think it's safe to say that some would generate more discussion than others!

No new posts 12-03-2009 03:22 lborgia88 is offline Send an Email to lborgia88 Search for Posts by lborgia88 Add lborgia88 to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: lborgia88
Gatchamaniac

I am a Swan.

23 fics uploaded

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by Transmute Jun
Do we need to make the process faster? I think it's a great idea! And then we can add on Gatch II and F. That's 4 years worth of 'episodes of the week'! I think it will be a great resource. Maybe Cep could even set up a forum for it, so we'd all have that information available and handy when we need it!

Well it is a site dedicated mainly to Gachaman and its incarnations. So who cares how long it goes on for with the ep reviews. Then we have all the BOTP to get through.... Smile

Hugs CD I'm impressed with your maths skills!

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Ebonyswanne on 12-03-2009 at 03:28.
No new posts 12-03-2009 03:28 Ebonyswanne is offline Send an Email to Ebonyswanne Search for Posts by Ebonyswanne Add Ebonyswanne to your Buddy List

I am a Swan.

40 fics uploaded

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by Ebonyswanne
Well it is a site dedicated mainly to Gachaman and its incarnations. So who cares how long it goes on for with the ep reviews. Then we have all the BOTP to get through.... Smile

Actually, I was thinking that we should discuss the BOTP/G-Force versions of the eps at the same time as the Gatchaman eps!

No new posts 12-03-2009 13:05 Transmute Jun is offline Send an Email to Transmute Jun Homepage of Transmute Jun Search for Posts by Transmute Jun Add Transmute Jun to your Buddy List
shamrokchick shamrokchick is a Female
Forum Legend

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 02-08-2008

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by Transmute Jun
quote:
Originally posted by Ebonyswanne

Actually, I was thinking that we should discuss the BOTP/G-Force versions of the eps at the same time as the Gatchaman eps!

I like the idea of compare and contrast. There's 6 episodes on a Gatch DVD, but then again some of the discs have more significant episodes than the others. Shrug I won't be disappointed any way that gets chosen. cinema

No new posts 12-03-2009 14:10 shamrokchick is offline Send an Email to shamrokchick Search for Posts by shamrokchick Add shamrokchick to your Buddy List AIM Screenname: shamrokchick
Gatchamaniac

I am an Owl.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

I like the idea of comparing the other versions with Gatch that would include ER, BOTP and G-Force.

My only thought about time line was (I can't) no one can guarantee they will be around in a few years time to continue this process and I would love to see the discussion around the ending eps.

No new posts 12-03-2009 16:34 clouddancer is offline Send an Email to clouddancer Search for Posts by clouddancer Add clouddancer to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

I am a Swan.

23 fics uploaded

spacer

Its another great fun way to learn more about cannon. Sometimes I think I know it and then at other times I think "I have so much to learn!" Its the details that get lost in the bigger picture.

We'll find a way to compare Gatch II and Fighter eps with ER. That should be interesting too.

No new posts 12-03-2009 22:02 Ebonyswanne is offline Send an Email to Ebonyswanne Search for Posts by Ebonyswanne Add Ebonyswanne to your Buddy List
Master Boardie

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by clouddancer
My only thought about time line was (I can't) no one can guarantee they will be around in a few years time to continue this process and I would love to see the discussion around the ending eps.

Don't say that CD! It makes me sad.Sniffle

I still think people nominating what episodes should be reviewed first is a good idea. That way everyone can have discussion of their favorites in a timely manner.

No new posts 13-03-2009 01:12 Condorfan is offline Send an Email to Condorfan Search for Posts by Condorfan Add Condorfan to your Buddy List AIM Screenname: Fallonminx
Hinotori Hinotori is a Female
Babbling Loonie

I am an Eagle.

2 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 09-10-2007

spacer

Ooh! Fabulous idea!! Just let me know which way we're going with this (each ep, or a compare/contrast). Hey, since there's no necessary timeline for this, why not do both?? Ok, maybe that would take too long each week! But I'm with LB - I'm game for anything that will make me sit down and watch eps!

I kinda like the idea of discussing them in series order, just because then we (ok, I!) will know which eps are coming up and I can watch them beforehand.

But whatever everyone decides is fine with me! Big Grin

Eagle Condor Swan Swallow Hootie

No new posts 14-03-2009 13:48 Hinotori is offline Send an Email to Hinotori Search for Posts by Hinotori Add Hinotori to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: Hinotori72
gogirl212 gogirl212 is a Female
Master Boardie

I am a Swan.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 03-07-2008

spacer

i love this idea. I think going in order and doing some compare/contrast is helpful because, as Hino said, by knowing what was coming up, I would have the chance to plan time to watch the eps.

It was only a few months ago that I ifnally completed watching the full Gatch cycle - and some of II and F - and I have so many mix-ups in my mind between that and what I remember of BotP - working through them is just what I need.

No new posts 15-03-2009 19:24 gogirl212 is offline Send an Email to gogirl212 Search for Posts by gogirl212 Add gogirl212 to your Buddy List AIM Screenname: terrihasacat

I am a Swan.

40 fics uploaded

spacer

I have 3 more weeks left of 'Honorees of the Week' ideas, so what do you guys think of starting 'Episode of the Week' after that?

No new posts 15-03-2009 21:16 Transmute Jun is offline Send an Email to Transmute Jun Homepage of Transmute Jun Search for Posts by Transmute Jun Add Transmute Jun to your Buddy List
Springie Springie is a Female
Her Royal Fluffiness...Swan of Swans...

I am a Swan.

6 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 12-06-2006

spacer

Sounds great! I'll add in my fan page with each one!

There is no problem that cannot be solved with time, patience, and a judicious amount of high explosives.

No new posts 15-03-2009 21:29 Springie is offline Send an Email to Springie Homepage of Springie Search for Posts by Springie Add Springie to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: Springie MSN Screenname: Springie
[1]  2  next »  --> Members browsing this thread: none Pages (2): [1]  2  next » 
Post New Thread Post Reply
Rate Thread: 

very bad very bad 

very good very good 

Go to: