Gatchamania.net
Register Memberlist Staff Search FAQ Arcade Calendar Gallery Filebase Forums Home  

Gatchamania.net »[Speak Up!] »General Discussion » ACK!! NOT G Force!!
Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page ACK!! NOT G Force!!
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Springie Springie is a Female
Her Royal Fluffiness...Swan of Swans...

I am a Swan.

6 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 12-06-2006

spacer
ACK!! NOT G Force!! Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

I just stumbled upon the trailer for the Disney G Force movie...and there are a few comments saying...WHAT? This isn't Gatchaman! thumbsup2 People are disappointed...heh. That'll teach 'em to mess with the real G Force!

Here's the trailer...

Guinea Pig Trailer

There is no problem that cannot be solved with time, patience, and a judicious amount of high explosives.

No new posts 10-03-2009 21:58 Springie is offline Send an Email to Springie Homepage of Springie Search for Posts by Springie Add Springie to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: Springie MSN Screenname: Springie
lborgia88 lborgia88 is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 27-06-2007

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

That'll teach movie studios not to call a movie about rodents "G-Force"! Still, it's encouraging that some people were clearly hoping it was the Gatchaman trailer -shows there's interest out there.

No new posts 10-03-2009 22:06 lborgia88 is offline Send an Email to lborgia88 Search for Posts by lborgia88 Add lborgia88 to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: lborgia88
Ebonyswanne Ebonyswanne is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Swan.

23 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 25-04-2007

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

Oh boy... they took the team turned them into rats. I don't know how they're getting away with calling it G-Force since it so close to 'Gatchaman' in name...

I can just see the Condor sizing them up with steely grey eyes and pulling out a few feather shuriken. "This auta take care of the rat problem,"

No new posts 10-03-2009 22:07 Ebonyswanne is offline Send an Email to Ebonyswanne Search for Posts by Ebonyswanne Add Ebonyswanne to your Buddy List
Transmute Jun Transmute Jun is a Female
Queen of the Bird Missiles

I am a Swan.

40 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 04-04-2007

spacer

Ewwwww...... I don't think I can bear to watch....

No new posts 10-03-2009 22:23 Transmute Jun is offline Send an Email to Transmute Jun Homepage of Transmute Jun Search for Posts by Transmute Jun Add Transmute Jun to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

I am a Swan.

23 fics uploaded

spacer

I had enough trouble with the trailer...it just felt all kinds wrong G-Force being 'intelligent' rodents.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Ebonyswanne on 10-03-2009 at 22:44.
No new posts 10-03-2009 22:43 Ebonyswanne is offline Send an Email to Ebonyswanne Search for Posts by Ebonyswanne Add Ebonyswanne to your Buddy List
Metaliant Metaliant is a Male
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 06-06-2005

spacer

Isn't G Force a copyright name?

No new posts 11-03-2009 05:10 Metaliant is offline Send an Email to Metaliant Homepage of Metaliant Search for Posts by Metaliant Add Metaliant to your Buddy List MSN Screenname: The Legend
Cain Highwind Cain Highwind is a Male
Exalted Member

I am a Swallow.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 13-11-2008

spacer

I remember hearing about this movie thinking it was silly. This was the first time I saw the trailer and DAMN, it looks as bad as The Country Bears.

No new posts 11-03-2009 05:18 Cain Highwind is offline Send an Email to Cain Highwind Search for Posts by Cain Highwind Add Cain Highwind to your Buddy List AIM Screenname: Cain Sakazaki YIM Screenname: mog1138 MSN Screenname: mog1138@yahoo.com
shamrokchick shamrokchick is a Female
Forum Legend

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 02-08-2008

spacer

*groans*

No new posts 11-03-2009 14:50 shamrokchick is offline Send an Email to shamrokchick Search for Posts by shamrokchick Add shamrokchick to your Buddy List AIM Screenname: shamrokchick
Condorfan Condorfan is a Female
Master Boardie

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 01-09-2006

spacer

I saw a bit of this when I passing the Disney Store. I just kept on walking...ugh.

No new posts 11-03-2009 17:01 Condorfan is offline Send an Email to Condorfan Search for Posts by Condorfan Add Condorfan to your Buddy List AIM Screenname: Fallonminx
gatchgirl
Babbling Loonie

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 08-03-2006

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by Metaliant
Isn't G Force a copyright name?

Met, I could be wrong, but I think Disney owns most of the Gatch rights. At least ER and possibly G-Force. So if that the case, they own the rights to the name, don't they???

GG turns towards James (or anyone else) that can verify what she typed.

Racer by day, Feather Thrower all the time!

No new posts 11-03-2009 21:03 gatchgirl is offline Send an Email to gatchgirl Search for Posts by gatchgirl Add gatchgirl to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

Wasn't G Force also used in BOTP? I wasn't too sure about it but thought I ask.

No new posts 11-03-2009 21:13 Metaliant is offline Send an Email to Metaliant Homepage of Metaliant Search for Posts by Metaliant Add Metaliant to your Buddy List MSN Screenname: The Legend
clouddancer clouddancer is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am an Owl.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 10-04-2007

spacer

Yes in BOTP the team yells out G-Force when ever they are dismissed to go on a mission by Anderson.

No new posts 11-03-2009 21:37 clouddancer is offline Send an Email to clouddancer Search for Posts by clouddancer Add clouddancer to your Buddy List
Forum Legend

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

This is from the U.S. Copyright Office:

Names, titles, and short phrases or expressions are not subject to copyright protection. Even if a name, title, or short phrase is novel or distinctive or if it lends itself to a play on words, it cannot be protected by copyright. The Copyright Office cannot register claims to exclusive rights in brief combinations of words such as:

* Names of products or services
* Names of businesses, organizations, or groups (including the name of a group of performers)
* Names of pseudonyms of individuals (including pen name or stage name)
* Titles of works
* Catchwords, catchphrases, mottoes, slogans, or short advertising expressions
* Mere listings of ingredients, as in recipes, labels, or formulas. When a recipe or formula is accompanied by explanation or directions, the text directions may be copyrightable, but the recipe or formula itself remains uncopyrightable.

Subject Matter of Copyright

Copyright protection under the copyright code (title 17, section 102, U.S. Code) extends only to original works of authorship. The statute states clearly that ideas and concepts cannot be protected by copyright. To be protected by copyright, a work must contain at least a certain minimum amount of authorship in the form of original literary, musical, pictorial, or graphic expression. Names, titles, and other short phrases do not meet these requirements.

Protection under Trademark or Unfair Competition Laws

Some brand names, trade names, slogans, and phrases may be entitled to protection under the general rules of law relating to unfair competition, or they may be entitled to protection and registration under the provisions of state or federal trademark laws. The federal trademark statute covers trademarks and service marksthose words, phrases, symbols, or designs that identify the source of the goods or services of one party and distinguish them from those of others. The Copyright Office has no role in these matters.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by shamrokchick on 12-03-2009 at 01:26.
No new posts 12-03-2009 01:20 shamrokchick is offline Send an Email to shamrokchick Search for Posts by shamrokchick Add shamrokchick to your Buddy List AIM Screenname: shamrokchick
Gatchamaniac

I am an Owl.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

There is also the fact that G-Force does not JUST stand for an incarnation of our favourite Gatch show, but g-force is also something pilots (and I presume astronauts) experience in flight, it refers to the forces a body feels when it is being accelerated.

So the makers of this new film can claim they knew nothing about the show we know and were basing the title on acceleration forces.

No new posts 12-03-2009 02:02 clouddancer is offline Send an Email to clouddancer Search for Posts by clouddancer Add clouddancer to your Buddy List
trideegurl2 trideegurl2 is a Female
Honoured Member

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 25-04-2008

spacer

copyrigths or no copyrights, its Disney people! since when did they EVER fairly do copyright stuff......

if it was copyrighted, it would surprise me if Disney used it.... since they are so freakin crazy about their copyrights....

I'm surpirsed we can even say Disney on this thread without getting in trouble... LOL

In a way im glad, I wouldnt want disney destroying Gatchaman....

Car

No new posts 12-03-2009 03:10 trideegurl2 is offline Send an Email to trideegurl2 Search for Posts by trideegurl2 Add trideegurl2 to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

I am a Swan.

23 fics uploaded

spacer

Me either....especially transforming the team into rodents, how low can they go...

No new posts 12-03-2009 10:09 Ebonyswanne is offline Send an Email to Ebonyswanne Search for Posts by Ebonyswanne Add Ebonyswanne to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

Thanks to Shamrockchcik and CD but now the question is why on earth are the rodents called G Force. The only thing that I can think of is Gerbil Force.

No new posts 12-03-2009 13:28 Metaliant is offline Send an Email to Metaliant Homepage of Metaliant Search for Posts by Metaliant Add Metaliant to your Buddy List MSN Screenname: The Legend
Forum Legend

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by Metaliant
Thanks to Shamrockchcik and CD but now the question is why on earth are the rodents called G Force. The only thing that I can think of is Gerbil Force.

ROFL 2

No new posts 12-03-2009 14:04 shamrokchick is offline Send an Email to shamrokchick Search for Posts by shamrokchick Add shamrokchick to your Buddy List AIM Screenname: shamrokchick
tatsunokofan tatsunokofan is a Male
Gatch Guru

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 03-12-2006

spacer

Hi all!

quote:
The only thing that I can think of is Gerbil Force.

Actually, that would be "G" as in "Guinea Pig," which is what most of the hero animal characters are.

quote:
Met, I could be wrong, but I think Disney owns most of the Gatch rights. At least ER and possibly G-Force. So if that the case, they own the rights to the name, don't they???

Not with "G-Force." The rights for "Battle of the Planets" and "G-Force" are held by Sandy Frank. All Disney has are the rights for the "Eagle Riders" names, characters, and audio tracks.

quote:
There is also the fact that G-Force does not JUST stand for an incarnation of our favourite Gatch show

Which is exactly what has happened here. the term "G-Force" is in too wide a usage for any company to claim all rights to it. If Disney/Bruckheimer tried to do a Gatchaman-esque story with that name, then there would be grounds for a legal claim by Sandy Frank. But by making this film so totally unrelated to that, there's no real grounds upon which a claim could be based (At least no claim that has a prayer of being won).

Honestly, I don't see any point in getting worked up over this. The movie will likely come and go and be forgotten as quickly as such classics as "Fly Me to the Moon" and "Space Chimps" did last year and have no lasting impact on the G-Force we're familiar with.

James

No new posts 12-03-2009 16:22 tatsunokofan is offline Send an Email to tatsunokofan Search for Posts by tatsunokofan Add tatsunokofan to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

I am an Owl.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

Only they are not gerbils- are they?
Aren't they Gineapigs or hampsters, with a fly as well.

No new posts 12-03-2009 16:23 clouddancer is offline Send an Email to clouddancer Search for Posts by clouddancer Add clouddancer to your Buddy List
Members browsing this thread: none
Post New Thread Post Reply
Rate Thread: 

very bad very bad 

very good very good 

Go to: