Gatchamania.net
Register Memberlist Staff Search FAQ Arcade Calendar Gallery Filebase Forums Home  

Gatchamania.net »[Speak Up!] »General Discussion » Even the poor Swallow gets some loving...
Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (2): [1]  2  next »  Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Even the poor Swallow gets some loving...
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Transmute Jun Transmute Jun is a Female
Queen of the Bird Missiles

I am a Swan.

40 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 04-04-2007

spacer
Even the poor Swallow gets some loving... Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

Yes, even the Swallow has love interests, and it's his week!

I think we all remember Jinpei's love, Maria.... not to mention her nude shower scene! Eek1 Springie was kind enough to provide some screenshots for me.

Jinpei actually combs his hair.... for a girl!

Jinpei dreams about Maria:

Jinpei also formed a close friendship with a young girl in the otherwise painful-to-watch 'pyramid power' episode of Gatch II. Her name was Yukari, and in Heroes del Espacio, they added scenes of the two kids in a Peter-Pan-esque sequence. (James, can you post those pics again please?)

And of course, like every single other male member of the Science Ninja Team, Jinpei was very taken by Dr. Pandora when she first appeared. Here is his reaction as he first meets her and tries to interest her in a 'younger man'.

I won't even get into the various animals Jinpei has fallen in love with... from Nambu the whale (oh wait, that was BOTP) and the puma in Gatch II that nearly made him quit the team, to the beetle that ate him, we all know that the Swallow is a sucker for animals. If anyone would like to submit pictures for the animal gallery, this is the time to jump in!

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Transmute Jun on 02-03-2009 at 18:14.
No new posts 02-03-2009 18:13 Transmute Jun is offline Send an Email to Transmute Jun Homepage of Transmute Jun Search for Posts by Transmute Jun Add Transmute Jun to your Buddy List
amyltrer amyltrer is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am an Egoblosser.

4 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 02-12-2006

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

Well, as long as Maria doesn't join Gallactor, kid should have a longer love life than Joe!

No new posts 02-03-2009 18:19 amyltrer is offline Send an Email to amyltrer Search for Posts by amyltrer Add amyltrer to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: amyltrer MSN Screenname: amyltrer@hotmail.com
shamrokchick shamrokchick is a Female
Forum Legend

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 02-08-2008

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

I can't remember the epidode number, but would the lady who pretended to be his mama count?

No new posts 02-03-2009 18:21 shamrokchick is offline Send an Email to shamrokchick Search for Posts by shamrokchick Add shamrokchick to your Buddy List AIM Screenname: shamrokchick
amyltrer amyltrer is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am an Egoblosser.

4 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 02-12-2006

spacer

In gatch 1?

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by amyltrer on 02-03-2009 at 18:24.
No new posts 02-03-2009 18:23 amyltrer is offline Send an Email to amyltrer Search for Posts by amyltrer Add amyltrer to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: amyltrer MSN Screenname: amyltrer@hotmail.com

I am a Swan.

40 fics uploaded

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by shamrokchick
I can't remember the epidode number, but would the lady who pretended to be his mama count?

Good point! I remember that one.. she was really attached to him! And her son sure did look like the Swallow!

No new posts 02-03-2009 19:04 Transmute Jun is offline Send an Email to Transmute Jun Homepage of Transmute Jun Search for Posts by Transmute Jun Add Transmute Jun to your Buddy List
Ebonyswanne Ebonyswanne is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Swan.

23 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 25-04-2007

spacer

I felt sorry for the Swallow after he had to leave Maria....awe...

I figured it would be nice if they met up again when he was all grown up and the war was over.

No new posts 02-03-2009 21:33 Ebonyswanne is offline Send an Email to Ebonyswanne Search for Posts by Ebonyswanne Add Ebonyswanne to your Buddy List
lborgia88 lborgia88 is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 27-06-2007

spacer
RE: Even the poor Swallow gets some loving... Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Transmute Jun

Jinpei also formed a close friendship with a young girl in the otherwise painful-to-watch 'pyramid power' episode of Gatch II. Her name was Yukari, and in Heroes del Espacio, they added scenes of the two kids in a Peter-Pan-esque sequence. (James, can you post those pics again please?)

She was one annoying kid, that Yukari. You can do better, Jinpei!

Here's a couple pics of the woman who, for one episode, acted as Jinpei's "mother."

I thought it was funny her son was named "Jinbay" instead of "Jinpei" -quite the coincidence.

No new posts 02-03-2009 21:53 lborgia88 is offline Send an Email to lborgia88 Search for Posts by lborgia88 Add lborgia88 to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: lborgia88
Reboekah
Master Boardie

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 12-03-2005

spacer

Okay -
So - technically - I don't think either of these two lovely little ladies from Gatchaman Fighter qualiify as a love interest for the Swallow - but his heart shines through!

From episode 17 and
From episode 38

No new posts 02-03-2009 23:34 Reboekah is offline Send an Email to Reboekah Homepage of Reboekah Search for Posts by Reboekah Add Reboekah to your Buddy List
gatchgirl
Babbling Loonie

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 08-03-2006

spacer

These are some great screencaps/ thanks everyone.

Racer by day, Feather Thrower all the time!

No new posts 03-03-2009 00:07 gatchgirl is offline Send an Email to gatchgirl Search for Posts by gatchgirl Add gatchgirl to your Buddy List
Forum Legend

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

spacer
RE: Even the poor Swallow gets some loving... Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by lborgia88
quote:
Originally posted by Transmute Jun

She was one annoying kid, that Yukari. You can do better, Jinpei!

Here's a couple pics of the woman who, for one episode, acted as Jinpei's "mother."

I thought it was funny her son was named "Jinbay" instead of "Jinpei" -quite the coincidence.

Ahh thanks for the screen shots! That's what I was thinking of.

No new posts 03-03-2009 02:02 shamrokchick is offline Send an Email to shamrokchick Search for Posts by shamrokchick Add shamrokchick to your Buddy List AIM Screenname: shamrokchick
Forum Legend

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by Ebonyswanne
I felt sorry for the Swallow after he had to leave Maria....awe...

I figured it would be nice if they met up again when he was all grown up and the war was over.

Sounds like a fic Wink

No new posts 03-03-2009 02:03 shamrokchick is offline Send an Email to shamrokchick Search for Posts by shamrokchick Add shamrokchick to your Buddy List AIM Screenname: shamrokchick

I am a Swan.

40 fics uploaded

spacer

Thanks for the Fighter pics, Reboekah! Who were these girls?

No new posts 03-03-2009 02:23 Transmute Jun is offline Send an Email to Transmute Jun Homepage of Transmute Jun Search for Posts by Transmute Jun Add Transmute Jun to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by Reboekah
Okay -
So - technically - I don't think either of these two lovely little ladies from Gatchaman Fighter qualiify as a love interest for the Swallow - but his heart shines through!

Aww, Jinpei and the girl in the second picture seem to have a rapport -the way they're looking at each other is kind of sweet.

No new posts 03-03-2009 04:33 lborgia88 is offline Send an Email to lborgia88 Search for Posts by lborgia88 Add lborgia88 to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: lborgia88
Ebonyswanne Ebonyswanne is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Swan.

23 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 25-04-2007

spacer

He was growing into a young teenager by that time, so I guess a pretty girl would turn the Swallow's head.

No new posts 03-03-2009 23:24 Ebonyswanne is offline Send an Email to Ebonyswanne Search for Posts by Ebonyswanne Add Ebonyswanne to your Buddy List
tatsunokofan tatsunokofan is a Male
Gatch Guru

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 03-12-2006

spacer

Hi all!

quote:
Thanks for the Fighter pics, Reboekah! Who were these girls?

The girl from Gatchaman Fighter #17 was called jusy that, "Girl." She was a girl that Jinpei helped save from Gallactor's poison gas attack by giving her his breathing device (Part of which you see being held by Jinpei in the picture)

The girl in the second picture is Camilla, a girl Jinpei met while the Ninja Team was searching North Iberia for Gallactor's Headquarters. Her family was killed when Gallactor attacked her tribe. Only Camilla and her pet dog, Zack, survived. She helped Jinpei when he was injured fighting Gallactor.

Far more significant than either of those two would be Erica, from Gatchaman Fighter #39.

She lived at the construction site of a new Space Observatory that the I.S.O. was building at the North Pole. The I.S.O. had an observatory there earlier, and her brother had been a scientist there, but he was killed when Gallactor attacked and destroyed the facility (In episode #36 of the series).

Though unseen at that earlier episode, it was apparently during that time that Jinpei was supposed to have met her. He is pretty obviously smitten with her, and is quite eager to see her again. Sadly for Jinpei, Erica is more interested in Ken. When Ryu tries to talk to Jinpei about it, Jinpei brushes him off, explaining that Ryu "couldn't understand a boy's heart."

Nothing really comes of this subplot, as it it overshadowed by the other events of the episode involving Egobossler and his brother, though Erica does use her dog sled team to help Nambu and Kamo escape Gallactor's attack. At the end of the episode, she gives Ken a dagger owned by her brother as a keepsake, and Jinpei's hurt feelings are never mentioned again.

James

This post has been edited 2 time(s), it was last edited by tatsunokofan on 04-03-2009 at 02:23.
No new posts 04-03-2009 01:18 tatsunokofan is offline Send an Email to tatsunokofan Search for Posts by tatsunokofan Add tatsunokofan to your Buddy List

I am a Swan.

40 fics uploaded

spacer

Thanks for the information, James!

quote:
Originally posted by tatsunokofan
Only Camilla and her pet dog, Zack, survived. She helped Jinpei when he was injured fighting Gallactor.

For a split second there, I thought you said *Zark* !!!! Scared

No new posts 04-03-2009 01:39 Transmute Jun is offline Send an Email to Transmute Jun Homepage of Transmute Jun Search for Posts by Transmute Jun Add Transmute Jun to your Buddy List
Reboekah
Master Boardie

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 12-03-2005

spacer

Thanks Tatsunokofan!

I knew I could count on you to fill in the gaps in my knowledge. Pictures, yes - those I have... but the memory that goes with the pictures is a bit lacking at times...

No new posts 04-03-2009 02:31 Reboekah is offline Send an Email to Reboekah Homepage of Reboekah Search for Posts by Reboekah Add Reboekah to your Buddy List
tatsunokofan tatsunokofan is a Male
Gatch Guru

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 03-12-2006

spacer

Hi all!

quote:

Almost missed this. Yeah, here they are.

Enjoy them, if you can...

James

No new posts 04-03-2009 02:44 tatsunokofan is offline Send an Email to tatsunokofan Search for Posts by tatsunokofan Add tatsunokofan to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

quote:
Though unseen at that earlier episode, it was apparently during that time that Jinpei was supposed to have met her. He is pretty obviously smitten with her, and is quite eager to see her again. Sadly for Jinpei, Erica is more interested in Ken. When Ryu tries to talk to Jinpei about it, Jinpei brushes him off, explaining that Ryu "couldn't understand a boy's heart."

At the end of the episode, she gives Ken a dagger owned by her brother as a keepsake, and Jinpei's hurt feelings are never mentioned again.

Laugh1 Why am I not surprised?

But poor, poor Jinpei! Huggles

No new posts 04-03-2009 04:27 lborgia88 is offline Send an Email to lborgia88 Search for Posts by lborgia88 Add lborgia88 to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: lborgia88

I am a Swan.

40 fics uploaded

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by lborgia88
quote:

At the end of the episode, she gives Ken a dagger owned by her brother as a keepsake, and Jinpei's hurt feelings are never mentioned again.

Laugh1 Why am I not surprised?

But poor, poor Jinpei! Huggles

And to be fair, Ryu would have TOTALLY understood, as in Gatch II Ryu had a crush on Yuka, but she liked Ken.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Transmute Jun on 04-03-2009 at 16:11.
No new posts 04-03-2009 16:10 Transmute Jun is offline Send an Email to Transmute Jun Homepage of Transmute Jun Search for Posts by Transmute Jun Add Transmute Jun to your Buddy List
[1]  2  next »  --> Members browsing this thread: none Pages (2): [1]  2  next » 
Post New Thread Post Reply
Rate Thread: 

very bad very bad 

very good very good 

Go to: