Gatchamania.net
Register Memberlist Staff Search FAQ Arcade Calendar Gallery Filebase Forums Home  

Gatchamania.net »[Speak Up!] »General Discussion » BOTP, when you were a kid
Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page BOTP, when you were a kid
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Ebonyswanne Ebonyswanne is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Swan.

23 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 25-04-2007

spacer
BOTP, when you were a kid Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

Watching the series and the of course for most of us we didn't see it again until many years later...

Was there any particular scenes that stood out in your mind when you decided to go and look it up again?

You know ones that stick in your mind whenever you thought about "Battle of the planets" And how did you feel when you saw on DVD again many years later.

(I'm sayin BOTP because most people here started out watching it. But if one of the other spin offs or the original was the one you watched as a kid, just refer to it.)

No new posts 02-03-2009 03:31 Ebonyswanne is offline Send an Email to Ebonyswanne Search for Posts by Ebonyswanne Add Ebonyswanne to your Buddy List
shamrokchick shamrokchick is a Female
Forum Legend

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 02-08-2008

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

For me, the episode I remember best was the one with the peacocks... especially the last scene when Jun/Aggie gives Ken/Ace his boomerang back... swoony moment... at least to me.

No new posts 02-03-2009 04:50 shamrokchick is offline Send an Email to shamrokchick Search for Posts by shamrokchick Add shamrokchick to your Buddy List AIM Screenname: shamrokchick
meg meg is a Female
Boardie

I am a Swan.

Registration Date: 06-02-2008

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

For me it was episode 27 - Galactor's Witch Racer - I liked Jasons driving.
39, 40 - the Jigokiller Flowers - Mark crying after Princess, and her calling for Mark when trapped inside the flower.
and nr. 90 - Matager, the Armored Iron Beast. The whole scene in the dark room.

No new posts 02-03-2009 09:05 meg is offline Send an Email to meg Search for Posts by meg Add meg to your Buddy List
lborgia88 lborgia88 is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 27-06-2007

spacer

The BOTP episodes that I have the clearest memories of are the BOTP versions of Galactor's Witch Racer and The Plot to Assassinate Dr. Nambu (Race against Disaster and Galaxy Girls) which (big surprise!) feature a lot of Jason.

My biggest surprise, seeing BOTP again (as some youtube clips in 2006) was Jason's voice (how un-Joelike it sounded) and just how much some episodes got gouged to keep the violence out (for example, Joe's final dramatic showdown with the Devil Star got cut out!)

No new posts 02-03-2009 14:27 lborgia88 is offline Send an Email to lborgia88 Search for Posts by lborgia88 Add lborgia88 to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: lborgia88
Condorfan Condorfan is a Female
Master Boardie

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 01-09-2006

spacer

I can't remember the BOTP episode name but one that stands out for me is the one where Jason started feeling ill and Princess tries to talk to him on that hill. Another was when Jason's dizziness became worse and he had to go back to the Phoenix alone and then had to fire the missile to save his friends.

I really need to see BOTP again! (I can just fast forward through Zark!)

No new posts 02-03-2009 16:24 Condorfan is offline Send an Email to Condorfan Search for Posts by Condorfan Add Condorfan to your Buddy List AIM Screenname: Fallonminx
Transmute Jun Transmute Jun is a Female
Queen of the Bird Missiles

I am a Swan.

40 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 04-04-2007

spacer

I always liked the Jigokillers/Fierce Flowers ep, but as a kid my favorite was the one where Princess lost her shoe. I think it's called Museum of Mystery in BOTP, and it's Secret of the Birdstyles in Gatch.

No new posts 02-03-2009 18:06 Transmute Jun is offline Send an Email to Transmute Jun Homepage of Transmute Jun Search for Posts by Transmute Jun Add Transmute Jun to your Buddy List
Condorfan Condorfan is a Female
Master Boardie

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 01-09-2006

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by lborgia88
The BOTP episodes that I have the clearest memories of are the BOTP versions of Galactor's Witch Racer and The Plot to Assassinate Dr. Nambu (Race against Disaster and Galaxy Girls) which (big surprise!) feature a lot of Jason.

My biggest surprise, seeing BOTP again (as some youtube clips in 2006) was Jason's voice (how un-Joelike it sounded) and just how much some episodes got gouged to keep the violence out (for example, Joe's final dramatic showdown with the Devil Star got cut out!)

That's what I always found frustrating about BOTP--the episodes sometimes didn't seem to flow and when the action was getting good they would cut away to something else! (usually Zark)

No new posts 03-03-2009 17:27 Condorfan is offline Send an Email to Condorfan Search for Posts by Condorfan Add Condorfan to your Buddy List AIM Screenname: Fallonminx
Ebonyswanne Ebonyswanne is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Swan.

23 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 25-04-2007

spacer

I think I've lost the plot.... I'm sure I posted something else in this thread yesterday relating to the BOTP version of the jiglokillers.....

No new posts 03-03-2009 22:29 Ebonyswanne is offline Send an Email to Ebonyswanne Search for Posts by Ebonyswanne Add Ebonyswanne to your Buddy List
clouddancer clouddancer is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am an Owl.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 10-04-2007

spacer

No Ebony you posted it in another thread. At least you made a Jigokillers post in the Condor thread. Winknudge

No new posts 03-03-2009 23:41 clouddancer is offline Send an Email to clouddancer Search for Posts by clouddancer Add clouddancer to your Buddy List
SJ_SwanJun SJ_SwanJun is a Female
Forum Goddess

I am a Red Squadron.

9 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 26-04-2007

spacer

For me it was definitely the Fierce Flowers. It was the one episode that we little girls just couldn't wait for when BotP went through its reruns.

I also recalled the one where the facility was attacked (I always thought that it was Centre Neptune, but Zark was at CN and ... and how did he not die ... and how?)

Oh ... He probably evacuated. Nice that he forgot to get Mark and Princess out in the process....

It's funny what I remembered and what was actually in the show. I always, always saw Jason as the bad boy. I mean bad as in ... the brat ... the cigarette-smoking, car driving, girl chasing, bad boy the teen girls always seem to follow around.

Turns out he was nothing like that at all!

Princess and Mark: I always remembered them being together ... they were lovers and you wouldn't doubt it for a second.

Turns out there wasn't that much in it, really, and although it is referenced to a couple of times, he really seemed kind of embarrassed by her attentions when she gave it.

I suppose we (us kids at school) really believed more of the games we played at school than what was on the show. And, hell, did we play Battle of the Planets a lot. It was the only game played in the playgrounds... there must have been about five separate G-Force teams in my Grade 1 class alone!

Condorfan: If you can tell me how to burn DVD's, I will send you over the 25th Anniversary collection. There's, like, 20 episodes on it .... I think ...

SJ

Sighhh

Why do men snore when lying on their backs?
Because their balls fall over their butt holes and they vapour lock.

No new posts 04-03-2009 12:31 SJ_SwanJun is offline Send an Email to SJ_SwanJun Search for Posts by SJ_SwanJun Add SJ_SwanJun to your Buddy List
Metaliant Metaliant is a Male
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 06-06-2005

spacer

It's the scene in the first episode that has always stuck in my mind. The one where they first landed in Galactor's first Mech.

No new posts 04-03-2009 19:34 Metaliant is offline Send an Email to Metaliant Homepage of Metaliant Search for Posts by Metaliant Add Metaliant to your Buddy List MSN Screenname: The Legend
gatchgirl
Babbling Loonie

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 08-03-2006

spacer

So many memories of watching those episodes. I know Fierce Flowers stood out in my mind rather well. Also the one where Chronus dies. (I used to hate it if the first part was shown on Tuesday, cause I had to visit my dad on Wednesday and his tv still had bunny ears, with no cable.) UGH!!!

Other then that, I would remember certain things and by the time I got to watch them again, years later, they had been slightly warped by my own stories and play acting.

Racer by day, Feather Thrower all the time!

No new posts 04-03-2009 20:26 gatchgirl is offline Send an Email to gatchgirl Search for Posts by gatchgirl Add gatchgirl to your Buddy List
gatchgirl
Babbling Loonie

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 08-03-2006

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by Condorfan
I can't remember the BOTP episode name but one that stands out for me is the one where Jason started feeling ill and Princess tries to talk to him on that hill. Another was when Jason's dizziness became worse and he had to go back to the Phoenix alone and then had to fire the missile to save his friends.

I really need to see BOTP again! (I can just fast forward through Zark!)

CF, check your PM

Racer by day, Feather Thrower all the time!

No new posts 04-03-2009 20:30 gatchgirl is offline Send an Email to gatchgirl Search for Posts by gatchgirl Add gatchgirl to your Buddy List
Members browsing this thread: none
Post New Thread Post Reply
Rate Thread: 

very bad very bad 

very good very good 

Go to: