Gatchamania.net
Register Memberlist Staff Search FAQ Arcade Calendar Gallery Filebase Forums Home  

Gatchamania.net »[Gatchaman Library] »Gatchaman » Gatchapin
Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (21): « first ...  « previous  4  5  [6]  7  8  next »  ... last »  Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Gatchapin
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
veritas veritas is a Female
Exalted Member

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 20-10-2008

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

I think I'm missing out here. Dont know if its not available to the UK, but I dont get any options to put in the PW. Shame if I cant as theres some top level slacking off I need to attend to.

No new posts 28-01-2009 08:33 veritas is offline Send an Email to veritas Search for Posts by veritas Add veritas to your Buddy List
Transmute Jun Transmute Jun is a Female
Queen of the Bird Missiles

I am a Swan.

40 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 04-04-2007

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by veritas
I think I'm missing out here. Dont know if its not available to the UK, but I dont get any options to put in the PW. Shame if I cant as theres some top level slacking off I need to attend to.

Veritas, you have to click on the ep as if you were going to play it. (i.e. click on the red box, and then the little triangle). THEN the password box should show up. Then you go through that 'play' process again. A new window will pop up with the video playing.

No new posts 28-01-2009 14:34 Transmute Jun is offline Send an Email to Transmute Jun Homepage of Transmute Jun Search for Posts by Transmute Jun Add Transmute Jun to your Buddy List
veritas veritas is a Female
Exalted Member

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 20-10-2008

spacer

ahhh, I was being an idot, clicking on any episode, not the highlighted one.

Cant understand a word of it, but you dont need to, still made me chuckle.

No new posts 28-01-2009 15:08 veritas is offline Send an Email to veritas Search for Posts by veritas Add veritas to your Buddy List

I am a Swan.

40 fics uploaded

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by veritas
ahhh, I was being an idot, clicking on any episode, not the highlighted one.

Cant understand a word of it, but you dont need to, still made me chuckle.

I can't understand it either, but you're right that generally you don't need to. Occasionally you get words... The other day I got 'Moshii Moshii' and 'Konnichiwa' then they sometimes use English words like 'Rice Choco', 'Apron', and my kids' favourite: 'Magic Stick'. Wink

Thanks to James, I was able to pick up 'dango'.

On the weekend they have all 5 of the past week's episodes available for viewing, so you'll be able to see the whole week at a go.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Transmute Jun on 28-01-2009 at 15:22.
No new posts 28-01-2009 15:22 Transmute Jun is offline Send an Email to Transmute Jun Homepage of Transmute Jun Search for Posts by Transmute Jun Add Transmute Jun to your Buddy List
gatchgirl
Babbling Loonie

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 08-03-2006

spacer

As simple as these episodes are supposed to be, they are rather funny for adults even (if you like Gatch that is)

Racer by day, Feather Thrower all the time!

No new posts 28-01-2009 16:55 gatchgirl is offline Send an Email to gatchgirl Search for Posts by gatchgirl Add gatchgirl to your Buddy List
tatsunokofan tatsunokofan is a Male
Gatch Guru

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 03-12-2006

spacer

Hi all!

Episode #14 of "Go Go! Gatchapin" is now online. Today's episode is "Gatchapin Operation."

It can be found at:

http://www.fujitvkidsclub.jp/webchannel/index.html

The member ID and password you'll need to view it is:

Member ID Number: 15023448
Password: gatchapin

Enjoy!

James

No new posts 28-01-2009 23:56 tatsunokofan is offline Send an Email to tatsunokofan Search for Posts by tatsunokofan Add tatsunokofan to your Buddy List
lborgia88 lborgia88 is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 27-06-2007

spacer

Okay, that was a bit surreal! Is our Pierre Katse finally succumbing to the stress of trying to capture Gatchapin and losing his mind?

And the opening scene has me wondering if they're hinting at Katse's androgynous aspect!

No new posts 29-01-2009 00:13 lborgia88 is offline Send an Email to lborgia88 Search for Posts by lborgia88 Add lborgia88 to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: lborgia88
Gatch Guru

0 fics uploaded

spacer

Hi all!

quote:
And the opening scene has me wondering if they're hinting at Katse's androgynous aspect!

Or perhaps Pierre likes to pop Jiffy-Pop pop corn on top of his head...

James

No new posts 29-01-2009 00:29 tatsunokofan is offline Send an Email to tatsunokofan Search for Posts by tatsunokofan Add tatsunokofan to your Buddy List

I am a Swan.

40 fics uploaded

spacer

You know, I thought the top of his mask looked brightr and curlier after his special treatment... Wink

No new posts 29-01-2009 03:20 Transmute Jun is offline Send an Email to Transmute Jun Homepage of Transmute Jun Search for Posts by Transmute Jun Add Transmute Jun to your Buddy List
Gatch Guru

0 fics uploaded

spacer

Hi all!

Episode #15 of "Go Go! Gatchapin" is now online. Today's episode is "Is It Stolen!? Gatchapin Information."

It can be found at:

Enjoy!

James

No new posts 29-01-2009 23:51 tatsunokofan is offline Send an Email to tatsunokofan Search for Posts by tatsunokofan Add tatsunokofan to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

Laugh2 Is the fedora a disguise, or is he trying to look like a "film noir" gumshoe detective? (or did the salon really mess him up yesterday?)

I wonder why, yesterday and today, Katse's back to using his first plan to get Gatchapin, since it never worked before, and it got him an especially harsh zapping from X today!

No new posts 30-01-2009 00:04 lborgia88 is offline Send an Email to lborgia88 Search for Posts by lborgia88 Add lborgia88 to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: lborgia88

I am a Swan.

40 fics uploaded

spacer

I think you're right, LB! It was a gumshoe thing!

Did you notice that there was a wig on the inside of the hat? Clearly the beauty salon did *something* for Katse's hair! ROFL 2

No new posts 30-01-2009 01:03 Transmute Jun is offline Send an Email to Transmute Jun Homepage of Transmute Jun Search for Posts by Transmute Jun Add Transmute Jun to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

Something else I'm enjoying about these Gatchapin episodes is the big aerial views of Tokyo (or at least I've been assuming it's Tokyo -maybe it's another city) and all the scenes on the streets showing regular people walking around and the insides of different stores.

Hardly the same as visiting Japan in person, but it's something...

No new posts 30-01-2009 19:37 lborgia88 is offline Send an Email to lborgia88 Search for Posts by lborgia88 Add lborgia88 to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: lborgia88
clouddancer clouddancer is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am an Owl.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 10-04-2007

spacer

Yes I have been enjoying seeing all the sights of the City. That is when I would love to hear what the commentator is saying. Is he giving us some information about the view we are seeing or is he going on about something else less informative....

No new posts 30-01-2009 21:33 clouddancer is offline Send an Email to clouddancer Search for Posts by clouddancer Add clouddancer to your Buddy List
Gatch Guru

0 fics uploaded

spacer

Hi all!

For those who missed any of the Gatchapin episodes that were available this week, all five episodes are now available for viewing over the
weekend.

They can be found at:

Enjoy! And don't forget, come Monday at around this same time, the next
set of episodes will be up!

James

No new posts 30-01-2009 23:49 tatsunokofan is offline Send an Email to tatsunokofan Search for Posts by tatsunokofan Add tatsunokofan to your Buddy List
Gatch Guru

0 fics uploaded

spacer

Hi all!

quote:
Yes I have been enjoying seeing all the sights of the City. That is when I would love to hear what the commentator is saying. Is he giving us some information about the view we are seeing or is he going on about something else less informative....

Well, if you have your audio turned up, you can certainly hear what the Narrator is saying. Understanding it is another matter.

He's not doing a travelog. Pretty much all he's saying is that, in order to protect world peace, Gatchapin is on his daily patrol through the towns of Tokyo, and we join him as he is going through those particular shopping districts that the opening portions of the show were filmed in (Kitashinagawa for most of them, though some of the later episodes have him in Umeyashiki).

I hope this helps!

James

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by tatsunokofan on 31-01-2009 at 01:25.
No new posts 31-01-2009 00:09 tatsunokofan is offline Send an Email to tatsunokofan Search for Posts by tatsunokofan Add tatsunokofan to your Buddy List
clouddancer clouddancer is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am an Owl.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 10-04-2007

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by tatsunokofan

Well, if you have your audio turned up, you can certainly hear what the Narrator is saying. Understanding it is another matter.
James

Okay, Okay I stand corrected. And here I was just saying to my VP today that I was still having problems mastering the English language ... when we were talking about a teacher in our school who can speak (translate) at least 5 different language. Tamil, Russian, Spanish, Portuguese and ..... ooops I forgot the last one, one of the Indian languages I think.

We were using her translation skills to speak to one of my students parents, when she told me this.

No new posts 31-01-2009 01:21 clouddancer is offline Send an Email to clouddancer Search for Posts by clouddancer Add clouddancer to your Buddy List

I am a Swan.

40 fics uploaded

spacer

I just want to say Thanks again, James, for setting this up so that we could all see it! As you can tell, we are enjoying the series very much!

No new posts 31-01-2009 02:15 Transmute Jun is offline Send an Email to Transmute Jun Homepage of Transmute Jun Search for Posts by Transmute Jun Add Transmute Jun to your Buddy List
Hinotori Hinotori is a Female
Babbling Loonie

I am an Eagle.

2 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 09-10-2007

spacer

I too am loving the scenes from Tokyo and the little bit of Japanese culture the series is giving us!

For understanding what they're saying, I'm actually picking up a word here and there.... In one of the eps the narrator did say "Tokyo", so it was nice to find out that it really was Tokyo we were seeing! In the last episode (Friday's), at the end of it, where Pierre Katse is standing on the black hole, he says "san, ni, ichi", which is "three, two, one" in Japanese. I was ROFL 2 that he was counting down to when he would fall through the black hole!

Unfortunately, except for the occasional "yosh", "arigatou", and "k'onnichiwa" that's about all I understand......

Oh, and has anyone watched the expressions on the passers-by faces?? They're so funny!! The best ones were from the "salon" ep, when Katse runs out of the shop! If you didn't watch the people outside the shop, go back and watch that part. Some of their reactions are just too funny!

Yes, and thank you James for keeping us informed of the episode postings!! Smile

Eagle Condor Swan Swallow Hootie

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Hinotori on 31-01-2009 at 22:55.
No new posts 31-01-2009 22:53 Hinotori is offline Send an Email to Hinotori Search for Posts by Hinotori Add Hinotori to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: Hinotori72
gatchgirl
Babbling Loonie

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 08-03-2006

spacer

I agree, the insight that it gives us into Japan is so cool. I love the way the highways are in some takes.

Hino, after reading your comment, I made special attention to the on lookers faces... can you say pound

Racer by day, Feather Thrower all the time!

No new posts 01-02-2009 00:24 gatchgirl is offline Send an Email to gatchgirl Search for Posts by gatchgirl Add gatchgirl to your Buddy List
« first ...  « previous  4  5  [6]  7  8  next »  ... last »  --> Members browsing this thread: none Pages (21): « first ...  « previous  4  5  [6]  7  8  next »  ... last » 
Post New Thread Post Reply
Rate Thread: 

very bad very bad 

very good very good 

Go to: