Gatchamania.net
Register Memberlist Staff Search FAQ Arcade Calendar Gallery Filebase Forums Home  

Gatchamania.net »[Gatchaman Library] »Gatchaman » Gatchapin
Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (21): « first ...  « previous  2  3  [4]  5  6  next »  ... last »  Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Gatchapin
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Transmute Jun Transmute Jun is a Female
Queen of the Bird Missiles

I am a Swan.

40 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 04-04-2007

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by lborgia88
It makes you wonder why Leader X wants Pierre Katse to keep going after him -it doesn't seem like Gatchapin is doing anything to interfere with them (not that I much enjoy getting drenched from the rain!)

Didn't you see it? Gatchapin was handing out flyers denouncing Galactor! ROFL 2

No new posts 22-01-2009 03:06 Transmute Jun is offline Send an Email to Transmute Jun Homepage of Transmute Jun Search for Posts by Transmute Jun Add Transmute Jun to your Buddy List
Ebonyswanne Ebonyswanne is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Swan.

23 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 25-04-2007

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

What rock have I been hiding under... I didn't know about Gatchapin. I wonder if it can be downloaded.

No new posts 22-01-2009 11:15 Ebonyswanne is offline Send an Email to Ebonyswanne Search for Posts by Ebonyswanne Add Ebonyswanne to your Buddy List
lborgia88 lborgia88 is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 27-06-2007

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by tatsunokofan

quote:
It makes you wonder why Leader X wants Pierre Katse to keep going after him

Because he's there...

James

Laugh2 But that's too easy! At least we knew that Wile E. Coyote wanted to eat the Roadrunner. Still, I'm racking my brains now, but can't for the life of me recall why Witchipoo (spelling?) was out to get H.R. Pufnstuf, other than "she was a witch." I guess we don't spend much time pondering characters' motivations when we're children!

No new posts 22-01-2009 16:45 lborgia88 is offline Send an Email to lborgia88 Search for Posts by lborgia88 Add lborgia88 to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: lborgia88
tatsunokofan tatsunokofan is a Male
Gatch Guru

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 03-12-2006

spacer

Hi all!

quote:
But that's too easy!

We really don't have a lot of motivation for Pierre going after Gatchapin in the first set of Gatchapin stories (Beyond Gatchapin being the hero and Pierre Katse being the villain with a touch of OCD when it comes to going after the hero. Seriously, the guy will drop whatever he's doing to go after Gatchapin whenever he spots him), but you'll be happy that the second set of stories in "Go Go! Gatchapin" gives him a more understandable motivation.

quote:
I'm racking my brains now, but can't for the life of me recall why Witchipoo (spelling?) was out to get H.R. Pufnstuf, other than "she was a witch."

Witchiepoo was after Freddie, the magic flute that Jimmy had found. Pufnstuf acted as Jimmy's protector as they tried to find a way to get Jimmy and Freddie safely back home.

James

No new posts 22-01-2009 17:52 tatsunokofan is offline Send an Email to tatsunokofan Search for Posts by tatsunokofan Add tatsunokofan to your Buddy List

I am a Swan.

40 fics uploaded

spacer

quote:
We really don't have a lot of motivation for Pierre going after Gatchapin in the first set of Gatchapin stories (Beyond Gatchapin being the hero and Pierre Katse being the villain with a touch of OCD when it comes to going after the hero. Seriously, the guy will drop whatever he's doing to go after Gatchapin whenever he spots him)

That's not entirely true. It seems that 'Sosai' will zap Katse whenever he fails. That would be plenty of motivation for me!!!!

No new posts 22-01-2009 21:39 Transmute Jun is offline Send an Email to Transmute Jun Homepage of Transmute Jun Search for Posts by Transmute Jun Add Transmute Jun to your Buddy List
gatchgirl
Babbling Loonie

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 08-03-2006

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by Ebonyswanne
What rock have I been hiding under... I didn't know about Gatchapin. I wonder if it can be downloaded.

Ebony, I don't think that you can catch up with last weeks episodes, but on the weekend you can view all of this past weeks. Hope you get to see all of this weeks.

Racer by day, Feather Thrower all the time!

No new posts 22-01-2009 23:31 gatchgirl is offline Send an Email to gatchgirl Search for Posts by gatchgirl Add gatchgirl to your Buddy List
Gatch Guru

0 fics uploaded

spacer

Hi all!

Episode #10 of "Go Go! Gatchapin" is now online. Today's episode is "Gatchapin's Burning Rage."

It can be found at:

http://www.fujitvkidsclub.jp/webchannel/index.html

The member ID and password you'll need to view it is:

Member ID Number: 15023448
Password: gatchapin

Enjoy!

James

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by tatsunokofan on 23-01-2009 at 01:08.
No new posts 23-01-2009 00:20 tatsunokofan is offline Send an Email to tatsunokofan Search for Posts by tatsunokofan Add tatsunokofan to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

quote:

Witchiepoo was after Freddie, the magic flute that Jimmy had found. Pufnstuf acted as Jimmy's protector as they tried to find a way to get Jimmy and Freddie safely back home.

James

That's right -the flute! It's coming back to me now... distant memories from the 1970s.

On the topic of 70s nostalgia, I saw a poster in a movie theatre a few weeks ago for some kind of remake of the "Witch Mountain" movies.

No new posts 23-01-2009 00:54 lborgia88 is offline Send an Email to lborgia88 Search for Posts by lborgia88 Add lborgia88 to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: lborgia88
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

quote:

Episode #10 of "Go Go! Gatchapin" is now online. Today's episode is "Gatchapins Burning Rage."

I love the title! All I can think of is Ken in ep. 54, "Gatchaman Burns with Rage."

Is Gatchapin enraged because Katse almost caught him this time (since obviously Pierre Katse isn't responsible for the death of Gatchapin's father)?

No new posts 23-01-2009 00:58 lborgia88 is offline Send an Email to lborgia88 Search for Posts by lborgia88 Add lborgia88 to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: lborgia88
Gatch Guru

0 fics uploaded

spacer

Hi all!

quote:
I love the title! All I can think of is Ken in ep. 54, "Gatchaman Burns with Rage."

Gatchapin doesn't seem to be very enraged about much of anything. Instead, I think you hit the nail on the head when you brought up the title for Gatchaman #54. If you look at them, many of the titles for Gatchapin episodes are homages to Gatchaman episode titles. Whether these titles work well for the plots of the Gatchapin episodes is subjective, but you can see what they were trying to do.

James

No new posts 23-01-2009 01:20 tatsunokofan is offline Send an Email to tatsunokofan Search for Posts by tatsunokofan Add tatsunokofan to your Buddy List
Springie Springie is a Female
Her Royal Fluffiness...Swan of Swans...

I am a Swan.

6 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 12-06-2006

spacer

OMG...HR Puffnstuff freaked me out! I couldn't watch it...something about those permanent grins was just too much for me! Makes me wonder how much "puffing and stuff" the people who made it were doing!

There is no problem that cannot be solved with time, patience, and a judicious amount of high explosives.

No new posts 23-01-2009 01:22 Springie is offline Send an Email to Springie Homepage of Springie Search for Posts by Springie Add Springie to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: Springie MSN Screenname: Springie
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

I liked it, but I remember finding parts of it scary -I think there was some scene where Witchiepoo had PufnStuf tied up, and said she was going to cook and eat him (things like that freaked me out -my mother could tell you how many nightmares Disney's "Call it Courage" gave me!).

I only saw it as a film. In the little community where I grew up, they showed movies for kids in the Junior High School gymnasium on Friday evenings on an old reel-to-reel projector, and I saw PufnStuf (and a lot of other movies) with my friends that way. Good times...

No new posts 23-01-2009 14:31 lborgia88 is offline Send an Email to lborgia88 Search for Posts by lborgia88 Add lborgia88 to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: lborgia88
Gatch Guru

0 fics uploaded

spacer

Hi all!

For those who missed any of the Gatchapin episodes that were available this week, all five epiodes are now available for viewing over the weekend.

They can be found at:

Enjoy! And don't forget, around this same time on Monday in Japan, the next set of episodes will be up!

James

No new posts 24-01-2009 00:48 tatsunokofan is offline Send an Email to tatsunokofan Search for Posts by tatsunokofan Add tatsunokofan to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

quote:

Enjoy! And don't forget, around this same time on Monday in Japan, the next set of episodes will be up!

I'd forgotten that there wouldn't be a new one today -this forces me to admit how hooked I'm becoming to a daily Gatchapin fix. I suppose I can rewatch them all now -I need something to do before Battlestar Galactica comes on in an hour and a half!

No new posts 24-01-2009 01:24 lborgia88 is offline Send an Email to lborgia88 Search for Posts by lborgia88 Add lborgia88 to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: lborgia88
Ebonyswanne Ebonyswanne is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Swan.

23 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 25-04-2007

spacer

I have some catching up to do when I get home... I'm interested in watching some of these eps!

No new posts 24-01-2009 06:07 Ebonyswanne is offline Send an Email to Ebonyswanne Search for Posts by Ebonyswanne Add Ebonyswanne to your Buddy List
Hinotori Hinotori is a Female
Babbling Loonie

I am an Eagle.

2 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 09-10-2007

spacer

These are great! I love the guy who plays Pierre Katse - his expressions and mannerisms crack me up!!

Can't wait to see what happens in next week's eps! Wink

Eagle Condor Swan Swallow Hootie

No new posts 25-01-2009 14:33 Hinotori is offline Send an Email to Hinotori Search for Posts by Hinotori Add Hinotori to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: Hinotori72

I am a Swan.

40 fics uploaded

spacer

I think this has been posted before, but given our recent interest in Gatchapin, I thought I'd post this again:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eXctZep3H...ec-HM-fresh+div

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Transmute Jun on 25-01-2009 at 17:33.
No new posts 25-01-2009 17:15 Transmute Jun is offline Send an Email to Transmute Jun Homepage of Transmute Jun Search for Posts by Transmute Jun Add Transmute Jun to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

I hadn't seen that before! Laugh1

I have to say that action moves and hero poses come off a lot better if the person doing them looks like Ken rather than a plushy green dinosaur! Still, Gatchapin seems to be able to fly, whereas Ken only glides.

No new posts 25-01-2009 17:24 lborgia88 is offline Send an Email to lborgia88 Search for Posts by lborgia88 Add lborgia88 to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: lborgia88
gatchgirl
Babbling Loonie

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 08-03-2006

spacer

Katse skipping and throwing his grocery bags in the air, those are only some of the highlights.

Racer by day, Feather Thrower all the time!

No new posts 25-01-2009 22:06 gatchgirl is offline Send an Email to gatchgirl Search for Posts by gatchgirl Add gatchgirl to your Buddy List
Gatch Guru

0 fics uploaded

spacer

Hi all!

Episode #11 of "Go Go! Gatchapin" is now online. Today's episode is "Pierre Katse's Sweet Trap."

It can be found at:

Enjoy!

James

No new posts 25-01-2009 23:58 tatsunokofan is offline Send an Email to tatsunokofan Search for Posts by tatsunokofan Add tatsunokofan to your Buddy List
« first ...  « previous  2  3  [4]  5  6  next »  ... last »  --> Members browsing this thread: none Pages (21): « first ...  « previous  2  3  [4]  5  6  next »  ... last » 
Post New Thread Post Reply
Rate Thread: 

very bad very bad 

very good very good 

Go to: