Gatchamania.net
Register Memberlist Staff Search FAQ Arcade Calendar Gallery Filebase Forums Home  

Gatchamania.net »[Speak Up!] »General Discussion » Brrrr!
Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (3): « previous  1  [2]  3  next »  Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Brrrr!
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
shamrokchick shamrokchick is a Female
Forum Legend

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 02-08-2008

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Springie
I just want enough snow to keep us out of school for a day or two...is that too much to ask? Biglaugh1

I want snow! snowing

No new posts 19-01-2009 01:07 shamrokchick is offline Send an Email to shamrokchick Search for Posts by shamrokchick Add shamrokchick to your Buddy List AIM Screenname: shamrokchick
clouddancer clouddancer is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am an Owl.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 10-04-2007

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by shamrokchick
Ahhh... most of the days it's dreary and miserable outside, the sky's all cloudy and dark... however, I do like the night sky better in winter because it's so clear and you can actually see stars for a change...

Ahh, yes the stars and the Northern lights. Although I am lucky, in the summer I head up to my parents and can lie under the night sky and watch the stars and see the entire milky way. But the Northern lights in winter, standing with my feet in a snowbank, while the dog is out doing her buiness, are some of the best I remember. Thumbsup

No new posts 19-01-2009 01:53 clouddancer is offline Send an Email to clouddancer Search for Posts by clouddancer Add clouddancer to your Buddy List
veritas veritas is a Female
Exalted Member

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 20-10-2008

spacer

A few times lately when Ive gone out to work, the car has told me its been between -5 and -2. Put on an extra coat and get on with it wouldnt you, however the media over here seem to think its the next ice age beginning and its the worse weather anywhere in the whole history of the earth! Its not even snowed FFS!

No new posts 19-01-2009 08:40 veritas is offline Send an Email to veritas Search for Posts by veritas Add veritas to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

I am an Owl.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by veritas
A few times lately when Ive gone out to work, the car has told me its been between -5 and -2. Put on an extra coat and get on with it wouldnt you, however the media over here seem to think its the next ice age beginning and its the worse weather anywhere in the whole history of the earth! Its not even snowed FFS!

Poor veritas, It sounds like you are having a hard time with this. As for the weather forcasters here ... I just heard them say that between now and March, this year could be the snowiest one on record .... *Sarcastic Yeah!!! So what was last year?* I will believe it when and if it happens. Never believe what they say until you see it is my motto.

No new posts 19-01-2009 13:50 clouddancer is offline Send an Email to clouddancer Search for Posts by clouddancer Add clouddancer to your Buddy List
lborgia88 lborgia88 is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 27-06-2007

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by clouddancer

Ahh, yes the stars and the Northern lights. Although I am lucky, in the summer I head up to my parents and can lie under the night sky and watch the stars and see the entire milky way. But the Northern lights in winter, standing with my feet in a snowbank, while the dog is out doing her buiness, are some of the best I remember. Thumbsup

You're making me homesick, CD! I remember cold winter nights as a kid, the air was so clear and the snow so white, if there was a full moon, it was bright enough that I could read in bed without turning on any lights.

No new posts 19-01-2009 14:09 lborgia88 is offline Send an Email to lborgia88 Search for Posts by lborgia88 Add lborgia88 to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: lborgia88
Gatchamaniac

I am an Owl.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by lborgia88
quote:

You're making me homesick, CD! I remember cold winter nights as a kid, the air was so clear and the snow so white, if there was a full moon, it was bright enough that I could read in bed without turning on any lights.

Ohhh, That is my winter wonderland the air still and quiet, fresh snow on the tree branches, and as you say, the moon reflecting off the fresh fallen snow with no tracks in it yet ... a magical time, I have always felt, a time when anything can happen. Like magical beasts (unicorns and dragons) would appear from out of the treed area on our property.

No new posts 19-01-2009 15:18 clouddancer is offline Send an Email to clouddancer Search for Posts by clouddancer Add clouddancer to your Buddy List
Forum Legend

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by veritas

Poor veritas, It sounds like you are having a hard time with this. As for the weather forcasters here ... I just heard them say that between now and March, this year could be the snowiest one on record .... *Sarcastic Yeah!!! So what was last year?* I will believe it when and if it happens. Never believe what they say until you see it is my motto.

I've come to accept that whatever the weather man says, it will be the opposite...

No new posts 19-01-2009 16:40 shamrokchick is offline Send an Email to shamrokchick Search for Posts by shamrokchick Add shamrokchick to your Buddy List AIM Screenname: shamrokchick
Forum Legend

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

quote:
Ohhh, That is my winter wonderland the air still and quiet, fresh snow on the tree branches, and as you say, the moon reflecting off the fresh fallen snow with no tracks in it yet ... a magical time, I have always felt, a time when anything can happen. Like magical beasts (unicorns and dragons) would appear from out of the treed area on our property.

This reminds me of when we used to drive up to PA in the winter to visit relatives. It was fun being in the mountains and seeing snow everywhere with icicles on all the tree branches..

No new posts 19-01-2009 16:44 shamrokchick is offline Send an Email to shamrokchick Search for Posts by shamrokchick Add shamrokchick to your Buddy List AIM Screenname: shamrokchick
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

This is a pic of my Dad's house, where I grew up, in Nova Scotia -taken a couple weeks ago. The window that overlooks the garage, half covered by snow -that window looks in on my old bedroom, and I remember often it would get completely drifted over with snow...

Here in Indianapolis, if a couple inches of snow fall, it's a big deal.

No new posts 19-01-2009 22:37 lborgia88 is offline Send an Email to lborgia88 Search for Posts by lborgia88 Add lborgia88 to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: lborgia88
Gatchamaniac

I am an Owl.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

Now THAT looks like winter....

When we get a nice sunny day I will take a picture of my place with the snow... unfortunately all we are getting right now is more snow every day and no sun. Maybe on Wednesday I will be lucky. Animelol

No new posts 19-01-2009 23:05 clouddancer is offline Send an Email to clouddancer Search for Posts by clouddancer Add clouddancer to your Buddy List
gatchgirl
Babbling Loonie

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 08-03-2006

spacer

Yes , the dark winter skies do cause for bland moods. If the sun would shine through more, it's not so bad.

Racer by day, Feather Thrower all the time!

No new posts 19-01-2009 23:44 gatchgirl is offline Send an Email to gatchgirl Search for Posts by gatchgirl Add gatchgirl to your Buddy List
Forum Legend

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

Wow LB, that's more snow than I've ever seen...

No new posts 20-01-2009 04:15 shamrokchick is offline Send an Email to shamrokchick Search for Posts by shamrokchick Add shamrokchick to your Buddy List AIM Screenname: shamrokchick
Springie Springie is a Female
Her Royal Fluffiness...Swan of Swans...

I am a Swan.

6 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 12-06-2006

spacer

Amazing, LB! I doubt we'll ever get that much snow...but I'd love to see it just once!

There is no problem that cannot be solved with time, patience, and a judicious amount of high explosives.

No new posts 20-01-2009 09:47 Springie is offline Send an Email to Springie Homepage of Springie Search for Posts by Springie Add Springie to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: Springie MSN Screenname: Springie
Gatchamaniac

I am an Owl.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

Well Springie you know you have a standing invitation to visit. I will even lend you a snow shovel when you stop by to help clear the drive. Evil3

No new posts 20-01-2009 12:52 clouddancer is offline Send an Email to clouddancer Search for Posts by clouddancer Add clouddancer to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

Ah shoveling... the down side of snowy winters!

My brother, knowing that he would be in Afghanistan this winter instead of at home in Ottawa, very wisely bought his wife a good snowblower so that she wouldn't have to shovel the driveway herself in his absence.

Last I heard, she's having so much fun with it, she does her neighbours' driveways too!

No new posts 20-01-2009 16:06 lborgia88 is offline Send an Email to lborgia88 Search for Posts by lborgia88 Add lborgia88 to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: lborgia88
Gatchamaniac

I am an Owl.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

quote:
Ah shoveling... the down side of snowy winters!

My brother, knowing that he would be in Afghanistan this winter instead of at home in Ottawa, very wisely bought his wife a good snowblower so that she wouldn't have to shovel the driveway herself in his absence.

Last I heard, she's having so much fun with it, she does her neighbours' driveways too!

I wish my neighbour, who shares my driveway, would do that. It is funny to see his side blown out while I just drive over mine, if I can. Any thing less than 2 inches and I drive over it, more ... and I have to shovel.

No new posts 20-01-2009 19:50 clouddancer is offline Send an Email to clouddancer Search for Posts by clouddancer Add clouddancer to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

quote:

Here in Indianapolis, if a couple inches of snow fall, it's a big deal.

Okay, 18 inches of snow fell in Indianapolis last night! The BF and I just finished shoveling the driveway and clearing the walkways, and I excavated my car (which I can't park in the garage because the BF's precious motorcycle takes up too much room). I wish I hadn't gone to the gym yesterday, because that combined with this... my arms and back are finished.

No new posts 28-01-2009 16:36 lborgia88 is offline Send an Email to lborgia88 Search for Posts by lborgia88 Add lborgia88 to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: lborgia88
gatchgirl
Babbling Loonie

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

We are right behind you LB, about 10-12 inches fell here. Needless to say, I've had to get my car pulled out of the ditch this morning, and then I had to get it unstuck from a driveway.

Anybody want this pretty snow???? Wait it isn't so bad looking at it, as long as I stay warm and dry!

No new posts 28-01-2009 16:48 gatchgirl is offline Send an Email to gatchgirl Search for Posts by gatchgirl Add gatchgirl to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

It is pretty. The sun is starting to come out now, and I just took a pic from the bedroom windown.

Sorry about your car/snow troubles, GG! I was lucky that I didn't have to drive anywhere this morning.

No new posts 28-01-2009 17:06 lborgia88 is offline Send an Email to lborgia88 Search for Posts by lborgia88 Add lborgia88 to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: lborgia88
gatchgirl
Babbling Loonie

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

I wouldn't have, but working at the same place as my B/H isn't always good. He is to determined to take on any weather, including large amounts of snowfall that is not really wise to be out in. Just glad I'm home now, and thanks for support. Huggles

I took some pics too, just have to figure out how to get them anywhere online.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by gatchgirl on 28-01-2009 at 17:15.
No new posts 28-01-2009 17:14 gatchgirl is offline Send an Email to gatchgirl Search for Posts by gatchgirl Add gatchgirl to your Buddy List
« previous  1  [2]  3  next »  --> Members browsing this thread: none Pages (3): « previous  1  [2]  3  next » 
Post New Thread Post Reply
Rate Thread: 

very bad very bad 

very good very good 

Go to: