Gatchamania.net
Register Memberlist Staff Search FAQ Arcade Calendar Gallery Filebase Forums Home  

Gatchamania.net »[Speak Up!] »General Discussion » Honree of the Week: Marstora
Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Honree of the Week: Marstora
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Transmute Jun Transmute Jun is a Female
Queen of the Bird Missiles

I am a Swan.

40 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 04-04-2007

spacer
Honree of the Week: Marstora Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

In Gatchaman I, Berg Katse ruled the roost. Sure, there were 2 episodes where be was briefly displaced as Leader of Galactor/closest to Sosai X but he was pretty much the undisputed villain.

But in Gatchaman II, Gel Sadra wasn't enough. Turns out that Sosai X had learned form his bad experiences with Katse. He had *another* 'right hand' who was working for him building bases on other planets. This man was Marstora. He was competing with Gel Sadra for Sosai's favor, and while minorly successful at first, eneded up being no more efffective than she was.

Marstora did manage to make it through to Gatchaman Fighter, where again he fought with Egobossler for Sosai's favor. In the end, however, his plan to destroy the Science Ninja Team failed and he was faced down by the Gatchaspartan and Ken wielding the Hypershoot weapon. Strangely enough, when he called Egobossler for help, his rival completely ignored the call. Sucks to be a villain, doesn't it?

IMHO, Marstora is an interesting character, whom one could argue was never used to his true potential. Isn't this the stuff that fanfics are made of? Wink

In any case, here are some pictures of Marstora.

Marstora plans to eliminate the Science Ninja Team:

Marstora faces off with Gel Sadra:

Marstora laughs with one of his men as he plans to destroy Ken at Sosai's Mars Base.

Marsotra's space ship:

Marstora likes to raise his fist when he's angry:

Marstora bickers with Egobossler in front of Sosai:

Funny how Egobossler can't hear Marstora's cries for help:

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Transmute Jun on 05-01-2009 at 18:13.
No new posts 05-01-2009 18:12 Transmute Jun is offline Send an Email to Transmute Jun Homepage of Transmute Jun Search for Posts by Transmute Jun Add Transmute Jun to your Buddy List
gatchgirl
Babbling Loonie

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 08-03-2006

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

Thanks for the pics TJ. For some reason I couldn't place the name with the face. Silly me.

So which baddie got more help from Sosai? Financial, or troops?

Racer by day, Feather Thrower all the time!

No new posts 05-01-2009 21:28 gatchgirl is offline Send an Email to gatchgirl Search for Posts by gatchgirl Add gatchgirl to your Buddy List
clouddancer clouddancer is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am an Owl.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 10-04-2007

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

Thank you for the information TJ. Not knowing anything about the Gatch II or F. It is great to see all this information.

No new posts 05-01-2009 22:10 clouddancer is offline Send an Email to clouddancer Search for Posts by clouddancer Add clouddancer to your Buddy List

I am a Swan.

40 fics uploaded

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by gatchgirl
So which baddie got more help from Sosai? Financial, or troops?

Not sure... but I think they both had pretty much unlimited access until they had multiple failures. Wink

No new posts 05-01-2009 23:10 Transmute Jun is offline Send an Email to Transmute Jun Homepage of Transmute Jun Search for Posts by Transmute Jun Add Transmute Jun to your Buddy List
saturn saturn is a Female
Boardie

I am a Swan.

Registration Date: 21-05-2008

spacer

These are very interesting information,TJ.I don't know anything about Gatch II, thanks for the info.

No new posts 06-01-2009 02:20 saturn is offline Send an Email to saturn Search for Posts by saturn Add saturn to your Buddy List
tatsunokofan tatsunokofan is a Male
Gatch Guru

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 03-12-2006

spacer

Hi all!

Marstora was a character who, like Dr. Pandora, was created during the run of Gatchaman II. As such, there was no mention of him in the series Planning. Pretty much all that I can say about him was what I ran in a thread on the villains a while back. But, so people don't have to try to track that down, here's what I said then.

In Gatchaman II

Marstora
(Character Voice: Osamu Ichikawa)

The Commander of Governor X's Solar Shift Base on Mars. His existence was kept secret from Gel Sadra until his forces came to Earth to eliminate facilities that could discover his base.

He had no liking for Gel Sadra and her failures, and insulted her by giving her the nickname "Lazy Sadra" (#43). This dislike quickly developed into a rivalry between the two to see who could please Governor X more (#45).

Marstora had his own saucer-shaped ship for transportation, which he used to travel between Mars and Earth. It could fire missiles, beam weapons, and even came loaded with several different styles of robots for combat on the ground or in space. For protection, it could produce an energy barrier (#'s 43, 44).

In Gatchaman Fighter

Marstora
(Character Voice: Osamu Ichikawa)

Marstora returned to Earth to participate in the Gamma Plan. Under this plan, Egobossler would draw the Science Ninja Team to Polymia Island while Marstora would take control of the space station Lemuria 7 and destroy the undefended New Jork City with missiles from space. Egobossler did not like being used as a decoy, but was commanded to do so by Governor Z (#22).

Despite the failure of the Gamma Plan, Marstora remained on Earth. He felt that Egobossler was "an eyesore," "arrogant," and that his loyalty to Governor Z was doubtful. Marstora hoped to convince Z to allow him to take command of Gallactor. Governor Z decided to allow the two men to compete to see who was the better man for the position (#23).

Marstora made several attempts to impress Governor Z, including a mission to destroy a Mantle Energy Factory (#29) and using a lifeform brought from Mars to attack the population through New Jork City's water system (#30). The failure of these plans was a source of frustration for Marstora and great dissatisfaction for Governor Z (#30).

Following the battle with the alien lifeform, the Science Ninja Team managed to catch up with and attack Marstora's ship. Though Marstora called Gallatown for reinforcements, Egobossler refused to send any assistance to his rival. Marstora died shortly afterwards when his badly damaged craft exploded (#30).

When Marstora initially returned to Earth, he came in a larger spaceship than had been seen before (#22), be he continued to favor his previous smaller, saucer-shaped ship during his stay (#'s 22, 30). It was in this craft that he perished (#30).

In both series, Marstora was accompanied by his own group of henchmen (Okay, technically they're listed as his "subordinates," which is pretty much a fancy way of saying henchmen...). These were generic bad huys who were pretty much from the same mold as the average Gallactor, only dressed in different outfits. So, as an added bonus, here's what they looked like:

i hope this helps!

James

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by tatsunokofan on 07-01-2009 at 01:43.
No new posts 06-01-2009 03:14 tatsunokofan is offline Send an Email to tatsunokofan Search for Posts by tatsunokofan Add tatsunokofan to your Buddy List

I am a Swan.

40 fics uploaded

spacer

Thanks for filling all of that in for us, James! I didn't realize that he was in so many episodes!

No new posts 06-01-2009 03:31 Transmute Jun is offline Send an Email to Transmute Jun Homepage of Transmute Jun Search for Posts by Transmute Jun Add Transmute Jun to your Buddy List
lborgia88 lborgia88 is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 27-06-2007

spacer

Thanks! I'd heard of him, but I've never seen this many images, or knew many details. I am intrigued...

No new posts 06-01-2009 04:30 lborgia88 is offline Send an Email to lborgia88 Search for Posts by lborgia88 Add lborgia88 to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: lborgia88
shamrokchick shamrokchick is a Female
Forum Legend

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 02-08-2008

spacer

Thanks all for sharing... I don't know anything about this character and have yet to come across him in my gatch searches.

No new posts 06-01-2009 04:32 shamrokchick is offline Send an Email to shamrokchick Search for Posts by shamrokchick Add shamrokchick to your Buddy List AIM Screenname: shamrokchick
meridianday meridianday is a Female
Galaxy Girl

I am a Devilstar.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 27-06-2001

spacer

I find it very interesting that his character design and the screenshots have shading rather than visible eyes. I'd never registered that from watching the few episodes I've seen him in. Are there any episodes where his eyes are visible, or are they always shadowed?

Devilstar Mallanox : "My mother was Irish and my father was an alien. I was an only child and I dress funny." Devilstar

No new posts 06-01-2009 09:29 meridianday is offline Send an Email to meridianday Homepage of meridianday Search for Posts by meridianday Add meridianday to your Buddy List
clouddancer clouddancer is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am an Owl.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 10-04-2007

spacer

Once again Thank you James.
Am I the only one who thinks Marstora's henchmen looks like Captain America? *shakes head* Maybe it is just the poses he is drawn in.

No new posts 06-01-2009 23:12 clouddancer is offline Send an Email to clouddancer Search for Posts by clouddancer Add clouddancer to your Buddy List
Cain Highwind Cain Highwind is a Male
Exalted Member

I am a Swallow.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 13-11-2008

spacer

Well talk about timing, just read on ANN that his VA Osama Ichikawa just passed away from a heart attack.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2009-01-07/voice-actor-osamu-ichikawa-passes-away

RIP

No new posts 08-01-2009 05:35 Cain Highwind is offline Send an Email to Cain Highwind Search for Posts by Cain Highwind Add Cain Highwind to your Buddy List AIM Screenname: Cain Sakazaki YIM Screenname: mog1138 MSN Screenname: mog1138@yahoo.com
shamrokchick shamrokchick is a Female
Forum Legend

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 02-08-2008

spacer

rip Osamu Ichikawa

No new posts 08-01-2009 15:35 shamrokchick is offline Send an Email to shamrokchick Search for Posts by shamrokchick Add shamrokchick to your Buddy List AIM Screenname: shamrokchick

I am a Swan.

40 fics uploaded

spacer

That is sad news.

No new posts 08-01-2009 15:42 Transmute Jun is offline Send an Email to Transmute Jun Homepage of Transmute Jun Search for Posts by Transmute Jun Add Transmute Jun to your Buddy List
tatsunokofan tatsunokofan is a Male
Gatch Guru

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 03-12-2006

spacer

Hi all!

quote:
Are there any episodes where his eyes are visible, or are they always shadowed?

There are no episodes where his eyes are visible, because he was always shown wearing his mask. There were episodes where the eye portion of his mask were visible, as can be seen in these images:

I hope this helps!

James

No new posts 08-01-2009 20:03 tatsunokofan is offline Send an Email to tatsunokofan Search for Posts by tatsunokofan Add tatsunokofan to your Buddy List
lborgia88 lborgia88 is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 27-06-2007

spacer

[quote]Originally posted by Cain Highwind
Well talk about timing, just read on ANN that his VA Osama Ichikawa just passed away from a heart attack./quote]

How sad. It does seem like we're losing a lot of Gatchaman people lately, though I suppose that after a few decades that's inevitable.

No new posts 08-01-2009 20:43 lborgia88 is offline Send an Email to lborgia88 Search for Posts by lborgia88 Add lborgia88 to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: lborgia88
gatchgirl
Babbling Loonie

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 08-03-2006

spacer

May he RIP

Racer by day, Feather Thrower all the time!

No new posts 08-01-2009 23:00 gatchgirl is offline Send an Email to gatchgirl Search for Posts by gatchgirl Add gatchgirl to your Buddy List
amyltrer amyltrer is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am an Egoblosser.

4 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 02-12-2006

spacer
RE: Honree of the Week: Marstora Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Transmute Jun

Strangely enough, when he called Egobossler for help, his rival completely ignored the call.

Well, Ego was called a second-hand fool and an incompetent (in romanaian Er translation) by Z because of Marstora earlier in that ep! And we all know Ego tends to bear grudges!

No new posts 14-01-2009 19:29 amyltrer is offline Send an Email to amyltrer Search for Posts by amyltrer Add amyltrer to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: amyltrer MSN Screenname: amyltrer@hotmail.com
Members browsing this thread: none
Post New Thread Post Reply
Rate Thread: 

very bad very bad 

very good very good 

Go to: