Gatchamania.net
Register Memberlist Staff Search FAQ Arcade Calendar Gallery Filebase Forums Home  

Gatchamania.net »[Speak Up!] »General Discussion » Christmas Wishes
Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (4): « first ...  « previous  2  3  [4]  Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Christmas Wishes
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
gatchgirl
Babbling Loonie

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 08-03-2006

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

I so agree Hino, may all of you have a wonderful holiday season!

Racer by day, Feather Thrower all the time!

No new posts 24-12-2008 04:37 gatchgirl is offline Send an Email to gatchgirl Search for Posts by gatchgirl Add gatchgirl to your Buddy List
clouddancer clouddancer is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am an Owl.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 10-04-2007

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by lborgia88
quote:
Originally posted by clouddancer
Cloud is wishing everyone Happy Holidays before I head up to "dial-up" country.
I will be leaving this afternoon and will be on infrequently.

I hope to see everyone in the New Year.

I hope you have a fun and relaxing time in "dial up" country, CD, and maybe read a good book or two!

(I know I would get through books faster if the lure of high speed internet were not ever-present!)

I did read a book or two. In fact I finished reading a series you suggested a while back LB.

No new posts 01-01-2009 14:48 clouddancer is offline Send an Email to clouddancer Search for Posts by clouddancer Add clouddancer to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

I am an Owl.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

Saturn Welcome back and thank you for your Animated Christmas Greatings.

They are great. I especially love the team sitting together on the park bench. You make it look like a real family snapshot.

No new posts 01-01-2009 14:53 clouddancer is offline Send an Email to clouddancer Search for Posts by clouddancer Add clouddancer to your Buddy List
lborgia88 lborgia88 is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 27-06-2007

spacer

quote:
quote:
quote:
Cloud is wishing everyone Happy Holidays before I head up to "dial-up" country.
I will be leaving this afternoon and will be on infrequently.

I hope to see everyone in the New Year.

I hope you have a fun and relaxing time in "dial up" country, CD, and maybe read a good book or two!

(I know I would get through books faster if the lure of high speed internet were not ever-present!)

I did read a book or two. In fact I finished reading a series you suggested a while back LB.

I'm glad you got some time to do some reading! Hmmm, which series was that? G. G. Kay's Fionavar trilogy?

I got some books as gifts, and in the last week have read two of Georgette Heyer's Regency romances (I'd never actually read any of her books, but kept meaning to), and have just begun Andre Norton's "Time Traders" (an author recommended by Barrdwing)

No new posts 01-01-2009 15:50 lborgia88 is offline Send an Email to lborgia88 Search for Posts by lborgia88 Add lborgia88 to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: lborgia88
Gatchamaniac

I am an Owl.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

quote:
quote:

I'm glad you got some time to do some reading! Hmmm, which series was that? G. G. Kay's Fionavar trilogy?

I got some books as gifts, and in the last week have read two of Georgette Heyer's Regency romances (I'd never actually read any of her books, but kept meaning to), and have just begun Andre Norton's "Time Traders" (an author recommended by Barrdwing)

No, although I did manage to get into a used book store and pick up two others from that series that I had lost in my flood. So now I have the set I can read sometime .... maybe over March break. I also picked up one of the Lord Of the Rings books, to complete that set as well. I lost the entire set of originals my mother had when SHE was a child.

No the series I finished was a Mercedes Lackey series and I am now beginning to think it was on another site that someone suggested these books.

No new posts 01-01-2009 18:20 clouddancer is offline Send an Email to clouddancer Search for Posts by clouddancer Add clouddancer to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

I know I have one Mercedes Lackey book, but I think I've read others, years ago. Where G.G. Kay is concerned, I like all his books, but "Tigana" is my favourite. The Fionavar trilogy are the only books of his that have the traditional "elves and dwarves" of fantasy -the rest are loosely based on different times and places in European history -although there are elements of magic too.

Actually, I can go visit my "library" right now if I want to, as I am currently at my sister's house, where my books still reside in the basement office, even if I moved out over a year ago. I'm pleased that all five of her cats still know me on sight -even the shy one appeared with 10 minutes of my arrival. I just drove up to Cleveland today, and arrived about an hour ago, and already I have Bobka the large male tabby planted in my lap, shedding copious amounts of pale orange belly fur on me!

I'm glad you're able to replace your lost books. I feel your pain -especially the LOTR!

This post has been edited 2 time(s), it was last edited by lborgia88 on 02-01-2009 at 01:10.
No new posts 02-01-2009 01:08 lborgia88 is offline Send an Email to lborgia88 Search for Posts by lborgia88 Add lborgia88 to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: lborgia88
Yuki Yuki is a Female
Honoured Member

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 03-08-2001

spacer

Ummm.. I know I am a little late.. but...

heh...

Wishing everybody a wonderful New Year!

Yuki

No new posts 02-01-2009 01:22 Yuki is offline Send an Email to Yuki Homepage of Yuki Search for Posts by Yuki Add Yuki to your Buddy List AIM Screenname: n/a YIM Screenname: n/a
Barrdwing Barrdwing is a Female
Exalted Member

I am a Zark.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 11-08-2008

spacer

Time Traders! Excellent choice, lborgia! Smile I hope you enjoy it as much as I did. Reading

No new posts 02-01-2009 02:33 Barrdwing is offline Send an Email to Barrdwing Search for Posts by Barrdwing Add Barrdwing to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

I am an Owl.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

quote:
I know I have one Mercedes Lackey book, but I think I've read others, years ago. Where G.G. Kay is concerned, I like all his books, but "Tigana" is my favourite. The Fionavar trilogy are the only books of his that have the traditional "elves and dwarves" of fantasy -the rest are loosely based on different times and places in European history -although there are elements of magic too.

Actually, I can go visit my "library" right now if I want to, as I am currently at my sister's house, where my books still reside in the basement office, even if I moved out over a year ago. I'm pleased that all five of her cats still know me on sight -even the shy one appeared with 10 minutes of my arrival. I just drove up to Cleveland today, and arrived about an hour ago, and already I have Bobka the large male tabby planted in my lap, shedding copious amounts of pale orange belly fur on me!

I'm glad you're able to replace your lost books. I feel your pain -especially the LOTR!

I have not read all the GG Kay book but I did loose all the ones I owned. I think I lost all my books from authors starting with H to the end of the alphabet. Those books were in boxes on the floor instead of in a book case (I needed to buy new book cases) and got water damaged.

Now I am just wondering why all my Anne McCaffrey books survived ... oh I know, I had them on the top shelf of a book shelf. The books on the bottom shelf were in water since the water rose 3 inches in the basement. *sigh, Oh the pain*

I did get a nice surprise while at the book store though. I was looking through the comics and came across some BOTP comics. So I had to pick those up as well. Now I have started my own collection of comics as well. Animegiggle

No new posts 02-01-2009 02:33 clouddancer is offline Send an Email to clouddancer Search for Posts by clouddancer Add clouddancer to your Buddy List
saturn saturn is a Female
Boardie

I am a Swan.

Registration Date: 21-05-2008

spacer

quote:
Saturn Welcome back and thank you for your Animated Christmas Greatings.

I did get a nice surprise while at the book store though. I was looking through the comics and came across some BOTP comics. So I had to pick those up as well. Now I have started my own collection of comics as well.

Dear CD
It is nice to have you back here too,CD.Hope that you have had a wonderful holiday. Oh yes, Merry belated Christmas and happy belated New Year, Big Grin

Congratulations on finding the BOTP comics, hope that you will enjoy them and will inspire you for your future AU fanfictions (I am always a fan of them, Thumbsup )

No new posts 02-01-2009 19:21 saturn is offline Send an Email to saturn Search for Posts by saturn Add saturn to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

quote:

I have not read all the GG Kay book but I did loose all the ones I owned. I think I lost all my books from authors starting with H to the end of the alphabet. Those books were in boxes on the floor instead of in a book case (I needed to buy new book cases) and got water damaged.

I'm glad to hear that I'm not the only one who keeps her books in alphabetical order, as certain persons have accused me of being obsessive in this regard!

Well, actually, only the fiction is alphabetical. My history books are organized as "Canada/USA", "Ancient Rome", "Russia", "Medieval Europe", "Early Modern Europe" (the biggest section, by far!) and "Modern Europe".

So you are collecting comics too? I understand that that can become addictive!

No new posts 02-01-2009 19:40 lborgia88 is offline Send an Email to lborgia88 Search for Posts by lborgia88 Add lborgia88 to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: lborgia88
Gatchamaniac

I am an Owl.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

I will probably only collect the Gatch. comics. I can't see myself getting into other areas. Of course a few years back I did not see myself as becoming so Gatch obsessed so who knows what will happen.

As for alphabetizing my fiction books, I do that for easier finding. Especially since all my books tend to be of the Sci-Fi, Fantasy genre. My fiction books tend to be classified by subject - gardening, needlework, pets and pet care etc. History, Language and Library Studies all from my University courses.

No new posts 02-01-2009 21:24 clouddancer is offline Send an Email to clouddancer Search for Posts by clouddancer Add clouddancer to your Buddy List
« first ...  « previous  2  3  [4]  --> Members browsing this thread: none Pages (4): « first ...  « previous  2  3  [4] 
Post New Thread Post Reply
Rate Thread: 

very bad very bad 

very good very good 

Go to: