Gatchamania.net
Register Memberlist Staff Search FAQ Arcade Calendar Gallery Filebase Forums Home  

Gatchamania.net »[Speak Up!] »General Discussion » Blackbirds. Can't trust any of 'em.
Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Blackbirds. Can't trust any of 'em.
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Askura
Forum Legend

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 29-07-2004

spacer
Blackbirds. Can't trust any of 'em. Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

Attacking poor innocent birds of prey...

http://tinyurl. com/3kceyd

edit: Just found this interesting vid, too...

Eagle takes Fox! Or, if Gatch was a nature show...

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Askura on 17-12-2008 at 20:33.
No new posts 17-12-2008 20:17 Askura is offline Send an Email to Askura Search for Posts by Askura Add Askura to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: kernbrit
lborgia88 lborgia88 is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 27-06-2007

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

The first link doesn't work for me, but the second link is a certainly a vivid example of why one should not try to go up against an eagle! I haven't seen one in a while, and you forget how big they are!

(I feel sorry for the fox -hope he escaped okay.)

I notice that the second link also also has Blackbirds (okay, magpies) in it too, though.

No new posts 17-12-2008 21:56 lborgia88 is offline Send an Email to lborgia88 Search for Posts by lborgia88 Add lborgia88 to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: lborgia88
Askura
Forum Legend

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 29-07-2004

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

Try this one, then.

No new posts 17-12-2008 22:27 Askura is offline Send an Email to Askura Search for Posts by Askura Add Askura to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: kernbrit
Transmute Jun Transmute Jun is a Female
Queen of the Bird Missiles

I am a Swan.

40 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 04-04-2007

spacer

Wow, certainly our day for vicious birds!

Great links, Ste, thanks for posting!

No new posts 17-12-2008 22:53 Transmute Jun is offline Send an Email to Transmute Jun Homepage of Transmute Jun Search for Posts by Transmute Jun Add Transmute Jun to your Buddy List
Metaliant Metaliant is a Male
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 06-06-2005

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by lborgia88
The first link doesn't work for me, but the second link is a certainly a vivid example of why one should not try to go up against an eagle! I haven't seen one in a while, and you forget how big they are!

(I feel sorry for the fox -hope he escaped okay.)

I notice that the second link also also has Blackbirds (okay, magpies) in it too, though.

I was shocked to see the eagle trying to take the fox away. I happen to like foxes as well as eagles, so I was a bit upset.

Maybe the fox was a Galactor spy and the eagle was just doing the ISO a favour.

As for the blackbirds, well it did look like the hawk wasn't bothered at all. Stange, the Hawk in GAtch II was a Galactor spy.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Metaliant on 17-12-2008 at 23:20.
No new posts 17-12-2008 23:19 Metaliant is offline Send an Email to Metaliant Homepage of Metaliant Search for Posts by Metaliant Add Metaliant to your Buddy List MSN Screenname: The Legend
gatchgirl
Babbling Loonie

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 08-03-2006

spacer

Bowdown to the Eagle!

Racer by day, Feather Thrower all the time!

No new posts 18-12-2008 00:41 gatchgirl is offline Send an Email to gatchgirl Search for Posts by gatchgirl Add gatchgirl to your Buddy List
shamrokchick shamrokchick is a Female
Forum Legend

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 02-08-2008

spacer

Wow I forgot how huge Eagles were! Interesting....

No new posts 18-12-2008 04:17 shamrokchick is offline Send an Email to shamrokchick Search for Posts by shamrokchick Add shamrokchick to your Buddy List AIM Screenname: shamrokchick
Barrdwing Barrdwing is a Female
Exalted Member

I am a Zark.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 11-08-2008

spacer

Interesting series of photos. By all appearances that's a young golden eagle (that white on the tail and wing feathers is a dead giveaway). I'd be willing to bet Zark's next upgrade that the eagle was initially interested in driving the fox away from the carcass, and not trying to kill the fox. But of course, if it could kill a fox, it'd eat it. It's just that foxes are predators, which means sharp and pointy, and not a good choice for prey.

It doesn't surprise me at all that it'd be a young eagle pulling this stunt. Probably very hungry, more than a little desperate, and willing to take some pretty crazy chances to get a meal. Also, it's a blooming big bird--female?

Anybody else notice the magpies trying to get back to the carcass? If the big predators fight long enough, those magpies will have eaten all the best bits! Hmmchicken

No new posts 21-12-2008 23:38 Barrdwing is offline Send an Email to Barrdwing Search for Posts by Barrdwing Add Barrdwing to your Buddy List
lborgia88 lborgia88 is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 27-06-2007

spacer

I'm glad to hear that the eagle likely didn't want to eat the fox. There are bald eagles and ospreys around my Dad's place in Nova Scotia, and one time he did see an eagle take out a duck (Nooo! Poor duck!) but mostly they go after the fish in the river.

No new posts 22-12-2008 00:46 lborgia88 is offline Send an Email to lborgia88 Search for Posts by lborgia88 Add lborgia88 to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: lborgia88
Members browsing this thread: none
Post New Thread Post Reply
Rate Thread: 

very bad very bad 

very good very good 

Go to: