Gatchamania.net
Register Memberlist Staff Search FAQ Arcade Calendar Gallery Filebase Forums Home  

Gatchamania.net »[Speak Up!] »General Discussion » Happy Holidays!
Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (4): « previous  1  [2]  3  4  next »  Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Happy Holidays!
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
veritas veritas is a Female
Exalted Member

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 20-10-2008

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

Our presents were colour coded and no one could open them until mum had revealed whose presents were what colour, usually red, blue or green. It was not unknown for my sisters and I to start Christmas day with a good sulk because one of our presents had been opened by 'accident'.

No new posts 08-12-2008 15:03 veritas is offline Send an Email to veritas Search for Posts by veritas Add veritas to your Buddy List
shamrokchick shamrokchick is a Female
Forum Legend

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 02-08-2008

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

Last Christmas was our first Christmas with cats and they loved to sit under our tree and chew open all the presents! We had to tape up a lot of corners...

No new posts 08-12-2008 15:54 shamrokchick is offline Send an Email to shamrokchick Search for Posts by shamrokchick Add shamrokchick to your Buddy List AIM Screenname: shamrokchick
Transmute Jun Transmute Jun is a Female
Queen of the Bird Missiles

I am a Swan.

40 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 04-04-2007

spacer

I am ROFL 2 at the thought of color coding!!!! Good one!

No new posts 08-12-2008 17:46 Transmute Jun is offline Send an Email to Transmute Jun Homepage of Transmute Jun Search for Posts by Transmute Jun Add Transmute Jun to your Buddy List
trideegurl2 trideegurl2 is a Female
Honoured Member

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 25-04-2008

spacer

Wow color coding is a really good idea. hmmm might steal that when we have kids!

Anyway! Sprinige I <3 these, but im sure you already knew that!!! Big Grin theyre are so vibrant and wonderful!!!

yay i <3 Christmas, and the holidays as a whole!!!

Car

No new posts 08-12-2008 18:58 trideegurl2 is offline Send an Email to trideegurl2 Search for Posts by trideegurl2 Add trideegurl2 to your Buddy List
gatchgirl
Babbling Loonie

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 08-03-2006

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by shamrokchick
quote:
Originally posted by lborgia88
quote:
Ha ha ha... Springie, Joe's car looks great Tongue

Here's my attempt at a naughty boy opening presents early:

Too cute, Shamrokchick! He's sneaky -I used to pick gifts up and shake them, but I never tried actually opened anything.

I never actually opened anything either, but I did shake those boxes a lot and crunch all the bags he he...

I would also measure the gifts and see how close they were to the sizes that the christmas catalog said it should be. She wizened up and started to wrap strange things, like one sock per box.

Racer by day, Feather Thrower all the time!

No new posts 08-12-2008 23:35 gatchgirl is offline Send an Email to gatchgirl Search for Posts by gatchgirl Add gatchgirl to your Buddy List
gatchgirl
Babbling Loonie

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by Transmute Jun
My brother actually used to go down, undo the tape and peel inside, then tape it all up again. Doh2

My sis did that one year. The next year santa just gave her the gifts when they were purchased. Then told her, if she wanted them wrapped, to do it herself. Needless to say, she never peeked again.

No new posts 08-12-2008 23:37 gatchgirl is offline Send an Email to gatchgirl Search for Posts by gatchgirl Add gatchgirl to your Buddy List
gatchgirl
Babbling Loonie

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

quote:
Last Christmas was our first Christmas with cats and they loved to sit under our tree and chew open all the presents! We had to tape up a lot of corners...

Love your drawing shamrokchick.

Also isn't that a "good" reason to have a cat as a child. Evillaugh I used to "help" my kitty.

No new posts 08-12-2008 23:38 gatchgirl is offline Send an Email to gatchgirl Search for Posts by gatchgirl Add gatchgirl to your Buddy List
gatchgirl
Babbling Loonie

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

Springie, I love your new drawings, and if I get the gumption I just might have to see if I can use the one for cards. Will ask before doing so though.

No new posts 08-12-2008 23:40 gatchgirl is offline Send an Email to gatchgirl Search for Posts by gatchgirl Add gatchgirl to your Buddy List
Springie Springie is a Female
Her Royal Fluffiness...Swan of Swans...

I am a Swan.

6 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 12-06-2006

spacer

No problem, GG! Just let me know which one, so i don't do the same one!

There is no problem that cannot be solved with time, patience, and a judicious amount of high explosives.

No new posts 10-12-2008 01:54 Springie is offline Send an Email to Springie Homepage of Springie Search for Posts by Springie Add Springie to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: Springie MSN Screenname: Springie
Ebonyswanne Ebonyswanne is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Swan.

23 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 25-04-2007

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by Springie
Of course, this ornament would have a place of honor on my tree! Winknudge

I love this one...it could be silver and they are part of the refection.... you like whats happening in front of the Christmas tree....

No new posts 10-12-2008 09:47 Ebonyswanne is offline Send an Email to Ebonyswanne Search for Posts by Ebonyswanne Add Ebonyswanne to your Buddy List
clouddancer clouddancer is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am an Owl.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 10-04-2007

spacer

Springie love those ornaments and the Pic of Jinpei decorating Joe's car.
Now I have to watch for the car, that parks on my street, that is decorated like that and take a picture of it just to prove that some people really do that. Biglaugh2

Shamrock ... love your pic of Jinpei unwrapping his presents.
I guess I was one of the bad ones, I remember unwrapping one of my presents one year. It was a tiny package from my grandmother and I could not wait to see what it was. I finally snuck under the tree one evening while my parents were else where and unwrapped it. Of course my Mother found out. I think all she said was "now you have spoiled the surprise on Christmas Day", and ... she was right. I never did it again.

No new posts 11-12-2008 00:54 clouddancer is offline Send an Email to clouddancer Search for Posts by clouddancer Add clouddancer to your Buddy List
lborgia88 lborgia88 is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 27-06-2007

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by gatchgirl
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by lborgia88
quote:
Ha ha ha... Springie, Joe's car looks great Tongue

Here's my attempt at a naughty boy opening presents early:

Too cute, Shamrokchick! He's sneaky -I used to pick gifts up and shake them, but I never tried actually opened anything.

I never actually opened anything either, but I did shake those boxes a lot and crunch all the bags he he...

I would also measure the gifts and see how close they were to the sizes that the christmas catalog said it should be. She wizened up and started to wrap strange things, like one sock per box.

I've done that -wrapping things in odd-shaped boxes so that it isn't immediately obvious that it's a book (what I give people 90% of the time), a CD or a calendar. I remember once, when I was a teenager, I got my brother a wool knit hat, and I knew I wouldn't be able to wrap it unless I shoved into some kind of box, and the only empty box that I could find that was close to the right size was a box that had previously contained tampons -Oh, the look on my brother's face when he unwrapped it on Christmas morning!

No new posts 11-12-2008 01:18 lborgia88 is offline Send an Email to lborgia88 Search for Posts by lborgia88 Add lborgia88 to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: lborgia88
Gatchamaniac

I am an Owl.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

Ohhh, we do the whole disguise the present game in our family. Some times it it very hard to do. How do you disguise a 6 foot ladder?
And this year I just bought my parents a new snow shovel .... no idea how I am going to disguise that.
Of course my parents already know about it since they sent me into the store where it was on sale, so I told them I all I had to do was wrap a bow around it and give it to them when they are down next weekend. Laugh

No new posts 11-12-2008 01:28 clouddancer is offline Send an Email to clouddancer Search for Posts by clouddancer Add clouddancer to your Buddy List
Transmute Jun Transmute Jun is a Female
Queen of the Bird Missiles

I am a Swan.

40 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 04-04-2007

spacer

So, CD, what was in that tiny present you sneaked a peek at?

No new posts 11-12-2008 01:59 Transmute Jun is offline Send an Email to Transmute Jun Homepage of Transmute Jun Search for Posts by Transmute Jun Add Transmute Jun to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

I am an Owl.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

Ummmm, if I recall, it some thing ordinary like a silver broach. - but at the time my brother was getting all the "big" presents and I was still at the age where I thought size mattered - at least in "that" department. Wink

No new posts 11-12-2008 02:30 clouddancer is offline Send an Email to clouddancer Search for Posts by clouddancer Add clouddancer to your Buddy List
Condorfan Condorfan is a Female
Master Boardie

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 01-09-2006

spacer

Hallmark cards has gift bags that say No Peeking and when someone tries to an alarm goes off and a voice says "Attention We have a PIP. Peeking In Progress! Put down the present and step away slowly." Laugh I'm giving those to my nieces and nephews--notorious peekers.

No new posts 11-12-2008 04:21 Condorfan is offline Send an Email to Condorfan Search for Posts by Condorfan Add Condorfan to your Buddy List AIM Screenname: Fallonminx
gatchgirl
Babbling Loonie

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

All these stories are LOL material. LB, a tampon box, hope you got the kodac moment on that one.

No new posts 13-12-2008 01:14 gatchgirl is offline Send an Email to gatchgirl Search for Posts by gatchgirl Add gatchgirl to your Buddy List
shamrokchick shamrokchick is a Female
Forum Legend

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 02-08-2008

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by Condorfan
Hallmark cards has gift bags that say No Peeking and when someone tries to an alarm goes off and a voice says "Attention We have a PIP. Peeking In Progress! Put down the present and step away slowly." Laugh I'm giving those to my nieces and nephews--notorious peekers.

That's a great idea... I've never seen them before.

No new posts 13-12-2008 05:17 shamrokchick is offline Send an Email to shamrokchick Search for Posts by shamrokchick Add shamrokchick to your Buddy List AIM Screenname: shamrokchick
Springie Springie is a Female
Her Royal Fluffiness...Swan of Swans...

I am a Swan.

6 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 12-06-2006

spacer

You guys have seen this before, but I made him more "seasonal"...

There is no problem that cannot be solved with time, patience, and a judicious amount of high explosives.

No new posts 13-12-2008 11:54 Springie is offline Send an Email to Springie Homepage of Springie Search for Posts by Springie Add Springie to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: Springie MSN Screenname: Springie
Hinotori Hinotori is a Female
Babbling Loonie

I am an Eagle.

2 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 09-10-2007

spacer

Aww, Springie! That's awesome!

Ok, who's going to try to sneak a peek at the gifty the Condor is holding??? Wink

Eagle Condor Swan Swallow Hootie

No new posts 13-12-2008 13:55 Hinotori is offline Send an Email to Hinotori Search for Posts by Hinotori Add Hinotori to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: Hinotori72
« previous  1  [2]  3  4  next »  --> Members browsing this thread: none Pages (4): « previous  1  [2]  3  4  next » 
Post New Thread Post Reply
Rate Thread: 

very bad very bad 

very good very good 

Go to: