Gatchamania.net
Register Memberlist Staff Search FAQ Arcade Calendar Gallery Filebase Forums Home  

Gatchamania.net »[Speak Up!] »General Discussion » Which Condor pushes your buttons? or just undoes them slowly one by one...
Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (3): « previous  1  [2]  3  next »  Post New Thread Post Reply
Poll: Which Condor pushes your buttons? Or just undoes them one by one...
Condor Joe (Gatch) vote leftpercentvote right 18 85.71%
Jason vote leftpercentvote right 3 14.29%
Joe (ER) vote leftpercentvote right 0 0.00%
Dirk (G-Force) vote leftpercentvote right 0 0.00%
Joe (OVA's..but you know that shower scene..yummy) vote leftpercentvote right 0 0.00%
Total: 21 Votes 100%

Go to the bottom of this page Which Condor pushes your buttons? or just undoes them slowly one by one...
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Ebonyswanne Ebonyswanne is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Swan.

23 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 25-04-2007

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

I dunno when I did Karate I was put up against guys in training and they didn't care about me being a girl when sparring... They were more concerned about your level of belt....Smile Like if your an orange belt going up against a more senior level. It was more skills than if you were male or felmale.

(I'm not into boys beating up on girls etc...)

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Ebonyswanne on 01-12-2008 at 11:12.
No new posts 01-12-2008 03:39 Ebonyswanne is offline Send an Email to Ebonyswanne Search for Posts by Ebonyswanne Add Ebonyswanne to your Buddy List
amyltrer amyltrer is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am an Egoblosser.

4 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 02-12-2006

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

One Choice? Only one choice? I have many red buttons around me! So it takes may Condors to..ehem, push them all.

I vote for good ol' Joey! Love the bad attitude!!

No new posts 01-12-2008 10:08 amyltrer is offline Send an Email to amyltrer Search for Posts by amyltrer Add amyltrer to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: amyltrer MSN Screenname: amyltrer@hotmail.com
gogirl212 gogirl212 is a Female
Master Boardie

I am a Swan.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 03-07-2008

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by Ebonyswanne
I dunno when I did Karate I was put up against guys in training and they didn't care about me being a girl when sparring... They were more concerned about your level of belt....Smile Like if your an orange belt going up against a more senior level. It was more skills than if you were male or felmale.

(I'm not into boys beating up on girls etc...)

ITA, Ebony that I don't like boys beating on girls - or men punching women for that matter.

But you put it in an interesting context about the idea of seeing skill levels vs. gender in a fight. And if we think about them training together as a team from a young age then it makes sense that their own internal dynamic may not fall along gender lines. I hadn't considered before that *not* hitting the girl in the group could be perceived as saying she isn't as good as the others on the team and therefore can't handle being slapped while hitting her actually is an expression of equality and respect of her skill. This is something I have to ponder more as it goes against my initial instincts about it.

No new posts 01-12-2008 16:18 gogirl212 is offline Send an Email to gogirl212 Search for Posts by gogirl212 Add gogirl212 to your Buddy List AIM Screenname: terrihasacat
lborgia88 lborgia88 is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 27-06-2007

spacer

It just occurred to me that when Joe hits Jun in the Snack J, it certainly looks painful, but when Joe punched Ken in episode 39, it knocked him over, and when Ken punched Joe in episode 73, Joe also gets knocked right down, so it does seem that Joe "went easy" on Jun compared to how the guys hit each other, but then Joe also wasn't as angry as he was in episode 39 either!

No new posts 01-12-2008 22:24 lborgia88 is offline Send an Email to lborgia88 Search for Posts by lborgia88 Add lborgia88 to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: lborgia88
gogirl212 gogirl212 is a Female
Master Boardie

I am a Swan.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 03-07-2008

spacer

That's a good point lb - maybe there is a difference in the slaps Jun receives (although that one Joe gives her is quite a wallop) vs. the times the boys punch each other, often in anger and frustration. Is that a difference of emotion and intent maybe? Now more things to think about.

No new posts 02-12-2008 01:26 gogirl212 is offline Send an Email to gogirl212 Search for Posts by gogirl212 Add gogirl212 to your Buddy List AIM Screenname: terrihasacat
Transmute Jun Transmute Jun is a Female
Queen of the Bird Missiles

I am a Swan.

40 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 04-04-2007

spacer

Hmmmm...... definitely seems like the slap Joe gave to Jun in the Koji ep was more of a 'snap out of it' type smack, then....

Still bugs me, though.

No new posts 02-12-2008 01:50 Transmute Jun is offline Send an Email to Transmute Jun Homepage of Transmute Jun Search for Posts by Transmute Jun Add Transmute Jun to your Buddy List
trideegurl2 trideegurl2 is a Female
Honoured Member

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 25-04-2008

spacer

I am def a Condor Joe Gatchaman fan, probably most of all.

But sigh, my first love was Dirk. I have a soft spot in my heart for that character!!! Big Grin

i <3 u Dirk!!! Big Grin

Car

No new posts 04-12-2008 00:54 trideegurl2 is offline Send an Email to trideegurl2 Search for Posts by trideegurl2 Add trideegurl2 to your Buddy List
shamrokchick shamrokchick is a Female
Forum Legend

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 02-08-2008

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by trideegurl2
I am def a Condor Joe Gatchaman fan, probably most of all.

But sigh, my first love was Dirk. I have a soft spot in my heart for that character!!! Big Grin

i <3 u Dirk!!! Big Grin

I feel ya on that one!

No new posts 04-12-2008 03:10 shamrokchick is offline Send an Email to shamrokchick Search for Posts by shamrokchick Add shamrokchick to your Buddy List AIM Screenname: shamrokchick
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

Oh, this is interesting, the slight generational difference; if you were born in the early 70s -Jason- and if you were born in the 80s -Dirk.

Dirk is currently the G-2 that I am the least familiar with, followed closely by OAV Joe -I've seen some bits of G-Force on youtube, but that's it.

No new posts 04-12-2008 04:53 lborgia88 is offline Send an Email to lborgia88 Search for Posts by lborgia88 Add lborgia88 to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: lborgia88
veritas veritas is a Female
Exalted Member

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 20-10-2008

spacer

I havent seen the Dirk version at all. I could watch on Utube but a voice tells me not to. Its the same voice that told me not to watch the star wars holiday special, so I'm going to listen this time.

No new posts 04-12-2008 08:38 veritas is offline Send an Email to veritas Search for Posts by veritas Add veritas to your Buddy List
Forum Legend

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by lborgia88
Oh, this is interesting, the slight generational difference; if you were born in the early 70s -Jason- and if you were born in the 80s -Dirk.

Dirk is currently the G-2 that I am the least familiar with, followed closely by OAV Joe -I've seen some bits of G-Force on youtube, but that's it.

Jason I'm least familiar with since I've never seen BOTP. The first thing that got my attention when I watched the English version made by ADV was that Joe's voice was so close to Dirk's.

No new posts 04-12-2008 14:24 shamrokchick is offline Send an Email to shamrokchick Search for Posts by shamrokchick Add shamrokchick to your Buddy List AIM Screenname: shamrokchick

I am a Swan.

40 fics uploaded

spacer

I haven't seen much GOS, but I have to say that the names really put me off. Not that ER is much better...

No new posts 04-12-2008 14:41 Transmute Jun is offline Send an Email to Transmute Jun Homepage of Transmute Jun Search for Posts by Transmute Jun Add Transmute Jun to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by shamrokchick

The first thing that got my attention when I watched the English version made by ADV was that Joe's voice was so close to Dirk's.

I hadn't thought about that -but you're right.

When I first got the ADV episodes, I hadn't seen BOTP in about 25 years and I couldn't remember the characters' voices so well, but I quickly came to like Joe's dubbed English voice and his nice, deep original Japanese voice.

Then, I found some clips of BOTP on youtube, and got the shock of my life when I heard Jason's voice -it sounded so dweeby! I've since gotten re-accustomed to Jason's voice, but it still sounds somehow "wrong" to me.

At least you had less of a jarring transition from Dirk to Joe!

No new posts 04-12-2008 15:58 lborgia88 is offline Send an Email to lborgia88 Search for Posts by lborgia88 Add lborgia88 to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: lborgia88
trideegurl2 trideegurl2 is a Female
Honoured Member

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 25-04-2008

spacer

shamrokchick, G-Force was my first Gatchaman series to ever see, so most the time its those characters I base most my stuff off of (fanfics and art) is that the same for you?

I liked Dirk's semi-whiney drawl in G-Force, same voice actor to do Leonardo in TMNT and Max Sterling in Robotech, it was the first voice I associated with "Joe" so its stuck in my mind you know?

I like the deep Joe voice, but for some reason, I cant picture an English voice that would be the deep for him. It'd be kinda weird to me.

Car

No new posts 04-12-2008 18:42 trideegurl2 is offline Send an Email to trideegurl2 Search for Posts by trideegurl2 Add trideegurl2 to your Buddy List
Forum Legend

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by Transmute Jun
I haven't seen much GOS, but I have to say that the names really put me off. Not that ER is much better...

I can't blame you on that one. I think if it wasn't the first version I watched it would probably bother me more. Now the ER names do put me off Smile

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by shamrokchick on 04-12-2008 at 20:41.
No new posts 04-12-2008 20:40 shamrokchick is offline Send an Email to shamrokchick Search for Posts by shamrokchick Add shamrokchick to your Buddy List AIM Screenname: shamrokchick
Forum Legend

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by lborgia88
quote:
Originally posted by shamrokchick

The first thing that got my attention when I watched the English version made by ADV was that Joe's voice was so close to Dirk's.

I hadn't thought about that -but you're right.

When I first got the ADV episodes, I hadn't seen BOTP in about 25 years and I couldn't remember the characters' voices so well, but I quickly came to like Joe's dubbed English voice and his nice, deep original Japanese voice.

Then, I found some clips of BOTP on youtube, and got the shock of my life when I heard Jason's voice -it sounded so dweeby! I've since gotten re-accustomed to Jason's voice, but it still sounds somehow "wrong" to me.

At least you had less of a jarring transition from Dirk to Joe!

Oh I was so excited when I heard Joe's voice! I was so happy they got one voice I recognized...

No new posts 04-12-2008 20:43 shamrokchick is offline Send an Email to shamrokchick Search for Posts by shamrokchick Add shamrokchick to your Buddy List AIM Screenname: shamrokchick
Forum Legend

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by trideegurl2
shamrokchick, G-Force was my first Gatchaman series to ever see, so most the time its those characters I base most my stuff off of (fanfics and art) is that the same for you?

I liked Dirk's semi-whiney drawl in G-Force, same voice actor to do Leonardo in TMNT and Max Sterling in Robotech, it was the first voice I associated with "Joe" so its stuck in my mind you know?

I like the deep Joe voice, but for some reason, I cant picture an English voice that would be the deep for him. It'd be kinda weird to me.

Yep, I remember watching it on Cartoon Network after we moved to GA in 95. I used to watch G-Force and Johnny Quest right after it every day. I was so mad when they took it off the air... Smile

I used to watch some of TMNT too, but never made the connection between Dirk and Leonardo... that's interesting... now I'm gonna have to go find some TMNT episodes.

I can't see Joe with a deep English voice just because it makes me think of an older man and he's suppose to be late teens, early twenties.

No new posts 04-12-2008 20:50 shamrokchick is offline Send an Email to shamrokchick Search for Posts by shamrokchick Add shamrokchick to your Buddy List AIM Screenname: shamrokchick

I am a Swan.

40 fics uploaded

spacer

I love ADV Joe's voice! IMHO that's the best one!

And Shamrochick, I love your new avatar!!! Very Eagle of you!

No new posts 04-12-2008 22:41 Transmute Jun is offline Send an Email to Transmute Jun Homepage of Transmute Jun Search for Posts by Transmute Jun Add Transmute Jun to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by Transmute Jun
I love ADV Joe's voice! IMHO that's the best one!

And Shamrochick, I love your new avatar!!! Very Eagle of you!

Yes, I wish that Imagi would get that actor (Brian Jepson?) for the upcoming movie -though I imagine it's unlikely.

Great action avatar, Shamrokchick! I wonder what the guy in the top left corner is saying. Laugh1

No new posts 04-12-2008 23:44 lborgia88 is offline Send an Email to lborgia88 Search for Posts by lborgia88 Add lborgia88 to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: lborgia88
Forum Legend

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

Thanks ya'll! Oh yes I love my Eagle especially when he's taking out three goons at a time! Big Grin I think the translation says "Wah!" Laugh1 but any word works for me!

No new posts 05-12-2008 00:16 shamrokchick is offline Send an Email to shamrokchick Search for Posts by shamrokchick Add shamrokchick to your Buddy List AIM Screenname: shamrokchick
« previous  1  [2]  3  next »  --> Members browsing this thread: none Pages (3): « previous  1  [2]  3  next » 
Post New Thread Post Reply
Rate Thread: 

very bad very bad 

very good very good 

Go to: