Gatchamania.net
Register Memberlist Staff Search FAQ Arcade Calendar Gallery Filebase Forums Home  

Gatchamania.net »[Speak Up!] »General Discussion » Red Impulse Team Week
Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (3): [1]  2  3  next »  Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Red Impulse Team Week
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Transmute Jun Transmute Jun is a Female
Queen of the Bird Missiles

I am a Swan.

40 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 04-04-2007

spacer
Red Impulse Team Week Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

Yes, the week has finally come. It's the week where we are going to analyze the Red Impulse Team. So everyone, make your true opinions known... Redsquadron

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Transmute Jun on 17-11-2008 at 14:11.
No new posts 17-11-2008 14:10 Transmute Jun is offline Send an Email to Transmute Jun Homepage of Transmute Jun Search for Posts by Transmute Jun Add Transmute Jun to your Buddy List
SJ_SwanJun SJ_SwanJun is a Female
Forum Goddess

I am a Red Squadron.

9 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 26-04-2007

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

WOOHOO!!!!

I LOVE the Rangers!!

Colonel Cronus/Red Impulse you're an asshole, but I love you and your team!!

Love them love them love them.

Can't wait for James to fill us in on all their stats!!!!

Yeeehaaaa!!!!

SJ

Sighhh

Why do men snore when lying on their backs?
Because their balls fall over their butt holes and they vapour lock.

No new posts 17-11-2008 14:16 SJ_SwanJun is offline Send an Email to SJ_SwanJun Search for Posts by SJ_SwanJun Add SJ_SwanJun to your Buddy List
lborgia88 lborgia88 is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 27-06-2007

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

Well...

Masaki and Oniishi were both pretty cool in eps. 76 and 104.

Some thumbnails from Reboekah's site:

No new posts 17-11-2008 14:50 lborgia88 is offline Send an Email to lborgia88 Search for Posts by lborgia88 Add lborgia88 to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: lborgia88
Forum Goddess

I am a Red Squadron.

9 fics uploaded

spacer

Awww thanks LB!! I wub my widdle red guys!!!

The Rangers have always featured prominently in my fics as I love them muchly and now that I am seeing pics I am all squiggly and want to write another one with them in it.

Sighhh

No new posts 17-11-2008 15:00 SJ_SwanJun is offline Send an Email to SJ_SwanJun Search for Posts by SJ_SwanJun Add SJ_SwanJun to your Buddy List

I am a Swan.

40 fics uploaded

spacer

Well, I think most people know how I feel about RI, and those feelings tend to spill over to Cronus. If you didn't know, my Halloween Avatar pretty much sums it up...

No new posts 17-11-2008 15:02 Transmute Jun is offline Send an Email to Transmute Jun Homepage of Transmute Jun Search for Posts by Transmute Jun Add Transmute Jun to your Buddy List
Forum Goddess

I am a Red Squadron.

9 fics uploaded

spacer

BWAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

Brilliant!

Sighhh

No new posts 17-11-2008 15:27 SJ_SwanJun is offline Send an Email to SJ_SwanJun Search for Posts by SJ_SwanJun Add SJ_SwanJun to your Buddy List
clouddancer clouddancer is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am an Owl.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 10-04-2007

spacer

Well I think Cronus/Red Impulse is a real bastard to the Eagle and the team but I do think he has his place in the show. After all we would not have all that Eagle angst or rage if Cronus/Red Impulse had not given his son to Nambu/Anderson. Wink

No new posts 17-11-2008 22:40 clouddancer is offline Send an Email to clouddancer Search for Posts by clouddancer Add clouddancer to your Buddy List
Springie Springie is a Female
Her Royal Fluffiness...Swan of Swans...

I am a Swan.

6 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 12-06-2006

spacer

Ok, I just *have* to include this great cartoon about Red Impulse...done by the great Diinzumo!

There is no problem that cannot be solved with time, patience, and a judicious amount of high explosives.

No new posts 17-11-2008 23:00 Springie is offline Send an Email to Springie Homepage of Springie Search for Posts by Springie Add Springie to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: Springie MSN Screenname: Springie

I am a Swan.

40 fics uploaded

spacer

That's awesome!!!!! pound

No new posts 17-11-2008 23:02 Transmute Jun is offline Send an Email to Transmute Jun Homepage of Transmute Jun Search for Posts by Transmute Jun Add Transmute Jun to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

I am an Owl.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

haaa, haaa haaa!
That is great Springie. Smile

No new posts 17-11-2008 23:13 clouddancer is offline Send an Email to clouddancer Search for Posts by clouddancer Add clouddancer to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by Springie
Ok, I just *have* to include this great cartoon about Red Impulse...done by the great Diinzumo!

Laugh2 I love this one!

So true too. Poor Ken...

No new posts 17-11-2008 23:17 lborgia88 is offline Send an Email to lborgia88 Search for Posts by lborgia88 Add lborgia88 to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: lborgia88
Reboekah
Master Boardie

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 12-03-2005

spacer

And then again...

Here is what was once "proposed" for an earlier remake of Gatchaman
If I remember correctly, this is from a professional Roberto Ferrari.

Anyhow - these (and other pictures) were posted on his website a while back (I need to find that URL... )

how about Ken's MOM! as Red Impulse! Uh1

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Reboekah on 17-11-2008 at 23:23.
No new posts 17-11-2008 23:19 Reboekah is offline Send an Email to Reboekah Homepage of Reboekah Search for Posts by Reboekah Add Reboekah to your Buddy List

I am a Swan.

40 fics uploaded

spacer

Somehow, that uniform has more of a Star Trek feel than Gatch.

A remake? Do you mean like early OAV planning? I can image it would be much more devastating to Ken to be abandoned by his mother.

No new posts 17-11-2008 23:55 Transmute Jun is offline Send an Email to Transmute Jun Homepage of Transmute Jun Search for Posts by Transmute Jun Add Transmute Jun to your Buddy List
Reboekah
Master Boardie

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by Transmute Jun
Somehow, that uniform has more of a Star Trek feel than Gatch.

A remake? Do you mean like early OAV planning? I can image it would be much more devastating to Ken to be abandoned by his mother.

I'll have to dig out the "Bird Scramble" issue to get more details - unless TatsunokoFan beats me to it! Puppydogeyes

No new posts 17-11-2008 23:58 Reboekah is offline Send an Email to Reboekah Homepage of Reboekah Search for Posts by Reboekah Add Reboekah to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

I am an Owl.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

But it would bring more women into dominate roles in the show.
So this gets me to thinking, if RI is Ken's mother in this AU how did Ken lose his father? Would he have been a pilot as well?

Ohhhh, now my muses are flowing, not a good thing for them to do at this moment when I am too busy to write.

No new posts 18-11-2008 00:00 clouddancer is offline Send an Email to clouddancer Search for Posts by clouddancer Add clouddancer to your Buddy List
Reboekah
Master Boardie

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

Just tried the old URL I had for Roberto Ferrari's website - with no luck. A quick Google search came up empty.... I'll keep looking....

And looking for that Bird Scramble issue also....

Just remember.... IT NEVER HAPPENED!

Abduct3

No new posts 18-11-2008 00:07 Reboekah is offline Send an Email to Reboekah Homepage of Reboekah Search for Posts by Reboekah Add Reboekah to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

Were they really planning make Ken's mother the Red Impulse character instead of Ken's father, or were they just planning to show her once being a member of the Red Impulse team?

Either way could have been interesting -there is so little canon info about Ken's mother, and not many female characters in Gatchaman.

No new posts 18-11-2008 00:10 lborgia88 is offline Send an Email to lborgia88 Search for Posts by lborgia88 Add lborgia88 to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: lborgia88
Condorfan Condorfan is a Female
Master Boardie

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 01-09-2006

spacer

The pictures do bring things to mind--I wish they had filled Ken's background some more but I really wish the series had given some clue about Jun's background.

Love the cartoon Springie! and I love the other guys from Red Impulse.

No new posts 18-11-2008 00:35 Condorfan is offline Send an Email to Condorfan Search for Posts by Condorfan Add Condorfan to your Buddy List AIM Screenname: Fallonminx
shamrokchick shamrokchick is a Female
Forum Legend

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 02-08-2008

spacer

Laugh2 Springie that cartoon is great... I don't dislike Red Impulse, but they should of just let the character be put to rest... Ken's mother Red Impulse? Oh boy...

I agree CondorFan... I wish they had given Jun a background story... Especially since it seems to me atleast, that they show her more than the others outside the series...

No new posts 18-11-2008 01:18 shamrokchick is offline Send an Email to shamrokchick Search for Posts by shamrokchick Add shamrokchick to your Buddy List AIM Screenname: shamrokchick
tatsunokofan tatsunokofan is a Male
Gatch Guru

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 03-12-2006

spacer

Hi all!

Just time for a quick reply at the moment. The Red Impulse designs that Carol posted were from a proposed Gatchaman remake that Tatsunoko put together in 1998. That proposal did not garner enough interest from potential sponsors, and was eventually shelved. Roberto Ferrari, the Character Designer for the proposal, posted a few images from it on his now defunct website, which is where the image Carol posted came from. That design was on Red Impulse in her "casual" wear. Her combat uniform looked different.

I'm not really at liberty to say very much about the detail of this proposed series, but in an attempt to keep speculative misinformation from getting too far along, I can tell you that this version of Red Impulse was not going to be Ken's mother. As a matter of fact, she wasn't going to be related to Ken at all.

James

No new posts 18-11-2008 03:02 tatsunokofan is offline Send an Email to tatsunokofan Search for Posts by tatsunokofan Add tatsunokofan to your Buddy List
[1]  2  3  next »  --> Members browsing this thread: none Pages (3): [1]  2  3  next » 
Post New Thread Post Reply
Rate Thread: 

very bad very bad 

very good very good 

Go to: