Gatchamania.net
Register Memberlist Staff Search FAQ Arcade Calendar Gallery Filebase Forums Home  

Gatchamania.net »[Speak Up!] »General Discussion » Election Day
Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (2): « previous  1  [2]  Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Election Day
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
shamrokchick shamrokchick is a Female
Forum Legend

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 02-08-2008

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Condorfan
Wow, getting fined for not voting. If they had that here before this election they would have made a lot of money.

I agree with you SJ I would have preferred Hilary and Bill. Slick Willy was a lot of fun!

No kidding... especially since less than half the country actually votes...

No new posts 05-11-2008 22:00 shamrokchick is offline Send an Email to shamrokchick Search for Posts by shamrokchick Add shamrokchick to your Buddy List AIM Screenname: shamrokchick
Ebonyswanne Ebonyswanne is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Swan.

23 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 25-04-2007

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

How does a person need to be in the US to register to vote?

When you turn 18 yrs old here you can register to vote.

(I don't mind voting, at least have a say... Even if it wasn't mandatory voting here I'd still do it. Federation didn't happen for nothing....)

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Ebonyswanne on 05-11-2008 at 22:06.
No new posts 05-11-2008 22:05 Ebonyswanne is offline Send an Email to Ebonyswanne Search for Posts by Ebonyswanne Add Ebonyswanne to your Buddy List
Hinotori Hinotori is a Female
Babbling Loonie

I am an Eagle.

2 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 09-10-2007

spacer

I hadn't realized that voting was mandatory in Australia - or that it was a criminal offense if you didn't! Though I do think that it's criminal if you don't vote here in the US. Democracy won't work if you don't give your say...

Like Australia, you have to be 18 to register/be able to vote in the US.

Eagle Condor Swan Swallow Hootie

No new posts 06-11-2008 01:26 Hinotori is offline Send an Email to Hinotori Search for Posts by Hinotori Add Hinotori to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: Hinotori72
SJ_SwanJun SJ_SwanJun is a Female
Forum Goddess

I am a Red Squadron.

9 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 26-04-2007

spacer

Th problem with mandatory voting are the amount of "donkey" votes.

One election my buds and I had idea who to vote for (I was 19 I think) so three of them voted for Jimmy Hendrix

Me, I just closed my eyes and ticked boxes ... Honestly, at 19 I didn't know, didn't have the energy and couldn't be bothered ... So I had a say, but I really didn't ... If that makes anysense.

Giving people the choice to vote makes the ultimate outcome that much more ... um ... well, the people who vote do so legitimately, right?

My brother has never registered, so I don't believe, at 38, he's ever voted.

Okay, so there is a choice, I suppose. Don't enroll ...

Anyhoo, off that. This is about the US vote.

Honestly, I was terrified that Palin was going to be VP and ultimately Prez ... That scared me because she scares me.

I loved Slick Bill ... and he is far more intelligent than peole give him credit for. Forget the womanizing (which most guys in power are guilty of, anyway) and look at the man.

He is still brilliant...

Sighhh

Why do men snore when lying on their backs?
Because their balls fall over their butt holes and they vapour lock.

No new posts 06-11-2008 02:50 SJ_SwanJun is offline Send an Email to SJ_SwanJun Search for Posts by SJ_SwanJun Add SJ_SwanJun to your Buddy List
lborgia88 lborgia88 is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 27-06-2007

spacer

I agree, Clinton is extremely intelligent and articulate, even if he did make some messes in his personal life.

My political crush was always Pierre Trudeau! I actually met him once, in Montreal, in 1992. I was in awe...

Now that I think about it, I also still have a T-shirt with Mikhail Gorbachev on the front, that I got in 1990.

No new posts 06-11-2008 03:35 lborgia88 is offline Send an Email to lborgia88 Search for Posts by lborgia88 Add lborgia88 to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: lborgia88
Forum Legend

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

You can do a write in too in the US... I've personally never written a name in, but have heard of people doing it... The thing that got me was when I went, the officials were like "Oh this is your first time?" and I was like no this is my FOURTH time. Laugh1

No new posts 06-11-2008 03:42 shamrokchick is offline Send an Email to shamrokchick Search for Posts by shamrokchick Add shamrokchick to your Buddy List AIM Screenname: shamrokchick
Metaliant Metaliant is a Male
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 06-06-2005

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by Ebonyswanne
From the amount of media coverage we have had in the past year here Aussie.... I'm sending in my absentee vote from across the pond... Jackinbox

What Free food and coffee!!! I can see the Eagle and the Condor racing to the polling booths in birdstyle just so they don't miss out.

We had the same amount of media coverage as well and our Elections are boring shit.....and that's only when people can be bothered to vote.

No new posts 08-11-2008 00:25 Metaliant is offline Send an Email to Metaliant Homepage of Metaliant Search for Posts by Metaliant Add Metaliant to your Buddy List MSN Screenname: The Legend
Gunman
Banned

I am a Berg Katse.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 14-02-2008

spacer

Fuck u republicans and ur fat wallets....die

No new posts 08-11-2008 01:12 Gunman is offline Search for Posts by Gunman Add Gunman to your Buddy List
Forum Legend

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by Gunman
Fuck u republicans and ur fat wallets....die

Lol Not all republicans have fat wallets...

No new posts 08-11-2008 05:40 shamrokchick is offline Send an Email to shamrokchick Search for Posts by shamrokchick Add shamrokchick to your Buddy List AIM Screenname: shamrokchick
« previous  1  [2]  --> Members browsing this thread: none Pages (2): « previous  1  [2] 
Post New Thread Post Reply
Rate Thread: 

very bad very bad 

very good very good 

Go to: