Gatchamania.net
Register Memberlist Staff Search FAQ Arcade Calendar Gallery Filebase Forums Home  

Gatchamania.net »[Fun Forums] »You Gotta See This! » Lost In Translation
Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (4): « previous  1  2  [3]  4  next »  Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Lost In Translation
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
shamrokchick shamrokchick is a Female
Forum Legend

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 02-08-2008

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

Thanks for the joke... I hadn't heard that one before! Smile

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by shamrokchick on 01-10-2008 at 13:29.
No new posts 01-10-2008 13:29 shamrokchick is offline Send an Email to shamrokchick Search for Posts by shamrokchick Add shamrokchick to your Buddy List AIM Screenname: shamrokchick
clouddancer clouddancer is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am an Owl.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 10-04-2007

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

Loved the joke Saturn!

No new posts 01-10-2008 13:47 clouddancer is offline Send an Email to clouddancer Search for Posts by clouddancer Add clouddancer to your Buddy List
Barrdwing Barrdwing is a Female
Exalted Member

I am a Zark.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 11-08-2008

spacer

Yeek! Lol That was hilarious! And now I'm remembering a co-worker I used to have: when she had a really bad day, she would go home and blast Scorpions on her CD player. We used to joke on bad days that it was going to be a "Scorpions night at Deb's place". I'm imagining her reaction to this video and getting the giggles . . . .

No new posts 01-10-2008 15:34 Barrdwing is offline Send an Email to Barrdwing Search for Posts by Barrdwing Add Barrdwing to your Buddy List
saturn saturn is a Female
Boardie

I am a Swan.

Registration Date: 21-05-2008

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by Barrdwing
Yeek! Lol That was hilarious! And now I'm remembering a co-worker I used to have: when she had a really bad day, she would go home and blast Scorpions on her CD player. We used to joke on bad days that it was going to be a "Scorpions night at Deb's place". I'm imagining her reaction to this video and getting the giggles . . . .

Dear Barrdwing
Your friend and I definitely have something in common, Scorpions' songs are one of the best to let off some steam, unfortunately, I can never blast their songs on my CD player, don't think that my DH& my neighbors will appreciate that, Big Grin

I am currently in romantic mood though, because a certain special day is approaching, Blushing, so there will be more songs by George Michael and Robbie Williams (ex-member of boyband Take That) on my CD player.

Anyway,if you like the crazy sparrow's rendition on "Still Loving You", you should really check out his renditions on Steelheart's "She's Gone" and " We Wish You A Merry Christmas" in Youtube. They are also downright hilarious, Big Grin!

No new posts 02-10-2008 08:27 saturn is offline Send an Email to saturn Search for Posts by saturn Add saturn to your Buddy List
Transmute Jun Transmute Jun is a Female
Queen of the Bird Missiles

I am a Swan.

40 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 04-04-2007

spacer

Saturn I love George Michael and Robbie Williams too! Something abotu Robbie's sense of humor always gets me... Wink Did you hear that his next album may all be about aliens? I swear, the guy is just a little psycho... not bad on the eyes though! Big Grin

No new posts 02-10-2008 13:33 Transmute Jun is offline Send an Email to Transmute Jun Homepage of Transmute Jun Search for Posts by Transmute Jun Add Transmute Jun to your Buddy List
Boardie

I am a Swan.

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by Transmute Jun
Saturn I love George Michael and Robbie Williams too! Something abotu Robbie's sense of humor always gets me... Wink Did you hear that his next album may all be about aliens? I swear, the guy is just a little psycho... not bad on the eyes though! Big Grin

TJ, I've always preferred Robbie Williams over all the other boys in Take That. I mean, Gary Barlow is cute too, but Robbie has this "bad boy" charm that is very alluring to me, Big Grin, and of course, I love Robbie's songs too, he is a very talented songwriter and singer.

Really love it when Robbie bared all in his "Rock DJ" music vid. The vid was heavily censored in Asia (they took out all the best part,Frown ) , but of course, you can always view the "Uncut" vid in the web, Devil2

Yup, I had read that Robbie claimed to have been visited by the aliens, three times, actually, Big Grin! Perhaps he has taken his fixations on X-Files a little bit too far, even suggesting to the singer Joss Stone that both of them could be Mulder and Scully in real life, Alienwink

No new posts 03-10-2008 09:44 saturn is offline Send an Email to saturn Search for Posts by saturn Add saturn to your Buddy List

I am a Swan.

40 fics uploaded

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by saturn
TJ, I've always preferred Robbie Williams over all the other boys in Take That. I mean, Gary Barlow is cute too, but Robbie has this "bad boy" charm that is very alluring to me, Big Grin, and of course, I love Robbie's songs too, he is a very talented songwriter and singer.

ITA on all counts! But Gary Barlow was always one of my faves too. It's weird, they're so yin and yang... kind of like the way I can't make up my mind between the Eagle and the Condor... Big Grin

quote:
Really love it when Robbie bared all in his "Rock DJ" music vid.

Ah yes, the Rock DJ video... Faint Here's a scene for you...

Warning, Rubber Room material beyond this link...

And for those who don't want the full frontal version, here's a nicer shot:

I don't get the aliens thing either, but hey, he's psycho, sexy and makes great music. That's all I need.... Big Grin

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Transmute Jun on 03-10-2008 at 14:55.
No new posts 03-10-2008 14:54 Transmute Jun is offline Send an Email to Transmute Jun Homepage of Transmute Jun Search for Posts by Transmute Jun Add Transmute Jun to your Buddy List
Boardie

I am a Swan.

spacer

TJ,thank you for the gorgeous pic of Robbie, and a very nice screenshot from "Rock DJ" vid, Big Grin

Now let me repay you by giving you some shots of Gary Barlow, and yes, he is very dreamy too, Smile

BTW, TJ, don't you think it is awesome that Take That had decided to record an album again after 10 years of hiatus? Their latest album "Beautiful World" in 2006 was just amazing, I also bought their "Beautiful World Tour"DVD and it was indeed a beautiful experience to watch all the boys sing and dance again just like the good old days, Animeclap , too bad Robbie decided not to join the boys in the concert and we could only see the hologram Robbie, Smile

Now even Take That's arch rival in America, NKOTB (New Kids On The Block) has decided to came back to the music scene and just released their latest album last month, the music scene now is definitely filled with many "comebacks", Big Grin

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by saturn on 04-10-2008 at 08:54.
No new posts 04-10-2008 08:53 saturn is offline Send an Email to saturn Search for Posts by saturn Add saturn to your Buddy List

I am a Swan.

40 fics uploaded

spacer

Thanks for the yummy Gary Barlow pics, Saturn! Luvu2

Yes, ITA I was so thrilled when TT decided to reunite. I honestly feel that Beautiful World is their best album ever. I listened to it over and over again last year when I was writing a very long Joe/Jun/Ken triangle story, and now whenever I hear it I think of that fic.

I wasn't able to get to Europe to see the TT reunion tour, but I do have a ticket to go see NKOTB next week. Wink

No new posts 04-10-2008 14:12 Transmute Jun is offline Send an Email to Transmute Jun Homepage of Transmute Jun Search for Posts by Transmute Jun Add Transmute Jun to your Buddy List
lborgia88 lborgia88 is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 27-06-2007

spacer

quote:

I wasn't able to get to Europe to see the TT reunion tour, but I do have a ticket to go see NKOTB next week. Wink

New Kids on the Block have reunited?

I guess I live in a cave -I hadn't heard this.

What on earth do they look like now? It's been nearly 20 years.

Goes off to do image google...

No new posts 04-10-2008 14:40 lborgia88 is offline Send an Email to lborgia88 Search for Posts by lborgia88 Add lborgia88 to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: lborgia88

I am a Swan.

40 fics uploaded

spacer

What do they look like now? Well, a couple of them have really aged well Luvu2 and a couple of them have not. Eek3

What else would you expect from guys pushing 40? Wink

No new posts 04-10-2008 16:54 Transmute Jun is offline Send an Email to Transmute Jun Homepage of Transmute Jun Search for Posts by Transmute Jun Add Transmute Jun to your Buddy List
gogirl212 gogirl212 is a Female
Master Boardie

I am a Swan.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 03-07-2008

spacer

Can they still tour as New Kids on the Block or do they now have to be Over Age Kids on the Block? When do they become Old Men over the Hill?

No new posts 04-10-2008 23:38 gogirl212 is offline Send an Email to gogirl212 Search for Posts by gogirl212 Add gogirl212 to your Buddy List AIM Screenname: terrihasacat

I am a Swan.

40 fics uploaded

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by gogirl212
When do they become Old Men over the Hill?

When Jordan stops looking so damn hot! Wink

No new posts 05-10-2008 00:04 Transmute Jun is offline Send an Email to Transmute Jun Homepage of Transmute Jun Search for Posts by Transmute Jun Add Transmute Jun to your Buddy List
lborgia88 lborgia88 is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 27-06-2007

spacer

I looked at some images, and I must admit they don't look bad at all -in fact I think some of them look better!

No new posts 05-10-2008 02:20 lborgia88 is offline Send an Email to lborgia88 Search for Posts by lborgia88 Add lborgia88 to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: lborgia88
Boardie

I am a Swan.

spacer

quote:
I do have a ticket to go see NKOTB next week. Wink

TJ, I envy you! you are very lucky indeed to be able to see the boys in persons (or will it be better if we just refer to them as "the men" now,Big Grin). Actually, NKOTB ever came to my country for a concert back in the year 1992, but I was too young to attend the concert at that time,Frown , well, hopefully this time they will have a plan to visit my country again. There is a big number of NKOTB's fans here at my place, Smile

Hope that you will have a great time at the show,and please blow some kisses on my behalf to Jordan and Joey, the two of them are always my favorites among the "men" Luvu1 (and no, for NKOTB, I don't go for the "bad boy" type like Donnie Wahlberg, Big Grin)

No new posts 05-10-2008 08:09 saturn is offline Send an Email to saturn Search for Posts by saturn Add saturn to your Buddy List
Hinotori Hinotori is a Female
Babbling Loonie

I am an Eagle.

2 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 09-10-2007

spacer

Oops. Double post. Nothing to see here! Sulk

Eagle Condor Swan Swallow Hootie

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Hinotori on 05-10-2008 at 23:40.
No new posts 05-10-2008 13:32 Hinotori is offline Send an Email to Hinotori Search for Posts by Hinotori Add Hinotori to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: Hinotori72
Hinotori Hinotori is a Female
Babbling Loonie

I am an Eagle.

2 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 09-10-2007

spacer

I probably shouldn't say this (it'll blow my hard rock/metal image Wink ), but did you catch the new NKOTB Behind the Music on VH1? Afterwards, they did a live feed of the first three songs from their Boston concert...

Behind the Music Part I

Oops. Having trouble with one of the URL tags... Seems it has the same as one of our smilies...

Here's the link, but when you cut-and-paste, be sure to take out the space between 8 and o in m58 oRw

Live in Boston:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a-MkMm58 oRw

Eagle Condor Swan Swallow Hootie

This post has been edited 2 time(s), it was last edited by Hinotori on 05-10-2008 at 13:36.
No new posts 05-10-2008 13:33 Hinotori is offline Send an Email to Hinotori Search for Posts by Hinotori Add Hinotori to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: Hinotori72

I am a Swan.

40 fics uploaded

spacer

You are too funny, Hino! And no, I didn't catch it (because we don't have cable) so thanks for the link and the preview of my upcoming show... Big Grin

No new posts 05-10-2008 17:48 Transmute Jun is offline Send an Email to Transmute Jun Homepage of Transmute Jun Search for Posts by Transmute Jun Add Transmute Jun to your Buddy List

I am a Swan.

40 fics uploaded

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by saturn
TJ, I envy you! you are very lucky indeed to be able to see the boys in persons

LOL, I always liked Jordan and Joe too! So funny... I'll do my best to say hi for you. I have the backstage pass ticket, so I'll be meeting them before the show. Big Grin

In the meantime, here's a pic of Jordan from when he performed near me (solo) just over a year ago.

No new posts 05-10-2008 17:52 Transmute Jun is offline Send an Email to Transmute Jun Homepage of Transmute Jun Search for Posts by Transmute Jun Add Transmute Jun to your Buddy List
Boardie

I am a Swan.

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by Hinotori
I probably shouldn't say this (it'll blow my hard rock/metal image Wink ), but did you catch the new NKOTB Behind the Music on VH1? Afterwards, they did a live feed of the first three songs from their Boston concert...

Behind the Music Part I

Oops. Having trouble with one of the URL tags... Seems it has the same as one of our smilies...

Here's the link, but when you cut-and-paste, be sure to take out the space between 8 and o in m58 oRw

Live in Boston:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a-MkMm58 oRw

Thank you so much for the links, Hino. I am actually a metal girl too, Big Grin! but sometimes I do need a break from Korn and Limp Bizkit and show my "sweet and demure" persona to my DH&especially my in-laws by listening to NKOTB and Take that, Animetongue

quote:
In the meantime, here's a pic of Jordan from when he performed near me (solo) just over a year ago.

That's a gorgeous pic of Jordan, TJ. Thank you for sharing that. Is it just me or Jordan hasn't aged a bit? He looked damn hot for a man who is approaching forty, Luvu1

No new posts 06-10-2008 09:08 saturn is offline Send an Email to saturn Search for Posts by saturn Add saturn to your Buddy List
« previous  1  2  [3]  4  next »  --> Members browsing this thread: none Pages (4): « previous  1  2  [3]  4  next » 
Post New Thread Post Reply
Rate Thread: 

very bad very bad 

very good very good 

Go to: