Gatchamania.net
Register Memberlist Staff Search FAQ Arcade Calendar Gallery Filebase Forums Home  

Gatchamania.net »[Speak Up!] »General Discussion » Joy Challenge
Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (3): « previous  1  [2]  3  next »  Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Joy Challenge
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Metaliant Metaliant is a Male
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 06-06-2005

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by lborgia88
quote:
Originally posted by Metaliant
quote:
I've never done any martial arts, but my sister does tae kwon do and I've been to many tae kwon do tournaments.
If I weren't a complete klutz who lives in her sister's shadow where all things athletic are concerned, I might try it. It is excellent exercise, physical and mental.

You could get a book and a dressing down and become the 21st century Hong Kong Phooey.

I think tai chi might be more my style!

I found this. when you say that you are a klutz, you don't mean that.....do you?

If so, then I am glad that I am not going to teach you Karate.

No new posts 17-09-2008 18:41 Metaliant is offline Send an Email to Metaliant Homepage of Metaliant Search for Posts by Metaliant Add Metaliant to your Buddy List MSN Screenname: The Legend
gatchgirl
Babbling Loonie

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 08-03-2006

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

While martial arts of many varieties entice me, I still must say that I'm a long way from doing them. Though I think I used to free fight my male cousins when we were growing up/ now that was fun. (No not in the XXX way either)

Racer by day, Feather Thrower all the time!

No new posts 17-09-2008 22:29 gatchgirl is offline Send an Email to gatchgirl Search for Posts by gatchgirl Add gatchgirl to your Buddy List
Ebonyswanne Ebonyswanne is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Swan.

23 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 25-04-2007

spacer

I did martial arts in my twenties and went in a few tournaments. (Traditional Japanese.) It was great to do it, but you have to practice a lot to keep up the skills. I loved doing the Kata's. If I have moment that need to get some anger out they are brilliant for it. It helps you to re-focus. Once I put on the Gee my whole outlook changed. We had the Japanese ones, and we had to tie the belts on correctly or we couldn't train. Everything was spoken in Japanese, all the terms anyway and counting.

No new posts 17-09-2008 22:56 Ebonyswanne is offline Send an Email to Ebonyswanne Search for Posts by Ebonyswanne Add Ebonyswanne to your Buddy List
lborgia88 lborgia88 is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 27-06-2007

spacer

quote:

I found this. when you say that you are a klutz, you don't mean that.....do you?

Hee, not quite! Back when my sister was devising self defense maneuvers for her black belt test, she used to make me pretend to attack her, from various directions, with a butter knife, so she could demonstrate how she would disarm me and render me no longer a threat. Not once did I accidentally stab her (not that I could have done much harm with a butter knife -she wasn't taking any chances.)

Very funny video, though!

No new posts 18-09-2008 02:48 lborgia88 is offline Send an Email to lborgia88 Search for Posts by lborgia88 Add lborgia88 to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: lborgia88
Gatchamaniac

I am a Swan.

23 fics uploaded

spacer

Hehehe its been so long since I trained you'd probably bowl me over if I tried that... LOL

Bobs a crack up in that video!!! I could see the Condor standing there snarling at him..."I bet he's with Galactor." He whispers to Jun...

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Ebonyswanne on 18-09-2008 at 03:06.
No new posts 18-09-2008 03:04 Ebonyswanne is offline Send an Email to Ebonyswanne Search for Posts by Ebonyswanne Add Ebonyswanne to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

quote:
quote:

Hee, not quite! Back when my sister was devising self defense maneuvers for her black belt test, she used to make me pretend to attack her, from various directions, with a butter knife, so she could demonstrate how she would disarm me and render me no longer a threat. Not once did I accidentally stab her (not that I could have done much harm with a butter knife -she wasn't taking any chances.)

Wait a minute. Your sister demostrated how she would defend herself from an attacker who was attacking her with a butter knife? What about a desert spoon or even a pair of chop sticks? Hee hee.

No new posts 18-09-2008 15:14 Metaliant is offline Send an Email to Metaliant Homepage of Metaliant Search for Posts by Metaliant Add Metaliant to your Buddy List MSN Screenname: The Legend
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by Ebonyswanne
I did martial arts in my twenties and went in a few tournaments. (Traditional Japanese.) It was great to do it, but you have to practice a lot to keep up the skills. I loved doing the Kata's. If I have moment that need to get some anger out they are brilliant for it. It helps you to re-focus. Once I put on the Gee my whole outlook changed. We had the Japanese ones, and we had to tie the belts on correctly or we couldn't train. Everything was spoken in Japanese, all the terms anyway and counting.

The first style of Karate I did at college was done in a traditional way, while the Wado Ryu one I did 11 years ago was taught more in a freestyle way, which suited me more.

In the Wado Ryu style, you still had to bow and wear the gi (suit) and try to rememvber the Japanese names of the moves and even call the insturctor Sensei but it was taught in less of such strictness (the only way I can describe it).

When I went on Tuesday, the instuctor was a bit busy with 2 other blokes but a lad, who was a purple belt (shouldn't really be doing any instucting but good practice for later though) was just breaking in another newbie and re-breaking me in.

No new posts 18-09-2008 15:22 Metaliant is offline Send an Email to Metaliant Homepage of Metaliant Search for Posts by Metaliant Add Metaliant to your Buddy List MSN Screenname: The Legend
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

quote:
quote:
quote:

Wait a minute. Your sister demostrated how she would defend herself from an attacker who was attacking her with a butter knife? What about a desert spoon or even a pair of chop sticks? Hee hee.

Ha ha, after seeing that video is there any wonder at why she didn't want me to have a sharp knife? She was lucky I was willing to help her practice -I knew she wasn't really going to hit me, but it's rather unnerving to see a hand flying towards your face or throat, and not so much fun to be grabbed and shoved around!

No new posts 18-09-2008 19:02 lborgia88 is offline Send an Email to lborgia88 Search for Posts by lborgia88 Add lborgia88 to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: lborgia88
Gatchamaniac

I am a Swan.

23 fics uploaded

spacer

Iboriga...You're a brave woman!!!

No new posts 18-09-2008 23:08 Ebonyswanne is offline Send an Email to Ebonyswanne Search for Posts by Ebonyswanne Add Ebonyswanne to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

No, if I were truly brave I would have refused to help her!

No new posts 19-09-2008 02:46 lborgia88 is offline Send an Email to lborgia88 Search for Posts by lborgia88 Add lborgia88 to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: lborgia88
shamrokchick shamrokchick is a Female
Forum Legend

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 02-08-2008

spacer

quote:

Laugh1 Hey that's what sisters are for Wink

No new posts 19-09-2008 03:47 shamrokchick is offline Send an Email to shamrokchick Search for Posts by shamrokchick Add shamrokchick to your Buddy List AIM Screenname: shamrokchick
Gatchamaniac

I am a Swan.

23 fics uploaded

spacer

I have three sisters... Cats fights happened often in our house growing up.

Dad would often say when the older two started fighting..."Ebony go sort your sisters out." And I'm the third child not the Eldest. I'd say "Dad somethings wrong with this picture... Shouldn't the eldest child be the one resolving the fights..."

No new posts 19-09-2008 05:01 Ebonyswanne is offline Send an Email to Ebonyswanne Search for Posts by Ebonyswanne Add Ebonyswanne to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

Good practice for you as a Swan then.

No new posts 19-09-2008 17:09 Metaliant is offline Send an Email to Metaliant Homepage of Metaliant Search for Posts by Metaliant Add Metaliant to your Buddy List MSN Screenname: The Legend
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by shamrokchick
quote:

Laugh1 Hey that's what sisters are for Wink

My sister does have a temper. She was definitely the slammer-of-doors in our family. She was older than me, bigger than me, and I shared a bedroom with her, so I learned very early in life that the best thing to do was just to try to keep her happy.

No new posts 19-09-2008 21:58 lborgia88 is offline Send an Email to lborgia88 Search for Posts by lborgia88 Add lborgia88 to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: lborgia88
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

I do have a temper and do slam doors and throw things onto the floor or throw my visual aid (a small telescope) into the sofa (so I can't break it when I lose my temper).

No new posts 19-09-2008 23:25 Metaliant is offline Send an Email to Metaliant Homepage of Metaliant Search for Posts by Metaliant Add Metaliant to your Buddy List MSN Screenname: The Legend
shamrokchick shamrokchick is a Female
Forum Legend

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 02-08-2008

spacer

I only have one sister who's younger than me, but she's bigger and has more attitude than I do...

No new posts 20-09-2008 18:21 shamrokchick is offline Send an Email to shamrokchick Search for Posts by shamrokchick Add shamrokchick to your Buddy List AIM Screenname: shamrokchick
Barrdwing Barrdwing is a Female
Exalted Member

I am a Zark.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 11-08-2008

spacer

There's a tendency for blood sugar crashes in our family. When we were kids, my younger sister used to go hypo and then come completely unglued and attack me. I thought it was funny . . . but karma has a way of getting back at you, because now that we're grown up she's more stable and I'm the one that will periodically crash and flip out. Tongue Although generally I don't do the "psycho windmill" thing that she used to do.

No new posts 21-09-2008 06:40 Barrdwing is offline Send an Email to Barrdwing Search for Posts by Barrdwing Add Barrdwing to your Buddy List
Hinotori Hinotori is a Female
Babbling Loonie

I am an Eagle.

2 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 09-10-2007

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by shamrokchick
I only have one sister who's younger than me, but she's bigger and has more attitude than I do...

Onechan! I didn't know you joined the board! highfive

Oh, wait, I forgot you're in VA, Shamrockchick, so you can't be my sister. But what you described above is how it is with me and my sister... I'm younger, but I'm taller and have a stronger personality than she does. Big Grin

Eagle Condor Swan Swallow Hootie

No new posts 21-09-2008 17:06 Hinotori is offline Send an Email to Hinotori Search for Posts by Hinotori Add Hinotori to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: Hinotori72
Transmute Jun Transmute Jun is a Female
Queen of the Bird Missiles

I am a Swan.

40 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 04-04-2007

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by Barrdwing
I'm the one that will periodically crash and flip out. Tongue

That sounds very Condor of you.... Big Grin

No new posts 21-09-2008 17:23 Transmute Jun is offline Send an Email to Transmute Jun Homepage of Transmute Jun Search for Posts by Transmute Jun Add Transmute Jun to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

I am a Swan.

23 fics uploaded

spacer

We had a good mix of personalities in our house.

My two older sisters shared a room and they argued all the time about anything and everything. Even now they can't spent to much time in each others company without an exchange of glares after a while.

I shared with my little sister and we got along much better than they did. When my two older sisters moved out of home I didn't even think of moving into the spare room!

Neither did my little sister, she said she'd miss me if I did that. So I stayed until I moved out of home for a job. She cried when I was leaving home. Since she was going to be on her own. i felt for her through high school. She really should have had a sister there to talk about problems that arise along the way. (7 yrs between us.)

She's a very pretty tall natural blond girl with an outgoing personality.

Anyway, we still get along really well me and my little sister who just turned 30. Smile

No new posts 21-09-2008 23:33 Ebonyswanne is offline Send an Email to Ebonyswanne Search for Posts by Ebonyswanne Add Ebonyswanne to your Buddy List
« previous  1  [2]  3  next »  --> Members browsing this thread: none Pages (3): « previous  1  [2]  3  next » 
Post New Thread Post Reply
Rate Thread: 

very bad very bad 

very good very good 

Go to: