Gatchamania.net
Register Memberlist Staff Search FAQ Arcade Calendar Gallery Filebase Forums Home  

Gatchamania.net »[Speak Up!] »General Discussion » Hurrican Ike
Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (3): « previous  1  [2]  3  next »  Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Hurrican Ike
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
clouddancer clouddancer is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am an Owl.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 10-04-2007

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

*snicker*

I am sure she does not blame you Met. Unless your other name happens to be "Mother Nature." Wink

No new posts 14-09-2008 16:20 clouddancer is offline Send an Email to clouddancer Search for Posts by clouddancer Add clouddancer to your Buddy List
Metaliant Metaliant is a Male
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 06-06-2005

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

Or it could be a Galactor plot to make a big splash by raining out North America and Europe.

No new posts 14-09-2008 16:59 Metaliant is offline Send an Email to Metaliant Homepage of Metaliant Search for Posts by Metaliant Add Metaliant to your Buddy List MSN Screenname: The Legend
lborgia88 lborgia88 is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 27-06-2007

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by gogirl212

We are expecting high winds and 5" of rain tomorrow. Its a big disaster for the Illinois farmers who already had such horrible luck with flooding during planting season. Now they are saying that the crops that haven't been harvested yet (and there are many) could be destroyed by the storm. Weather is humbling.

I hope everyone continues to stay safe and dry.

I've been watching the weather radar here in Indianapolis, and it sure looks like Illinois is taking a beating. I feel for the farmers, and anyone who gets flooded. Here, the worst of the rain has moved north, but it's still very windy -one of those days when being in a house surrounded by large, heavy trees is rather unnerving.

Hope you're dry and have electricity, GoGirl!

No new posts 14-09-2008 19:41 lborgia88 is offline Send an Email to lborgia88 Search for Posts by lborgia88 Add lborgia88 to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: lborgia88
gogirl212 gogirl212 is a Female
Master Boardie

I am a Swan.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 03-07-2008

spacer

The worst of the storm went over my town throughout the morning. The rain was absolutely torrential and lots of wind, but we didn't lose power. I haven't had the heart to turn on the news and see what happened with the local crops. I think it could have been much worse, so I am keeping my fingers crossed.

Let's hope Ike keeps dying down and doesn't pull any nasty surprises on Cloud in Canada!

No new posts 14-09-2008 20:48 gogirl212 is offline Send an Email to gogirl212 Search for Posts by gogirl212 Add gogirl212 to your Buddy List AIM Screenname: terrihasacat
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

The power has been out here for about two hours, but just came on again about 15 minutes ago. It went out just after I posted my last message here!

No new posts 14-09-2008 22:02 lborgia88 is offline Send an Email to lborgia88 Search for Posts by lborgia88 Add lborgia88 to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: lborgia88
gogirl212 gogirl212 is a Female
Master Boardie

I am a Swan.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 03-07-2008

spacer

That seems very suspicious lb -- maybe it *is* a galactor plot afterall?

No new posts 14-09-2008 22:27 gogirl212 is offline Send an Email to gogirl212 Search for Posts by gogirl212 Add gogirl212 to your Buddy List AIM Screenname: terrihasacat
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

Everybody looks at Amy.

No new posts 14-09-2008 22:35 Metaliant is offline Send an Email to Metaliant Homepage of Metaliant Search for Posts by Metaliant Add Metaliant to your Buddy List MSN Screenname: The Legend
Transmute Jun Transmute Jun is a Female
Queen of the Bird Missiles

I am a Swan.

40 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 04-04-2007

spacer

LB, I think it's the good guys helping you. After all, ti went out AFTER you had posted here... not before!

No new posts 15-09-2008 00:46 Transmute Jun is offline Send an Email to Transmute Jun Homepage of Transmute Jun Search for Posts by Transmute Jun Add Transmute Jun to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by Transmute Jun
LB, I think it's the good guys helping you. After all, ti went out AFTER you had posted here... not before!

True, but not long after the power returned, the cable went down, taking out TV (no big deal) and the internet (a really big deal!) until just now.

Sigh, I can't really whine though, as I heard that one of BF's friends, in Houston, Texas, has roof damage and some flooding.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by lborgia88 on 15-09-2008 at 22:56.
No new posts 15-09-2008 15:06 lborgia88 is offline Send an Email to lborgia88 Search for Posts by lborgia88 Add lborgia88 to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: lborgia88
Ladygalactor777 Ladygalactor777 is a Female
Boardie

I am a Berg Katse.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 21-08-2008

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by lborgia88
quote:
Originally posted by Transmute Jun

True, but not long after the power went out, the cable went down, taking out TV (no big deal) and the internet (a really big deal!) until just now.

Sigh, I can't really whine though, as I heard that one of BF's friends, in Houston, Texas, has roof damage and some flooding.

I know what you are going trough...I live in Florida & when Charley & Frances hit us I spent 3 weeks without electricity & is sucked really bad...the good thing was I did worked for FEMA...assisting victims with emergency housing.
They came to Galactor for mercy...hahahhaahaah!

No new posts 15-09-2008 15:44 Ladygalactor777 is offline Send an Email to Ladygalactor777 Search for Posts by Ladygalactor777 Add Ladygalactor777 to your Buddy List
gatchgirl
Babbling Loonie

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 08-03-2006

spacer

LB, I was wondering how you faired with those strong winds.... While we did get some major winds, it wasn't near what you got south of us.

Glad to see you back online, you to gogirl...

Racer by day, Feather Thrower all the time!

No new posts 15-09-2008 22:53 gatchgirl is offline Send an Email to gatchgirl Search for Posts by gatchgirl Add gatchgirl to your Buddy List
Hinotori Hinotori is a Female
Babbling Loonie

I am an Eagle.

2 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 09-10-2007

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by Ladygalactor777
I know what you are going trough...I live in Florida & when Charley & Frances hit us I spent 3 weeks without electricity & is sucked really bad...the good thing was I did worked for FEMA...assisting victims with emergency housing.

That was you, Lady Galactor?? Should have known it was somesort of sinister Galactor plot... I was lucky though... Only lost electricity for 22 hours, though the street directly behind mine (and quite a few of my co-workers who live closer to the I4 corridor) lost their power for 3 weeks or more. In the middle of the hot humid Florida summer. Yuck!!

And I wouldn't exactly call going to FEMA at that time going for mercy... No offense, but FEMA screwed up big time in Central Florida too. They just didn't get as much coverage about it as they did in New Orleans...

As for Ike, I hope the Texans who stayed behind made it through ok. But I have to say that after living 6 hurricanes in 2 years, and seeing the destruction a Cat 2 can do even when it comes to you from the opposite coast, anyone who stays on a barrier island for a direct hit Cat 2 or higher hurricane is absolutely insane. If the wind doesn't knock your house down, the storm surge will sweep it away.

Eagle Condor Swan Swallow Hootie

No new posts 15-09-2008 23:30 Hinotori is offline Send an Email to Hinotori Search for Posts by Hinotori Add Hinotori to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: Hinotori72
Gunman
Banned

I am a Berg Katse.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 14-02-2008

spacer

Muahhaa true terror of the storms is the ability they have to demolish everything in there way....

The american economy is colapsing and were about to face major crisis were we wont be able to handle these storms and have the ability to help the need by federal support.....

This will end the great american empire for quite some time but we will bounce back and take are right as supreme powers in the WORLD!

No new posts 15-09-2008 23:58 Gunman is offline Search for Posts by Gunman Add Gunman to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by Hinotori

As for Ike, I hope the Texans who stayed behind made it through ok.

Apparently my BF's friend in Houston, whose house is damaged, is currently staying round the clock at the hospital where he works (he's a surgeon) and taking care of patients.

As for me, other than vague memories of the tail end of Hurricane Belle in 1976 (especially of all the downed spruce trees in our backyard -fun to climb on) I've never really experienced a hurricane. Lucky, so far...

No new posts 16-09-2008 00:56 lborgia88 is offline Send an Email to lborgia88 Search for Posts by lborgia88 Add lborgia88 to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: lborgia88
shamrokchick shamrokchick is a Female
Forum Legend

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 02-08-2008

spacer

Only hurricane I've experienced was Isabelle in 2003. That blew out everything that wasn't tied down and knocked out the power for a week where I'm at.

No new posts 16-09-2008 01:00 shamrokchick is offline Send an Email to shamrokchick Search for Posts by shamrokchick Add shamrokchick to your Buddy List AIM Screenname: shamrokchick
gatchgirl
Babbling Loonie

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 08-03-2006

spacer

I missed both major hurricanes in Florida by months... only had to go through a tropical storm in my 2 years there.

Racer by day, Feather Thrower all the time!

No new posts 16-09-2008 20:21 gatchgirl is offline Send an Email to gatchgirl Search for Posts by gatchgirl Add gatchgirl to your Buddy List
Reboekah
Master Boardie

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 12-03-2005

spacer

Ye heavens... more Gatchamaniacs along I-4??? Me too!!!

quote:
Originally posted by Hinotori
quote:
Originally posted by Ladygalactor777

That was you, Lady Galactor?? Should have known it was somesort of sinister Galactor plot... I was lucky though... Only lost electricity for 22 hours, though the street directly behind mine (and quite a few of my co-workers who live closer to the I4 corridor) lost their power for 3 weeks or more. In the middle of the hot humid Florida summer. Yuck!!

And I wouldn't exactly call going to FEMA at that time going for mercy... No offense, but FEMA screwed up big time in Central Florida too. They just didn't get as much coverage about it as they did in New Orleans...

As for Ike, I hope the Texans who stayed behind made it through ok. But I have to say that after living 6 hurricanes in 2 years, and seeing the destruction a Cat 2 can do even when it comes to you from the opposite coast, anyone who stays on a barrier island for a direct hit Cat 2 or higher hurricane is absolutely insane. If the wind doesn't knock your house down, the storm surge will sweep it away.

No new posts 16-09-2008 22:27 Reboekah is offline Send an Email to Reboekah Homepage of Reboekah Search for Posts by Reboekah Add Reboekah to your Buddy List
Ebonyswanne Ebonyswanne is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Swan.

23 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 25-04-2007

spacer

You guys have been hit badly from what I see on the news. I hope no Gatchamanic's in the mist of it...

No new posts 17-09-2008 12:22 Ebonyswanne is offline Send an Email to Ebonyswanne Search for Posts by Ebonyswanne Add Ebonyswanne to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

And if they are, sort out those pesky Galactors that are messing around with that weather control machine please.

No new posts 17-09-2008 14:47 Metaliant is offline Send an Email to Metaliant Homepage of Metaliant Search for Posts by Metaliant Add Metaliant to your Buddy List MSN Screenname: The Legend
Condorfan Condorfan is a Female
Master Boardie

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 01-09-2006

spacer

I've never been in a hurricane (thank goodness) the closest natural disaster I'm used to is earthquakes. I'm not saying one is better than another--I hate them both!

I hope all the Gatchamaniacs and their loved ones are OK and those affected get the help they need.

No new posts 17-09-2008 15:18 Condorfan is offline Send an Email to Condorfan Search for Posts by Condorfan Add Condorfan to your Buddy List AIM Screenname: Fallonminx
« previous  1  [2]  3  next »  --> Members browsing this thread: none Pages (3): « previous  1  [2]  3  next » 
Post New Thread Post Reply
Rate Thread: 

very bad very bad 

very good very good 

Go to: