Gatchamania.net
Register Memberlist Staff Search FAQ Arcade Calendar Gallery Filebase Forums Home  

Gatchamania.net »[Speak Up!] »General Discussion » Hurrican Ike
Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (3): [1]  2  3  next »  Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Hurrican Ike
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
clouddancer clouddancer is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am an Owl.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 10-04-2007

spacer
Hurrican Ike Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

I don't recall any of our board members being down in Texas, but if anyone is I hope all is well.
I also hope the remnants of the storm do not affect anyone too harshly. I know the weather forecasters are saying we could get up to 200 mm of rain here in Ontario. That is about 8 inches for all you Americans. Wink

No new posts 13-09-2008 22:31 clouddancer is offline Send an Email to clouddancer Search for Posts by clouddancer Add clouddancer to your Buddy List
Metaliant Metaliant is a Male
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 06-06-2005

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

It seems that the rain we had last week is going both to America and Canada. I blame the french personally.

No new posts 13-09-2008 23:15 Metaliant is offline Send an Email to Metaliant Homepage of Metaliant Search for Posts by Metaliant Add Metaliant to your Buddy List MSN Screenname: The Legend
Transmute Jun Transmute Jun is a Female
Queen of the Bird Missiles

I am a Swan.

40 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 04-04-2007

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

I hope everyone is safe tonight! Huggles

No new posts 13-09-2008 23:26 Transmute Jun is offline Send an Email to Transmute Jun Homepage of Transmute Jun Search for Posts by Transmute Jun Add Transmute Jun to your Buddy List
lborgia88 lborgia88 is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 27-06-2007

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by Metaliant
It seems that the rain we had last week is going both to America and Canada. I blame the french personally.

Hee, my parents, in Nova Scotia, have been telling me how wet this whole summer has been there, but I'm not sure if they're blaming the French.

No new posts 14-09-2008 01:34 lborgia88 is offline Send an Email to lborgia88 Search for Posts by lborgia88 Add lborgia88 to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: lborgia88
Springie Springie is a Female
Her Royal Fluffiness...Swan of Swans...

I am a Swan.

6 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 12-06-2006

spacer

My Uncle lives in Houston, and he rode the storm out...he said it was so loud, he couldn't sleep...his electricity is out and he lost a bunch of trees, but he is safe...
He was really cocky about it last night, but this morning he was much more reserved...I think it humbled him a bit...

There is no problem that cannot be solved with time, patience, and a judicious amount of high explosives.

No new posts 14-09-2008 01:34 Springie is offline Send an Email to Springie Homepage of Springie Search for Posts by Springie Add Springie to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: Springie MSN Screenname: Springie
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

spacer
RE: Hurrican Ike Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by clouddancer
I don't recall any of our board members being down in Texas, but if anyone is I hope all is well.
I also hope the remnants of the storm do not affect anyone too harshly. I know the weather forecasters are saying we could get up to 200 mm of rain here in Ontario. That is about 8 inches for all you Americans. Wink

The BF's brother lives near Dallas, but he's reporting in as being fine -high winds, heavy rain, but otherwise fine. Where his house is, isn't at too much risk of flooding though. Others may not be so fortunate.

No new posts 14-09-2008 01:36 lborgia88 is offline Send an Email to lborgia88 Search for Posts by lborgia88 Add lborgia88 to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: lborgia88
shamrokchick shamrokchick is a Female
Forum Legend

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 02-08-2008

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by Metaliant

Sounds good to me! Wink

Yes I hope everyone in Texas is alright...

The only thing that's come over us in VA is Hanna and it only dumped a bunch of rain in one day...

No new posts 14-09-2008 02:40 shamrokchick is offline Send an Email to shamrokchick Search for Posts by shamrokchick Add shamrokchick to your Buddy List AIM Screenname: shamrokchick
Springie Springie is a Female
Her Royal Fluffiness...Swan of Swans...

I am a Swan.

6 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 12-06-2006

spacer

Hey, Shamrockchick...I'm in Va, too...and we had a dead tree that was blown down by Hannah...and it fell down in the perfect spot (didn't damage our fence)...so Hannah actually saved us some money! We would have had to have someone cut it down for us! Cheerleader

There is no problem that cannot be solved with time, patience, and a judicious amount of high explosives.

No new posts 14-09-2008 02:52 Springie is offline Send an Email to Springie Homepage of Springie Search for Posts by Springie Add Springie to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: Springie MSN Screenname: Springie
gatchgirl
Babbling Loonie

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 08-03-2006

spacer

Heres to everyone being safe in Texas... mother nature really has a way of letting humans know how much in control they really are... NOT.

Racer by day, Feather Thrower all the time!

No new posts 14-09-2008 03:02 gatchgirl is offline Send an Email to gatchgirl Search for Posts by gatchgirl Add gatchgirl to your Buddy List
gogirl212 gogirl212 is a Female
Master Boardie

I am a Swan.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 03-07-2008

spacer

This morning, I heard that 3 million Houston area residents were without power. I have not heard an update tonight. The remnants of that storm are on their way north, downgraded to a tropical storm. We are expecting high winds and 5" of rain tomorrow. Its a big disaster for the Illinois farmers who already had such horrible luck with flooding during planting season. Now they are saying that the crops that haven't been harvested yet (and there are many) could be destroyed by the storm. Weather is humbling.

I hope everyone continues to stay safe and dry.

No new posts 14-09-2008 03:26 gogirl212 is offline Send an Email to gogirl212 Search for Posts by gogirl212 Add gogirl212 to your Buddy List AIM Screenname: terrihasacat
shamrokchick shamrokchick is a Female
Forum Legend

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 02-08-2008

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by Springie
Hey, Shamrockchick...I'm in Va, too...and we had a dead tree that was blown down by Hannah...and it fell down in the perfect spot (didn't damage our fence)...so Hannah actually saved us some money! We would have had to have someone cut it down for us! Cheerleader

Well I'm glad nothing was damaged!!

No new posts 14-09-2008 05:00 shamrokchick is offline Send an Email to shamrokchick Search for Posts by shamrokchick Add shamrokchick to your Buddy List AIM Screenname: shamrokchick
Ebonyswanne Ebonyswanne is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Swan.

23 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 25-04-2007

spacer

I saw some of the footage on telly...its looks bad. I hope none you know is affected by it.

No new posts 14-09-2008 07:23 Ebonyswanne is offline Send an Email to Ebonyswanne Search for Posts by Ebonyswanne Add Ebonyswanne to your Buddy List
saturn saturn is a Female
Boardie

I am a Swan.

Registration Date: 21-05-2008

spacer

My prayer goes to all of you in the U.S. pray
Hope that you & your family are all safe and sound.

No new posts 14-09-2008 09:06 saturn is offline Send an Email to saturn Search for Posts by saturn Add saturn to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by gatchgirl
Heres to everyone being safe in Texas... mother nature really has a way of letting humans know how much in control they really are... NOT.

That's very true, Mother Nature does have a way to tell us that SHE and not us is in control.

No new posts 14-09-2008 12:07 Metaliant is offline Send an Email to Metaliant Homepage of Metaliant Search for Posts by Metaliant Add Metaliant to your Buddy List MSN Screenname: The Legend
Transmute Jun Transmute Jun is a Female
Queen of the Bird Missiles

I am a Swan.

40 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 04-04-2007

spacer

Wow, Springie, run out there and cut off yoru winter firewood before they haul that tree away! ROFL 2

Seriously, though, I'm glad everyone is safe.

No new posts 14-09-2008 14:35 Transmute Jun is offline Send an Email to Transmute Jun Homepage of Transmute Jun Search for Posts by Transmute Jun Add Transmute Jun to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by Transmute Jun
Wow, Springie, run out there and cut off yoru winter firewood before they haul that tree away! ROFL 2

Seriously, though, I'm glad everyone is safe.

That's exactly what my Dad did after Hurricane Juan hit Nova Scotia in 2003 -he cut up his fallen trees and all his neighbours', and didn't have to buy firewood for a very long time after that!

No new posts 14-09-2008 14:52 lborgia88 is offline Send an Email to lborgia88 Search for Posts by lborgia88 Add lborgia88 to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: lborgia88
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

It does seem that in Britain and North America, there does seem to be a lot of flooding either druing the summer or Autumn. I think I will move to a very high mountain and stay there.

By the way, does anybody think that it sounds like we will be like the film Waterworld in the furture or is it just me?

No new posts 14-09-2008 15:55 Metaliant is offline Send an Email to Metaliant Homepage of Metaliant Search for Posts by Metaliant Add Metaliant to your Buddy List MSN Screenname: The Legend
Gatchamaniac

I am an Owl.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

I am glad to hear everyone is safe. And I hope the rain/flooding does not do too much damage to the farmers.

Here in Ontario we are hoping this storm does not do a Hazel on us. In 1954 a Hurricane formed down in the Tropics hit America decreased to a tropical storm but as it came across the Great Lakes it picked up strength again returning to hurricane status as flooding parts of Toronto. They have been predicting another "Hazel" to hit for the last 10 years or so, since one seems to hit about every 50 years.

Parks and rec. and the Water conservation Authority want to test their systems since 1954 to see if they work. devillook I am glad I am on high ground --- I hope.

No new posts 14-09-2008 15:57 clouddancer is offline Send an Email to clouddancer Search for Posts by clouddancer Add clouddancer to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

I am an Owl.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

BTW: Met and LB, I am sure you already know this, but unless it is localized, storms move from West to East here in the Northern part of the hemisphere. It is due to the Jet Stream and ocean currents.

So storms from G.B and France would not be hitting us ---- more likely they would be moving over Russia and Asia, I think. I guess Amy is getting the Rain Met was talking about. Biglaugh1

No new posts 14-09-2008 16:07 clouddancer is offline Send an Email to clouddancer Search for Posts by clouddancer Add clouddancer to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

Not my fault Amy, honest.

No new posts 14-09-2008 16:18 Metaliant is offline Send an Email to Metaliant Homepage of Metaliant Search for Posts by Metaliant Add Metaliant to your Buddy List MSN Screenname: The Legend
[1]  2  3  next »  --> Members browsing this thread: none Pages (3): [1]  2  3  next » 
Post New Thread Post Reply
Rate Thread: 

very bad very bad 

very good very good 

Go to: