Gatchamania.net
Register Memberlist Staff Search FAQ Arcade Calendar Gallery Filebase Forums Home  

Gatchamania.net »[Speak Up!] »Introductions » Hi!
Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (3): « previous  1  [2]  3  next »  Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Hi!
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Barrdwing Barrdwing is a Female
Exalted Member

I am a Zark.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 11-08-2008

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Ebonyswanne
Well if you want a twist I'll help you with it...nothing like a good twist in the story...

I guess I used to think Susan had to be a real girl when I was kid because of how she used to talk to Zark...

What if she decides Princess is competition for because of how he goes goo gah about her... And then the Eagle has to save her from Susan's wrath...

That could be fun! Susan (as a robot or computer program) develops a serious bug and decides that something has to be done about the Other Woman in Zark's life. Computer-based minor disasters ensue, gradually becoming more serious, until finally Mark realizes that there's a genuine problem here. It could make a good Halloween story of sorts, since Susan's machinations (sorry, bad pun) would be almost ghostlike: nobody would think that the attacker was so darned far away! And of course she would be all innocence and sweetness (yii . . . I worked with a scary lady like that). Hmm. I've done a few Halloween stories; this might make another one. Big Grin

No new posts 12-08-2008 20:54 Barrdwing is offline Send an Email to Barrdwing Search for Posts by Barrdwing Add Barrdwing to your Buddy List
Ebonyswanne Ebonyswanne is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Swan.

23 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 25-04-2007

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by clouddancer

I can see Ebony's mind working on her next fic.

Ebony clears her throat...

I'm only working on ONE ficcie series at the moment... Those ideas were not for me to use... I have to finish my trilogy before I can do anything else.

No new posts 12-08-2008 22:30 Ebonyswanne is offline Send an Email to Ebonyswanne Search for Posts by Ebonyswanne Add Ebonyswanne to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

I am a Swan.

23 fics uploaded

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by Barrdwing

That could be fun! Susan (as a robot or computer program) develops a serious bug and decides that something has to be done about the Other Woman in Zark's life. Computer-based minor disasters ensue, gradually becoming more serious, until finally Mark realizes that there's a genuine problem here. It could make a good Halloween story of sorts, since Susan's machinations (sorry, bad pun) would be almost ghostlike: nobody would think that the attacker was so darned far away! And of course she would be all innocence and sweetness (yii . . . I worked with a scary lady like that). Hmm. I've done a few Halloween stories; this might make another one. Big Grin

A bug in the System!!! I like it, she do some really wild stuff since she's jealous female program...

No new posts 12-08-2008 22:31 Ebonyswanne is offline Send an Email to Ebonyswanne Search for Posts by Ebonyswanne Add Ebonyswanne to your Buddy List
Transmute Jun Transmute Jun is a Female
Queen of the Bird Missiles

I am a Swan.

40 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 04-04-2007

spacer

quote:
A bug in the System!!! I like it, she do some really wild stuff since she's jealous female program...

Um, do you suppose female robots have PMS? Susan goes crazy every 28 days during her 'self-regenerative' cycle? Wink

No new posts 13-08-2008 00:37 Transmute Jun is offline Send an Email to Transmute Jun Homepage of Transmute Jun Search for Posts by Transmute Jun Add Transmute Jun to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

I am a Swan.

23 fics uploaded

spacer

That would be soooo funny... a robot with PMS.

No new posts 13-08-2008 03:24 Ebonyswanne is offline Send an Email to Ebonyswanne Search for Posts by Ebonyswanne Add Ebonyswanne to your Buddy List
Exalted Member

I am a Zark.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by Transmute Jun
quote:

Um, do you suppose female robots have PMS? Susan goes crazy every 28 days during her 'self-regenerative' cycle? Wink

Now there's an idea! Smile That could be a good way of explaining why she wasn't crazy before. Maybe she knows that she gets a little weird when she's PMSing and asks for a program patch, only the patch malfunctions in a big way . . . .

No new posts 13-08-2008 04:26 Barrdwing is offline Send an Email to Barrdwing Search for Posts by Barrdwing Add Barrdwing to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

I am a Swan.

23 fics uploaded

spacer

And she turns into a jealous robot that decides the Swan is after zark so she sets out to eliminate her...it starts out small with minor incidents( like Princess gets zapped when tries to play her electric guitar) and then as her jealousy grows she starts to do bigger things...and it esculates out of control... parachute

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Ebonyswanne on 13-08-2008 at 06:31.
No new posts 13-08-2008 06:30 Ebonyswanne is offline Send an Email to Ebonyswanne Search for Posts by Ebonyswanne Add Ebonyswanne to your Buddy List
meg meg is a Female
Boardie

I am a Swan.

Registration Date: 06-02-2008

spacer

Welcome Barrdwig! welcome

No new posts 13-08-2008 08:34 meg is offline Send an Email to meg Search for Posts by meg Add meg to your Buddy List

I am a Swan.

40 fics uploaded

spacer

quote:
And she turns into a jealous robot that decides the Swan is after zark so she sets out to eliminate her...it starts out small with minor incidents( like Princess gets zapped when tries to play her electric guitar) and then as her jealousy grows she starts to do bigger things...and it esculates out of control... parachute

Okay, I'll be looking for this fic now!!!!! ROFL 2

No new posts 13-08-2008 14:04 Transmute Jun is offline Send an Email to Transmute Jun Homepage of Transmute Jun Search for Posts by Transmute Jun Add Transmute Jun to your Buddy List
Exalted Member

I am a Zark.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

quote:
quote:

Okay, I'll be looking for this fic now!!!!! ROFL 2

It may be a little while (I'm kinda slow at the keyboard sometimes). I like the zap idea, though--that's just that sort of mental image that makes me want to write. Big Grin I'm going to take notes on this idea so I don't forget.

At the moment I'm working on a Con-inspired story that's just in its fragile early stages and needing lots of encouragement to get it to grow. I want to focus on it until it's big and strong enough to survive a little gap in my attention. If I can work in even half of the little scenarios on my list, it should be an entertaining read! Evillaugh

No new posts 13-08-2008 16:11 Barrdwing is offline Send an Email to Barrdwing Search for Posts by Barrdwing Add Barrdwing to your Buddy List

I am a Swan.

40 fics uploaded

spacer

Ooh, a Con fic.... given what I saw there, it should be interesting! It's certainly the place to be inspired!

FTR, I think there's a Con-fic challenge over at thr Fanfic Archives.

No new posts 13-08-2008 17:13 Transmute Jun is offline Send an Email to Transmute Jun Homepage of Transmute Jun Search for Posts by Transmute Jun Add Transmute Jun to your Buddy List
gatchgirl
Babbling Loonie

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 08-03-2006

spacer

Welcome Barrdwing.... from the sounds of you and Ebony plotting I may have to read this fic in coming... no mater how long it takes....

Racer by day, Feather Thrower all the time!

No new posts 13-08-2008 22:21 gatchgirl is offline Send an Email to gatchgirl Search for Posts by gatchgirl Add gatchgirl to your Buddy List
Springie Springie is a Female
Her Royal Fluffiness...Swan of Swans...

I am a Swan.

6 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 12-06-2006

spacer

Can't wait to see some more writing from you, Barrdwing! animepompom

There is no problem that cannot be solved with time, patience, and a judicious amount of high explosives.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Springie on 13-08-2008 at 22:43.
No new posts 13-08-2008 22:43 Springie is offline Send an Email to Springie Homepage of Springie Search for Posts by Springie Add Springie to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: Springie MSN Screenname: Springie
Exalted Member

I am a Zark.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

quote:
Ooh, a Con fic.... given what I saw there, it should be interesting! It's certainly the place to be inspired!

Yup, there is. Smile I'd been thinking vaguely about doing a Con fic after this year's adventure, but it was the challenge that made me sit down and start writing. Smile I've only just joined up on these two sites, and already I've gotten a needed nudge there and an idea for a new fic here--this is great! Big Grin (I shoulda crept out of the woodwork sooner . . . ah well, the past three years were a writing slump for me anyway. I think it's coming back now.)

I'm going to be out of town for the rest of this week: there's a family reunion back East in Indiana. James can't go :sad: but this is the first chance I've had to see most of these people in a long time. It's been twenty years (jeeminy!) since I was last back there. It's going to be neat to see everyone, weird as heck (major culture shock between here and there), and I'll probably go into Internet withdrawal. But if I'm kinda quiet for a few days, that's what I'm up to. When I get back, I'm going to have to learn how to post stories here and on the Archive! Smile

No new posts 14-08-2008 02:18 Barrdwing is offline Send an Email to Barrdwing Search for Posts by Barrdwing Add Barrdwing to your Buddy List
clouddancer clouddancer is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am an Owl.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 10-04-2007

spacer

Well Barrdwing if you are planning on posting stories here we had better get you a book shelf then hadn't we.

Would you like to make the request from Cep or should someone else? You just have to post in a new thread that you would like one. Cloud asks, excited to be able to read some of your stories.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by clouddancer on 14-08-2008 at 02:23.
No new posts 14-08-2008 02:21 clouddancer is offline Send an Email to clouddancer Search for Posts by clouddancer Add clouddancer to your Buddy List
Exalted Member

I am a Zark.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

quote:

Yup, there is. Smile After this year's Con adventure, I'd been thinking about doing a Con fic, but that challenge was what made me sit down and start writing. I've only just joined up on these two sites, and already I've gotten a needed nudge there and an idea for a new fic here--this is great! Big Grin I shoulda joined up sooner.

I'm going to be ouit of communication for the rest of this week: I'll be attending a family reunion back East in Indiana. It's been about twenty years since I've seen these people; I figure the visit will be fun and also rather weird, since everyone will be a lot older than I remember. So if I'm kind of quiet over the next few days, that's why. I wish James could go :sad: but it doesn't work out this time. When I get back, I'll have to figure out how to post fic here and on the Archive. Smile

Thanks everyone for the welcomes! Big Grin

No new posts 14-08-2008 02:25 Barrdwing is offline Send an Email to Barrdwing Search for Posts by Barrdwing Add Barrdwing to your Buddy List

I am a Swan.

40 fics uploaded

spacer

I'm sure you have lots of people willing to offer you assistance at the Fanfic Archives, but I'm happy to help with either location. Please drop me a PM or an email if you need help.

No new posts 14-08-2008 14:07 Transmute Jun is offline Send an Email to Transmute Jun Homepage of Transmute Jun Search for Posts by Transmute Jun Add Transmute Jun to your Buddy List
gatchgirl
Babbling Loonie

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 08-03-2006

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by Barrdwing
quote:

Yup, there is. Smile After this year's Con adventure, I'd been thinking about doing a Con fic, but that challenge was what made me sit down and start writing. I've only just joined up on these two sites, and already I've gotten a needed nudge there and an idea for a new fic here--this is great! Big Grin I shoulda joined up sooner.

I'm going to be ouit of communication for the rest of this week: I'll be attending a family reunion back East in Indiana. It's been about twenty years since I've seen these people; I figure the visit will be fun and also rather weird, since everyone will be a lot older than I remember. So if I'm kind of quiet over the next few days, that's why. I wish James could go :sad: but it doesn't work out this time. When I get back, I'll have to figure out how to post fic here and on the Archive. Smile

Thanks everyone for the welcomes! Big Grin

You'll be in my neck of the woods Barrwing, I'll wave if I make it to Indiana.

Racer by day, Feather Thrower all the time!

No new posts 14-08-2008 21:14 gatchgirl is offline Send an Email to gatchgirl Search for Posts by gatchgirl Add gatchgirl to your Buddy List
Exalted Member

I am a Zark.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

Posting briefly from a dial-up connection (yup, I did get Internet withdrawal!) . . . I will definitely want to set things up so that I can post stories! I'll tackle that next Tuesday when I'm home, though. For now, I have two stories on the Gatch Fanfic Archive, including "Small Room".

Many thanks to Transmute Jun for the review! Big Grin And you're right: the story really isn't finished. There's a second story in the works--has been for a while--which tackles the missing pieces of the puzzle that you mentioned. I'm kind of glad to hear that somebody else feels that the story isn't quite done. I really enjoyed writing the first one, but got a little sidetracked writing about the team instead of letting the POV character figure out what the heck was going on with her situation. She's been mad about that (well, she's mad about a lot of things Rolleyes) so I'm trying to work out what's really going on with her. It's been slow, because I've been as confused about it as she is. Wink

No new posts 17-08-2008 00:17 Barrdwing is offline Send an Email to Barrdwing Search for Posts by Barrdwing Add Barrdwing to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

I am a Swan.

23 fics uploaded

spacer

I'll have to go and check it out Barrdwing...

It will come together just keep writing.

No new posts 17-08-2008 01:22 Ebonyswanne is offline Send an Email to Ebonyswanne Search for Posts by Ebonyswanne Add Ebonyswanne to your Buddy List
« previous  1  [2]  3  next »  --> Members browsing this thread: none Pages (3): « previous  1  [2]  3  next » 
Post New Thread Post Reply
Rate Thread: 

very bad very bad 

very good very good 

Go to: