Gatchamania.net
Register Memberlist Staff Search FAQ Arcade Calendar Gallery Filebase Forums Home  

Gatchamania.net »[Speak Up!] »General Discussion » 47111 posts and counting...
Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (4): « first ...  « previous  2  3  [4]  Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page 47111 posts and counting...
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
gogirl212 gogirl212 is a Female
Master Boardie

I am a Swan.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 03-07-2008

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

Some people are very shy (I was for a very long time - then I stopped.) I empathize with the feeling - even when people are friendly its a little daunting sometimes to see that you have been "noticed" by the board.

No new posts 06-08-2008 23:47 gogirl212 is offline Send an Email to gogirl212 Search for Posts by gogirl212 Add gogirl212 to your Buddy List AIM Screenname: terrihasacat
clouddancer clouddancer is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am an Owl.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 10-04-2007

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by gogirl212
Some people are very shy (I was for a very long time - then I stopped.) I empathize with the feeling - even when people are friendly its a little daunting sometimes to see that you have been "noticed" by the board.

By all my posts you wouldn't think I was a shy person would you? But I am, until I get to feel comfortable with people.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by clouddancer on 07-08-2008 at 01:10.
No new posts 07-08-2008 01:09 clouddancer is offline Send an Email to clouddancer Search for Posts by clouddancer Add clouddancer to your Buddy List
Springie Springie is a Female
Her Royal Fluffiness...Swan of Swans...

I am a Swan.

6 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 12-06-2006

spacer

I am definitely an introvert...I was painfully shy when I was young, but I've "come out of my shell" since college...so I definitely understand people who are timid when it comes to posting...I lurked for quite a while before I started posting...

There is no problem that cannot be solved with time, patience, and a judicious amount of high explosives.

No new posts 07-08-2008 01:37 Springie is offline Send an Email to Springie Homepage of Springie Search for Posts by Springie Add Springie to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: Springie MSN Screenname: Springie
Transmute Jun Transmute Jun is a Female
Queen of the Bird Missiles

I am a Swan.

40 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 04-04-2007

spacer

Funny thing is, I used to be so shy IRL, and it took posting on computer boards to bring me out of my shell. I always felt there was some protection in the anonymity.

No new posts 07-08-2008 02:22 Transmute Jun is offline Send an Email to Transmute Jun Homepage of Transmute Jun Search for Posts by Transmute Jun Add Transmute Jun to your Buddy List
Springie Springie is a Female
Her Royal Fluffiness...Swan of Swans...

I am a Swan.

6 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 12-06-2006

spacer

You??? Shy??? I would have never guessed it! Flip

There is no problem that cannot be solved with time, patience, and a judicious amount of high explosives.

No new posts 07-08-2008 02:24 Springie is offline Send an Email to Springie Homepage of Springie Search for Posts by Springie Add Springie to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: Springie MSN Screenname: Springie

I am a Swan.

40 fics uploaded

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by Springie
You??? Shy??? I would have never guessed it! Flip

Cheeky! Bigkiss

No new posts 07-08-2008 02:54 Transmute Jun is offline Send an Email to Transmute Jun Homepage of Transmute Jun Search for Posts by Transmute Jun Add Transmute Jun to your Buddy List
Metaliant Metaliant is a Male
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 06-06-2005

spacer

I am still shy to a point. If I meet people with similar interests, lets say.....oh I don't know a online forum for an example, then I woud introduce myself and have a poke around the place to see what it's like.

The various forums and Yahoo groups, do have a lot of lurkers and two of the reasons is that they are either shy or just too busy to post.

I think if this forum didn't have a core gorup of people posting, then I probably would have left almost straight away.

No new posts 07-08-2008 11:17 Metaliant is offline Send an Email to Metaliant Homepage of Metaliant Search for Posts by Metaliant Add Metaliant to your Buddy List MSN Screenname: The Legend
Condorfan Condorfan is a Female
Master Boardie

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 01-09-2006

spacer

I must also confess to being shy around people. I was a bit nervous about meeting TJ last week! But she and her family were great and we had fun looking at pictures and talking Gatch.

I've lurked on a few boards then started posting but left the board when the moderators got too condescending. I lurked here for quite awhile before getting the courage up to post regularly. But I really look forward to reading the posts everyday.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Condorfan on 07-08-2008 at 18:28.
No new posts 07-08-2008 18:26 Condorfan is offline Send an Email to Condorfan Search for Posts by Condorfan Add Condorfan to your Buddy List AIM Screenname: Fallonminx

I am a Swan.

40 fics uploaded

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by Condorfan
I must also confess to being shy around people. I was a bit nervous about meeting TJ last week! But she and her family were great and we had fun looking at pictures and talking Gatch.

I had fun too! Huggles I'm sorry we didn't get a chance to talk more. Maybe next year you can come to Comic Con... Big Grin

Condescending? Us??? Naaaaahhhhh..... as for mods, there's just Cep here, and he's cool.

Pssssst... Cep.... kneelsuckers <----- you

No new posts 07-08-2008 19:42 Transmute Jun is offline Send an Email to Transmute Jun Homepage of Transmute Jun Search for Posts by Transmute Jun Add Transmute Jun to your Buddy List
gatchgirl
Babbling Loonie

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 08-03-2006

spacer

quote:

I've lurked on a few boards then started posting but left the board when the moderators got too condescending. I lurked here for quite awhile before getting the courage up to post regularly. But I really look forward to reading the posts everyday.

Around here all the newbies just have to watch out for bishbash and Pint

Racer by day, Feather Thrower all the time!

No new posts 07-08-2008 21:39 gatchgirl is offline Send an Email to gatchgirl Search for Posts by gatchgirl Add gatchgirl to your Buddy List
Gunman
Banned

I am a Berg Katse.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 14-02-2008

spacer

Seems to me that gatchamina is still holding together......

Its been awhile but i try to get on more often, just been working myself to death no more time for jackass stunts, snif snif

Well off i go to work hope to be back on soon.....

No new posts 07-08-2008 22:13 Gunman is offline Search for Posts by Gunman Add Gunman to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

I am an Owl.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by gatchgirl
quote:

Around here all the newbies just have to watch out for bishbash and Pint

GG, have you not learned yet? We do not use those big bishbash on the newbies ... we use the smaller ones. We only bring out the big guns when we know they plan on sticking around. Alienlaugh

No new posts 07-08-2008 22:57 clouddancer is offline Send an Email to clouddancer Search for Posts by clouddancer Add clouddancer to your Buddy List
Hinotori Hinotori is a Female
Babbling Loonie

I am an Eagle.

2 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 09-10-2007

spacer

I'm usually very quiet around people, the observer in a conversation rather than a participant. That is until I get to know people and am comfortable around them. Then you can't shut me up! Chatter

Eagle Condor Swan Swallow Hootie

No new posts 07-08-2008 23:03 Hinotori is offline Send an Email to Hinotori Search for Posts by Hinotori Add Hinotori to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: Hinotori72
Gatchamaniac

I am an Owl.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by Hinotori
I'm usually very quiet around people, the observer in a conversation rather than a participant. That is until I get to know people and am comfortable around them. Then you can't shut me up! Chatter

Then I expect to see your post count go up very dramatically now.
You should know us all by now. Winknudge

No new posts 07-08-2008 23:06 clouddancer is offline Send an Email to clouddancer Search for Posts by clouddancer Add clouddancer to your Buddy List
gogirl212 gogirl212 is a Female
Master Boardie

I am a Swan.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 03-07-2008

spacer

quote:

I am just the opposite - I get very nervous around new people, and get freaked out by those "awkward silences" that happen . . . so to compensate, I just chatter away. I babble. It's only when I feel really comfortable, that I can enjoy the quiet of just being with someone.

Although on a board, that is difficult because clearly no one can see you nodding in agreement, for example, unless you chime in with at least a Yippee every once in a while.

No new posts 08-08-2008 01:50 gogirl212 is offline Send an Email to gogirl212 Search for Posts by gogirl212 Add gogirl212 to your Buddy List AIM Screenname: terrihasacat
amyltrer amyltrer is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am an Egoblosser.

4 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 02-12-2006

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by Gunman
Seems to me that gatchamina is still holding together......

Its been awhile but i try to get on more often, just been working myself to death no more time for jackass stunts, snif snif

Well off i go to work hope to be back on soon.....

Gunnie, glad to see you back safe from those stunts.

No new posts 08-08-2008 04:56 amyltrer is offline Send an Email to amyltrer Search for Posts by amyltrer Add amyltrer to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: amyltrer MSN Screenname: amyltrer@hotmail.com
gatchgirl
Babbling Loonie

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 08-03-2006

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by gogirl212
quote:

Although on a board, that is difficult because clearly no one can see you nodding in agreement, for example, unless you chime in with at least a Yippee every once in a while.

I too nod at different postings, possibly hoping that people will see my visual response. Happy

Racer by day, Feather Thrower all the time!

No new posts 09-08-2008 12:42 gatchgirl is offline Send an Email to gatchgirl Search for Posts by gatchgirl Add gatchgirl to your Buddy List
« first ...  « previous  2  3  [4]  --> Members browsing this thread: none Pages (4): « first ...  « previous  2  3  [4] 
Post New Thread Post Reply
Rate Thread: 

very bad very bad 

very good very good 

Go to: