Gatchamania.net
Register Memberlist Staff Search FAQ Arcade Calendar Gallery Filebase Forums Home  

Gatchamania.net »[Entertainment] »Anime & Cartoons » Blue Seed
Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (2): [1]  2  next »  Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Blue Seed
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Condorfan Condorfan is a Female
Master Boardie

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 01-09-2006

spacer
Blue Seed Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

I've started an interest in watching anime (thanks mostly to an anime store opening down the road from me) and I've seen some some good and some bad. I would have to recommend to those who like a good story, drama, humor, character development to rent Blue Seed. It's about a high school girl whose life is turned upside down when she discovers that she is destined to save Japan. She discovers things about herself and even falls in love. A great story to see if you can.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Condorfan on 27-07-2008 at 16:25.
No new posts 27-07-2008 16:25 Condorfan is offline Send an Email to Condorfan Search for Posts by Condorfan Add Condorfan to your Buddy List AIM Screenname: Fallonminx
Metaliant Metaliant is a Male
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 06-06-2005

spacer
RE: Blue Seed Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

Do you mean this.

No new posts 27-07-2008 16:30 Metaliant is offline Send an Email to Metaliant Homepage of Metaliant Search for Posts by Metaliant Add Metaliant to your Buddy List MSN Screenname: The Legend
Ebonyswanne Ebonyswanne is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Swan.

23 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 25-04-2007

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

I hadn't heard of it before but the intro looked good. The story sounds deep. Buts thats Japanese anime for you. Thats why I like Gatchaman so much.

No new posts 27-07-2008 23:09 Ebonyswanne is offline Send an Email to Ebonyswanne Search for Posts by Ebonyswanne Add Ebonyswanne to your Buddy List
Hinotori Hinotori is a Female
Babbling Loonie

I am an Eagle.

2 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 09-10-2007

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

That sounds interesting, Condorfan.

I'd like to broaden my anime horizons, but am never sure where to start... I want to watch Naruto (to see what all the hype is/was about), but so far the only version I can find on DVD is the Americanized version, or at least Netflix and Blockbuster don't seem to carry the "Uncut" version, which is the original Japanese subbed. I also seem to keep falling back into the old-school stuff... I have GoLion on my list to watch, and have already watched the first few eps of StarBlazers (as StarBlazers, not Ghost Ship Yamatto).

Anyone else have any suggestions for anime to watch?? Springie's mentioned Inu Yahshu a couple times... What else would be good to view?

Eagle Condor Swan Swallow Hootie

No new posts 27-07-2008 23:12 Hinotori is offline Send an Email to Hinotori Search for Posts by Hinotori Add Hinotori to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: Hinotori72
lborgia88 lborgia88 is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 27-06-2007

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by Hinotori

Anyone else have any suggestions for anime to watch?? Springie's mentioned Inu Yahshu a couple times... What else would be good to view?

I own all of Fullmetal Alchemist, and I enjoyed it. It's readily available, with sub/dub. I think there's 51 episodes, plus one movie that ties up some loose ends.

No new posts 28-07-2008 17:59 lborgia88 is offline Send an Email to lborgia88 Search for Posts by lborgia88 Add lborgia88 to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: lborgia88
clouddancer clouddancer is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am an Owl.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 10-04-2007

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by lborgia88
quote:

I own all of Fullmetal Alchemist, and I enjoyed it. It's readily available, with sub/dub. I think there's 51 episodes, plus one movie that ties up some loose ends.

I was going to say I watched Fullmetal as well. I started in the middle of the series and had to figure out what was going on but it was great once I understood.

Another series I watched, because it came on immediately after Fullmetal was Gundam Seed. I gather there are several newer series of this show but I was watching the first one. Unfortunately I missed the very last episode so I have been watching to see if it is shown again.

No new posts 29-07-2008 05:27 clouddancer is offline Send an Email to clouddancer Search for Posts by clouddancer Add clouddancer to your Buddy List
saturn saturn is a Female
Boardie

I am a Swan.

Registration Date: 21-05-2008

spacer

Full Metal Alchemist is a must to watch for all anime lovers.It has everything a good anime must have:fantastic story, great and beliavable character development,and a balanced dosage of humor and tragedy.

In fact, based on the online poll by TV Asahi in Japan in 2005, Full Metal Alchemist was ranked no. 1 in the list of top 100 Anime in Japan. Our beloved Gatchaman made the cut too, although it was just in the position of 91, but hey, Gatchaman has been around for more than three decades, and that itself deserved some special recognition.

For the full list, you can see it here:

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2005-09-23/tv-asahi-top-100-anime

if you prefer more Japanese mecha anime like Gundam,I must recommend Neon Genesis Evangelion , as this can be considered as one of Anime masterpiece.Be warned though, that this anime deals with controversial matters.

For something more contemporary, I truly recommend Naruto, One Piece, Bleach, Detective Conan/Case Closed (Meitantei Conan), Inu Yasha, Shaman King, Zatch Bell, and
Yu-Gi-Oh!

If you like Blue Seed, I would like to recommend The Vision Of Escaflowne (Tenku No Esukafurone) and Mysterious Play (Fushigi Yugi).

I would like also like to add that you will never appreciate the beauty if anime if you haven't watched any films made by Studio Ghibli.My recommendations are Nausicaa, Laputa, Princess Mononoke, Spirited Away, Howl's Moving Castle, and Grave Of The Fireflies (my personal favorite)

No new posts 29-07-2008 08:06 saturn is offline Send an Email to saturn Search for Posts by saturn Add saturn to your Buddy List
Ebonyswanne Ebonyswanne is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Swan.

23 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 25-04-2007

spacer

Alchemist...
I read a great deal about those early ideas that they explored interesting stuff....

It makes good work for the darker side of a Fantasy story...

Saturn you have some good knowledge to share on Japanese anime.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Ebonyswanne on 29-07-2008 at 11:42.
No new posts 29-07-2008 11:41 Ebonyswanne is offline Send an Email to Ebonyswanne Search for Posts by Ebonyswanne Add Ebonyswanne to your Buddy List
clouddancer clouddancer is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am an Owl.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 10-04-2007

spacer

Thank you for all the recommendations Saturn ... one day I may get around to watching some of them .... but then I really do like to focus on Gatchaman Gatch , so we will have to see what happens. If I spread myself too thin I might never get any work done. Wink

No new posts 29-07-2008 14:02 clouddancer is offline Send an Email to clouddancer Search for Posts by clouddancer Add clouddancer to your Buddy List
Master Boardie

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

spacer
RE: Blue Seed Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Metaliant
Do you mean this.

I can't get YouTube with my lousy connection but I'm sure that it is the same.

Basilisk is also a good story..I thought so anyway. It's like a Romeo and Juliet in feudal Japan.

No new posts 29-07-2008 19:21 Condorfan is offline Send an Email to Condorfan Search for Posts by Condorfan Add Condorfan to your Buddy List AIM Screenname: Fallonminx
Hinotori Hinotori is a Female
Babbling Loonie

I am an Eagle.

2 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 09-10-2007

spacer

Great recommendations, Saturn! There are a couple on your list I'd like to see (Evangelion and Bleach being two of them, though I don't know much about them).

And I'm a bit of a Studio Ghibli fan myself. I've only seen 4 Miyazaki films so far (Spirited Away, Princess Mononoke, Howl's, and Nausicaa) SA and PM are my faves of the ones I've seen. cinema

Eagle Condor Swan Swallow Hootie

No new posts 29-07-2008 23:33 Hinotori is offline Send an Email to Hinotori Search for Posts by Hinotori Add Hinotori to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: Hinotori72
Boardie

I am a Swan.

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by Ebonyswanne
Alchemist...
I read a great deal about those early ideas that they explored interesting stuff....

It makes good work for the darker side of a Fantasy story...

Saturn you have some good knowledge to share on Japanese anime.

Dear Ebonyswanne

Can't help it, I have to say that I am obsessed with anime, manga, dorama and even Japanese music.

No new posts 30-07-2008 13:46 saturn is offline Send an Email to saturn Search for Posts by saturn Add saturn to your Buddy List
Boardie

I am a Swan.

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by clouddancer
Thank you for all the recommendations Saturn ... one day I may get around to watching some of them .... but then I really do like to focus on Gatchaman Gatch , so we will have to see what happens. If I spread myself too thin I might never get any work done. Wink

Dear Clouddancer

ITA, I would love to focus on Gatchaman too, considering that I have never watched the Gatchaman version of my beloved cartoon, G-Force.

However, I am completely relying on YouTube to watch Gatchaman Episodes, which unfortunately are not really updated periodically by the fans.
The ADV DVD never make its way to my country, sigh, therefore I have to kill some time by watching more contemporary anime.

No new posts 30-07-2008 13:56 saturn is offline Send an Email to saturn Search for Posts by saturn Add saturn to your Buddy List
Boardie

I am a Swan.

spacer

quote:
Great recommendations, Saturn! There are a couple on your list I'd like to see (Evangelion and Bleach being two of them, though I don't know much about them).

And I'm a bit of a Studio Ghibli fan myself. I've only seen 4 Miyazaki films so far (Spirited Away, Princess Mononoke, Howl's, and Nausicaa) SA and PM are my faves of the ones I've seen. cinema

Dear Hinotori

Don't worry, sometimes knowing too much about an anime before watching it will kill the excitement due to over expectation.Smile. I have experienced it myself.

Nice to know that you are a fan of Hayao Miyazaki's works too, will strongly suggest you to get hold of Grave Of The Fireflies, I'm sure you will love it.

Well, in the end, despite all that, I still have to give my props to Gatchaman, as it is the one that brings me to this board and meeting all wonderful people here,Smile

No new posts 30-07-2008 15:21 saturn is offline Send an Email to saturn Search for Posts by saturn Add saturn to your Buddy List
Master Boardie

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by saturn
[quote]Dear Clouddancer

ITA, I would love to focus on Gatchaman too, considering that I have never watched the Gatchaman version of my beloved cartoon, G-Force.

However, I am completely relying on YouTube to watch Gatchaman Episodes, which unfortunately are not really updated periodically by the fans.
The ADV DVD never make its way to my country, sigh, therefore I have to kill some time by watching more contemporary anime.

Saturn could you get a region free DVD player where you are? Then you could get and watch the Gatchaman DVD's.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Condorfan on 30-07-2008 at 15:39.
No new posts 30-07-2008 15:39 Condorfan is offline Send an Email to Condorfan Search for Posts by Condorfan Add Condorfan to your Buddy List AIM Screenname: Fallonminx
Boardie

I am a Swan.

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by Condorfan

Saturn could you get a region free DVD player where you are? Then you could get and watch the Gatchaman DVD's.

Dear Condorfan

In fact, my current DVD player is region free.

Are you going to suggest that I buy them online?because I would rather not buying them online, at least, not from my place.The security of the internet system in my country is so weak, all those hackers can easily track down all of my personal info from a single online transaction.

Or perhaps you have better suggestions, Condorfan?Would really appreciate that.

No new posts 30-07-2008 16:26 saturn is offline Send an Email to saturn Search for Posts by saturn Add saturn to your Buddy List
Master Boardie

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

Dear Saturn,

I can understand your feelings about Internet security. I worry each time I use it. I really don't feel safe myself getting things online. I don't know if the ADV DVD's can be copied because if so then that's what we could do.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Condorfan on 31-07-2008 at 22:02.
No new posts 31-07-2008 22:02 Condorfan is offline Send an Email to Condorfan Search for Posts by Condorfan Add Condorfan to your Buddy List AIM Screenname: Fallonminx
Boardie

I am a Swan.

spacer

Dear Condorfan

Thank you very much for your suggestion.To tell you the truth, despite any write/copy protection in DVDs today, any DVD should be able to be easily cracked and copied nowadays.

However, that is not the route that I am going to choose right now,Smile!I have actually ordered the DVDs long ago from an Anime shop at my place, but so far no luck. Hopefully, they can get hold of the DVDs soon.

Hope that you can enjoy more anime with the opening of anime shop near your place. There are indeed many other fantastic anime worth checking out.

No new posts 01-08-2008 01:15 saturn is offline Send an Email to saturn Search for Posts by saturn Add saturn to your Buddy List
Master Boardie

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

Dear Saturn:

I would like to be able to help you get the DVD's. If you continue to have problems, PM me and perhaps I can try here or through some websites where I have had some success or even through eBay. My brother has high speed internet and better security with his network so I could be your intermediary and see if we can get those DVD's for you.

No new posts 01-08-2008 15:17 Condorfan is offline Send an Email to Condorfan Search for Posts by Condorfan Add Condorfan to your Buddy List AIM Screenname: Fallonminx
lborgia88 lborgia88 is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 27-06-2007

spacer

quote:

I have Evangelion. The basic premise is that about 15 years after a destructive global calamity, a heavily fortified underground research complex is using giant robot-type things called "Evas" (whose origins are mysterious) to combat attacks by other giant robot-type things called "Angels" (also with mysterious origins). For certain reasons, the human pilots of the Evas are all about 14 years old, and one of them is the estranged son of the man who runs the research complex. It seems like a mostly action-oriented premise, but it sort of turns into a study of various psychological states -depression being the key one. Even though it wasn't what I was expecting, it was always interesting. But, I think I liked Fullmetal Alchemist better.

If you're reluctant to purchase Evangelion or Fullmetal Alchemist, unseen, and if they aren't readily rentable, I could easily stick them in a box and mail them from Indiana to New Jersey on an extended loan.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by lborgia88 on 01-08-2008 at 18:05.
No new posts 01-08-2008 17:36 lborgia88 is offline Send an Email to lborgia88 Search for Posts by lborgia88 Add lborgia88 to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: lborgia88
[1]  2  next »  --> Members browsing this thread: none Pages (2): [1]  2  next » 
Post New Thread Post Reply
Rate Thread: 

very bad very bad 

very good very good 

Go to: