Gatchamania.net
Register Memberlist Staff Search FAQ Arcade Calendar Gallery Filebase Forums Home  

Gatchamania.net »[Entertainment] »Anime & Cartoons » old or new or maybe both?
Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (5): « first ...  « previous  3  4  [5]  Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page old or new or maybe both?
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Hinotori Hinotori is a Female
Babbling Loonie

I am an Eagle.

2 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 09-10-2007

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by BuddyParaiso
A I'm also a fan of Hayao Miyasaki's Nausicaa of the Valley of the Wind. Elfsmile2

quote:
Originally posted by meg
Now I've discovered "Howl's Flying Castle" and "Spirited Away" by Hayao Miyazaki. Animeluv I'm looking forward to seeing more of his films.

I've quickly turned into a Hayao Miyazaki/Ghibli Studios fan. I recently started watching his films and I'm completely taken with the storytelling and animation. So far I've watched Princess Mononoke, Spirited Away, and Howl's Moving Castle. I've enjoyed all three, but PM and SA edged out Howl's for me. There was just something about the stories of San and Ashitaka and Chihiro/Sen and Haku. I didn't feel the same tie between Howl and Sophie in Howl's... Maybe because that one was based on a book and was not a Ghibli original story.

But I just received Narsicaa today and I'm going to watch it over the weekend. I'm sooo looking forward to seeing this film!

Glad to see there are other Miyazaki/Ghibli fans here!

Eagle Condor Swan Swallow Hootie

No new posts 02-07-2008 22:12 Hinotori is offline Send an Email to Hinotori Search for Posts by Hinotori Add Hinotori to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: Hinotori72
meg meg is a Female
Boardie

I am a Swan.

Registration Date: 06-02-2008

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

I haven't seen the other ones yet, but I'm slowly collecting them. I think they're worth having!

No new posts 04-07-2008 18:47 meg is offline Send an Email to meg Search for Posts by meg Add meg to your Buddy List
lborgia88 lborgia88 is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 27-06-2007

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by Hinotori
What?? We have another Smurfs fan on the board??? Oh how smurfy!! Smurf

I believe we have a few other Smurf aficionados on the board... Mabe a closet Smurfette or two?? ROFL 2

I'm not sure what became of my smurf collection. Last I heard, my father had kept it (and my lego) around because my step-mother's grandchildren liked to play with it, but that was about 10 years ago. I'm going to be in Nova Scotia in a few weeks, and I'm going to look for it.

I had smurfs before I even knew they were smurfs. In 1978, my older brother spent the summer in Germany, and brought me two smurfs as a gift. I had no clue what they were, so he told me they were "schlumpf" (I think that's the word he used) and that they were blue gnome-like things that lived in forests. One of them had a red hat and a beard, which my brother explained meant that he was the leader. Two years later, they were all over North America, and then the cartoon came out...

No new posts 04-07-2008 19:17 lborgia88 is offline Send an Email to lborgia88 Search for Posts by lborgia88 Add lborgia88 to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: lborgia88
Transmute Jun Transmute Jun is a Female
Queen of the Bird Missiles

I am a Swan.

40 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 04-04-2007

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by lborgia88
quote:
Originally posted by Transmute Jun
quote:
Originally posted by lborgia88
As a kid, after BOTP went off the air, my next favourite cartoon was the Smurfs (don't ask me why -I was a kid

I KNEW there was a reason I liked you, LB! You're so smurfy! I loved the Smurfs too!!!

I wasn't the only one? Yay! I guess now I can admit that I collected the little model smurfs, and had two smurf mushroom houses and a smurf windmill.

So cool! We went to Europe in 1983 and I remember buying German Schtroumpf comics and desperately trying to remember the language. I have no idea where they went... probably in the trash with my old Dandy and Beezer issues from the UK...

No new posts 04-07-2008 19:41 Transmute Jun is offline Send an Email to Transmute Jun Homepage of Transmute Jun Search for Posts by Transmute Jun Add Transmute Jun to your Buddy List
Condorfan Condorfan is a Female
Master Boardie

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 01-09-2006

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by Hinotori
quote:
Originally posted by BuddyParaiso
A I'm also a fan of Hayao Miyasaki's Nausicaa of the Valley of the Wind. Elfsmile2

quote:
Originally posted by meg
Now I've discovered "Howl's Flying Castle" and "Spirited Away" by Hayao Miyazaki. Animeluv I'm looking forward to seeing more of his films.

I've quickly turned into a Hayao Miyazaki/Ghibli Studios fan. I recently started watching his films and I'm completely taken with the storytelling and animation. So far I've watched Princess Mononoke, Spirited Away, and Howl's Moving Castle. I've enjoyed all three, but PM and SA edged out Howl's for me. There was just something about the stories of San and Ashitaka and Chihiro/Sen and Haku. I didn't feel the same tie between Howl and Sophie in Howl's... Maybe because that one was based on a book and was not a Ghibli original story.

But I just received Narsicaa today and I'm going to watch it over the weekend. I'm sooo looking forward to seeing this film!

Glad to see there are other Miyazaki/Ghibli fans here!

Me too! I've got Howl's Moving Castle and Princess Mononoke. I've recently seen My Neighbor Totoro and Castle in the Sky--both good--Totoro especially for younger children. I can hardly wait to see Miyazaki's next work.

Sorry, I was never into the Smurfs. Just a bit too cutesy for me.

No new posts 10-07-2008 20:07 Condorfan is offline Send an Email to Condorfan Search for Posts by Condorfan Add Condorfan to your Buddy List AIM Screenname: Fallonminx
Hinotori Hinotori is a Female
Babbling Loonie

I am an Eagle.

2 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 09-10-2007

spacer

I did read somewhere that Miyazaki is working on another film (I think this makes the second or third time he's come out of retirement). Hmmm, let me see if I can find the info.

Ah, here it is. From Wikipedia (of course), so take it FWIW.

"In 2006, Nausicaa.net reported Hayao Miyazaki's plans to direct another film, rumored to be set in Kobe. Among areas Miyazaki's team visited during pre-production were an old café run by an elderly couple, and the view of a city from high in the mountains. The exact location of these places is censored from Studio Ghibli's production diaries. The studio has also announced that Miyazaki has begun creating storyboards for the film and that they are being produced in watercolor because the film will have an "unusual visual style." Studio Ghibli anticipates a production time of 20 months, with release slated for Summer 2008.

In 2007, the film's title was publicly announced as Gake no ue no Ponyo, literally "Ponyo on a Cliff." The story is said to revolve around a five-year old boy, Sosuke, and the Princess goldfish, Ponyo, who wants to become human. Studio Ghibli President Toshio Suzuki noted that "70 to 80% of the film takes place at sea. It will be a directors challenge on how they will express the sea and its waves with freehand drawing." The film will probably not contain any computer generated imagery, or CGI, in contrast to Miyazaki's other recent work."

Eagle Condor Swan Swallow Hootie

No new posts 10-07-2008 22:55 Hinotori is offline Send an Email to Hinotori Search for Posts by Hinotori Add Hinotori to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: Hinotori72
gatchgirl
Babbling Loonie

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 08-03-2006

spacer

I have The Cat Returns (I think thats the title to it) It was well worth watching.

Racer by day, Feather Thrower all the time!

No new posts 11-07-2008 22:40 gatchgirl is offline Send an Email to gatchgirl Search for Posts by gatchgirl Add gatchgirl to your Buddy List
« first ...  « previous  3  4  [5]  --> Members browsing this thread: none Pages (5): « first ...  « previous  3  4  [5] 
Post New Thread Post Reply
Rate Thread: 

very bad very bad 

very good very good 

Go to: