Gatchamania.net
Register Memberlist Staff Search FAQ Arcade Calendar Gallery Filebase Forums Home  

Gatchamania.net »[Speak Up!] »General Discussion » I'm feeling ill...
Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (2): [1]  2  next »  Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page I'm feeling ill...
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Condorfan Condorfan is a Female
Master Boardie

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 01-09-2006

spacer
I'm feeling ill... Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

I've developed a terrible cough and sore throat. Does anyone know any products or remedies that could help? Thanks in advance..Sick1 Sick2

No new posts 17-06-2008 16:10 Condorfan is offline Send an Email to Condorfan Search for Posts by Condorfan Add Condorfan to your Buddy List AIM Screenname: Fallonminx
kimiko kimiko is a Female
Forum God

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 23-09-2007

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

I'm prone to bronchitus & sinusitis...so I'd go to see the doctor, she prescribes me Co-Actifed (copying from bottle...Triprolidine/Codeine/Pseudoephedrine) cough syrup. Robitussin DM with Codeine is good too.

In the meantime, I've found Ricola (the echinaeca sp? ones) herbal lozenges, chamomile or peppermint tea with honey, and gargling with salt water helpful. Then there's Chloraseptic throat spray, that numbs the sore throat good...get the cherry flavoured one..it's less mediciney-tasting.

Hope you feel better soon...

No new posts 17-06-2008 16:40 kimiko is offline Send an Email to kimiko Search for Posts by kimiko Add kimiko to your Buddy List
Springie Springie is a Female
Her Royal Fluffiness...Swan of Swans...

I am a Swan.

6 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 12-06-2006

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

There is no problem that cannot be solved with time, patience, and a judicious amount of high explosives.

No new posts 17-06-2008 16:54 Springie is offline Send an Email to Springie Homepage of Springie Search for Posts by Springie Add Springie to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: Springie MSN Screenname: Springie
SJ_SwanJun SJ_SwanJun is a Female
Forum Goddess

I am a Red Squadron.

9 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 26-04-2007

spacer

NEOCITRAN!!!

Neocitran is the greatest product on the planet!!

Whenever I feel something come on I drink a hot one of those and by morning I feel great!

It is the best preemptive strike stuff I've ever tried -- and it actually tastes damn good!

Failing that, NyQuil and DayQuil are great options, though warnings of comatose periods of existence should be made on all NyQuil bottles! That stuff knocks me on my ass.

Flash swears by Buckleys ...

Hope you're feeling better! A sick and grumbly Condor is a dangerous thing

SJ

Sighhh

Why do men snore when lying on their backs?
Because their balls fall over their butt holes and they vapour lock.

No new posts 17-06-2008 17:50 SJ_SwanJun is offline Send an Email to SJ_SwanJun Search for Posts by SJ_SwanJun Add SJ_SwanJun to your Buddy List
amyltrer amyltrer is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am an Egoblosser.

4 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 02-12-2006

spacer

Hot teas and a teaspoon of honey! It soothes the pain!

And pills!

No new posts 17-06-2008 18:47 amyltrer is offline Send an Email to amyltrer Search for Posts by amyltrer Add amyltrer to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: amyltrer MSN Screenname: amyltrer@hotmail.com
clouddancer clouddancer is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am an Owl.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 10-04-2007

spacer

Sorry I really can not help you. I tend to suffer through the pain during the day.
At night I use NyQuil, as SJ suggests, and then if it knocks me out I am at home anyways.

Hope you feel better soon.

No new posts 17-06-2008 21:09 clouddancer is offline Send an Email to clouddancer Search for Posts by clouddancer Add clouddancer to your Buddy List
Ebonyswanne Ebonyswanne is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Swan.

23 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 25-04-2007

spacer

A nip of brandy in your hot chocolate, helps you sleep for hours...

No new posts 17-06-2008 21:53 Ebonyswanne is offline Send an Email to Ebonyswanne Search for Posts by Ebonyswanne Add Ebonyswanne to your Buddy List
Hinotori Hinotori is a Female
Babbling Loonie

I am an Eagle.

2 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 09-10-2007

spacer

Wow, who knew we had so many doctors on the list?? And, amazingly, most prescribed some heavy-duty drugs (or alcohol!). Gotta love it!! Big Grin

Hope you feel better soon, Condorfan!

Eagle Condor Swan Swallow Hootie

No new posts 17-06-2008 21:58 Hinotori is offline Send an Email to Hinotori Search for Posts by Hinotori Add Hinotori to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: Hinotori72
Gatchamaniac

I am an Owl.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by Hinotori
Wow, who knew we had so many doctors on the list?? And, amazingly, most prescribed some heavy-duty drugs (or alcohol!). Gotta love it!! Big Grin

Hope you feel better soon, Condorfan!

NyQuil is a heavy duty drug?
I thought I was just a light weight.
After all one glass of wine and I am out like a light as well.

No new posts 17-06-2008 22:01 clouddancer is offline Send an Email to clouddancer Search for Posts by clouddancer Add clouddancer to your Buddy List
Transmute Jun Transmute Jun is a Female
Queen of the Bird Missiles

I am a Swan.

40 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 04-04-2007

spacer

I hope you are feeling better! Huggles

No new posts 17-06-2008 23:00 Transmute Jun is offline Send an Email to Transmute Jun Homepage of Transmute Jun Search for Posts by Transmute Jun Add Transmute Jun to your Buddy List
Master Boardie

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

Wow, Thanks for the great advice and good wishes everyone--I'll give them a try!

Where's Dr. Nambu when you need him?Sick2

No new posts 18-06-2008 00:12 Condorfan is offline Send an Email to Condorfan Search for Posts by Condorfan Add Condorfan to your Buddy List AIM Screenname: Fallonminx
trideegurl2 trideegurl2 is a Female
Honoured Member

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 25-04-2008

spacer

quote:
A nip of brandy in your hot chocolate, helps you sleep for hours...

HAHAHAHA yeah that'll do it there!

i hope you feel better soon! I tried these losenges that worked SO WELL, i just cant remember the name of them..... Frown so sorry

Flower

Car

No new posts 18-06-2008 01:16 trideegurl2 is offline Send an Email to trideegurl2 Search for Posts by trideegurl2 Add trideegurl2 to your Buddy List
Ebonyswanne Ebonyswanne is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Swan.

23 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 25-04-2007

spacer

Dr.Nambu steps into the tread with the SNT behind him turns and looks around..."I'm a scientist, not a medical doctor."

Ken looks over at Joe. "Whats the name of that dodgy doctor you went to see..."

Joe smirked... "Condorfan you have three days to live..."

This post has been edited 2 time(s), it was last edited by Ebonyswanne on 18-06-2008 at 09:10.
Reason: spelling error..Oppss
No new posts 18-06-2008 01:56 Ebonyswanne is offline Send an Email to Ebonyswanne Search for Posts by Ebonyswanne Add Ebonyswanne to your Buddy List
SJ_SwanJun SJ_SwanJun is a Female
Forum Goddess

I am a Red Squadron.

9 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 26-04-2007

spacer

NyQuil is a heavy drug ... it is!!

Dennis Leary talks about its potency in his No Cure for Cancer show ...

Want a laugh? Watch this short bit...

NyQuil

:LOL:

SJ

Sighhh

Why do men snore when lying on their backs?
Because their balls fall over their butt holes and they vapour lock.

No new posts 18-06-2008 02:00 SJ_SwanJun is offline Send an Email to SJ_SwanJun Search for Posts by SJ_SwanJun Add SJ_SwanJun to your Buddy List
Master Boardie

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by Ebonyswanne
Dr.Nambu steps into the tread with the SNT behind him looks and looks around..."I'm a scientist, not a medical doctor."

Ken looks over Joe. "Whats the name of that dodgy doctor you went to see..."

Joe smirked... "Condorfan you have three days to live..."

Hmmm...see Joe's quack doctor or have Nambu put me in the centrifuge...tough choice. Sick1

No new posts 18-06-2008 05:05 Condorfan is offline Send an Email to Condorfan Search for Posts by Condorfan Add Condorfan to your Buddy List AIM Screenname: Fallonminx
Gatchamaniac

I am an Owl.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

Do you think snuggling up to a nice warm Condor body would help?

No new posts 18-06-2008 12:21 clouddancer is offline Send an Email to clouddancer Search for Posts by clouddancer Add clouddancer to your Buddy List
meg meg is a Female
Boardie

I am a Swan.

Registration Date: 06-02-2008

spacer

Huggles I hope you feel better soon.

No new posts 18-06-2008 14:23 meg is offline Send an Email to meg Search for Posts by meg Add meg to your Buddy List
Metaliant Metaliant is a Male
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 06-06-2005

spacer

My supervisor yesterday was having problems with his stomach but thought that he needed to Toilet2 but I just found out this morning, that he went into the hospital.

No new posts 18-06-2008 15:08 Metaliant is offline Send an Email to Metaliant Homepage of Metaliant Search for Posts by Metaliant Add Metaliant to your Buddy List MSN Screenname: The Legend
Firebird
Princess Firebird..... Goddess of Swannie Fics

I am a Swan.

63 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 01-07-2002

spacer

Hope you are feeling better condorfan!

No new posts 18-06-2008 15:30 Firebird is offline Send an Email to Firebird Search for Posts by Firebird Add Firebird to your Buddy List AIM Screenname: Taishala YIM Screenname: taishala
Transmute Jun Transmute Jun is a Female
Queen of the Bird Missiles

I am a Swan.

40 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 04-04-2007

spacer

How are you feeling today?

No new posts 18-06-2008 20:43 Transmute Jun is offline Send an Email to Transmute Jun Homepage of Transmute Jun Search for Posts by Transmute Jun Add Transmute Jun to your Buddy List
[1]  2  next »  --> Members browsing this thread: none Pages (2): [1]  2  next » 
Post New Thread Post Reply
Rate Thread: 

very bad very bad 

very good very good 

Go to: