Gatchamania.net
Register Memberlist Staff Search FAQ Arcade Calendar Gallery Filebase Forums Home  

Gatchamania.net »[Gatchaman Library] »Gatchaman Chat » Gatchaman at San Diego Comic-Con
Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (2): [1]  2  next »  Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Gatchaman at San Diego Comic-Con
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Condorfan Condorfan is a Female
Master Boardie

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 01-09-2006

spacer
Gatchaman at San Diego Comic-Con Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

I'm thinking about visiting the San Diego Comic-Con (hopefully) but I was wondering does anyone think that there will be any information or a trailer for the new Gatchaman film or am just wishful thinking. Question

No new posts 05-06-2008 00:36 Condorfan is offline Send an Email to Condorfan Search for Posts by Condorfan Add Condorfan to your Buddy List AIM Screenname: Fallonminx
gatchgirl
Babbling Loonie

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 08-03-2006

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

I've wondered the same thing, though work has now tried to secure a wrench into the mix, so I can't even consider going.

Racer by day, Feather Thrower all the time!

No new posts 05-06-2008 00:37 gatchgirl is offline Send an Email to gatchgirl Search for Posts by gatchgirl Add gatchgirl to your Buddy List
tatsunokofan tatsunokofan is a Male
Gatch Guru

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 03-12-2006

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

Hi all!

That's something of a mystery question at this point. Last year, it seemed pretty likely, but with the complete change of production staff the film had earlier this year, it's hard to say. Imagi hasn't even made an official announcement regarding the new crew. When I asked Jun Falkenstein (The unofficial new Director for the film) when they were would be likely to make their announcement, her response was "There's a few things holding that up, but I'm hoping they might be worked out before ComiCon." Obviously, we're hoping so as well, and that she'll be at the convention and be in a position where she can talk about it. Sadly, we may not know for certain until just before the convention.

Of course, regardless of whether there is anything about the movie happening at the con, there will still be a number of fans in attendance, so it's a great chance to get together with people who speak the same fannish language.

While on the subject of the con, I should mention that 4-day membership for the convention have now sold out. 1-day memberships are still available for all four days, but expect Friday and Saturday to sell out within the next few weeks. If you think you're going to attend, buy your memberships now, as there will be NO memberships sold at the door. Information regarding the convention can be found at their official website, at:

http://www.comic-con.org/

If I hear anything concrete regarding Imagi or Jun Falkenstein being at the convention, I'll make sure to post it here.

James

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by tatsunokofan on 05-06-2008 at 01:00.
No new posts 05-06-2008 00:59 tatsunokofan is offline Send an Email to tatsunokofan Search for Posts by tatsunokofan Add tatsunokofan to your Buddy List
Ebonyswanne Ebonyswanne is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Swan.

23 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 25-04-2007

spacer

I'd love that Tats...Being in Australia makes it had to go to these things. Thats when I feel isolated from the Gatchworld. The convention sounds HUGE!!!!

No new posts 05-06-2008 01:37 Ebonyswanne is offline Send an Email to Ebonyswanne Search for Posts by Ebonyswanne Add Ebonyswanne to your Buddy List
Gatch Guru

0 fics uploaded

spacer

Hi all!

Just another reminder message for those of you planning to attend the San Diego Comic Con, the annual meeting spot for Gatchaman fans, but who still haven't purchased a membership for the convention: the 1-day memberships are for sale on the con website, and by the look of things, 75% of the available memberships for Saturday have been sold (With around 25% sold for Friday, and around 15% of Thursday and Sunday being sold). If you plan on attending the convention, you'll want to buy your memberships NOW . 4-day memberships are already sold out, and at this rate, the Saturday memberships will be gone within a week, and there will be NO memberships sold at the door.

For those looking to purchase memberships, or for more information regarding the convention in general, this can be found at:

I look forward to seeing as many Gatchaman fans as possible there!

James

This post has been edited 3 time(s), it was last edited by tatsunokofan on 11-06-2008 at 22:01.
No new posts 11-06-2008 22:00 tatsunokofan is offline Send an Email to tatsunokofan Search for Posts by tatsunokofan Add tatsunokofan to your Buddy List
Transmute Jun Transmute Jun is a Female
Queen of the Bird Missiles

I am a Swan.

40 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 04-04-2007

spacer

James, I already have my 4 day pass, but I'm wondering how to sign up for the GatchaCon events? Do you have any information about that?

No new posts 12-06-2008 00:27 Transmute Jun is offline Send an Email to Transmute Jun Homepage of Transmute Jun Search for Posts by Transmute Jun Add Transmute Jun to your Buddy List
Gatch Guru

0 fics uploaded

spacer

There really isn't any sort of official sign up, as it's more a matter of simply showing up. I haven't seen a schedule, but the first official event is usually the lunch get-together at noon on Thursday, where everyone meets in the open seating area under the sails on the top floor of the convention center (With similar get-togethers every day at the same time and place).

On an unofficial level, most of us have already run into each other during the Comic Con's Preview Night on Wednesday. We can generally be found at the booth run by Nichibei Anime when Preview Night opens (Nichibei hasn't had any new Gatchaman-related merchandise in a few years, but hope springs eternal...!). We should be easy to recognize, since we'll be the ones running around in various Gatchaman design T-shirts from the past GatchaCons.

James

No new posts 12-06-2008 02:46 tatsunokofan is offline Send an Email to tatsunokofan Search for Posts by tatsunokofan Add tatsunokofan to your Buddy List

I am a Swan.

40 fics uploaded

spacer

Looking forward to seeing you there! Wednesday night I'll probably be in 'civvies', but on Thursday I'll be wearing my Swan costume. I'll be hard to miss then! Big Grin

No new posts 12-06-2008 03:01 Transmute Jun is offline Send an Email to Transmute Jun Homepage of Transmute Jun Search for Posts by Transmute Jun Add Transmute Jun to your Buddy List
Firebird
Princess Firebird..... Goddess of Swannie Fics

I am a Swan.

63 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 01-07-2002

spacer

Do we get to see a pic of this TJ?

No new posts 12-06-2008 04:23 Firebird is offline Send an Email to Firebird Search for Posts by Firebird Add Firebird to your Buddy List AIM Screenname: Taishala YIM Screenname: taishala
Metaliant Metaliant is a Male
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 06-06-2005

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by Ebonyswanne
I'd love that Tats...Being in Australia makes it had to go to these things. Thats when I feel isolated from the Gatchworld. The convention sounds HUGE!!!!

Same here Ebony, thought we do have a few conventions in this country, we don't have the huge ones that are in the US.

I did manage to go to one in Milton Keynes once and managed to get an autograph of Jon Pertwee (the 3rd Doctor Who), but I wish I could go to one of the American ones.

Also in the film Galaxy Quest, there's a funny scene at the beginning of the film at a Sci-Fi Convention and another one near the end of the film.

Does that remind you of a certain Sci-Fi series and it's sequals?

No new posts 12-06-2008 06:11 Metaliant is offline Send an Email to Metaliant Homepage of Metaliant Search for Posts by Metaliant Add Metaliant to your Buddy List MSN Screenname: The Legend
Metaliant Metaliant is a Male
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 06-06-2005

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by Firebird

Ooooo I hope so.

No new posts 12-06-2008 06:12 Metaliant is offline Send an Email to Metaliant Homepage of Metaliant Search for Posts by Metaliant Add Metaliant to your Buddy List MSN Screenname: The Legend

I am a Swan.

40 fics uploaded

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by Firebird

Eventually.... Wink

No new posts 12-06-2008 16:06 Transmute Jun is offline Send an Email to Transmute Jun Homepage of Transmute Jun Search for Posts by Transmute Jun Add Transmute Jun to your Buddy List
Gatch Guru

0 fics uploaded

spacer

Hi all!

Just a quick update to let people know that the 1-day memberships for Saturday have now sold out. There are still plenty of 1-day memberships available for Thursday, Friday, and Sunday, but I suspect that sales for Friday will pick up quickly now that Saturday is unavailable. So, if you're planning to attend, buy your tickets now . They can be purchased online at:

There will be no tickets sold at the door, and it's likely that memberships for all four days will be sold out in the next few weeks.

This con has been the official meeting place for Gatchaman fans since 1997, so if you'd like to get together with your fellow fans, this is the place to do it! The more the merrier, so I hope we'll see you there!

James

No new posts 17-06-2008 19:25 tatsunokofan is offline Send an Email to tatsunokofan Search for Posts by tatsunokofan Add tatsunokofan to your Buddy List
Gatch Guru

0 fics uploaded

spacer

Hi all!

I wanted to let all of you know about a small change in the schedule for things during the con. I had said earlier that the first official gathering at the con would be at noon on Thursday (As opposed to the unofficial get-togethers many of us will probably have on Wednesday afternoon and evening when the con starts...). It turns out that some people won't be arriving at the convention until around noon on Thursday.

So these late arrivals won't miss out on seeing everyone, we were asked if it was possible to move that first get-together back a little. So, to try to accommodate them, we've pushed the first lunch meeting back to 1:30 on Thursday. The location hasn't changed, it'll still be in the open seating area under the sails on the top floor of the convention center. The lunch meetings on Friday, Saturday, and Sunday should still be at noon.

Now watch Imagi be scheduled to have a panel at the con at 1:30 on Thursday...

James

No new posts 22-06-2008 08:43 tatsunokofan is offline Send an Email to tatsunokofan Search for Posts by tatsunokofan Add tatsunokofan to your Buddy List
katsesama
Exalted Member

I am a Berg Katse.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 17-12-2007

spacer

Well, if that's the case, the late arrivals will just have to miss lunch -- and meet everyone after the Imagi panel, since they'll all be there. The late arrivals must be flexible, and I know Wink that they appreciate the move of lunch to 1:30 (barring important Imagi panels!) on their behalf. Grouphug

Using psychology in your fanfic? WritersGuidetoPsychology.com

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by katsesama on 23-06-2008 at 16:44.
No new posts 23-06-2008 16:42 katsesama is offline Send an Email to katsesama Search for Posts by katsesama Add katsesama to your Buddy List

I am a Swan.

40 fics uploaded

spacer

Katsesama, are you going tio be coming then? I am hoping tp meet you IRL!

No new posts 30-06-2008 14:11 Transmute Jun is offline Send an Email to Transmute Jun Homepage of Transmute Jun Search for Posts by Transmute Jun Add Transmute Jun to your Buddy List
Springie Springie is a Female
Her Royal Fluffiness...Swan of Swans...

I am a Swan.

6 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 12-06-2006

spacer

I think she is coming! WOOHOO!!

There is no problem that cannot be solved with time, patience, and a judicious amount of high explosives.

No new posts 30-06-2008 14:16 Springie is offline Send an Email to Springie Homepage of Springie Search for Posts by Springie Add Springie to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: Springie MSN Screenname: Springie

I am a Swan.

40 fics uploaded

spacer

Okay, what gives?????????

They just released all of the schedules for Comicon and I see NOTHING on Imagi or Astro Boy! I did searches just to make sure.

WHERE ARE THEY???????????????

No new posts 13-07-2008 02:47 Transmute Jun is offline Send an Email to Transmute Jun Homepage of Transmute Jun Search for Posts by Transmute Jun Add Transmute Jun to your Buddy List
katsesama
Exalted Member

I am a Berg Katse.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 17-12-2007

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by Transmute Jun
Katsesama, are you going tio be coming then? I am hoping tp meet you IRL!

Oops, sorry I missed this earlier!

Yes, I'm the latecomer. I get in about noon on Thursday, and so I'll be at lunch at 1:30!

As for Imagi not being on the schedule, I think tatsunokofan mentioned that they have a booth?

Using psychology in your fanfic? WritersGuidetoPsychology.com

No new posts 13-07-2008 04:15 katsesama is offline Send an Email to katsesama Search for Posts by katsesama Add katsesama to your Buddy List

I am a Swan.

40 fics uploaded

spacer

Whoo hoo! woohoo We'll be looking forward to meeting up with you, Katsesama!

No new posts 13-07-2008 04:20 Transmute Jun is offline Send an Email to Transmute Jun Homepage of Transmute Jun Search for Posts by Transmute Jun Add Transmute Jun to your Buddy List
[1]  2  next »  --> Members browsing this thread: none Pages (2): [1]  2  next » 
Post New Thread Post Reply
Rate Thread: 

very bad very bad 

very good very good 

Go to: