Gatchamania.net
Register Memberlist Staff Search FAQ Arcade Calendar Gallery Filebase Forums Home  

Gatchamania.net »[Speak Up!] »Introductions » A birdie returning to the nest...
Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (2): [1]  2  next »  Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page A birdie returning to the nest...
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Condorfan Condorfan is a Female
Master Boardie

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 01-09-2006

spacer
A birdie returning to the nest... Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

Hello everyone:

Although I'm not a new member, I don't think I ever really introduced myself. My name is Susan and I first became acquainted with Gatchaman when it was shown in the U.S. as Battle of the Planets. I really loved the show (but despised 7-Zark-7). I missed its incarnations as G-Force and Eagle Riders. In fact, I hadn't even known that BOTP was taken from Gatchaman until 2005 when ADV released the DVD's (thanks, ADV!) I was struck with how mature the themes were and the detail to character development. I haven't seen Gatchaman II or Gatchaman F but I was recently able to get Eagle Riders off of Ebay so it's the next best thing.

I realize I haven't been on the boards for some time but my personal life has been very difficult. I lost my job, my mother passed away, and just recently I lost my aunt. So I haven't been indifferent--just really hurting. But I would like to talk with people on this site--I've been enjoying reading your posts and the wonderful fics and the art is superb. I'm hoping we can all get to know each other and have some fun along the way.

Eagle Condor Swan Swallow Hootie

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Condorfan on 23-05-2008 at 16:46.
No new posts 23-05-2008 16:31 Condorfan is offline Send an Email to Condorfan Search for Posts by Condorfan Add Condorfan to your Buddy List AIM Screenname: Fallonminx
Transmute Jun Transmute Jun is a Female
Queen of the Bird Missiles

I am a Swan.

40 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 04-04-2007

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

I'm sorry to hear that things have been so bad for you, Susan. I think I've seen you around on the BOTP Mailing List. I'm glad you're here, and it sounds like you've come to the right place.

Nice to see you! Huggles

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Transmute Jun on 23-05-2008 at 17:34.
No new posts 23-05-2008 17:34 Transmute Jun is offline Send an Email to Transmute Jun Homepage of Transmute Jun Search for Posts by Transmute Jun Add Transmute Jun to your Buddy List
gatchgirl
Babbling Loonie

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 08-03-2006

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

Condorfan, it's great to see you back around, another Condor fan is great!

I'm sorry for all of the hardships that have been coming down on you. Huggles

Racer by day, Feather Thrower all the time!

No new posts 23-05-2008 18:24 gatchgirl is offline Send an Email to gatchgirl Search for Posts by gatchgirl Add gatchgirl to your Buddy List
Springie Springie is a Female
Her Royal Fluffiness...Swan of Swans...

I am a Swan.

6 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 12-06-2006

spacer

Good to have you back in the fold, Condorfan! So sorry to hear that RL has been difficult...Huggles

There is no problem that cannot be solved with time, patience, and a judicious amount of high explosives.

No new posts 23-05-2008 19:15 Springie is offline Send an Email to Springie Homepage of Springie Search for Posts by Springie Add Springie to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: Springie MSN Screenname: Springie
lborgia88 lborgia88 is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 27-06-2007

spacer

Condorfan, I'm sorry you've had to deal with so much stress and sadness. We're all ready here to try to cheer you up whenever you need us.

I'm like you in that I watched BOTP as a kid, and one day in late 2006, I googled it and first learned about Gatchaman, and that ADV was putting it out on DVD. I immediately began ordering it. For me, a big part of the fun was watching all 105 episodes with my nephew, who was 10 at the time. He loved it as much as I did, and we had a great time. His mother (my older sister) thought we were nuts. Gatchaman really did make me feel like a kid again, and just detached me from all the stress I was dealing with from grad school at the time. But, it also really drew me in as an adult too, with how well the characters and their relationships were presented and developed. At the time, I'd read so much about Gatchaman on the internet, I was completely spoiled and knew exactly what was going to happen to Joe, but my nephew didn't, and in the end, I had to tell him that Joe wasn't really dead, and that he comes back in the second series, to spare my nephew some grief!

No new posts 23-05-2008 19:53 lborgia88 is offline Send an Email to lborgia88 Search for Posts by lborgia88 Add lborgia88 to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: lborgia88

I am a Swan.

40 fics uploaded

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by lborgia88
and in the end, I had to tell him that Joe wasn't really dead, and that he comes back in the second series, to spare my nephew some grief!

LOL, LB! I had to do the same thing! My DD was 5 and my DS was 3, and I took them right to Rebeokah's screenshot site and showed them how Joe 'came back'.

Then, about 9 months later, I got my hands on ER and we watched the series together. When they showed the Joe Returns ep, my DS was shouting, "Joe! Joe! Joe! Joe!" and my DD was bouncing up and down on the couch.

Me? I was laughing myself sick at 'When the Ants Come Marching In'.... Big Grin

No new posts 23-05-2008 21:29 Transmute Jun is offline Send an Email to Transmute Jun Homepage of Transmute Jun Search for Posts by Transmute Jun Add Transmute Jun to your Buddy List
lborgia88 lborgia88 is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 27-06-2007

spacer

Can you imagine just how many traumatized kids and women (and, hell, men too) there must have been in Japan in 1974, right after episode 105 aired for the first time?

No new posts 23-05-2008 23:20 lborgia88 is offline Send an Email to lborgia88 Search for Posts by lborgia88 Add lborgia88 to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: lborgia88
Ebonyswanne Ebonyswanne is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Swan.

23 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 25-04-2007

spacer

Welcome back Condorfan!!!

I'm sorry to hear about your losses, sometimes its good to have a distraction. Huggles

No new posts 23-05-2008 23:37 Ebonyswanne is offline Send an Email to Ebonyswanne Search for Posts by Ebonyswanne Add Ebonyswanne to your Buddy List
Master Boardie

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

Thanks, everyone. It means a lot to me to read your your kind thoughts and wishes. Although you can't see it, you've made me cry happiness tears. Heart

lborgia88 I was the same too! I had to find all I could about Gatchaman and found about Joe before the episode had been released by ADV. I was shocked and searched to find about Gatchaman II where he comes back. That knowledge really didn't spoil the finale for me--it still had a lot of emotional impact. I still watch the episodes because I usually find something I hadn't noticed before and they're still a lot of fun! I'm hoping to get my nieces and nephews interested but they seem only to like Star Wars, Power Rangers and Hannah Montana. To each his own I guess...

No new posts 24-05-2008 14:40 Condorfan is offline Send an Email to Condorfan Search for Posts by Condorfan Add Condorfan to your Buddy List AIM Screenname: Fallonminx

I am a Swan.

40 fics uploaded

spacer

You have to get them young, Condorfan... but keep trying! When the movie comes out, they may suddenly realize how cool you are!

No new posts 24-05-2008 15:32 Transmute Jun is offline Send an Email to Transmute Jun Homepage of Transmute Jun Search for Posts by Transmute Jun Add Transmute Jun to your Buddy List
Hinotori Hinotori is a Female
Babbling Loonie

I am an Eagle.

2 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 09-10-2007

spacer

Wave2 Hi Condorfan and welcome back! We haven't met before, but I'm Hino, one of the only two female Eagles on the board. So glad that you're able to join us here again!

I'm so sorry to hear of your losses. I hope things get better for you very soon!

Eagle Condor Swan Swallow Hootie

No new posts 24-05-2008 15:59 Hinotori is offline Send an Email to Hinotori Search for Posts by Hinotori Add Hinotori to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: Hinotori72
kimiko kimiko is a Female
Forum God

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 23-09-2007

spacer

RL can be a real downer, Condorfan. I'm sorry for your losses. I hope we can be of service to cheer you up and give you a good distraction. Join in the fun! Rockband

No new posts 24-05-2008 16:08 kimiko is offline Send an Email to kimiko Search for Posts by kimiko Add kimiko to your Buddy List
Firebird
Princess Firebird..... Goddess of Swannie Fics

I am a Swan.

63 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 01-07-2002

spacer

Sorry about the hard time you have had Frown As Kimi says hopefully you can find this a good place to escape to

No new posts 01-06-2008 11:50 Firebird is offline Send an Email to Firebird Search for Posts by Firebird Add Firebird to your Buddy List AIM Screenname: Taishala YIM Screenname: taishala
Metaliant Metaliant is a Male
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 06-06-2005

spacer

Sorry to hear your hardships Condorfan but remember this, you have friends who love you and will comfort you right here in this madhouse. Grouphug

No new posts 01-06-2008 12:35 Metaliant is offline Send an Email to Metaliant Homepage of Metaliant Search for Posts by Metaliant Add Metaliant to your Buddy List MSN Screenname: The Legend
Cep Cep is a Male
Board Pirate

I am a Galactor.

Registration Date: 22-01-2004

spacer

Welcome back to the arena yo

Gatchamania.net Administrator Gatch

No new posts 02-06-2008 13:40 Cep is offline Send an Email to Cep Homepage of Cep Search for Posts by Cep Add Cep to your Buddy List Add Cep to your Contact List AIM Screenname: cepeleon
Master Boardie

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

To everyone at Gatchamania.net--

I feel a profound sense of well being again reading your posts. Grief is something that never leaves, but can be lived with in time. I want you all to know my gratitude at your well wishes. If I was a writer, (like a lot of members are) I could come up with the words to let you know what it means to me to have people I've never seen wish you well.

I wish I could give you all a hug. Huggles

No new posts 02-06-2008 18:37 Condorfan is offline Send an Email to Condorfan Search for Posts by Condorfan Add Condorfan to your Buddy List AIM Screenname: Fallonminx
Cep Cep is a Male
Board Pirate

I am a Galactor.

Registration Date: 22-01-2004

spacer

I think this calls for a glomp Power glomp

Gatchamania.net Administrator Gatch

No new posts 02-06-2008 21:44 Cep is offline Send an Email to Cep Homepage of Cep Search for Posts by Cep Add Cep to your Buddy List Add Cep to your Contact List AIM Screenname: cepeleon
Metaliant Metaliant is a Male
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 06-06-2005

spacer

That's cool.

No new posts 02-06-2008 22:01 Metaliant is offline Send an Email to Metaliant Homepage of Metaliant Search for Posts by Metaliant Add Metaliant to your Buddy List MSN Screenname: The Legend
Ebonyswanne Ebonyswanne is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Swan.

23 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 25-04-2007

spacer

Thats so sweet of you Condorfan...so were a writer. Have your muses left you?I'll have to look out for your stories.

No new posts 03-06-2008 01:54 Ebonyswanne is offline Send an Email to Ebonyswanne Search for Posts by Ebonyswanne Add Ebonyswanne to your Buddy List
Firebird
Princess Firebird..... Goddess of Swannie Fics

I am a Swan.

63 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 01-07-2002

spacer

We all love Grouphug Just good to see you back

No new posts 03-06-2008 04:08 Firebird is offline Send an Email to Firebird Search for Posts by Firebird Add Firebird to your Buddy List AIM Screenname: Taishala YIM Screenname: taishala
[1]  2  next »  --> Members browsing this thread: none Pages (2): [1]  2  next » 
Post New Thread Post Reply
Rate Thread: 

very bad very bad 

very good very good 

Go to: