Gatchamania.net
Register Memberlist Staff Search FAQ Arcade Calendar Gallery Filebase Forums Home  

Gatchamania.net »[Speak Up!] »General Discussion » I am back, so how is everyone?
Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (2): [1]  2  next »  Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page I am back, so how is everyone?
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Cep Cep is a Male
Board Pirate

I am a Galactor.

Registration Date: 22-01-2004

spacer
I am back, so how is everyone? Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

Pryvit! (Hi!) Yak Spravy? (How are you)

I have just got back from my two weeks on holiday, read through all 99 new posts that have been made since my departure, checked my now depleted bank accounts and will soon change the tyre on my car.

So how has eveyone been? what stories are there to tell and when will the Olympic games actually finish so I can watch some decent television?

Dakuya! (Thankyou)

Gatchamania.net Administrator Gatch

No new posts 21-08-2004 09:18 Cep is offline Send an Email to Cep Homepage of Cep Search for Posts by Cep Add Cep to your Buddy List Add Cep to your Contact List AIM Screenname: cepeleon
imaqtz
Forum God

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 17-07-2001

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

Comrade!!

<<hugs you and kisses you on both cheeks>>

Welcome back! How were your holidays? How did it go reading through 99 posts? Have you robbed any banks once youve discovered your low check balance? and did you actually change tyre of car?

Lets see, Im in the middle of running around like a headless chicken, trying to organise things in the space of just a little over a week for grand opening of business, and I sooooo need tonight for THIS kind of insanity, catching up with da board, before falling back into the chaos of RL!

Stories to tel eh? plenty of them! ..My personal fav has always been Goldilocks and the three bears...Love how blondie gets away with vandalising a whole household though it depends on the version youve been brought up with whether she jumps out the window and makes a run for it when shes discovered or whether she apologises and ends up being friends with Little bear..

Ah..as for the Olympics?...Love Love LOVE EM..then again you guys dont have "Roy and HG ...and the Dream in Athens" ..absolutely hilarious update on how the games are going!

Ive been mesmerised by such sports as that white water rafting one, handball( handball?!!!) and was riveted by the hammer throwing event..Heck Im not even going to talk about the swimming, the rivalries, the joys of winning medals, cringing at the falls, at the gymnastics, and the diving events..

Decent tv?..try getting cable networks..it helps , well it would if you had the time and more hours in the day to watch TV!

Strasvichy!

Big Grin

No new posts 21-08-2004 14:08 imaqtz is offline Send an Email to imaqtz Search for Posts by imaqtz Add imaqtz to your Buddy List
Firebird
Princess Firebird..... Goddess of Swannie Fics

I am a Swan.

63 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 01-07-2002

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

Welcome back Cep,

Hope you enjoyed your holiday.

About another week of the Olympics and to be honest I have been watching a fair bit the rowing today was enjoyable to say the least.

Not so sure about the decent TV we have cable and it is generally just more channels with not much on lol.

Imi,

Good luck on the opening next week let us know how it goes.

Smooch to you both Smooch

No new posts 21-08-2004 14:22 Firebird is offline Send an Email to Firebird Search for Posts by Firebird Add Firebird to your Buddy List AIM Screenname: Taishala YIM Screenname: taishala
meridianday meridianday is a Female
Galaxy Girl

I am a Devilstar.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 27-06-2001

spacer

I'm on holiday!

Devilstar Mallanox : "My mother was Irish and my father was an alien. I was an only child and I dress funny." Devilstar

No new posts 21-08-2004 22:22 meridianday is offline Send an Email to meridianday Homepage of meridianday Search for Posts by meridianday Add meridianday to your Buddy List
mei

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 25-03-2003

spacer

Holiday? Oh, my holidays won't begin until the end of my kids' summer vacation in another week.

I've got to fetch them back and forth for summer classes, including swimming, martial arts, magic, calligraphy, science (easy experiments) and English, Monday through Friday during the last two months. The kids have had a good time in most classes, for they practically just play in those classes and there's not much homework to do, after all. They are upset about the beginning of the new semester, while I can finally expect to have the days for myself then. Maybe I have to arrange a long vacation only for myself, someday in the future if not soon enough.

Mei

No new posts 22-08-2004 01:24 mei is offline Send an Email to mei Search for Posts by mei Add mei to your Buddy List
Elvin Ruler Elvin Ruler is a Female
Forum God

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 09-01-2003

spacer

*sniff*

My holiday is over...

Crying5

No new posts 22-08-2004 02:48 Elvin Ruler is offline Send an Email to Elvin Ruler Search for Posts by Elvin Ruler Add Elvin Ruler to your Buddy List AIM Screenname: Elvnruler
Ashke Ashke is a Female
Boardie

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 24-04-2004

spacer

LOL! Gotta agree with you on that one Mei! I can't wait for my kid to go back to school! Though I must admit I utterly hate back to school shopping with a passion.

Glad your back Cep! Its been dull around here without you! *hugs*

Poor Elvin! But atleast school will keep you out of trouble! *NOT*Smirk

No new posts 22-08-2004 07:08 Ashke is offline Send an Email to Ashke Search for Posts by Ashke Add Ashke to your Buddy List
CricketBeautiful
Forum God

I am a Zark.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 04-04-2004

spacer

My son starts Grade 1 the week after next.

Mixed emotions, here. He's at gymnastics camp all this week, and then I've got one week left to help him learn read the list of 100 first words the teacher gave us, ride a bike, blow bubbles in the pool, and all those other things I hoped to do with him while I still had him during the day.

Overall, though, I think I did pretty well this summer. He's read half of one of a Dr. Seus book, with help, a few pages at a time, and, despite hating the work, was actually putting emotion in some of the repetitive words. He doesn't brake every time he goes faster than walking, even if we haven't tried hills since the spring. We went swimming half the time we could have, which wasn't very often.

Balance in all things.

We also made a "three-dot" difficulty lego robot the other day, convinced him to get rid of the black chair that's falling apart (if he wanted to keep his new cardboard snake...), and had a few playdates.

The living and dining rooms have the new floors, and almost have the baseboards done. Unpacking will take a while, but I'm doing really good at keeping the "house beautiful" image in mind when putting stuff back. Several short fics, and a milestone reached for the epic. Laundry and mowing and gardens never too far behind. Identified a few bad online habits, and seem to be avoiding them nicely.

So, not as good a summer as I was hoping for -- not surprising, as some goals were mutually incompatible (more time writing / with kids / reading lessons / park time).

Here's to the last two weeks of summer -- may they be as good as the first eight!

- Viktor E. Frankl

No new posts 23-08-2004 17:42 CricketBeautiful is offline Send an Email to CricketBeautiful Homepage of CricketBeautiful Search for Posts by CricketBeautiful Add CricketBeautiful to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: cricketbeautiful MSN Screenname: cricketbeautiful@hotmail.com
stardust stardust is a Female
Boardie

I am a Berg Katse.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 21-05-2004

spacer

quote:
LOL! Gotta agree with you on that one Mei! I can't wait for my kid to go back to school!

yeah yeah yeah, i'm glad you are all happy to send your kids back but that means my vacation ends too. Crying5
I have to drag myself back to the school in two weeks. The funny thing is it is not the kids that get on my nerves, they are always a pleasure. It's the adults I have to work with that tick me off.

Anyway I am going to enjoy my last days of freedom as some of you look forward to yours. Big Grin

A villain must be a thing of power, handled with delicacy and grace. He must be wicked enough to excite our aversion, strong enough to arouse our fear, human enough to awaken some transient gleam of sympathy. - Agnes Repplier

No new posts 23-08-2004 18:31 stardust is offline Send an Email to stardust Search for Posts by stardust Add stardust to your Buddy List
Forum God

0 fics uploaded

spacer

See? *points at post above*

Students are good! Angel4

No new posts 23-08-2004 20:41 Elvin Ruler is offline Send an Email to Elvin Ruler Search for Posts by Elvin Ruler Add Elvin Ruler to your Buddy List AIM Screenname: Elvnruler
CricketBeautiful
Forum God

I am a Zark.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

Uh, Elvin? You're legally adult (or close enough for the purpose), can eat your meal on time, and deal with the cops on your own. You're the one who gets in trouble if you don't learn or don't do your homework.

I'm still working on toilet-training and washing hair without screams.

- Viktor E. Frankl

No new posts 24-08-2004 15:50 CricketBeautiful is offline Send an Email to CricketBeautiful Homepage of CricketBeautiful Search for Posts by CricketBeautiful Add CricketBeautiful to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: cricketbeautiful MSN Screenname: cricketbeautiful@hotmail.com
Ashke Ashke is a Female
Boardie

0 fics uploaded

spacer

Hate to tell ya Cricket, but if they don't scream when you wash their hair its coz they plan to bust your eardrums while you brush it! *shivers* My kid has a braid down to her butt that takes an hour to brush, but I promised never to cut it (she's a huge gundam wing/duo maxwell fan)

Enjoy your last few days of freedom Stardust and Elvin! And be glad you aren't stuck teaching my kid anything! Shes going into gr.5 and thinks she knows all the important stuff already. *sigh*

No new posts 25-08-2004 03:40 Ashke is offline Send an Email to Ashke Search for Posts by Ashke Add Ashke to your Buddy List
Cep Cep is a Male
Board Pirate

I am a Galactor.

Registration Date: 22-01-2004

spacer

Ah well thank you all for the warm welcome!

3some SmoochHugLeapfrog

Gatchamania.net Administrator Gatch

No new posts 25-08-2004 07:46 Cep is offline Send an Email to Cep Homepage of Cep Search for Posts by Cep Add Cep to your Buddy List Add Cep to your Contact List AIM Screenname: cepeleon
Forum God

0 fics uploaded

spacer

Heh. Don't blame her. Duo's cute. ^_^

And me? Get in trouble? Never. Big Grin

No new posts 25-08-2004 16:22 Elvin Ruler is offline Send an Email to Elvin Ruler Search for Posts by Elvin Ruler Add Elvin Ruler to your Buddy List AIM Screenname: Elvnruler
Ashke Ashke is a Female
Boardie

0 fics uploaded

spacer

"I may run and hide, but I never tell a lie." Thank god she doesn't know about yaoi fanfics yet!

No new posts 26-08-2004 03:35 Ashke is offline Send an Email to Ashke Search for Posts by Ashke Add Ashke to your Buddy List
Ashke Ashke is a Female
Boardie

0 fics uploaded

spacer

And you're right, he's definitely yummy!

No new posts 26-08-2004 03:36 Ashke is offline Send an Email to Ashke Search for Posts by Ashke Add Ashke to your Buddy List
CricketBeautiful
Forum God

I am a Zark.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

Yaoi?

Try having a tantrum on the floor because I won't take her outside in the rain just yet. Figure I'll do it in half an hour, then follow it up with a bath and lunch.

- Viktor E. Frankl

No new posts 26-08-2004 14:28 CricketBeautiful is offline Send an Email to CricketBeautiful Homepage of CricketBeautiful Search for Posts by CricketBeautiful Add CricketBeautiful to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: cricketbeautiful MSN Screenname: cricketbeautiful@hotmail.com
Ashke Ashke is a Female
Boardie

0 fics uploaded

spacer

Hahahaha! Gotta love kids, eh! Hey! I'm an Salted . . . oops . . . Exalted Member now! Whee! All bow before me!!! Lol!

No new posts 27-08-2004 04:52 Ashke is offline Send an Email to Ashke Search for Posts by Ashke Add Ashke to your Buddy List
Ashke Ashke is a Female
Boardie

0 fics uploaded

spacer

Ummmm, Cep? Can you delete that last post? Gomen, but my friend and I were drinking and I must have been more drunk than I thought coz that really makes no sense!

No new posts 28-08-2004 02:39 Ashke is offline Send an Email to Ashke Search for Posts by Ashke Add Ashke to your Buddy List
Forum God

0 fics uploaded

spacer

*grin*

No new posts 28-08-2004 03:10 Elvin Ruler is offline Send an Email to Elvin Ruler Search for Posts by Elvin Ruler Add Elvin Ruler to your Buddy List AIM Screenname: Elvnruler
[1]  2  next »  --> Members browsing this thread: none Pages (2): [1]  2  next » 
Post New Thread Post Reply
Rate Thread: 

very bad very bad 

very good very good 

Go to: