Gatchamania.net
Register Memberlist Staff Search FAQ Arcade Calendar Gallery Filebase Forums Home  

Gatchamania.net »[Entertainment] »Film Flam » Memoirs of a Geisha
Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Memoirs of a Geisha
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Tajiri Tajiri is a Male

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 25-07-2001

spacer
Memoirs of a Geisha Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

Darkhorizons.com has posting some news about the adaptation of "Memoirs of a Geisha". I've been waiting for years for this film to be made and I went crazy when I saw the cast listed below. I can't wait to see this!!!!!!

----------------------------------------------------------------------

The Guardian reports that Oscar-winning director Rob Marshall looks finally set to get to work on the film adaptation of Arthur Golden's bestselling novel "Memoirs of a Geisha" after many years of the project being in troubled development.

In an announcement today, Marshall confirmed filming will begin next month and announced four key cast members. Zhang Ziyi and Michelle Yeoh, who previously paired for Ang Lee's martial arts epic "Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon", will respectively take the lead role of Sayuri, and that of the girl's mentor.

Meanwhile Ken Watanabe, the Oscar-nominated Japanese co-star in "The Last Samurai", will play a wealthy businessman and Sayuri's love interest, while Gong Li, the star of such hits as "Farewell My Concubine" and "Raise The Red Lantern", will play the geisha's rival.

Thanks to 'Dust Bunny'.

No new posts 23-08-2004 03:20 Tajiri is offline Send an Email to Tajiri Search for Posts by Tajiri Add Tajiri to your Buddy List
Cep Cep is a Male
Board Pirate

I am a Galactor.

Registration Date: 22-01-2004

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

Ooo I saw the book of this at the Airport, was going to buy it but China 1492 took precedence.

Gatchamania.net Administrator Gatch

No new posts 23-08-2004 07:50 Cep is offline Send an Email to Cep Homepage of Cep Search for Posts by Cep Add Cep to your Buddy List Add Cep to your Contact List AIM Screenname: cepeleon
Tengu
Forum Legend

20 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 22-07-2001

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

I should think so!

Sounds like a crappy victorian novel to me.

(tries to remember what one victorian visitor said about the Yoshiwara...."might be of interest to the medical proffesion" or something like that.)

No new posts 23-08-2004 08:28 Tengu is offline Send an Email to Tengu Search for Posts by Tengu Add Tengu to your Buddy List
CricketBeautiful
Forum God

I am a Zark.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 04-04-2004

spacer

Uh, Tengu? The book in question is listed as one of the best in recent memory. I'm not sure of all the details, but it won tons of awards.

It's not crappy, and it certainly ain't Victorian.

- Viktor E. Frankl

No new posts 23-08-2004 17:44 CricketBeautiful is offline Send an Email to CricketBeautiful Homepage of CricketBeautiful Search for Posts by CricketBeautiful Add CricketBeautiful to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: cricketbeautiful MSN Screenname: cricketbeautiful@hotmail.com
Tengu
Forum Legend

20 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 22-07-2001

spacer

I never claimed it was victorian...sounds like the sort of `madame butterfly` stuff they would lap up.

If its still remembered in 10 years time maybe Ill read it...

<goes off to view her collection of victorian novels>

No new posts 23-08-2004 19:35 Tengu is offline Send an Email to Tengu Search for Posts by Tengu Add Tengu to your Buddy List
Buffy Buffy is a Female
Boardie

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 25-07-2001

spacer

Tengu dear, you are one strange bird.

As for the book. I enjoyed it. Nice inside view of the Geisha subculture even though it's fiction.

"Spider sense....tingling."

No new posts 24-08-2004 00:12 Buffy is offline Send an Email to Buffy Search for Posts by Buffy Add Buffy to your Buddy List
CricketBeautiful
Forum God

I am a Zark.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 04-04-2004

spacer

The guy spent 15 years working on it, including interviewing one of the last remaining Geishas.

- Viktor E. Frankl

No new posts 24-08-2004 15:51 CricketBeautiful is offline Send an Email to CricketBeautiful Homepage of CricketBeautiful Search for Posts by CricketBeautiful Add CricketBeautiful to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: cricketbeautiful MSN Screenname: cricketbeautiful@hotmail.com
Members browsing this thread: none
Post New Thread Post Reply
Rate Thread: 

very bad very bad 

very good very good 

Go to: