Gatchamania.net
Register Memberlist Staff Search FAQ Arcade Calendar Gallery Filebase Forums Home  

Gatchamania.net »[Speak Up!] »General Discussion » An Unexpected Surprise! Squee!!
Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (3): [1]  2  3  next »  Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page An Unexpected Surprise! Squee!!
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Rory Rory is a Female
Boardie

I am an Eagle.

4 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 26-04-2008

spacer
Big Grin An Unexpected Surprise! Squee!! Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

Okay, I just can't stop myself from squealing, so pardon my unbridled happiness.

I got an unexpected surprise on FedEx early this morning. When I say early, I mean I had a FedEx guy knocking on my door at 6 am, bearing a BIG box from the Animax channel in Singapore.

Since I happened to have a bunch of deadlines I had to finish, I somehow held myself in check from opening said box until I had everything done.

Well, I finally got to opening it and I just found my jaw dropping at the goodies inside. Let's see...I've got four HUGE posters of brand new anime that the network will be airing (something my nephews and niece are sure to beg me for later on), a plushie of Slam Dunk character Hanamichi Sakuragi (darned doll looks like a pervert with that toothy grin on its face), a Slam Dunk yearbook, two brand new USB drives, a bunch of T-shirts (Yep, the kids will definitely be happy about these!), a bunch of Animax notebooks and PVC folders.

But the BEST SURPRISE was hiding at the very bottom of the box wrapped carefully and with much love in bubble wrap. "THE BATTLE OF THE PLANETS DIGEST VOLS. 1 AND 2". These are actually the black and white versions of the comic books/TPBs. Certainly NOT complaining though because these comic books are so darned hard to find!

So, I really beg your pardon for this but

whooSQUEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!! whoo

dancingTHIS DAY IS THE BEST!!!dancing

No new posts 12-05-2008 23:47 Rory is offline Send an Email to Rory Homepage of Rory Search for Posts by Rory Add Rory to your Buddy List
Transmute Jun Transmute Jun is a Female
Queen of the Bird Missiles

I am a Swan.

40 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 04-04-2007

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

Sounds like a good haul! thumbsup2

No new posts 12-05-2008 23:56 Transmute Jun is offline Send an Email to Transmute Jun Homepage of Transmute Jun Search for Posts by Transmute Jun Add Transmute Jun to your Buddy List
Rory Rory is a Female
Boardie

I am an Eagle.

4 fics uploaded

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Transmute Jun
Sounds like a good haul! thumbsup2

thumbsup2YOU BETCHA!!thumbsup2

Rory is still grinning like a loony! Hee hee hee!!!

No new posts 13-05-2008 00:01 Rory is offline Send an Email to Rory Homepage of Rory Search for Posts by Rory Add Rory to your Buddy List
clouddancer clouddancer is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am an Owl.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 10-04-2007

spacer

Way to go Rory!!!

Party4 Party1
Party time at Rory's

No new posts 13-05-2008 01:23 clouddancer is offline Send an Email to clouddancer Search for Posts by clouddancer Add clouddancer to your Buddy List
Rory Rory is a Female
Boardie

I am an Eagle.

4 fics uploaded

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by clouddancer
Way to go Rory!!!

Party4 Party1
Party time at Rory's

Actually, not yet, because it was morning earlier. But...the kids are dropping over tonight to get their cut, so yes, it's definitely party time later this evening!!

No new posts 13-05-2008 06:30 Rory is offline Send an Email to Rory Homepage of Rory Search for Posts by Rory Add Rory to your Buddy List
Springie Springie is a Female
Her Royal Fluffiness...Swan of Swans...

I am a Swan.

6 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 12-06-2006

spacer

Oh how exciting!! Congrats, Rory! Biglaugh1

There is no problem that cannot be solved with time, patience, and a judicious amount of high explosives.

No new posts 13-05-2008 08:52 Springie is offline Send an Email to Springie Homepage of Springie Search for Posts by Springie Add Springie to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: Springie MSN Screenname: Springie
Ebonyswanne Ebonyswanne is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Swan.

23 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 25-04-2007

spacer

It exciting when you open a parcel you've been hanging out for! Way to go Rory!

No new posts 13-05-2008 09:06 Ebonyswanne is offline Send an Email to Ebonyswanne Search for Posts by Ebonyswanne Add Ebonyswanne to your Buddy List
gatchgirl
Babbling Loonie

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 08-03-2006

spacer

Sounds like that day will go down in history for you Rory... Congrats on the package.

Racer by day, Feather Thrower all the time!

No new posts 13-05-2008 12:13 gatchgirl is offline Send an Email to gatchgirl Search for Posts by gatchgirl Add gatchgirl to your Buddy List
Toneman Toneman is a Male
Forum Legend

I am an Eagle.

10 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 25-11-2007

spacer

I managed to find a Berg Katse action figure while I was out in the woods.

It's BOTP, and has Zoltar on the package, but it's Katse nonetheless.

I about died when I found it, so I had to have it....

Gatch Eagle Gatch

No new posts 13-05-2008 22:56 Toneman is offline Send an Email to Toneman Search for Posts by Toneman Add Toneman to your Buddy List
Rory Rory is a Female
Boardie

I am an Eagle.

4 fics uploaded

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by Springie
Oh how exciting!! Congrats, Rory! Biglaugh1

Oh, Springie! You should have seen Enzo and Paouie congratulating me too...BEFORE they grabbed some T-shirts and posters. With kin like these, who need enemies? Grrrr....

No new posts 13-05-2008 23:00 Rory is offline Send an Email to Rory Homepage of Rory Search for Posts by Rory Add Rory to your Buddy List
Rory Rory is a Female
Boardie

I am an Eagle.

4 fics uploaded

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by Ebonyswanne
It exciting when you open a parcel you've been hanging out for! Way to go Rory!

It was totally unexpected I can tell you that. Animax is notorious for being tightwads. The fact that they actually bought those Battle of the Planets comic books was a HUGE SURPRISE. I was wondering why they were asking what my fave anime was. They sounded disappointed when I told them I loved Gatchaman the BEST because Gatch is airing on Hero, which is their rival in my country. But now I know why they asked. And I'm really happy they did!

No new posts 13-05-2008 23:03 Rory is offline Send an Email to Rory Homepage of Rory Search for Posts by Rory Add Rory to your Buddy List
Rory Rory is a Female
Boardie

I am an Eagle.

4 fics uploaded

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by gatchgirl
Sounds like that day will go down in history for you Rory... Congrats on the package.

Actually, I marked the day down in my calendar. I've never had anyone give me a surprise package before. This was the BEST! Happy, happy!!!

No new posts 13-05-2008 23:04 Rory is offline Send an Email to Rory Homepage of Rory Search for Posts by Rory Add Rory to your Buddy List
Rory Rory is a Female
Boardie

I am an Eagle.

4 fics uploaded

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by Toneman
I managed to find a Berg Katse action figure while I was out in the woods.

It's BOTP, and has Zoltar on the package, but it's Katse nonetheless.

I about died when I found it, so I had to have it....

Oh, Toneman! Didn't you at least feel a little bit sorry for the kid who lost his Berg Katse action figure?

Like you, I know I wouldn't. Evillaugh

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Rory on 13-05-2008 at 23:07.
No new posts 13-05-2008 23:06 Rory is offline Send an Email to Rory Homepage of Rory Search for Posts by Rory Add Rory to your Buddy List
Hinotori Hinotori is a Female
Babbling Loonie

I am an Eagle.

2 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 09-10-2007

spacer

How exciting, Rory! Not only a big box of anime, but the best anime left for last! Congrats on the awesome find! thumbsup2

And Tone... Are you serious?? A Berg Katse/Zoltar just laying in the middle of the woods in the middle of nowhere??? You may want to be careful - sounds like another evil Galactor/Spectran plot to me! Or maybe there's a secret base somewhere nearby! Lol2

Eagle Condor Swan Swallow Hootie

No new posts 13-05-2008 23:47 Hinotori is offline Send an Email to Hinotori Search for Posts by Hinotori Add Hinotori to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: Hinotori72
Forum Legend

I am an Eagle.

10 fics uploaded

spacer

I didn't really find it in the woods.

It's mint condition, still in the package.
I bought it in Oklahoma City at this place called Vintage Stock.

I'll try to get a pic of it for all of you.
I think it's cursed however.
I about died when I found it.
Damieon saw it, and almost wet himself....
There's no telling what may happen to youse guys if I let you see it....

Maybe I should show it to Gunman since he's been pestering me so much....lol

Gatch Eagle Gatch

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Toneman on 14-05-2008 at 23:18.
No new posts 14-05-2008 23:16 Toneman is offline Send an Email to Toneman Search for Posts by Toneman Add Toneman to your Buddy List
Rory Rory is a Female
Boardie

I am an Eagle.

4 fics uploaded

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by Hinotori
How exciting, Rory! Not only a big box of anime, but the best anime left for last! Congrats on the awesome find! thumbsup2

No, not anime. Anime related stuff. If they did send me anime dvds, I would've been in seventh heaven.

No new posts 14-05-2008 23:57 Rory is offline Send an Email to Rory Homepage of Rory Search for Posts by Rory Add Rory to your Buddy List
Rory Rory is a Female
Boardie

I am an Eagle.

4 fics uploaded

spacer

quote:
I think it's cursed however.

It's Berg Katse after all. Why am I not surprised? He he he!

No new posts 14-05-2008 23:58 Rory is offline Send an Email to Rory Homepage of Rory Search for Posts by Rory Add Rory to your Buddy List
Hinotori Hinotori is a Female
Babbling Loonie

I am an Eagle.

2 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 09-10-2007

spacer

quote:
I didn't really find it in the woods. l

I meant that tongue-in-cheek. I guess sarcasm doesn't always translate well over the internet! Big Grin

Either way, that's a sweet find. Pics would be awesome. And I don't think curses transfer through pics - only when you're in direct contact. Tell ya what... Try it out and let us know how it goes! Laugh2

Eagle Condor Swan Swallow Hootie

No new posts 15-05-2008 00:20 Hinotori is offline Send an Email to Hinotori Search for Posts by Hinotori Add Hinotori to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: Hinotori72
Transmute Jun Transmute Jun is a Female
Queen of the Bird Missiles

I am a Swan.

40 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 04-04-2007

spacer

Is it this one?

Or the one with the spare heads?

No new posts 15-05-2008 00:30 Transmute Jun is offline Send an Email to Transmute Jun Homepage of Transmute Jun Search for Posts by Transmute Jun Add Transmute Jun to your Buddy List
Forum Legend

I am an Eagle.

10 fics uploaded

spacer

TJ you show off....

You would try and take the wind out of my sails...

I guess I'll have to blow it up now, along with my G.I. Joes...

(I almost typed G.I. Jews.... Now that's a cartoon just waiting to happen....)

Gatch Eagle Gatch

No new posts 15-05-2008 01:58 Toneman is offline Send an Email to Toneman Search for Posts by Toneman Add Toneman to your Buddy List
[1]  2  3  next »  --> Members browsing this thread: none Pages (3): [1]  2  3  next » 
Post New Thread Post Reply
Rate Thread: 

very bad very bad 

very good very good 

Go to: