Gatchamania.net
Register Memberlist Staff Search FAQ Arcade Calendar Gallery Filebase Forums Home  

Gatchamania.net »[Speak Up!] »General Discussion » Semi-annual ImiCondor hunt
Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (3): « previous  1  2  [3]  Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Semi-annual ImiCondor hunt
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
kimiko kimiko is a Female
Forum God

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 23-09-2007

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

I'm not too glad I work retail right now....I just got back from the hospital, had a little mishap...I have a dislocated thumb. Thought I broke it...but the 4 x-rays I got done said there was no permanent damage done to the joint. So I have to wear a splint for a week and go on light duties, can't use or grasp anything with my left hand! Management is going to love this!

No new posts 08-05-2008 14:36 kimiko is offline Send an Email to kimiko Search for Posts by kimiko Add kimiko to your Buddy List
clouddancer clouddancer is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am an Owl.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 10-04-2007

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

Huggles
Poor Kimi, I hope you recover quickly.
A friend of mine just had an operation on his hand and was in a cast for two weeks. Now he just has it wrapped up.

it is funny, you do not know how much you need your thumb until something like that happens.

No new posts 08-05-2008 15:14 clouddancer is offline Send an Email to clouddancer Search for Posts by clouddancer Add clouddancer to your Buddy List
Forum God

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

I got the splint on and the T-3's going in my system...flying

The most I can grasp on to is a couple sheets of paper, anything heavier forget it! I will be taking it easy at work...

The splint is driving me crazy! I can't even open my meds bottles! I remember having one for each hand when I had carpal tunnel from my old job...and that was for quite a while...at least this is only for a week! I'm glad I didn't break it (though at the time it felt like I could have) because I would hate a cast. Just going the the washroom is a pain, trying to get the jeans on and off. Buttons???? Forget it! Looks like using the fork and knife may be problematic too.

Looks like DH is going to have to feed me, clean me, and dress me now! Eek3

No new posts 08-05-2008 15:44 kimiko is offline Send an Email to kimiko Search for Posts by kimiko Add kimiko to your Buddy List
Transmute Jun Transmute Jun is a Female
Queen of the Bird Missiles

I am a Swan.

40 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 04-04-2007

spacer

Oh no! I hope you are feeling better, Kimi! You deserve to, now that you are a Goddess! kneelsuckers

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Transmute Jun on 08-05-2008 at 18:50.
No new posts 08-05-2008 18:50 Transmute Jun is offline Send an Email to Transmute Jun Homepage of Transmute Jun Search for Posts by Transmute Jun Add Transmute Jun to your Buddy List
Gunman
Banned

I am a Berg Katse.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 14-02-2008

spacer

Sucks to be u hope get better!

No new posts 08-05-2008 18:53 Gunman is offline Search for Posts by Gunman Add Gunman to your Buddy List
lborgia88 lborgia88 is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 27-06-2007

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by kimiko
I'm not too glad I work retail right now....I just got back from the hospital, had a little mishap...I have a dislocated thumb. Thought I broke it...but the 4 x-rays I got done said there was no permanent damage done to the joint. So I have to wear a splint for a week and go on light duties, can't use or grasp anything with my left hand! Management is going to love this!

Oh gosh, so this is why you were requesting pain pills as your goddess tribute. I'm sorry to hear this, Kimiko!

No new posts 08-05-2008 19:35 lborgia88 is offline Send an Email to lborgia88 Search for Posts by lborgia88 Add lborgia88 to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: lborgia88
Springie Springie is a Female
Her Royal Fluffiness...Swan of Swans...

I am a Swan.

6 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 12-06-2006

spacer

Awww, hope it's better soon!! Huggles

There is no problem that cannot be solved with time, patience, and a judicious amount of high explosives.

No new posts 08-05-2008 19:41 Springie is offline Send an Email to Springie Homepage of Springie Search for Posts by Springie Add Springie to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: Springie MSN Screenname: Springie
Hinotori Hinotori is a Female
Babbling Loonie

I am an Eagle.

2 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 09-10-2007

spacer

Ow, Kimi!! I hope you feel better soon!

Eagle Condor Swan Swallow Hootie

No new posts 08-05-2008 23:36 Hinotori is offline Send an Email to Hinotori Search for Posts by Hinotori Add Hinotori to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: Hinotori72
Forum God

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

Huggles

Thanks! The hand is swollen, with purpley-blue-green bruising coming up...but at least I can move it better today.

You know now that I think about it...it was really weird at the hospital emergency. It was empty. I got triaged, admitted, seen by doctor, x-rayed, and fitted with the splint...in about an hour and a half....

No new posts 09-05-2008 12:23 kimiko is offline Send an Email to kimiko Search for Posts by kimiko Add kimiko to your Buddy List
Transmute Jun Transmute Jun is a Female
Queen of the Bird Missiles

I am a Swan.

40 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 04-04-2007

spacer

That IS weird! I have never been treated so fast in an emergency room (Toronto or anywhere else)!

How is it today, Kimi?

No new posts 09-05-2008 13:13 Transmute Jun is offline Send an Email to Transmute Jun Homepage of Transmute Jun Search for Posts by Transmute Jun Add Transmute Jun to your Buddy List
Forum God

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

I know!

Any other time I've been to the emergency...it's a minimum 5 hour wait....but then again I've never been in the emergency at 7AM during the week...it's usually at night or on the weekends.

No new posts 09-05-2008 13:50 kimiko is offline Send an Email to kimiko Search for Posts by kimiko Add kimiko to your Buddy List
« previous  1  2  [3]  --> Members browsing this thread: none Pages (3): « previous  1  2  [3] 
Post New Thread Post Reply
Rate Thread: 

very bad very bad 

very good very good 

Go to: