Gatchamania.net
Register Memberlist Staff Search FAQ Arcade Calendar Gallery Filebase Forums Home  

Gatchamania.net »[Speak Up!] »General Discussion » Military
Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (8): « first ...  « previous  4  5  [6]  7  8  next »  Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Military
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Metaliant Metaliant is a Male
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 06-06-2005

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

I am British and the SEAL teams are marines who want to be part of a special forces and for you information matey, America never entered WWII in 1939 because you were neutral until the Third Reich's allies, the Japanese bombed Pearl Harbour. If they didn't then America wouldn't have fought in the war until Germany and Japan invaded your country.

Before and after WWI, America was into isolationism but because a German diplomatic code was broken by the Room 40, a Royal Navy cryptanalytic group, which said that Mexico to become an ally of Germany and invade America if the US entered the war. When Washington hear this, then you decided to join in one of the most horrifying war, in the 20th Century.

America's infantry had to learn how to fight trench warfare and your Cavalry was useless in the war (mind you so was everybody's elses and us British used the Mark 1 tank).

Oh and as for you superior air force, then how come your B2 and F-117 stealth bomers can be detected by Aussie and British radar and 1 was shot down in Serbia. The Nighthawk is now retired 10 days ago and is being replced by the F-22 Raptor and F-35 Lightening II.

This post has been edited 2 time(s), it was last edited by Metaliant on 02-05-2008 at 21:12.
No new posts 02-05-2008 20:56 Metaliant is offline Send an Email to Metaliant Homepage of Metaliant Search for Posts by Metaliant Add Metaliant to your Buddy List MSN Screenname: The Legend
Ebonyswanne Ebonyswanne is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Swan.

23 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 25-04-2007

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Gunman
UR talking about the marines im talking about navy seals..........

Ur french arent u?

Lets see who got beat in world war 2 and didnt get to even fight and the americans had to rescue u!

We also have the most powerful airforce.....

Before you start saying things like that Gunnie learn your history...

Met has some well grounded points there, a lot of things that I learned about in High school history.

Met has some good detail there, I learned a few new things in his post!(Mainly about the planes...)

We have very good ground troops. For a small population we hold our own. Go in do the job and don't boast about it.

This post has been edited 4 time(s), it was last edited by Ebonyswanne on 02-05-2008 at 22:36.
No new posts 02-05-2008 22:22 Ebonyswanne is offline Send an Email to Ebonyswanne Search for Posts by Ebonyswanne Add Ebonyswanne to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

I am a Swan.

23 fics uploaded

spacer

Another thing Gunnie...

An old saying from warriors of old...

"You're only as good as your next opponent."

No new posts 02-05-2008 22:38 Ebonyswanne is offline Send an Email to Ebonyswanne Search for Posts by Ebonyswanne Add Ebonyswanne to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

Eery kind of military organisation throughout history has it success and failures and therefore nobody is superior.

Oh by the way Gunny, nearly all of the French Foreign Legion are made of of non-french including Americans and even recrutied members of the SS after WWII.

No new posts 03-05-2008 08:38 Metaliant is offline Send an Email to Metaliant Homepage of Metaliant Search for Posts by Metaliant Add Metaliant to your Buddy List MSN Screenname: The Legend
fury101 fury101 is a Male
Former Lurker

I am an Owl.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 03-03-2008

spacer

quote:
Ah yall do not under the concept of what i am saying.....

Technology puts great advantage over others......

And amy that star destroyer is massive...

And yes i like star wars
f15

Gunny, I dont mean to rain on your parade but Technology can only take you so far. Its the squaddie on the ground who needs to be switched on and thinking.
I have read your messages with interest and i really think you need to change your atitude because, from the tone of your language, you appear to want to be "gung ho" and blat away at anything that moves.

We Brits really dont need another friendly fire incident and, unless you learn to think clearly and cooly im afraid thats what will happen.

Im not being negative buddy, just take some advice from someone who has been there (Iraq, first time round) and make your brain your primary weapon.

No new posts 06-05-2008 17:20 fury101 is offline Send an Email to fury101 Search for Posts by fury101 Add fury101 to your Buddy List
clouddancer clouddancer is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am an Owl.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 10-04-2007

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by fury101
quote:
Ah yall do not under the concept of what i am saying.....

Technology puts great advantage over others......

And amy that star destroyer is massive...

And yes i like star wars
f15

Gunny, I dont mean to rain on your parade but Technology can only take you so far. Its the squaddie on the ground who needs to be switched on and thinking.
I have read your messages with interest and i really think you need to change your atitude because, from the tone of your language, you appear to want to be "gung ho" and blat away at anything that moves.

We Brits really dont need another friendly fire incident and, unless you learn to think clearly and cooly im afraid thats what will happen.

Im not being negative buddy, just take some advice from someone who has been there (Iraq, first time round) and make your brain your primary weapon.

Sorry to Hi-jack this thread but ....

Fury Welcome back. Did you get the Phoenix up and flying? It finally brought you home .... so you could post your pics.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by clouddancer on 06-05-2008 at 17:46.
No new posts 06-05-2008 17:44 clouddancer is offline Send an Email to clouddancer Search for Posts by clouddancer Add clouddancer to your Buddy List
lborgia88 lborgia88 is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 27-06-2007

spacer

Well said, Fury101. According to my brother (Canadian Air Force) the main thing killing Canadian soldiers in Afghanistan is roadside IEDs, and jet fighters aren't much use against those. He left for Afghanistan yesterday, for nine months, but his job will keep him primarily on base.

On an unrelated note, how's the model God Phoenix coming along?

No new posts 06-05-2008 17:45 lborgia88 is offline Send an Email to lborgia88 Search for Posts by lborgia88 Add lborgia88 to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: lborgia88
Gatchamaniac

I am a Swan.

23 fics uploaded

spacer

Fury!!! welcome back!

and well said, especially from someone who has been there.

No new posts 06-05-2008 17:59 Ebonyswanne is offline Send an Email to Ebonyswanne Search for Posts by Ebonyswanne Add Ebonyswanne to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

I was tempted to say something about friendly fire which is a stupid name as it's not friendly to us Brits or anybody else for that matter and if you read Tom Clancy's novel Debt of Honor then you would know that sometimes technology can turn agaisnt you and sometimes hinder you but with good leadership skills and great training then you can use that same technology to your advantage and as Fury says use your brain and not your trigger finger.

About an hour ago on the ITV news some money has given to the British armed forces rehabilitation centre in Headley Court which help soldiers when they come from Afghan and Iraq.

And yes welcome back Fury and how's the Phoenix doing?

No new posts 06-05-2008 18:20 Metaliant is offline Send an Email to Metaliant Homepage of Metaliant Search for Posts by Metaliant Add Metaliant to your Buddy List MSN Screenname: The Legend
Transmute Jun Transmute Jun is a Female
Queen of the Bird Missiles

I am a Swan.

40 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 04-04-2007

spacer

Great to see you around, Fury!

No new posts 06-05-2008 19:26 Transmute Jun is offline Send an Email to Transmute Jun Homepage of Transmute Jun Search for Posts by Transmute Jun Add Transmute Jun to your Buddy List
Springie Springie is a Female
Her Royal Fluffiness...Swan of Swans...

I am a Swan.

6 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 12-06-2006

spacer

Good to see you again, Fury! Flip

There is no problem that cannot be solved with time, patience, and a judicious amount of high explosives.

No new posts 06-05-2008 20:44 Springie is offline Send an Email to Springie Homepage of Springie Search for Posts by Springie Add Springie to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: Springie MSN Screenname: Springie
Cep Cep is a Male
Board Pirate

I am a Galactor.

Registration Date: 22-01-2004

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by fury101
make your brain your primary weapon.

So very true Leapfrog

Gatchamania.net Administrator Gatch

No new posts 07-05-2008 07:42 Cep is offline Send an Email to Cep Homepage of Cep Search for Posts by Cep Add Cep to your Buddy List Add Cep to your Contact List AIM Screenname: cepeleon
Gunman
Banned

I am a Berg Katse.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 14-02-2008

spacer

Ok let me trow some knowledge at u watch the history channel......

The main reason was pearl harbor.... but it was also the germans u boats attacking amerrican and british cruise ship and supply ships........ thats part of the reason and the french are capable to rage a war that could be challenging..... but the main problem i see as a threat is china....... no affence to any body that is but china numbers are in the billions and i know it takes more than numbers but numbers do have a advantage....... Thats the main threat to me and the british have some great units.... but i just saying to me the u.s. navy seals are the best just because my family has been in wars and have died fighting for this country thats the reason i said this country is the best its because it is to me..... so before all of yall gang up on me relize that its not wise to judge before u know the thruth behind my reasons for saying things of this magnitude........ And the U.S. does have weapsons that are highly advanced and have things better than any other country but others have things better then the u.s.

So yall do know are main threat now is terriost........

HA HA HA HA HA HA

No new posts 07-05-2008 14:57 Gunman is offline Search for Posts by Gunman Add Gunman to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

Gunnie, we are not judging and we have thrown proven facts back to you as well and to me it sounds by your posts that you are judging and thank god we have free speech.

Your family aren't the only ones who have been to war. Fury himself said that he was in the armed forces and we have heard from several people who have family in their national forces.

In the First World War, both my grandfather and great grandfather were in the engineers regiment and a frontline regiement respectively.

No new posts 07-05-2008 19:18 Metaliant is offline Send an Email to Metaliant Homepage of Metaliant Search for Posts by Metaliant Add Metaliant to your Buddy List MSN Screenname: The Legend
Former Lurker

I am an Owl.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

Thanks for the welcome back all.
The God Phoenix project has hit a major snag but its not the end.

I had a slight technical problem which went something like this:
"What happens if i wind the engine up to full power with a fully charged battery?, lets find out. Whiiiiirrrrrrrrr, wooooooooosssssshhhhhh, Scrrrreeeeeeeeaaaaaaammmmmm, BANG, smoke.
Oh poop!!!!!!"

Time for a new engine BUT i have also noticed some major flaws in the design so im gonna do a total rebuild with 3mm depron instead of 6mm.

The original is going to take pride of place on my wall.

By the way, if anybody wants a small scale phoenix, i can knock those out reasonably quickly and i will only charge for postage and materials.

Will get the first one sorted out and post a pic or two so you can decide for yourselves Smile

No new posts 07-05-2008 20:19 fury101 is offline Send an Email to fury101 Search for Posts by fury101 Add fury101 to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

Oooh you setting up a business of selling mini Phoenixs. Cool.

Sorry to hear about the firery Phoenix but hey every prototype plane isn't perfect 100% first time round and Rome wasn't built in one day as the builders were on a tea break.

No new posts 07-05-2008 20:39 Metaliant is offline Send an Email to Metaliant Homepage of Metaliant Search for Posts by Metaliant Add Metaliant to your Buddy List MSN Screenname: The Legend
Former Lurker

I am an Owl.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

the mini phoenix's will be as detailed as i can make them but the are only foam so there is only so much i can do in smaller scale but hopefully they will look good Smile Will get it done in the next few days Smile

Keep a look out for pics as i do the build.

I could probably do it in several different scales Smile

No new posts 07-05-2008 20:50 fury101 is offline Send an Email to fury101 Search for Posts by fury101 Add fury101 to your Buddy List
Transmute Jun Transmute Jun is a Female
Queen of the Bird Missiles

I am a Swan.

40 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 04-04-2007

spacer

Ooh, I would love a miniPhoenix!

Actually, I'd love 2, so I can have one and my kids can play with one. I'm happy to pay for whatever costs you incur, plus your time to make them!

No new posts 07-05-2008 21:24 Transmute Jun is offline Send an Email to Transmute Jun Homepage of Transmute Jun Search for Posts by Transmute Jun Add Transmute Jun to your Buddy List
Springie Springie is a Female
Her Royal Fluffiness...Swan of Swans...

I am a Swan.

6 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 12-06-2006

spacer

How exciting! Can't wait to see the mini Phoenix! Animeclap

There is no problem that cannot be solved with time, patience, and a judicious amount of high explosives.

No new posts 07-05-2008 21:29 Springie is offline Send an Email to Springie Homepage of Springie Search for Posts by Springie Add Springie to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: Springie MSN Screenname: Springie
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

Imagine, a whole fleet of them flying across the sky and then going into Fiiery Phoenix mode.

Would love to see that. Sigh.

No new posts 07-05-2008 21:36 Metaliant is offline Send an Email to Metaliant Homepage of Metaliant Search for Posts by Metaliant Add Metaliant to your Buddy List MSN Screenname: The Legend
« first ...  « previous  4  5  [6]  7  8  next »  --> Members browsing this thread: none Pages (8): « first ...  « previous  4  5  [6]  7  8  next » 
Post New Thread Post Reply
Rate Thread: 

very bad very bad 

very good very good 

Go to: