Gatchamania.net
Register Memberlist Staff Search FAQ Arcade Calendar Gallery Filebase Forums Home  

Gatchamania.net »[Speak Up!] »Introductions » Am I too old to be a Gatchamaniac?
Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (4): « previous  1  [2]  3  4  next »  Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Am I too old to be a Gatchamaniac?
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
amyltrer amyltrer is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am an Egoblosser.

4 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 02-12-2006

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

Hello Rory! Well, I'm pretty much a Gallactor badie, but I like newbies! Welcome welcome Wave1

Oh, and you can never be too old for Gatch!

No new posts 27-04-2008 08:09 amyltrer is offline Send an Email to amyltrer Search for Posts by amyltrer Add amyltrer to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: amyltrer MSN Screenname: amyltrer@hotmail.com
Metaliant Metaliant is a Male
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 06-06-2005

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Ebonyswanne
Hi Rory... I'm a seventies Swan so don't be shy!!

Came into the rubber room for a few drinks if you dare...welcome welcome

And a few frisks.

No new posts 27-04-2008 11:37 Metaliant is offline Send an Email to Metaliant Homepage of Metaliant Search for Posts by Metaliant Add Metaliant to your Buddy List MSN Screenname: The Legend
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by Fairlight
quote:
Originally posted by Rory

Yippee! And I thought I was the only middle-aged fan here.

No, not at all, Rory. I'm right up there with you and loving it. The folks here are great, and I have a wonderful time. Glad you decided to post. And pleeeeease--post some good PWP! It's my favorite! Wave2

that's why I was glad to come here. After having a bad experience in a forum I was a member, I wasn't 100% about people here but thank god I was proved wrong and 100% in here as as mad as me.

No new posts 27-04-2008 11:39 Metaliant is offline Send an Email to Metaliant Homepage of Metaliant Search for Posts by Metaliant Add Metaliant to your Buddy List MSN Screenname: The Legend
Cep Cep is a Male
Board Pirate

I am a Galactor.

Registration Date: 22-01-2004

spacer

Hello and welcome Rory Spin1 its always nice to see new people take the plunge!

Please post your stories, artwork or anything you have done I am certain we would all love to see it King1

And please do get more people to fly in! flying

Gatchamania.net Administrator Gatch

No new posts 27-04-2008 12:46 Cep is offline Send an Email to Cep Homepage of Cep Search for Posts by Cep Add Cep to your Buddy List Add Cep to your Contact List AIM Screenname: cepeleon
stardust stardust is a Female
Boardie

I am a Berg Katse.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 21-05-2004

spacer

This is one of the nicest Gatch sites there is IMHO, and no you are not to old, I'm in that age bracket too.

A villain must be a thing of power, handled with delicacy and grace. He must be wicked enough to excite our aversion, strong enough to arouse our fear, human enough to awaken some transient gleam of sympathy. - Agnes Repplier

No new posts 27-04-2008 15:43 stardust is offline Send an Email to stardust Search for Posts by stardust Add stardust to your Buddy List
Rory Rory is a Female
Boardie

I am an Eagle.

4 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 26-04-2008

spacer

quote:

Nah, the Rubber Room ain't scary, but it's just mad and soft, so you can't hurt anybody or break anything, except custard pies of course.

You can't say. I've earned the notoriety of being a very angsty slash writer. Some people may not survive the strain. Devilgrin

No new posts 27-04-2008 20:19 Rory is offline Send an Email to Rory Homepage of Rory Search for Posts by Rory Add Rory to your Buddy List
Rory Rory is a Female
Boardie

I am an Eagle.

4 fics uploaded

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by lborgia88
Welcome, Rory! No, you're not too old -you'll find that lots of us here watched BOTP in the 1970s. I did!

So that means I'm not the only Geriatric Gatchamaniac around. Nice to be in good company. Devilgrin

No new posts 27-04-2008 20:23 Rory is offline Send an Email to Rory Homepage of Rory Search for Posts by Rory Add Rory to your Buddy List
Rory Rory is a Female
Boardie

I am an Eagle.

4 fics uploaded

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by Springie
I'm a 70's girl, too! Rory, you're in the right place! And we're always happy to have another eagle around! You know, Jun is my favorite character ( I always wanted to *be* her)...only because I had mad crushes on both the Eagle and the Condor and could never choose...and she can kick butt! But I tend to crush on the Eagle just a wee bit more, I think...Luvu1 Eagle

welcome

Thank you. Sadly, I'm not a big Jun fan. I'm one of those crazy ladies who believe that Ken belongs to Joe and vice versa. Hope that doesn't get me into trouble here. Scared

No new posts 27-04-2008 20:28 Rory is offline Send an Email to Rory Homepage of Rory Search for Posts by Rory Add Rory to your Buddy List
Rory Rory is a Female
Boardie

I am an Eagle.

4 fics uploaded

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by Fairlight
quote:

Yippee! And I thought I was the only middle-aged fan here.

No, not at all, Rory. I'm right up there with you and loving it. The folks here are great, and I have a wonderful time. Glad you decided to post. And pleeeeease--post some good PWP! It's my favorite! Wave2

Hello, Fairlight!

Seriously? I don't write PWPs. I prefer writing stories with plots and lots of steamy sex scenes. Of course, I'm talking about SLASH stories, sooooo... I don't know if you'd have the courage to read my tales. My friend, who's not a slash/yaoi fan made the mistake of reading the unexpurgated version of my first Gatchaman fic. Needless to say, I had to go to church to confess and seek absolution for corrupting an innocent mind. Devilgrin

Sincerely,
Rory

No new posts 27-04-2008 20:32 Rory is offline Send an Email to Rory Homepage of Rory Search for Posts by Rory Add Rory to your Buddy List
Rory Rory is a Female
Boardie

I am an Eagle.

4 fics uploaded

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by Transmute Jun
You definitely aren't too old, Rory! And we're glad to see you coming out of lurkdom! To me, that's the biggest compliment.. when someone enjoys the site enough to step out and introduce themselves!

So, Welcome!!!

Dear Transmute Jun,

Thank you very much! I hope I'd have better luck here compared to the last Forum I've been in.

Sincerely,
Rory

No new posts 27-04-2008 20:34 Rory is offline Send an Email to Rory Homepage of Rory Search for Posts by Rory Add Rory to your Buddy List
Rory Rory is a Female
Boardie

I am an Eagle.

4 fics uploaded

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by Thunderbird
Welcome aboard the God Phoenix Rory. I think you'll find we have all the cerebonic implants you could need. Lots of white panties. Lots of dangerous ninja weapons. Very few kids with speech problems and a whole bunch of funny people. Smile

Thank you very much, Thunderbird! I certainly could do without the kids. I'm also the official blogger for an anime channel and I certainly would rather not deal with poor mannered kids, with or without speech problems. :sad:

No new posts 27-04-2008 20:37 Rory is offline Send an Email to Rory Homepage of Rory Search for Posts by Rory Add Rory to your Buddy List
Rory Rory is a Female
Boardie

I am an Eagle.

4 fics uploaded

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by Madilayn
Welcome Rory - and you certainly aren't too old!!! You'll find that the rest of us are all around the same age as you.

Yup - I'm another Swannie - but one with a definite Condor bent. We do need more Eagles, so feel free to bring them on!!

As for putting things on the Eagle's tab - are gou game????? Icecream1

Dear Madilayn,

Thank you very much! Nice to know I'm in good company.

Errr...no, I'd rather not add to Ken's tab. I know how it feels to be in serious debt, sooo.... But I will buy him a drink though. Beer

Sincerely,
Rory

No new posts 27-04-2008 20:40 Rory is offline Send an Email to Rory Homepage of Rory Search for Posts by Rory Add Rory to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

quote:
quote:

Nah, the Rubber Room ain't scary, but it's just mad and soft, so you can't hurt anybody or break anything, except custard pies of course.

You can't say. I've earned the notoriety of being a very angsty slash writer. Some people may not survive the strain. Devilgrin

In that case we better have a sign to warn people that you are in there just in case. Knifeyspoony

No new posts 27-04-2008 20:46 Metaliant is offline Send an Email to Metaliant Homepage of Metaliant Search for Posts by Metaliant Add Metaliant to your Buddy List MSN Screenname: The Legend
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Springie
I'm a 70's girl, too! Rory, you're in the right place! And we're always happy to have another eagle around! You know, Jun is my favorite character ( I always wanted to *be* her)...only because I had mad crushes on both the Eagle and the Condor and could never choose...and she can kick butt! But I tend to crush on the Eagle just a wee bit more, I think...Luvu1 Eagle

welcome

Thank you. Sadly, I'm not a big Jun fan. I'm one of those crazy ladies who believe that Ken belongs to Joe and vice versa. Hope that doesn't get me into trouble here. Scared

Sorry, but I think I might have mis-read that. Did you say that you believe that Ken and Joe should be together? Animekiss

No new posts 27-04-2008 20:49 Metaliant is offline Send an Email to Metaliant Homepage of Metaliant Search for Posts by Metaliant Add Metaliant to your Buddy List MSN Screenname: The Legend
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Thunderbird
Welcome aboard the God Phoenix Rory. I think you'll find we have all the cerebonic implants you could need. Lots of white panties. Lots of dangerous ninja weapons. Very few kids with speech problems and a whole bunch of funny people. Smile

Thank you very much, Thunderbird! I certainly could do without the kids. I'm also the official blogger for an anime channel and I certainly would rather not deal with poor mannered kids, with or without speech problems. :sad:

I don't know about anybody else, but I like my kids properly cooked. Sorry.

No new posts 27-04-2008 20:50 Metaliant is offline Send an Email to Metaliant Homepage of Metaliant Search for Posts by Metaliant Add Metaliant to your Buddy List MSN Screenname: The Legend
Rory Rory is a Female
Boardie

I am an Eagle.

4 fics uploaded

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by meg
Welcome Rory! Wave2

I think that on this board we're all addicted to Gatchaman. I keep watching it over and again.
I agree with you Met. Japanese version sounds better than American.
I think that dubbing on BOTP was much better then on the ADV version.

Dear Meg,

Thank you very much! Sadly, I doubt if I'll ever get to watch the Japanese version. Much too expensive for my measly budget. :sad:

Sincerely,
Rory

No new posts 27-04-2008 20:52 Rory is offline Send an Email to Rory Homepage of Rory Search for Posts by Rory Add Rory to your Buddy List
Rory Rory is a Female
Boardie

I am an Eagle.

4 fics uploaded

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by Ebonyswanne
Hi Rory... I'm a seventies Swan so don't be shy!!

Came into the rubber room for a few drinks if you dare...welcome welcome

Dear Ebonyswanne,

I think I'll be taking Met's advice and put a warning when I'm in the Rubber Room. A rather dangerous slash writer is now lurking among you. :devil:

Sincerely,
Rory

No new posts 27-04-2008 20:55 Rory is offline Send an Email to Rory Homepage of Rory Search for Posts by Rory Add Rory to your Buddy List
Rory Rory is a Female
Boardie

I am an Eagle.

4 fics uploaded

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by amyltrer
Hello Rory! Well, I'm pretty much a Gallactor badie, but I like newbies! Welcome welcome Wave1

Oh, and you can never be too old for Gatch!

Thank you very much, Amyltrer, although my nephews and nieces think I'm an embarrassment to them that someone my age is still watching anime. Devilgrin

No new posts 27-04-2008 20:58 Rory is offline Send an Email to Rory Homepage of Rory Search for Posts by Rory Add Rory to your Buddy List
Rory Rory is a Female
Boardie

I am an Eagle.

4 fics uploaded

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by Cep
Hello and welcome Rory Spin1 its always nice to see new people take the plunge!

Please post your stories, artwork or anything you have done I am certain we would all love to see it King1

And please do get more people to fly in! flying

Dear Cep,

Are you *really* sure you want me to post my stories here? No, seriously, I'll be putting a warning in the Subject line in every fic post I make. I'm a slash writer, you see. Don't want to offend any delicate sensibilities. Besides, I had to go to confession recently because that silly friend of mine decided to read the unexpurgated version of my first Gatchaman fic. I never figured I'd end up corrupting an innocent mind. But still, not being a fervent churchgoer, I thought I was going to melt when I entered my first church in 9-10 years. *groan*

Thanks for the welcome!

Sincerely,
Rory

No new posts 27-04-2008 21:02 Rory is offline Send an Email to Rory Homepage of Rory Search for Posts by Rory Add Rory to your Buddy List
Rory Rory is a Female
Boardie

I am an Eagle.

4 fics uploaded

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by stardust
This is one of the nicest Gatch sites there is IMHO, and no you are not to old, I'm in that age bracket too.

Nice to meet a fellow 40s something, Stardust!

No new posts 27-04-2008 21:03 Rory is offline Send an Email to Rory Homepage of Rory Search for Posts by Rory Add Rory to your Buddy List
« previous  1  [2]  3  4  next »  --> Members browsing this thread: none Pages (4): « previous  1  [2]  3  4  next » 
Post New Thread Post Reply
Rate Thread: 

very bad very bad 

very good very good 

Go to: