Gatchamania.net
Register Memberlist Staff Search FAQ Arcade Calendar Gallery Filebase Forums Home  

Gatchamania.net »[Speak Up!] »Introductions » Wonderpants!
Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (3): « previous  1  2  [3]  Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Wonderpants!
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Cep Cep is a Male
Board Pirate

I am a Galactor.

Registration Date: 22-01-2004

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

Aww no need to leave WP, just because you made a simple mistake is no need to feel outcast.

Besides you were willing to rectify it so I'm sure everyones happy with that.

Gatchamania.net Administrator Gatch

No new posts 22-07-2004 08:02 Cep is offline Send an Email to Cep Homepage of Cep Search for Posts by Cep Add Cep to your Buddy List Add Cep to your Contact List AIM Screenname: cepeleon
CricketBeautiful
Forum God

I am a Zark.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 04-04-2004

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

Everyone makes mistakes! The lucky ones get told about it.

Seriously, the fact that you said, "Oops, didn't realize, will fix" rather than "F$%^" counts big, very big. And both Meridian and Imaqtz admitted to making the same mistake -- so you're in very, very good company.

While we're on the topic, is it generally okay to say "hey, check out my friend's work at www.ssss.com", or should you get permission. They have to go to the friend's site to see it.

Hubby and I say that, if it's on the web without a password, you can advertise the URL.

Artist friend says, no, it sucks up my bandwidth. Get permission first.

All three of us agree that the above does not apply to large sites like CNN. And you should link to the site's intended entry page or at least a page that has the usual entry page info.

What's the concensus here?

Cricket

- Viktor E. Frankl

No new posts 22-07-2004 19:49 CricketBeautiful is offline Send an Email to CricketBeautiful Homepage of CricketBeautiful Search for Posts by CricketBeautiful Add CricketBeautiful to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: cricketbeautiful MSN Screenname: cricketbeautiful@hotmail.com
imaqtz
Forum God

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 17-07-2001

spacer

The consensus would be to STOP this patronising and condescending tone on a new member! .

WE ALL have a lesson to learn from this thread.

We sometimes take for granted that EVERYONE knows the rules and regulations regarding copyright , bandwidth stealing , art pinching and so forth.Most site's now carry such a warning or state it in their rules.

Sometimes there IS no other way but a curt and swift "upside on the head" to anyone who may wittingly or unwittingly contravene those rules.

However to continue in this condescending way AFTER member had apologised is JUST BEING RUDE!

Its one thing to be a dickead and quite another to look and feel like one..

Im sorry Wonderpants had to look and feel like one AFTER he apologised.

At least Sayuri had the good grace to acknowledge and even accepted our apology back then.

NOONE was made to feel stupid or dickhead enough to leave the site with their tail between their legs!

We might be "like minded " and share an appreciation of Gatchaman/BOTP etc..but we each come with varying senisitivities..and even MY Friggin tough as nails hide had my sensibilities offended to see such condensation AFTER WP apologised!

Why am I so incensed? Because the guy was a NEW member..you could SEE his damn enthusiasm in discovering birdgo...and even his excitement in opening up a new site as a shrine to the Swan..in his obvious naivety he even states "And I may have used pics that are hosted on the sites of some people here. I've gotten to the point where I've got too many pics to keep track of where they come from. No disrespect is intended, and I'll be happy to take the images down if you don't want me to use them"

Lyon rightly clued him in in no uncertain terms as did Meridian and Cep that the pics he had already put up were there illegally.

Fine and good...Until he apologised , removed them ...and the REST OF US THEN POUNCED ON HIM with our condescending patronising little speeches!

How could any new member who has just begun to rediscover the joy of Gatchaman..be nothing less than mortified enough to slink back into the shadows by it?

When we got our dousing by Sayuri..we WERENT new members, and had developed enough confidence to weather that storm with many humble apologies for the infraction as well as start a very informative conversation with her about Japanese artists and their battle with people that infringe their copyright rules. Despite the language barrier, Sayuri and G002 took that time and effort to explain it. Most importantly, they acknowledged and accepted our apology for unwittingly displaying pics without prior permission. That alone deserves our continued admiration and respect for them. < a damn shame that particular thread got lost in the old forum reshuffle>

Katse's Immediate reaction and rectification of this matter is still there however..

http://www.gatchamania.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=430

Effective immediately, I ask that all members refrain from posting any artwork, text excerpts or translation attempts on this messageboard.

Posts may be made if it is your own personal work. If you want to post someone else's work, you must send me a copy of an email from the website owner/artist/writer stating that you have permission to post their work here. When you do post the work, please remember to include the name and url for the website from which you obtained it, and the name of the artist.

ok...ive spent most of my anger and mortification now..Gods I was sooo ready to start ripping new holes into so many people here today...I still just might...

See, I know most of you well enough to risk a war of words and admonishments even in my misplaced tirade
Im good to go for a pouncetackle and good tussle <heck it makes for a better kiss and makeup session!>..shame WP is too new a member to do the same!

WP Im sorry mate if you feel like you have to leave. Thats your choice. It takes someone of good standing to own up to a mistake and even apologise. Im sure youll never again underestimate the importance of asking permission for pics or how deeply that can irritate any artist ..

Im sorry for my part and for the lack of common courtesy after your apology. Im sorrier it had to take you stating how you feel and opting out to bring forth our reactions.

to the rest of you...Lets not get sooooooo ahead of ourselves , that we end up running over others.!

Cricket you have a good topic for discussion in your post re urls and whats suitable to link...Place it on another thread for discussion ..would love to comment on it, just not in here.

No new posts 23-07-2004 01:14 imaqtz is offline Send an Email to imaqtz Search for Posts by imaqtz Add imaqtz to your Buddy List
lyon
Boardie

I am an Eagle.

4 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 06-12-2002

spacer

jeez Imi. while it's good to know that you're still as volatile as ever, couldn't you have warned me first so i could have fortified with alcohol and a pair of dark shades before reading?

and i didnt see any condescending, just some healthy back and forth ... but if WP feels that badly about it that he (she/it) feels the need to lick wounds after what amounted to a slap on the wrist, i'm not going to be all twitchy and haul him (her/it) back into the limelight.

i would have been willing to make a special case for grabbing Jun screencaps for him (her/it), if he'd (she'd, they'd) asked politely as i'm going to be there anyways as i slog through all the episodes. but if WP is mortified by his (her, its) unwitting faux pas, then a decent moment of silence and regrouping is probably required before his pants will shine wonderously again.

No new posts 23-07-2004 02:58 lyon is offline Send an Email to lyon Homepage of lyon Search for Posts by lyon Add lyon to your Buddy List Add lyon to your Contact List YIM Screenname: tuxedo_lyon
imaqtz
Forum God

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 17-07-2001

spacer

tilts head viewing posts from a different angle

I should have perhaps given a ten second countdown and set off sirens wanring of impending self implosion ..eh?

Im still trying to figure out what exactly set me off in the first place..

Could be WP had that scolded puppy dog look.much like the puppy Joe saved..and I could have had shrapnel lodge itself in my brain, like he did when trying to save pup from supposed harm's way.....who knows?

In any case, morning tirade was uncalled for and I was waay out of line..sticking my nose in places it had no place to be... Im sorry if I offended anyone..In my brain shredded state I percieved a snootiness of tone , even coming from me..and it riled and mortified * me* beyond belief..

No excuse really ..but there it is..

<sigh..ever since Cep made the site Troll -free..been salvating for something or someone to sink my teeth into..>

I just hate seeing anyone given a stern dressing down, and it appalled me to see WP refer to himself as a dickead..hell I dont know him from a bar of soap, but it was enough to stir a reaction..

Still no excuse...

Each to their own, one cant counter for everyone's sensibilites nor sensitivities..tho Im still standing on my principles.

I could say more..but Ill only end up rambling and making things ten times more convoluted...

Best I can offer to you all , as a peace offering, is a case each of Kat's best bottle of fine red wine and Cep's finest most mature scotch < both stolen from their cellars without permission.*grin*> as well as kewlest Matrix style darkglasses.. for everyone!..<dont ask where I got them from.!>

Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool

Oh..ok...ok..and a certificate to say "Im sorry. Please accept this certficate as a personal IOU for a free massage to soothe any stress .. "

Big Grin

No new posts 23-07-2004 16:16 imaqtz is offline Send an Email to imaqtz Search for Posts by imaqtz Add imaqtz to your Buddy List
Cep Cep is a Male
Board Pirate

I am a Galactor.

Registration Date: 22-01-2004

spacer

hehe Trolls

....ey thats my whisky! *chases Imers*

Gatchamania.net Administrator Gatch

No new posts 23-07-2004 23:32 Cep is offline Send an Email to Cep Homepage of Cep Search for Posts by Cep Add Cep to your Buddy List Add Cep to your Contact List AIM Screenname: cepeleon
« previous  1  2  [3]  --> Members browsing this thread: none Pages (3): « previous  1  2  [3] 
Post New Thread Post Reply
Rate Thread: 

very bad very bad 

very good very good 

Go to: