Gatchamania.net
Register Memberlist Staff Search FAQ Arcade Calendar Gallery Filebase Forums Home  

Gatchamania.net »[Speak Up!] »Introductions » Wonderpants!
Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (3): « previous  1  [2]  3  next »  Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Wonderpants!
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Wonderpants
Former Lurker

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 11-07-2004

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

//opens the doors and walks out of the frisking room, casually twirling a shuriken between his fingers

Yep, nice screencaps of Princess. Of course, I've got lots already though. Big Grin

No new posts 13-07-2004 22:08 Wonderpants is offline Send an Email to Wonderpants Search for Posts by Wonderpants Add Wonderpants to your Buddy List
Wonderpants
Former Lurker

0 fics uploaded

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

Fcuking hell!

I think I'll be spending the rest of the night looking at www.birdgo.com........

No new posts 13-07-2004 22:17 Wonderpants is offline Send an Email to Wonderpants Search for Posts by Wonderpants Add Wonderpants to your Buddy List
stardust stardust is a Female
Boardie

I am a Berg Katse.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 21-05-2004

spacer

It is a great website isn't it?

A villain must be a thing of power, handled with delicacy and grace. He must be wicked enough to excite our aversion, strong enough to arouse our fear, human enough to awaken some transient gleam of sympathy. - Agnes Repplier

No new posts 13-07-2004 23:08 stardust is offline Send an Email to stardust Search for Posts by stardust Add stardust to your Buddy List
Cep Cep is a Male
Board Pirate

I am a Galactor.

Registration Date: 22-01-2004

spacer

Yes it is pretty fondo! Daisy2

Just wonder why Lyon or Sam haven't added their site to the links directory here. Confused

Gatchamania.net Administrator Gatch

No new posts 14-07-2004 08:00 Cep is offline Send an Email to Cep Homepage of Cep Search for Posts by Cep Add Cep to your Buddy List Add Cep to your Contact List AIM Screenname: cepeleon
lyon
Boardie

I am an Eagle.

4 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 06-12-2002

spacer

i'm lazy as hell?

not sure what Sam's excuse is...

No new posts 15-07-2004 06:46 lyon is offline Send an Email to lyon Homepage of lyon Search for Posts by lyon Add lyon to your Buddy List Add lyon to your Contact List YIM Screenname: tuxedo_lyon
Elvin Ruler Elvin Ruler is a Female
Forum God

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 09-01-2003

spacer

Heh. Probably the same. Big Grin

No new posts 15-07-2004 13:03 Elvin Ruler is offline Send an Email to Elvin Ruler Search for Posts by Elvin Ruler Add Elvin Ruler to your Buddy List AIM Screenname: Elvnruler
Firebird
Princess Firebird..... Goddess of Swannie Fics

I am a Swan.

63 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 01-07-2002

spacer

I see Imi skimp on the frisking again

Just as well you have the Screencaps to keep you amused

No new posts 15-07-2004 19:49 Firebird is offline Send an Email to Firebird Search for Posts by Firebird Add Firebird to your Buddy List AIM Screenname: Taishala YIM Screenname: taishala
Elvin Ruler Elvin Ruler is a Female
Forum God

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 09-01-2003

spacer

Peh. Imi's been slacking off. Perhaps she just doesn't have what it takes anymore? *sigh*

Or maybe she's asleep. Like this: Drool3 Ew...she's drooling...gross.

Imi! Wake up!

Poke

No new posts 16-07-2004 13:30 Elvin Ruler is offline Send an Email to Elvin Ruler Search for Posts by Elvin Ruler Add Elvin Ruler to your Buddy List AIM Screenname: Elvnruler
Wonderpants
Former Lurker

0 fics uploaded

spacer

Well, since there seems to be a shortage of Princess orientated websites on the Net, here's my fledgling site:

The Snack Jun shrine

All comments are welcomed.

And I may have used pics that are hosted on the sites of some people here. I've gotten to the point where I've got too many pics to keep track of where they come from. No disrespect is intended, and I'll be happy to take the images down if you don't want me to use them. Smile

No new posts 20-07-2004 22:02 Wonderpants is offline Send an Email to Wonderpants Search for Posts by Wonderpants Add Wonderpants to your Buddy List
lyon
Boardie

I am an Eagle.

4 fics uploaded

spacer

remove the BirdGo screencaps - you didn't ask and i'm not feeling more than tolerably forgiving at the moment.

No new posts 21-07-2004 01:30 lyon is offline Send an Email to lyon Homepage of lyon Search for Posts by lyon Add lyon to your Buddy List Add lyon to your Contact List YIM Screenname: tuxedo_lyon
meridianday meridianday is a Female
Galaxy Girl

I am a Devilstar.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 27-06-2001

spacer

Hard to comment when there's nothing there....

Since the images have been shrunk I can't tell whether they're all from birdgo or not. However, Wonderpants, you have made them from full size images and since Lyon has marked all of hers you have no excuse of saying that you don't know where they came from. That's just rude.

I recall Sayuri being very upset some months ago about the use of fanart on sites without any credit being given to the artist or permission asked (admittedly it's hard to ask permission due to the language difficulties). But that G3 in G1 pose on your front page is definitely fanart not Tatsunoko stock art, and whoever produced it would most likely be upset to see it there too. On the other hand, due to the language problems, they're also less likely to complain.

Devilstar Mallanox : "My mother was Irish and my father was an alien. I was an only child and I dress funny." Devilstar

No new posts 21-07-2004 06:26 meridianday is offline Send an Email to meridianday Homepage of meridianday Search for Posts by meridianday Add meridianday to your Buddy List
lyon
Boardie

I am an Eagle.

4 fics uploaded

spacer

unless Sayuri sees it, in which case she'll raise holy hell in both languages.

grin. gotta love her but man, that Hammer of Copyright Violation +2 falls with a tremendous thunk.

i know, because i got hit with it once for uploading some of Robix' stuff for Mei, and then forgetting to immediately remove it once it had been grabbed. i think i still have a scar....

No new posts 21-07-2004 07:02 lyon is offline Send an Email to lyon Homepage of lyon Search for Posts by lyon Add lyon to your Buddy List Add lyon to your Contact List YIM Screenname: tuxedo_lyon
Galaxy Girl

I am a Devilstar.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

I caught Sayuri's wrath indirectly because I was one of several people linking to pics on japanese sites from the old forums here. She certainly knows how to make her point... I haven't done it since.

Fact is, I wouldn't like fanart misappropriation to happen to me either, although it's far less likely because I'm not such a good artist that my stuff is going to get pinched. But a lot of the stuff by Sayuri and Robix and Haha (and all those other ones) is so good it's hard to resist.

Devilstar Mallanox : "My mother was Irish and my father was an alien. I was an only child and I dress funny." Devilstar

No new posts 21-07-2004 07:12 meridianday is offline Send an Email to meridianday Homepage of meridianday Search for Posts by meridianday Add meridianday to your Buddy List
lyon
Boardie

I am an Eagle.

4 fics uploaded

spacer

pinched for personal archive is expected or it wouldnt be placed online.

its the "pinch and display on my own website" that gets annoying. and every so often i find my own personal art in places it does not belong - its a bit startling.

although if you get down to brass tacks, i'm pinching from Tatsunoko which isnt right either. however, i defend my original demand for picture retraction from Wondertrousers since it was my time, effort and skill that grabbed those pictures (along with Sam's money at purchasing them for me as a gift) .. and its very rude to pinch when the logo (complete with web address) makes its very clear they were stolen.

No new posts 21-07-2004 07:46 lyon is offline Send an Email to lyon Homepage of lyon Search for Posts by lyon Add lyon to your Buddy List Add lyon to your Contact List YIM Screenname: tuxedo_lyon
Cep Cep is a Male
Board Pirate

I am a Galactor.

Registration Date: 22-01-2004

spacer

Unfortuanetly Wonderpants I'll have to remove the link to this site if the above is still true in two days time. Sorry but dems is de rules Smile

Gatchamania.net Administrator Gatch

No new posts 21-07-2004 07:50 Cep is offline Send an Email to Cep Homepage of Cep Search for Posts by Cep Add Cep to your Buddy List Add Cep to your Contact List AIM Screenname: cepeleon
Wonderpants
Former Lurker

0 fics uploaded

spacer

Ok, the pictures will be removed.

Again, sorry for any offense (although yes, I should have noticed the BirdGo logo...)

No new posts 21-07-2004 08:15 Wonderpants is offline Send an Email to Wonderpants Search for Posts by Wonderpants Add Wonderpants to your Buddy List
imaqtz
Forum God

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 17-07-2001

spacer

Dammit...I go into intensive training for a couple of days and I miss the action!

Did Lyon actually bare teeth and growl ...without using plasma rifle..and THEY LIVED?!

Wonderpants...you surivivor of the year!. Id start buying lottery tickets if I were you..youre THAT damn lucky to have come out of that scathing with nothing but mere scratches!

LOL!

Ah sometimes we have to take the hard path to learn copyright lessons and respect original fan artisists and their work..*grin*

Im sorry you had to find out the hard way how to ASK PERMISSION first to display art.

Is true that the art is on the net.. for personal enjoyment and admiration..so I can understand the exuberance in opening up a site and showcasing a variety of artists interpretation for our beloved heroine the G3..

Theres no prob in starting up a site..or even showing pics..IF permission has been granted by the artist first. Its only a matter of emailing them. Sometimes youll find theyll aprove as long as you link their site..Problem I can relate to ..you end up with so many gorgeous pics and you cant remember where you got them from!

Worst kind of snide and disrespect <usually known as STEALING in artists and fanfic writer circles..punishable by no less than a horrible death of eternal flames in hell> is putting up a pic with no permission, no link or even worse passing it off as your own.

Actually expereinces like these are a major learning curve for any website esp a new one..you can only learn through experience..

And Gods yes...*huge wistful sighsmile*..I too recall Sayuris and G002's displeasure at our naively exuberant attempts to dispaly, share and translate a wonderful Japanese fanfic also showing Robix's work..

<Just WHAT is it about talented celebrity fanfic authors and fanartists that menace you with a tonguelashing akin to a budokai sword slash that completely turns me on?!> :drool:

Dammit ..what was my point again?

Ah!...Well we all sure learnt after that and to date no one has dispalyed work that has not had permission..or the artists/author themselves contributed theri work here!.

.Actually My avatar is Sayuri's work!.Alll it took was a respectful email asking permission <read that as pleading and begging on bended knees witha lot of pitiful puppydog looks..added with lots of please please with sugar on tops> Wink1

My experience with every artist/author so far has been extremely aweinspriring and jawdropping of their efforts < and that DEFINITELY includes you as well Merry!!>

Get to know them, and you might be surprised to find them in a congenial enough mood to ask them to commission some work just for you! ..

( on the flip side of the same argument...Imagine then how it must feel if you did the hard work of asking for a pic..theyve drawn just for you..pinched and shown on someone elses site!..)

Anyways , congrats on showing some humility and apologising and surviving your encounter while building up your site!

Excuse me...

*grabs Lyon, Merry, Sayuri as well as every other artist/.author in the Frisking Room *

Next time I want to see plasma rifles, greenades and birdmissiles- 2guns and blucketloads of blood and gore!!!!

YEAH BABY YEAH!!!

Big Grin

No new posts 21-07-2004 17:28 imaqtz is offline Send an Email to imaqtz Search for Posts by imaqtz Add imaqtz to your Buddy List
stardust stardust is a Female
Boardie

I am a Berg Katse.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 21-05-2004

spacer

quote:
But that G3 in G1 pose on your front page is definitely fanart not Tatsunoko stock art, and whoever produced it would most likely be upset to see it there too. On the other hand, due to the language problems, they're also less likely to complain.

I can tell you exactly where that picture came from because I was just checking out the site the other day. It is from utolandcity.com and the artist is Anoji.

Wonderpants, you need to be careful when putting up any art of any kind. Before you go any further with this site I suggest you read up on your copyright laws so you may further avoid this sort of situation. I think Lyon was being pretty calm considering. I know as an artist I get pretty worked up over stuff like this.

A villain must be a thing of power, handled with delicacy and grace. He must be wicked enough to excite our aversion, strong enough to arouse our fear, human enough to awaken some transient gleam of sympathy. - Agnes Repplier

No new posts 21-07-2004 18:12 stardust is offline Send an Email to stardust Search for Posts by stardust Add stardust to your Buddy List
Wonderpants
Former Lurker

0 fics uploaded

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by stardust
Wonderpants, you need to be careful when putting up any art of any kind. Before you go any further with this site I suggest you read up on your copyright laws so you may further avoid this sort of situation. I think Lyon was being pretty calm considering. I know as an artist I get pretty worked up over stuff like this.

No, I won't be hosting any more pics without owner's permission, but since I've stupidly made myself look like a dickhead, I guess I'll bow out and leave you all as I found you.

No hard feelings though, hopefully.

No new posts 21-07-2004 19:57 Wonderpants is offline Send an Email to Wonderpants Search for Posts by Wonderpants Add Wonderpants to your Buddy List
Galaxy Girl

I am a Devilstar.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

Oh Wonderpants, you don't need to leave.

No new posts 21-07-2004 20:23 meridianday is offline Send an Email to meridianday Homepage of meridianday Search for Posts by meridianday Add meridianday to your Buddy List
« previous  1  [2]  3  next »  --> Members browsing this thread: none Pages (3): « previous  1  [2]  3  next » 
Post New Thread Post Reply
Rate Thread: 

very bad very bad 

very good very good 

Go to: