Gatchamania.net
Register Memberlist Staff Search FAQ Arcade Calendar Gallery Filebase Forums Home  

Gatchamania.net »[Speak Up!] »General Discussion » Happy Easter
Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (2): « previous  1  [2]  Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Happy Easter
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
stardust stardust is a Female
Boardie

I am a Berg Katse.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 21-05-2004

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

quote:
There is a difference between religion and faith.
But some were brave enough to stand up to them.

Watch the movie... "Passion of the Christ." That explains it very well, and it closer to the truth of what happened than most movies I have seen.

Yes there is a big difference between religion and faith, that is why when I'm asked if I'm religious I say no, I am however spiritual and have a faith.

And the movie, yes, a very powerful one indeed.

Ebony I think you pretty much summed it all up quite nicely, thank you.

A villain must be a thing of power, handled with delicacy and grace. He must be wicked enough to excite our aversion, strong enough to arouse our fear, human enough to awaken some transient gleam of sympathy. - Agnes Repplier

No new posts 23-03-2008 23:59 stardust is offline Send an Email to stardust Search for Posts by stardust Add stardust to your Buddy List
Joeswench Joeswench is a Female

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 08-03-2008

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

Happy Easter everyone...

I see you guys can get deep at this time of year!

No new posts 25-03-2008 06:00 Joeswench is offline Search for Posts by Joeswench Add Joeswench to your Buddy List
clouddancer clouddancer is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am an Owl.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 10-04-2007

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by Joeswench
Happy Easter everyone...

I see you guys can get deep at this time of year!

We can get deep at any time of the year. Which is why we need the Smut to keep us from getting too deep. laugh3

No new posts 25-03-2008 17:58 clouddancer is offline Send an Email to clouddancer Search for Posts by clouddancer Add clouddancer to your Buddy List
Metaliant Metaliant is a Male
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 06-06-2005

spacer

Did anybody know that Christ was born between 7 and 4 BC and not in the year 0.

No new posts 29-03-2008 10:31 Metaliant is offline Send an Email to Metaliant Homepage of Metaliant Search for Posts by Metaliant Add Metaliant to your Buddy List MSN Screenname: The Legend
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by Cep
Its snowing! Big Grin Happy Easter everyone!

Snow what snow. Have heard the rest of the island is covered with the stuff but in Bloxwich there's no sign.

No new posts 29-03-2008 10:32 Metaliant is offline Send an Email to Metaliant Homepage of Metaliant Search for Posts by Metaliant Add Metaliant to your Buddy List MSN Screenname: The Legend
Ebonyswanne Ebonyswanne is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Swan.

23 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 25-04-2007

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by Metaliant
Did anybody know that Christ was born between 7 and 4 BC and not in the year 0.

I'd believe that, historians have been trying to figure it out for ages.

My idea about that was the Roman christians started the time frames..

B.C = Before Christ

A.D = After Christ

Much the way Americans especially will refer to 9/11 as a base for time and events that happened before and after. It marks how significant it really was.(I hear many people even outside of America refer to before 9/11 or after.)

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Ebonyswanne on 30-03-2008 at 01:39.
No new posts 30-03-2008 01:38 Ebonyswanne is offline Send an Email to Ebonyswanne Search for Posts by Ebonyswanne Add Ebonyswanne to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

That is correct, BC means Before Christ and AD means Anno Domini which translates from latin to In the year of (Our) Lord and was used in the Julian calander and is used in the Gregorian calander which is being used now.

Oh and talking about Easter, you really should read about this.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Metaliant on 30-03-2008 at 09:06.
No new posts 30-03-2008 09:05 Metaliant is offline Send an Email to Metaliant Homepage of Metaliant Search for Posts by Metaliant Add Metaliant to your Buddy List MSN Screenname: The Legend
Hinotori Hinotori is a Female
Babbling Loonie

I am an Eagle.

2 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 09-10-2007

spacer

And just to confuse things even more, don't forget BCE (Before Common Era), used by those who don't believe in Christ.

Eagle Condor Swan Swallow Hootie

No new posts 30-03-2008 15:31 Hinotori is offline Send an Email to Hinotori Search for Posts by Hinotori Add Hinotori to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: Hinotori72
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

Well they do say in Star Trek that time travelling gives you the headaches and we have certainly been doing that with this calander or that calander or this time zone or that timezone and then in Britian we just had the change to BST and the Americans had a similar change earlier on as well.

I am surprise that we know when we are at all.

No new posts 30-03-2008 15:49 Metaliant is offline Send an Email to Metaliant Homepage of Metaliant Search for Posts by Metaliant Add Metaliant to your Buddy List MSN Screenname: The Legend
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

Found this and it's kinda relevent for Easter.

No new posts 30-03-2008 16:23 Metaliant is offline Send an Email to Metaliant Homepage of Metaliant Search for Posts by Metaliant Add Metaliant to your Buddy List MSN Screenname: The Legend
Hinotori Hinotori is a Female
Babbling Loonie

I am an Eagle.

2 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 09-10-2007

spacer

Wow, that's interesting... I got a message that said "This video is not available in your country". I never got one of those before!! So what are they showing in Britain that the US is not allowed to see???? Thinking

Eagle Condor Swan Swallow Hootie

No new posts 30-03-2008 23:47 Hinotori is offline Send an Email to Hinotori Search for Posts by Hinotori Add Hinotori to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: Hinotori72
Gatchamaniac

I am a Swan.

23 fics uploaded

spacer

Met it just went to a common page in youtube. That generally happens when the link isn't quite right.

The date system we use is the Roman calender... its just a way we track time, and most of the world recognized the millenium.

I never went fully into the historical side of Easter and how some religions worked out the time frame. I guess in a way to me its not whats important...

So why would there be restrictions on the video I wonder...

No new posts 31-03-2008 02:33 Ebonyswanne is offline Send an Email to Ebonyswanne Search for Posts by Ebonyswanne Add Ebonyswanne to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

That's funny, I have just tried it again and it worked. Maybe it's that far right Christain people you got over there.

Basically it's Robot Chicken parody of Kill Bill called Kill Bunny, where Jesus is in the role of the Uma Thurman charactor and goes after the Easter Bunny who's in the role of the David Carradine charactor. It's a trialer style version which has Santa Claus as the Lucy Liu charactor and the Jewish rabbi version of the Crazy 88 gang.

Dammed funny. laugh3

No new posts 31-03-2008 17:47 Metaliant is offline Send an Email to Metaliant Homepage of Metaliant Search for Posts by Metaliant Add Metaliant to your Buddy List MSN Screenname: The Legend
Gatchamaniac

I am a Swan.

23 fics uploaded

spacer

For me Met I just think it was the link... I didn't get warnings like that.

No new posts 31-03-2008 21:41 Ebonyswanne is offline Send an Email to Ebonyswanne Search for Posts by Ebonyswanne Add Ebonyswanne to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

Still strange but just goto YouTube and copy and type, [adult swim] : Robot Chicken - In Quarantino, this in and hopefully it will come up either exactly or give you several choices.

No new posts 31-03-2008 22:01 Metaliant is offline Send an Email to Metaliant Homepage of Metaliant Search for Posts by Metaliant Add Metaliant to your Buddy List MSN Screenname: The Legend
« previous  1  [2]  --> Members browsing this thread: none Pages (2): « previous  1  [2] 
Post New Thread Post Reply
Rate Thread: 

very bad very bad 

very good very good 

Go to: