Gatchamania.net
Register Memberlist Staff Search FAQ Arcade Calendar Gallery Filebase Forums Home  

Gatchamania.net »[Speak Up!] »General Discussion » Dungeons and Dragons
Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (2): [1]  2  next »  Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Dungeons and Dragons
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
damieon damieon is a Male
Boardie

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 26-01-2008

spacer
Dungeons and Dragons Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

Who plays this game or has any clue about it?

No new posts 09-03-2008 18:39 damieon is offline Send an Email to damieon Search for Posts by damieon Add damieon to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: slayer12052
Tengu
Forum Legend

20 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 22-07-2001

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

Plays or has played??

Tengu (who really is against mixing up Chinese and japanese culture...)

No new posts 09-03-2008 20:35 Tengu is offline Send an Email to Tengu Search for Posts by Tengu Add Tengu to your Buddy List
Ebonyswanne Ebonyswanne is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Swan.

23 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 25-04-2007

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

Lots of people over the years Dami.

There are people who in this board who have played the game, it can get very complex the longer you play it.

No new posts 09-03-2008 22:07 Ebonyswanne is offline Send an Email to Ebonyswanne Search for Posts by Ebonyswanne Add Ebonyswanne to your Buddy List
Metaliant Metaliant is a Male
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 06-06-2005

spacer

Never played the game, but did watch the cartoon and the not very good film.

No new posts 09-03-2008 22:47 Metaliant is offline Send an Email to Metaliant Homepage of Metaliant Search for Posts by Metaliant Add Metaliant to your Buddy List MSN Screenname: The Legend
Transmute Jun Transmute Jun is a Female
Queen of the Bird Missiles

I am a Swan.

40 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 04-04-2007

spacer

I've been playing for years. In fact, I am a DM at the moment. We just played yesterday.

No new posts 09-03-2008 23:04 Transmute Jun is offline Send an Email to Transmute Jun Homepage of Transmute Jun Search for Posts by Transmute Jun Add Transmute Jun to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

I am a Swan.

23 fics uploaded

spacer

From how you explained it to me TJ, the only way to understand it is to play it...

No new posts 10-03-2008 00:55 Ebonyswanne is offline Send an Email to Ebonyswanne Search for Posts by Ebonyswanne Add Ebonyswanne to your Buddy List

I am a Swan.

40 fics uploaded

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by Ebonyswanne
From how you explained it to me TJ, the only way to understand it is to play it...

Roll to some extent, that's true. But I could briefly explain it as a form of IF/RP, with pre-written characters for everyone to play. The DM runs the story and sets the scene (like a narrator, and also playing the characters who are not otherwise assigned) and the players each act as their character within that setting.

Of course, there can be a lot of combat, so sometimes acting as your character means pulling out your weapon and bashing stuff to bits. Wink

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Transmute Jun on 10-03-2008 at 01:23.
No new posts 10-03-2008 01:23 Transmute Jun is offline Send an Email to Transmute Jun Homepage of Transmute Jun Search for Posts by Transmute Jun Add Transmute Jun to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

I am a Swan.

23 fics uploaded

spacer

I love to role play...but I never found anyone interested in D&D games in Australia. But did host "murder" role play parties that were a scream, especially when they are done right.

Do you have a link TJ, just so I can see what you are doing??? The last time I played it was a minor part in High school on a board, and then my character was killed off...Frown

No new posts 10-03-2008 09:11 Ebonyswanne is offline Send an Email to Ebonyswanne Search for Posts by Ebonyswanne Add Ebonyswanne to your Buddy List
kimiko kimiko is a Female
Forum God

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 23-09-2007

spacer

My characters were usually killed off early to Ebony.

No new posts 10-03-2008 11:14 kimiko is offline Send an Email to kimiko Search for Posts by kimiko Add kimiko to your Buddy List

I am a Swan.

40 fics uploaded

spacer

Ah, but that's the fun of rolling up a new one. Wink

(So says the DM.... as a player I'd be much more heartbroken... Big Grin )

No new posts 10-03-2008 13:22 Transmute Jun is offline Send an Email to Transmute Jun Homepage of Transmute Jun Search for Posts by Transmute Jun Add Transmute Jun to your Buddy List
Firebird
Princess Firebird..... Goddess of Swannie Fics

I am a Swan.

63 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 01-07-2002

spacer

Up until recently I played an online multi player version of this..

No new posts 10-03-2008 18:22 Firebird is offline Send an Email to Firebird Search for Posts by Firebird Add Firebird to your Buddy List AIM Screenname: Taishala YIM Screenname: taishala
Boardie

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

Lol well I play my DM left leaving me I'm not any good i dont think though

No new posts 11-03-2008 15:39 damieon is offline Send an Email to damieon Search for Posts by damieon Add damieon to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: slayer12052
stardust stardust is a Female
Boardie

I am a Berg Katse.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 21-05-2004

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by Firebird
Up until recently I played an online multi player version of this..

That wouldn't be World of Warcraft would it? I feel like alot of what they have originated from D&D.

A villain must be a thing of power, handled with delicacy and grace. He must be wicked enough to excite our aversion, strong enough to arouse our fear, human enough to awaken some transient gleam of sympathy. - Agnes Repplier

No new posts 12-03-2008 20:56 stardust is offline Send an Email to stardust Search for Posts by stardust Add stardust to your Buddy List
Cep Cep is a Male
Board Pirate

I am a Galactor.

Registration Date: 22-01-2004

spacer

I have played the Warhammer Fantasy game which is a lighter version of D&D from the Games workshop perspective.

Trouble is, not got anyone to really play these games with Frown

Gatchamania.net Administrator Gatch

No new posts 12-03-2008 22:47 Cep is offline Send an Email to Cep Homepage of Cep Search for Posts by Cep Add Cep to your Buddy List Add Cep to your Contact List AIM Screenname: cepeleon
Gatchamaniac

I am a Swan.

23 fics uploaded

spacer

Same here CEP, or else I would have started playing years ago...

No new posts 12-03-2008 22:50 Ebonyswanne is offline Send an Email to Ebonyswanne Search for Posts by Ebonyswanne Add Ebonyswanne to your Buddy List
Boardie

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

We should have a day once a week we all come on and play lol who has yahoo?

No new posts 13-03-2008 15:00 damieon is offline Send an Email to damieon Search for Posts by damieon Add damieon to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: slayer12052
Gunman
Banned

I am a Berg Katse.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 14-02-2008

spacer

I do!

And i have seen some episodes.....

Dont really know how to play......

No new posts 13-03-2008 15:08 Gunman is offline Search for Posts by Gunman Add Gunman to your Buddy List
Boardie

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

Of Dungeons and Dragons? And nobody knows how to fully play when you start you have to play to understand it.

No new posts 13-03-2008 15:17 damieon is offline Send an Email to damieon Search for Posts by damieon Add damieon to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: slayer12052
Gunman
Banned

I am a Berg Katse.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 14-02-2008

spacer

Ok i understand.
fu

No new posts 13-03-2008 15:19 Gunman is offline Search for Posts by Gunman Add Gunman to your Buddy List
Boardie

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

We will have to get together in person and play sometime, when can you come over and play?

No new posts 13-03-2008 15:24 damieon is offline Send an Email to damieon Search for Posts by damieon Add damieon to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: slayer12052
[1]  2  next »  --> Members browsing this thread: none Pages (2): [1]  2  next » 
Post New Thread Post Reply
Rate Thread: 

very bad very bad 

very good very good 

Go to: