Gatchamania.net
Register Memberlist Staff Search FAQ Arcade Calendar Gallery Filebase Forums Home  

Gatchamania.net »[Speak Up!] »General Discussion » The real story behind Egobossler
Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (2): « previous  1  [2]  Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page The real story behind Egobossler
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Transmute Jun Transmute Jun is a Female
Queen of the Bird Missiles

I am a Swan.

40 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 04-04-2007

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Metaliant
I am bothered, both are great looking and T-Pol looks better with long hair anyway. But nothing beats a Swan of course.

Of course.... curtsey

No new posts 26-02-2008 14:27 Transmute Jun is offline Send an Email to Transmute Jun Homepage of Transmute Jun Search for Posts by Transmute Jun Add Transmute Jun to your Buddy List
Ebonyswanne Ebonyswanne is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Swan.

23 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 25-04-2007

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

quote:
"But Ego doesn't have those antannae on his head though. And T'Pol."

Luvu2

He's a cross breed...not the full pedigree.

No new posts 26-02-2008 20:17 Ebonyswanne is offline Send an Email to Ebonyswanne Search for Posts by Ebonyswanne Add Ebonyswanne to your Buddy List
Metaliant Metaliant is a Male
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 06-06-2005

spacer

But aren't his parent humans?

No new posts 26-02-2008 21:02 Metaliant is offline Send an Email to Metaliant Homepage of Metaliant Search for Posts by Metaliant Add Metaliant to your Buddy List MSN Screenname: The Legend
Ebonyswanne Ebonyswanne is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Swan.

23 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 25-04-2007

spacer

Met...I think he was his own race.

I know they were going for the Scottish warrior look because he painted himself blue...

I gather they thought it would be too much to have Ego getting around in a kilt as well...

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Ebonyswanne on 26-02-2008 at 21:59.
No new posts 26-02-2008 21:58 Ebonyswanne is offline Send an Email to Ebonyswanne Search for Posts by Ebonyswanne Add Ebonyswanne to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

So let me get this straight. Ego parents were a smurf and an Andorian but wasn't blue, so he nicked Mel Gibson's Braveheart blue paint to cover himself blue?

No new posts 26-02-2008 22:11 Metaliant is offline Send an Email to Metaliant Homepage of Metaliant Search for Posts by Metaliant Add Metaliant to your Buddy List MSN Screenname: The Legend
clouddancer clouddancer is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am an Owl.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 10-04-2007

spacer

Sounds like you have a story to go there Met. Eek
So when are you going to start writing? Laugh

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by clouddancer on 26-02-2008 at 23:52.
No new posts 26-02-2008 23:51 clouddancer is offline Send an Email to clouddancer Search for Posts by clouddancer Add clouddancer to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

Well I am thinking of doing a sort of docu-fic but still working on some details.

No new posts 27-02-2008 00:02 Metaliant is offline Send an Email to Metaliant Homepage of Metaliant Search for Posts by Metaliant Add Metaliant to your Buddy List MSN Screenname: The Legend
Transmute Jun Transmute Jun is a Female
Queen of the Bird Missiles

I am a Swan.

40 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 04-04-2007

spacer

That' is awesome, Met! I love the idea of the Braveheart face paint....

No new posts 27-02-2008 00:17 Transmute Jun is offline Send an Email to Transmute Jun Homepage of Transmute Jun Search for Posts by Transmute Jun Add Transmute Jun to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

Mel Gibson probably nicked the idea off from Ego.

No new posts 27-02-2008 01:13 Metaliant is offline Send an Email to Metaliant Homepage of Metaliant Search for Posts by Metaliant Add Metaliant to your Buddy List MSN Screenname: The Legend
amyltrer amyltrer is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am an Egoblosser.

4 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 02-12-2006

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by Transmute Jun
quote:
"But Ego doesn't have those antannae on his head though. And T'Pol."

Luvu2

Maybe Ego does have those antennae, and they're hidden under his hair! Big Grin Wink

He hasn't have them at all! Maybe he's a half-breed ! Noo, both his parents were normal human!

No new posts 27-02-2008 05:38 amyltrer is offline Send an Email to amyltrer Search for Posts by amyltrer Add amyltrer to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: amyltrer MSN Screenname: amyltrer@hotmail.com
Gatchamaniac

I am an Egoblosser.

4 fics uploaded

spacer

My assumption before I found out of the real Gatch F story was that Ego was born with a genetic anomaly that caused his blue condition. Nothing deadly, though!

No new posts 27-02-2008 05:42 amyltrer is offline Send an Email to amyltrer Search for Posts by amyltrer Add amyltrer to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: amyltrer MSN Screenname: amyltrer@hotmail.com
kimiko kimiko is a Female
Forum God

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 23-09-2007

spacer

quote:

Ahhh the Wode Warrior himself...

BTW wode (the blue stuff) is a natural dye much like indigo and henna and it doesn't wash off. Personal experience from an SCA member having to come back to the mundane world with blue designs drawn on her face! Try to explain to people that..."No I didn't pass out at a party and get "markered" by my friends...I did this to myself!"

No new posts 27-02-2008 12:46 kimiko is offline Send an Email to kimiko Search for Posts by kimiko Add kimiko to your Buddy List
gatchgirl
Babbling Loonie

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 08-03-2006

spacer

Met I must say that your return has sparked mine back here at Gatchmania....

One other theory that could explain Egos color is, if I'm not mistaken, in the old days, like 1800's possibly, the people would consume small amounts of silver to fight of disease, and in time the silver would turn your body a blue color. So maybe his parents forced him , or maybe they drank it, to stay alive.

I know that people did actually consume silver, just don't know if this was the case they wanted to use here.

Racer by day, Feather Thrower all the time!

No new posts 27-02-2008 14:38 gatchgirl is offline Send an Email to gatchgirl Search for Posts by gatchgirl Add gatchgirl to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

Blimey Gatchgirl, I forgot you were here. Where have you been and what have you been upto and other questions too numberous to post here.

As for your Silver Drinking Theory, one answer could be that if they were bitten by a werewolf, then it would get a nasty shock.

No new posts 27-02-2008 16:30 Metaliant is offline Send an Email to Metaliant Homepage of Metaliant Search for Posts by Metaliant Add Metaliant to your Buddy List MSN Screenname: The Legend
Gatchamaniac

I am an Egoblosser.

4 fics uploaded

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by kimiko
quote:

Ahhh the Wode Warrior himself...

BTW wode (the blue stuff) is a natural dye much like indigo and henna and it doesn't wash off. Personal experience from an SCA member having to come back to the mundane world with blue designs drawn on her face! Try to explain to people that..."No I didn't pass out at a party and get "markered" by my friends...I did this to myself!"

PERMANENT? really? I'm off to search for some on E-bay! Are you sure you can't clean that stuff with anything?!

No new posts 27-02-2008 20:10 amyltrer is offline Send an Email to amyltrer Search for Posts by amyltrer Add amyltrer to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: amyltrer MSN Screenname: amyltrer@hotmail.com
Gatchamaniac

I am an Egoblosser.

4 fics uploaded

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by gatchgirl

One other theory that could explain Egos color is, if I'm not mistaken, in the old days, like 1800's possibly, the people would consume small amounts of silver to fight of disease, and in time the silver would turn your body a blue color. So maybe his parents forced him , or maybe they drank it, to stay alive.

I know that people did actually consume silver, just don't know if this was the case they wanted to use here.

Yep, you're right! They used to drink mercury too.

But in this case, there should be more blue people around, not just Ego!

No new posts 27-02-2008 20:15 amyltrer is offline Send an Email to amyltrer Search for Posts by amyltrer Add amyltrer to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: amyltrer MSN Screenname: amyltrer@hotmail.com
kimiko kimiko is a Female
Forum God

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 23-09-2007

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by amyltrer
PERMANENT? really? I'm off to search for some on E-bay! Are you sure you can't clean that stuff with anything?!

Amy it's like henna, it stains your skin. Middle eastern cultures like the bedouins still use henna for such occasions as weddings. I believe Madonna was into it for a while.

Celtic tribes used wode to go off into battle and as a status symbol by their higher classes because it's expensive. It will wear off with time (and a good exfoliating face scrub). It took me almost a week to get it off!

No new posts 28-02-2008 13:03 kimiko is offline Send an Email to kimiko Search for Posts by kimiko Add kimiko to your Buddy List
gatchgirl
Babbling Loonie

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 08-03-2006

spacer

Amy does this mean your thinking of turning your skin blue? If so that would be an interesting color, I want to see pics though.

Met, I've been lurking more then anything. May have to send out e-mail again with more updates. Just feel free to writing back.

Racer by day, Feather Thrower all the time!

No new posts 28-02-2008 16:17 gatchgirl is offline Send an Email to gatchgirl Search for Posts by gatchgirl Add gatchgirl to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

I am an Egoblosser.

4 fics uploaded

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by gatchgirl
Amy does this mean your thinking of turning your skin blue? If so that would be an interesting color, I want to see pics though.

Only thinking CD. I won't ask BF anything this time though! He freaked out enough last time!

No new posts 28-02-2008 19:05 amyltrer is offline Send an Email to amyltrer Search for Posts by amyltrer Add amyltrer to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: amyltrer MSN Screenname: amyltrer@hotmail.com
« previous  1  [2]  --> Members browsing this thread: none Pages (2): « previous  1  [2] 
Post New Thread Post Reply
Rate Thread: 

very bad very bad 

very good very good 

Go to: