Gatchamania.net
Register Memberlist Staff Search FAQ Arcade Calendar Gallery Filebase Forums Home  

Gatchamania.net »[Speak Up!] »Introductions » Welcome Katsesama!
Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Welcome Katsesama!
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Transmute Jun Transmute Jun is a Female
Queen of the Bird Missiles

I am a Swan.

40 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 04-04-2007

spacer
Welcome Katsesama! Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

It's great to see you around! We love your art, and your newly redesigned website! Big Grin

No new posts 22-12-2007 02:11 Transmute Jun is offline Send an Email to Transmute Jun Homepage of Transmute Jun Search for Posts by Transmute Jun Add Transmute Jun to your Buddy List
clouddancer clouddancer is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am an Owl.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 10-04-2007

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

Oh, I see what happened. We are all moving over here to greet Katsesama are we.

Well, I will just say hello again, shall I?
Can't say welcome enough, to someone who does such beautiful artwork.

Wave2

No new posts 22-12-2007 02:23 clouddancer is offline Send an Email to clouddancer Search for Posts by clouddancer Add clouddancer to your Buddy List
katsesama
Exalted Member

I am a Berg Katse.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 17-12-2007

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

Oh lord, does this mean I have to introduce myself? Doesn't everyone already know me? canfly

Well, I'm a single Taurus; my favorite color is red; I'm terrible at writing Christmas cards; I love tall, dark men with blue eyes, and if they can fly a plane or drive like a bat outta hell, that's just a bonus...

Not that kind of introduction? stoodup

Erm...I'm responsible for the Transmute! Gatchaman, BotP, G-Force, and Eagle Riders website that's been at vacuform.com/Gatch for the last 9 years (and at metatec.com for 2 years before that) -- it's just moved to its brand new home (with a brand new look!) at http://www.gatchonline.com.

I also run http://www.archetypewriting.com, a site to help fiction writers use psychology appropriately in their fiction. There's even a section where you can ask a real live psychologist (*gasp!* lol) your writing/psych questions and get an answer by email. You can also read others' questions and articles on beating writers block; there are also some unusual idea generators --among other things-- there too.

My history as a Gatchamaniac...I watched BotP when I was 4 and got hooked then. I know we played with Star Wars action figures and stuff, but mostly we were all about G-Force, in spite of the fact that I still can't use a yo yo (which means I was extremely deadly with it).

My college boyfriend mentioned that the show was based on an old Japanese anime. I nodded politely, pushed him out the door, and got myself online as fast as I could. At that time only Alara Rogers and Jen Nolan had web presences; when I decided to learn HTML, I added my site to the mix. Wendy's amazing Home of the White Shadow came online shortly before I was finished, and the fandom has grown online ever since, yielding some wonderful sites and communities (like this one!), to my delight.

I first became "katsesama" in an old AOL forum when we were doing IFs...wow, that was probably like 1996...and it's just stuck. It's usually harder to get the username now, though, so I was glad I could! Katse

I do Gatch art, probably most notably the characters in new civvies (there's some in the FanArt archives at GatchFanFic.com, or you can find me at http://katsesama.deviantart.com -- I really am a web geek, aren't I?)

Anyhow, I've been lurking on Gatchamania for 2 or 3 years, and I finally decided to out myself. flagging

Thanks to all for the kind and generous welcomes!

Katsesama/Carolyn

Using psychology in your fanfic? WritersGuidetoPsychology.com

This post has been edited 2 time(s), it was last edited by katsesama on 22-12-2007 at 02:58.
No new posts 22-12-2007 02:55 katsesama is offline Send an Email to katsesama Search for Posts by katsesama Add katsesama to your Buddy List
Springie Springie is a Female
Her Royal Fluffiness...Swan of Swans...

I am a Swan.

6 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 12-06-2006

spacer

And aren't you glad you did? We love everything you've done, Katse...and we're always glad to have another "web geek" around, like ourselves! No, waitaminute...I'm a complete web DORK (I pretend I know what I'm doing, but I really don't)...I think that may be worse! LOL Animeangel

There is no problem that cannot be solved with time, patience, and a judicious amount of high explosives.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Springie on 22-12-2007 at 03:50.
No new posts 22-12-2007 03:50 Springie is offline Send an Email to Springie Homepage of Springie Search for Posts by Springie Add Springie to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: Springie MSN Screenname: Springie
amyltrer amyltrer is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am an Egoblosser.

4 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 02-12-2006

spacer

Welcome around Katse! It's great to have another fellow Gallactor here!

No new posts 22-12-2007 12:01 amyltrer is offline Send an Email to amyltrer Search for Posts by amyltrer Add amyltrer to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: amyltrer MSN Screenname: amyltrer@hotmail.com
Firebird
Princess Firebird..... Goddess of Swannie Fics

I am a Swan.

63 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 01-07-2002

spacer

It is wonderful to have you over here sharing your wonderful work and links SmileAnimeparty

No new posts 24-12-2007 11:26 Firebird is offline Send an Email to Firebird Search for Posts by Firebird Add Firebird to your Buddy List AIM Screenname: Taishala YIM Screenname: taishala
Metaliant Metaliant is a Male
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 06-06-2005

spacer

Sorry for the welcome katsesama but welcome to the madhouse.....ooops sorry the forum.

Have you been in the Rubber Room yet? Hope you like lemon meranges, custard pies and fresh cream.

No new posts 24-02-2008 19:18 Metaliant is offline Send an Email to Metaliant Homepage of Metaliant Search for Posts by Metaliant Add Metaliant to your Buddy List MSN Screenname: The Legend
Gatchamaniac

I am an Owl.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

Yes katse, was introduced to the rubber room.
In fact since she fit in so well she decided to stay, and has been helping us with out psychological questions about the team.

No new posts 24-02-2008 19:32 clouddancer is offline Send an Email to clouddancer Search for Posts by clouddancer Add clouddancer to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

What about ourselves?

No new posts 24-02-2008 19:56 Metaliant is offline Send an Email to Metaliant Homepage of Metaliant Search for Posts by Metaliant Add Metaliant to your Buddy List MSN Screenname: The Legend
Gatchamaniac

I am an Owl.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by Metaliant
What about ourselves?

Check out the psychologist threads in the general area and see what she says. They make some interesting reading.

No new posts 24-02-2008 20:33 clouddancer is offline Send an Email to clouddancer Search for Posts by clouddancer Add clouddancer to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

Especially the Condor's.

No new posts 24-02-2008 20:37 Metaliant is offline Send an Email to Metaliant Homepage of Metaliant Search for Posts by Metaliant Add Metaliant to your Buddy List MSN Screenname: The Legend
Ebonyswanne Ebonyswanne is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Swan.

23 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 25-04-2007

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by clouddancer
In fact since she fit in so well she decided to stay, and has been helping us with out psychological questions about the team.

I'm still trying to figure it out...that stuff sends my head into a spin...

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Ebonyswanne on 24-02-2008 at 22:13.
No new posts 24-02-2008 22:12 Ebonyswanne is offline Send an Email to Ebonyswanne Search for Posts by Ebonyswanne Add Ebonyswanne to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

I am an Owl.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by Ebonyswanne
quote:
Originally posted by clouddancer

I'm still trying to figure it out...that stuff sends my head into a spin...

That is how I feel as well Ebony. I failed University Psych101 and had to repeat it, still only getting a 66 the second time around.

No new posts 24-02-2008 22:28 clouddancer is offline Send an Email to clouddancer Search for Posts by clouddancer Add clouddancer to your Buddy List
Transmute Jun Transmute Jun is a Female
Queen of the Bird Missiles

I am a Swan.

40 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 04-04-2007

spacer

I have to admit that Psychology isn't my area either. Probably because I am pretty psychotic myself. Bonkers1

No new posts 25-02-2008 01:03 Transmute Jun is offline Send an Email to Transmute Jun Homepage of Transmute Jun Search for Posts by Transmute Jun Add Transmute Jun to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

I am an Owl.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by Transmute Jun
I have to admit that Psychology isn't my area either. Probably because I am pretty psychotic myself. Bonkers1

Ahhhhhhh! See I wondered if that was why I failed.
Although I also wondered if maybe I did not have enough psychosis myself so I could not pass.

hard to tell.... I know I have duel personalities now that I have joined this board. Tongue4

No new posts 25-02-2008 01:09 clouddancer is offline Send an Email to clouddancer Search for Posts by clouddancer Add clouddancer to your Buddy List
lborgia88 lborgia88 is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 27-06-2007

spacer

When I was in my early teens, my mother went back to university after 20+ years to finish her BA, in psychology. Then she went and did an MA. If you unload your problems on her, she listens SO understandingly and is SO supportive, but she will NOT let you feel sorry for yourself and she WILL make you take responsibility for the situation you're in. I often wonder if this is her psych background showing through, or if it's just her.

No new posts 25-02-2008 04:15 lborgia88 is offline Send an Email to lborgia88 Search for Posts by lborgia88 Add lborgia88 to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: lborgia88
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

Maybe a bit of both.

No new posts 25-02-2008 10:16 Metaliant is offline Send an Email to Metaliant Homepage of Metaliant Search for Posts by Metaliant Add Metaliant to your Buddy List MSN Screenname: The Legend
Members browsing this thread: none
Post New Thread Post Reply
Rate Thread: 

very bad very bad 

very good very good 

Go to: