Gatchamania.net
Register Memberlist Staff Search FAQ Arcade Calendar Gallery Filebase Forums Home  

Gatchamania.net »[Entertainment] »Film Flam » Alien vs Predator.....Requiem..... WTF?
Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (2): [1]  2  next »  Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Alien vs Predator.....Requiem..... WTF?
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
amyltrer amyltrer is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am an Egoblosser.

4 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 02-12-2006

spacer
Thumb Down! Alien vs Predator.....Requiem..... WTF? Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

That was my reaction after seeing the movie!

After the dissapointment the first AvP was, I swore I'm over with all the Preds and Aliens forever. I accidentaly found out about about the sequel while browsing on Youtube and stumbled across the famous 5 minutes trailer. From the scenes on it, the movie looked promising. Untill I downloaded it!

It has so may nags and holes I don't know what to start with!

The first minutes were fine, until the little shitburster shot out from Scar's body and the next second Hell broke lose in the Predaship. Which turned out to be a sort of school bus for young Blooded and Unblood Hunters. Where are the Predator warriors from the end of AvP? The Pred elder? There was at least 30 of them around the ship. Cuz all I saw were 2-3 predator morons who couldn't even shoot straight with a neuro-glided plasma caster. And dude, how moron do you have to be to shot blind in the reactor (or whatever was) room. Yep, that's why the ship crushed.

Then the alien. It grew up from chest-burtser to full adult in no time. Didn't they need time and food for that? Maybe he (ooops she, it was a queen, da bitch) eat the Pred Elder and ther rest of the crew.

A plus for this movie is that it gave us a glimpse of a pred city. They have buildings, and docking bay and the room where the hunter stood resembles vaguely like an appartment. That shows they are definitely NOT a nomadic species as fandom portrayted them. Their society might be even more similar with ours than we thought.

The characters were another kick-out. I won't even go to the human side of the movie who was totaly made out of anonymous, second-hand actors who played awful. Except maybe for the military lady. (And we have the equivalent of Ripley).

The aliens were nicely done. We got more glimpse with them, it's not that we haven't seen them before. Predaqueen was the best character from all the movie. It was a point where I could swear she has a higher IQ than the preddie hunter. That dude acted like he was retared or something. Even common aliens outsmarted him. One thing was clear, he was not out for hunting, but rather cleaning off the mess.

The fight scene was good, but not enough to redeem the movie. But exactly when I starting to enjoy it they ened it in the most lamest way possible. Dropping a bomb on everything.

Overall the movie had enough gore, guts and chep thrill to score like a horror.

No new posts 04-02-2008 20:35 amyltrer is offline Send an Email to amyltrer Search for Posts by amyltrer Add amyltrer to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: amyltrer MSN Screenname: amyltrer@hotmail.com
Firebird
Princess Firebird..... Goddess of Swannie Fics

I am a Swan.

63 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 01-07-2002

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

Have to admit I am avoiding this one. Was very disappointed witht he first film and figured I would be let down again.

No new posts 05-02-2008 11:15 Firebird is offline Send an Email to Firebird Search for Posts by Firebird Add Firebird to your Buddy List AIM Screenname: Taishala YIM Screenname: taishala
Metaliant Metaliant is a Male
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 06-06-2005

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

Hello Amy, remember me. If so tell me because I can't remember me.

I have seen AVP Requiem and it was proably as cack as the first one which was cack.

As for your question about what happened to the Predators at the end of the first film.....maybe they went on holiday or something.

No new posts 16-02-2008 23:50 Metaliant is offline Send an Email to Metaliant Homepage of Metaliant Search for Posts by Metaliant Add Metaliant to your Buddy List MSN Screenname: The Legend
Gatchamaniac

I am an Egoblosser.

4 fics uploaded

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by Metaliant
Hello Amy, remember me. If so tell me because I can't remember me.

I have seen AVP Requiem and it was proably as cack as the first one which was cack.

As for your question about what happened to the Predators at the end of the first film.....maybe they went on holiday or something.

It was a lot more cacker, Met. As for the preds, the only destination they could have, was that Predalien's stomach!

No new posts 17-02-2008 07:33 amyltrer is offline Send an Email to amyltrer Search for Posts by amyltrer Add amyltrer to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: amyltrer MSN Screenname: amyltrer@hotmail.com
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

Or they could go hunting for Galactor instead?

No new posts 17-02-2008 19:54 Metaliant is offline Send an Email to Metaliant Homepage of Metaliant Search for Posts by Metaliant Add Metaliant to your Buddy List MSN Screenname: The Legend
Gatchamaniac

I am an Egoblosser.

4 fics uploaded

spacer

quote:
Or they could go hunting for Galactor instead?

Hmph, I'll go with the Predalien fodder option!

No new posts 18-02-2008 18:50 amyltrer is offline Send an Email to amyltrer Search for Posts by amyltrer Add amyltrer to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: amyltrer MSN Screenname: amyltrer@hotmail.com
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

Oh, are you scared then?

No new posts 18-02-2008 20:32 Metaliant is offline Send an Email to Metaliant Homepage of Metaliant Search for Posts by Metaliant Add Metaliant to your Buddy List MSN Screenname: The Legend
Gatchamaniac

I am an Egoblosser.

4 fics uploaded

spacer

quote:
Oh, are you scared then?

Let's just say I like my pretty head on my shoulders where it belongs and not on some Predator's trophy wall!

No new posts 19-02-2008 20:43 amyltrer is offline Send an Email to amyltrer Search for Posts by amyltrer Add amyltrer to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: amyltrer MSN Screenname: amyltrer@hotmail.com
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

I think you will be alright, as you should have millions of Galactor Goons to make the Preds happy.

No new posts 19-02-2008 21:57 Metaliant is offline Send an Email to Metaliant Homepage of Metaliant Search for Posts by Metaliant Add Metaliant to your Buddy List MSN Screenname: The Legend
Gatchamaniac

I am an Egoblosser.

4 fics uploaded

spacer

quote:
I think you will be alright, as you should have millions of Galactor Goons to make the Preds happy.

Actually, I have 5 birds to make them happy!

No new posts 20-02-2008 05:32 amyltrer is offline Send an Email to amyltrer Search for Posts by amyltrer Add amyltrer to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: amyltrer MSN Screenname: amyltrer@hotmail.com
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

You know that the good guys always wins, so the Preds just may give up and go after Galactor instead.

No new posts 20-02-2008 17:39 Metaliant is offline Send an Email to Metaliant Homepage of Metaliant Search for Posts by Metaliant Add Metaliant to your Buddy List MSN Screenname: The Legend
Gatchamaniac

I am an Egoblosser.

4 fics uploaded

spacer

quote:
You know that the good guys always wins, so the Preds just may give up and go after Galactor instead.

So Predators were the baddies, huh? Then again, Met, Galactor are weak and coward. They don't make a fine prey! The Eagle on the other hand....

No new posts 20-02-2008 20:42 amyltrer is offline Send an Email to amyltrer Search for Posts by amyltrer Add amyltrer to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: amyltrer MSN Screenname: amyltrer@hotmail.com
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

Especially the leaders of Galactor, hee ,hee. Well the Predators WERE the bad guys are they did kill humans in all of the films.

No new posts 20-02-2008 21:34 Metaliant is offline Send an Email to Metaliant Homepage of Metaliant Search for Posts by Metaliant Add Metaliant to your Buddy List MSN Screenname: The Legend
Gatchamaniac

I am an Egoblosser.

4 fics uploaded

spacer

quote:
Especially the leaders of Galactor, hee ,hee. Well the Predators WERE the bad guys are they did kill humans in all of the films.

But they killed BAD humans!

No new posts 20-02-2008 21:36 amyltrer is offline Send an Email to amyltrer Search for Posts by amyltrer Add amyltrer to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: amyltrer MSN Screenname: amyltrer@hotmail.com
kimiko kimiko is a Female
Forum God

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 23-09-2007

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by amyltrer
quote:

So Predators were the baddies, huh? Then again, Met, Galactor are weak and coward. They don't make a fine prey! The Eagle on the other hand....

I don't Amy...they run and scream pretty good! Animetongue

No new posts 21-02-2008 11:54 kimiko is offline Send an Email to kimiko Search for Posts by kimiko Add kimiko to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

I am an Egoblosser.

4 fics uploaded

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by kimiko

You mean the Eagles!

No new posts 21-02-2008 17:32 amyltrer is offline Send an Email to amyltrer Search for Posts by amyltrer Add amyltrer to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: amyltrer MSN Screenname: amyltrer@hotmail.com
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

quote:
quote:

But they killed BAD humans!

NOT ALL the humans were bad, in fact the minority of humans killed in Predator 2 were either good guys or innocent civillians were trying to protect themselves.

So there Tongue3

No new posts 21-02-2008 19:46 Metaliant is offline Send an Email to Metaliant Homepage of Metaliant Search for Posts by Metaliant Add Metaliant to your Buddy List MSN Screenname: The Legend
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by kimiko

You mean the Eagles!

No just the Galactor's and their captains and their leaders.

No new posts 21-02-2008 19:47 Metaliant is offline Send an Email to Metaliant Homepage of Metaliant Search for Posts by Metaliant Add Metaliant to your Buddy List MSN Screenname: The Legend
Firebird
Princess Firebird..... Goddess of Swannie Fics

I am a Swan.

63 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 01-07-2002

spacer

They are very good at self preservation I believe Stardust called it?

No new posts 21-02-2008 21:13 Firebird is offline Send an Email to Firebird Search for Posts by Firebird Add Firebird to your Buddy List AIM Screenname: Taishala YIM Screenname: taishala
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

"Not the goons and captains. Besides didn't Berg and Ego die at the end of the first and third Gatchaman?"

Scratches head.

No new posts 21-02-2008 21:24 Metaliant is offline Send an Email to Metaliant Homepage of Metaliant Search for Posts by Metaliant Add Metaliant to your Buddy List MSN Screenname: The Legend
[1]  2  next »  --> Members browsing this thread: none Pages (2): [1]  2  next » 
Post New Thread Post Reply
Rate Thread: 

very bad very bad 

very good very good 

Go to: